AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-17, 15:27   Link #261
ameskitty
Kupo

Well, hey, maybe DEEN will get discouraged by the low sales, drop the series, and then another studio will pick it up seeing profit in an unfinished and badly started series . Who knows? /nonsensical wishful thinking

If you think about it, though, the anime suddenly stopping sure is a nice promo for the VN...could it have been a very evil troll all along ? (jk obviously :P)

Avatar adapted from Yoshitaka Amano art

"There is no such thing as a sexy George." - Rhiannon, Easy A
Old 2009-12-21, 06:42   Link #262
Mint Kashiro

Not quite official merchandise at all, but someone made a custom Pinky:St of Bernkastel. As far as Pinky customs go, it's not excellent, but it's still pretty darn cute.
Old 2009-12-23, 18:58   Link #263
Saerianne
*cackle*

At what site can you buy the Umineko ring at? -wants one- XD
I need to save up money to get things instead of cosplaying.
Old 2009-12-24, 13:17   Link #264
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Anyone know anything about this?
Old 2009-12-24, 13:19   Link #265
Marion
The Great Dine

It's probably a fan book with different special images put into it. Not too uncommon for fan artists to make their own drawings and collectively put them in one book.
Old 2009-12-27, 03:33   Link #266
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
Quote:
Originally Posted by TsundereCake View Post
Anyone know anything about this?
Despite 'fan' in its name, it's the official anime guide book. Usually about 100 to 150 pages long, packed with character profiles and sketches, episode guide and summary, poster reprints, cast interview reprints, and more production sketches. Definitely a worthy get for any cosplayer or collector who wants the series succinctly summarized in one book.

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Old 2009-12-29, 18:19   Link #267
Kishin
Hanyuu's #1 Fan

anyone know where to buy the ushiromiya head ring? it should be out by now but i cant seem to find a site selling
Old 2009-12-29, 18:26   Link #268
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishin View Post
anyone know where to buy the ushiromiya head ring? it should be out by now but i cant seem to find a site selling
You need to look around for an anime character goods import store, like Animaxis. There are probably English middleman import stores that may also carry it, but you'll be charged based on however much they want for the product instead paying based on the retail yen price. The ring is about $14 retail, so it's probably not a good idea to get scalped. Then there's eBay and its Chinese knockoff counterfeit goods... I don't recommend getting that, since such goods tend to be missing details and/or fall apart easily.

Then there's the possibility that the ring is an Animate-only item, so you would need to use a proxy service to get it.

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Old 2009-12-30, 13:54   Link #269
Kishin
Hanyuu's #1 Fan

thx Li Jianliang, I was checking sites like hlj, but now that you remind me it IS a cosplay item.
Old 2010-01-05, 09:30   Link #270
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
If anyone hasn't noticed it, the next DVD cover has been announced Though I believe no one would want to buy it or w/e -get kicked-

Next cover would be Maria and Rosa, the gold edition cover however, is Asmo & Satan with pillow cover as the goodies stuff.

Fortune Card included:

The Empress: Natsuhi and Eva My yuri fangirl side just rejoiced kthx! Scan do want! by Natsumi Kei

I don't have much time spared so just check here! :x

Speaking of the Tarot Cards though, if my math doesn't fail, we are left with so little available CD goods possibility that contains it except the DVDs now

Old 2010-01-05, 12:11   Link #271
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Awwww the Rosa and Maria picture is really cute, it'd be nice to see them like that more often. =w=

Old 2010-01-05, 13:53   Link #272
Baru

Send a message via AIM to Baru
It looks like they also fixed "week" square, and made it "weak"
Old 2010-01-05, 15:06   Link #273
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baru View Post
It looks like they also fixed "week" square, and made it "weak"
That's on the website, but will they actually fix it on the DVD?

By the way, WERE the other DVDs uncut? Did they remove those fade-out black bars?

Because this DVD is the first to contain an episode aired with the wretched pixels. Maybe viewers will respond more to this episode than the others. I want to see DEEN's take on the entrails stuffed with candy.

Of course, the manga has finally reached this scene. It was beautiful.
Old 2010-01-05, 15:30   Link #274
Kishin
Hanyuu's #1 Fan

lambda delta subs do a later aired umineko thats uncencored, so the dvds wont have mosaic, it was only the channel that aired new eps first that mosaiced them
Old 2010-01-05, 18:52   Link #275
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
would be nice to know what or if they fix mistakes and change the mosaic and what it will look like.
Old 2010-01-05, 19:39   Link #276
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
would be nice to know what or if they fix mistakes and change the mosaic and what it will look like.
Again, DEEN didn't do the mosaic. It was the broadcasting station that added those in.
Old 2010-01-06, 17:23   Link #277
Ttak

I don't know if it's the right place to be posted, but...
For those who pre-ordered Umineko EP 6 from Himeyashop, did any of you receive an info about it (shipped or something)? I didn't

Thanks for the sig Risa chan
Old 2010-01-06, 17:49   Link #278
Aeriven
Please grant my wish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttak View Post
I don't know if it's the right place to be posted, but...
For those who pre-ordered Umineko EP 6 from Himeyashop, did any of you receive an info about it (shipped or something)? I didn't
A bunch of us had something similar happen last year, with orders for Episode 4. I sent Himeya an email asking about my order, and mine and other people's updated and shipped a few hours later.

They probably just need a kick in the butt to remind them about your orders or something, so shoot them an email.
Old 2010-01-06, 19:12   Link #279
ameskitty
Kupo

Do remember that today (tonight technically, if we're talking their side) will only be the third day that they've been open since the 26th of last month.

I still thought they'd have it shipped out by this morning, though :/. I'm betting by now that somebody's sent an e-mail so I won't bother. Maybe tonight or tomorrow night? Besides I just ordered all of Higurashi from AmiAmi and it should ship tonight...and it'd be ten kinds of awesome if they arrived at the same time.

EDIT: Haha, speak of the devil, now it's "shipping within 24 hours". Nice.

Avatar adapted from Yoshitaka Amano art

"There is no such thing as a sexy George." - Rhiannon, Easy A

Last edited by ameskitty; 2010-01-06 at 21:49.
Old 2010-01-07, 08:20   Link #280
Ttak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aghra View Post
A bunch of us had something similar happen last year, with orders for Episode 4. I sent Himeya an email asking about my order, and mine and other people's updated and shipped a few hours later.

They probably just need a kick in the butt to remind them about your orders or something, so shoot them an email.
Thanks! I did what you said and the same thing happened
Now its status is shipped ^^

Thanks for the sig Risa chan
Closed Thread