AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-09-10, 07:47   Link #1741
justpassingby

Just caught up to vol 7, and still not sure about purchasing vol 8. I REALLY REALLY need to be careful on buying books in volumes, even when the manga are the cheapest haul for me in this year so far. orz

That being said, even if the Captain is not the one to voice Tsugumi, I will still root for her. Though I don't mind the other three girls though.

Hoping SHAFT will bring the best out of this
Old 2013-09-10, 21:26   Link #1742
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpassingby View Post
Just caught up to vol 7, and still not sure about purchasing vol 8. I REALLY REALLY need to be careful on buying books in volumes, even when the manga are the cheapest haul for me in this year so far. orz

That being said, even if the Captain is not the one to voice Tsugumi, I will still root for her. Though I don't mind the other three girls though.

Hoping SHAFT will bring the best out of this
Whatever you do, don't buy the novelizations. It takes the word 'boring' to another level. But maybe it's just me.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-12, 09:06   Link #1743
II Maestro

What could Tachibana be hiding?

Looks like Raku remembers the color of the eyes of the promise girl and its not Chitoge.
Old 2013-09-12, 09:18   Link #1744
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

We can finally cross out one of the girls. Chitoge isn't the promised girl.

There are four girls in the book so I'm pretty sure a fourth girl is coming. Either she or Marika will be the promised girl. What Marika is hiding might be the fourth girl's identity.
Old 2013-09-12, 10:08   Link #1745
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Frailty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
What Marika is hiding might be the fourth girl's identity.
It's also probable that she knows what happens next on the book.

still, Being the promised girl doesn't mean Raku would end up with that person by the end of this manga

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-12, 10:16   Link #1746
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
still, Being the promised girl doesn't mean Raku would end up with that person by the end of this manga
Of course not...because no matter what he'll end up with Chitoge if he does end up with a single girl. I'm no Chitoge shipper mind you (Marika <3 ), but it's pretty clear who the final girl is right from the start.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-12, 10:19   Link #1747
tsunade666

Wow, what a nice twist at the end but I wonder if there would be another twist that will ended up bring back the promised girl route to Chitoge.

Marika being mysterious and Maikot being the one who notice.
Old 2013-09-12, 10:25   Link #1748
Arturro

What we know:
1. Raku was playing with Onodera and Chitoge somewhere on the countryside
2. There was a hospital nearby, where Raku met with Marika
3. There are 4 girls in storybook - princess and 3 girls with keys
4. Storybook has a sad ending
5. Chitoge, most probably, is not the promised girl

What if there was a fourth girl, treated in she same hospital Marika was. Raku made a promise with that fourth girl, and all 3 other girls promised to help them - so all three have a key (like in the story). Sad ending probably means death of princess (and by parallel death of promised girl). That way Chitoge, while not being a promised girl, still could be the final girl. I think author put so many "hints" pointing Chitoge as final girl, so almost no one expect any other girl could win.

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-12, 10:40   Link #1749
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro View Post
What we know:
1. Raku was playing with Onodera and Chitoge somewhere on the countryside
2. There was a hospital nearby, where Raku met with Marika
3. There are 4 girls in storybook - princess and 3 girls with keys
5. Chitoge, most probably, is not the promised girl

What if there was a fourth girl, treated in she same hospital Marika was. Raku made a promise with that fourth girl, and all 3 other girls promised to help them - so all three have a key (like in the story). Sad ending probably means death of princess (and by parallel death of promised girl). That way Chitoge, while not being a promised girl, still could be the final girl. I think author put so many "hints" pointing Chitoge as final girl, so almost no one expect any other girl could win.
This seems to make most sense for me, the fourth girl most likely has passed away, hence Marika's unwillingness to talk.
Old 2013-09-12, 10:47   Link #1750
Sumeragi
Banned

I think there is a "trap" in this: The "promised girl" is not necessarily who Raku promised a future with.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-12, 10:53   Link #1751
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
I like that prediction about the 4th girl, it's very bittersweet. In this scenario I could see a simple note being in Raku's locket saying "Don't forget me" or something like that. Maybe back then the 3 girls helped Raku to fulfill the dying wish of the 4th girl (who was terminally ill) like smuggling her out of the hospital to have her enjoy a final day outside. It would make for a sweet and sad back story.

Still, while I could really appreciate such a revelation about the lock I rather expect the author to go the simple way, introduce the 4th girl and have her become another rival/harem member.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-12, 11:22   Link #1752
reheiner

So Chitoge wasn't the promised girl, eh... well, I've always thought it was Kosaki so it didn't surprise me.
Nice amnesia arc though, getting hints and Raku's personality change -- if he was like that in the past, no wonder the girls liked him back then
On a side note, even though he'll most likely end up with Chitoge, I still hope for a Marika ending
reheiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-12, 11:33   Link #1753
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

It could be that Marika was friends with the "promise girl" who died, Raku lost his memories of that time from the shock of losing a dear close friend at such a young age and meanwhile Marika made a promise of her own with the "promise girl" involving Raku.

Or...the fourth girl could show up at some point and the standard harem setting returns to normal.

Or...or...or...or...Marika is the "promise girl" but due to some kind of agreement with the third key holder that died she can't say it's her.

Or...or...or...or...or...or...I dunno...theories and shit.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-12, 11:42   Link #1754
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Frailty
Quote:
Isn't it pretty obvious that this is foreshadowing the fact that Raku won't end up with the promised girl? lol

I wish it would've been more subtle

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-12, 11:43   Link #1755
liro
Super Driver

This speculations about the promised girl makes me want to read love hina again.

Just like love hina, my hunch is that Chitoge is the promised girl despite Raku already said she isn't.
Old 2013-09-12, 12:04   Link #1756
Breimoon

if the fourth girl really died that in itself would be sad and interesting at the same time.Or it could just be that marika for some reason really hates this girl
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-12, 15:06   Link #1757
Divini
Senpai!

I think the signs are all there for a 4th girl. Based on the story, the three are probably "the girls with keys that helped the prince". Plus, there's the 'sad ending' and whatever secret Marika's keeping. (They met at a hospital, maybe that 4th girl died?)
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-12, 15:24   Link #1758
ImperialFlameGod8190

what if the fourth girl is something like marika's sister or something weird like that. Although i will say that the promised girl thing is a nice twist its a shame it wont be revealed who it is quite yet
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-12, 17:57   Link #1759
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It was shown a while back that Marika was jealous of a girl with long hair (hated her even? Wish I remembered which chapter that was in so I could check). I'm pretty sure that's the fourth girl and that's why I think she's hiding her identity.
Old 2013-09-12, 18:22   Link #1760
Vezon

It would be interesting to find out the fourth girl is dead.
Vezon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, non-harem, romantic comedy, school life, shounen, slice of life