AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 07 Rating
Perfect 10 26 22.03%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 52 44.07%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 20.34%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 8.47%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 3.39%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.69%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-20, 10:59   Link #21
krln99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
ED song this time is 地上の星.

I have no idea what it is, but this might be the original song...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b28PHX0Bb_c

Don't shoot me if that happened to just be a song with the same name. It sounded nice though... Now we just need the raw of the ED to confirm.

I guess Miyuki sings it? Funny, considering the artist is Nakashima Miyuki. I guess Miyuki is right about her not knowing any new songs. This sounds like something her mother would listen to.
Old 2007-05-20, 11:04   Link #22
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
ED song this time is 地上の星.

I have no idea what it is, but this might be the original song...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b28PHX0Bb_c

Don't shoot me if that happened to just be a song with the same name. It sounded nice though... Now we just need the raw of the ED to confirm.
Haven't seen the RAW yet, but there is only THE 地上の星. An awesome song; I won't attempt a translation of the lyrics, though. I'm wondering who'll sing it though. Konata seems most likely to be able to follow Nakajima Miyuki's style, but Miyuki has the same name, and it is her turn.
Old 2007-05-20, 11:09   Link #23
JEEB
Bishoujo fanatic
*Fansubber

I hate the fact that I can't log on to ニコニコ動画 right now... (I'm a too new member around there, access only from 0200 to 1900 - I understood the power of it a bit too late). I'll propably wait for the RAW to be on the usual places...

Vallen Chaos Valiant, if this is the ending, it's quite... epic. That's the OP for Project X on NHK... (if I remember correctly), one of the songs I heard a lot. I wonder how it was performed \(>.<)/, and krln99, since this is an OP for a documentary series, I feel some connection to Miyuki... And I must guess what they watch on the TV in the Takara household...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post

So they are poking fun at the real Shiraishi when he dressed up as woman?
With a piece of WTF I laughed... I'll have to dig on that, if it is a real-life reference...
Old 2007-05-20, 11:18   Link #24
Mr JeburtO

oops voted by accident =[

well im sure its genna be good anyway, now we just wait for a.f.k =3
Old 2007-05-20, 11:35   Link #25
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEB View Post

Vallen Chaos Valiant, if this is the ending, it's quite... epic. That's the OP for Project X on NHK... (if I remember correctly), one of the songs I heard a lot. I wonder how it was performed \(>.<)/, and krln99, since this is an OP for a documentary series, I feel some connection to Miyuki... And I must guess what they watch on the TV in the Takara household...
I somewhat managed to decypher the katakana for Project X in that thread at 2chan, so it is not unlikely it is that one. But as stated earlier, we'll have to wait for the raw to confirm it.
Old 2007-05-20, 12:02   Link #26
Konata-chan
Wannabe Konata Izumi

Send a message via AIM to Konata-chan Send a message via MSN to Konata-chan
Quote:
I hate the fact that I can't log on to ニコニコ動画 right now... (I'm a too new member around there, access only from 0200 to 1900 - I understood the power of it a bit too late). I'll propably wait for the RAW to be on the usual places...
Yeah, that sucks too. No wonder I've been having log-in problems for like the first few hours, and by the time I have access, raws can be seen in the usual places. Right away, there are at least 3 groups providing the raws for the latest episode.

For a minute there, I thought that Nakajima-san sung enka. I wonder if an enka performance would slip in sometime during its run...
Old 2007-05-20, 12:16   Link #27
JEEB
Bishoujo fanatic
*Fansubber

Got there... and LOL'ed at the beginning...
Spoiler for The thing:

This is a good start!

Konata-chan, Yeah. But I can understand that when people watch video, they use bandwidth. Which costs money. And when more than a million users do it at one time... you can multiply it. But it still sucks -.- Oh well, no more whining from me, we'll just have to wait until the next unlock time.

Enka - I bet there'll be enka in this series at some time. There's enough jokes to be made about it, ネ?

Last edited by JEEB; 2007-05-20 at 12:27.
Old 2007-05-20, 12:40   Link #28
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Ah man, there were some good laughs in this one.
Spoiler for episode 7:
Old 2007-05-20, 12:49   Link #29
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHDpro View Post
Spoiler for episode 7:
This sounds like the plot of a Seinfeld episode sans the last point.
Old 2007-05-20, 12:58   Link #30
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHDpro View Post
Spoiler for episode 7:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-20, 13:27   Link #31
pomps
グ~…

Spoiler for ED:
Old 2007-05-20, 13:28   Link #32
Konata-chan
Wannabe Konata Izumi

Quote:

Konata-chan, Yeah. But I can understand that when people watch video, they use bandwidth. Which costs money. And when more than a million users do it at one time... you can multiply it. But it still sucks -.- Oh well, no more whining from me, we'll just have to wait until the next unlock time.

Enka - I bet there'll be enka in this series at some time. There's enough jokes to be made about it, ネ?
And a good thing about the raws too is that you don't have to see cluttering Japanese text scrolling about. Raws came by so fast and download so fast that I was able to transition to the actual raw instead of watching it on nicovideo several minutes to the end. And as for enka, it is a distinct music class on its own, as explained by the instructor who's teaching a class about the types of music in Japan. It's a really fun class.

Spoiler for Episode 7 discussion:

Once again, my Japanese only caught bits and pieces. Patiently waiting for the sub.

Last edited by Konata-chan; 2007-05-20 at 13:52.
Old 2007-05-20, 13:35   Link #33
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konata-chan View Post
And a good thing about the raws too is that you don't have to see cluttering Japanese text scrolling about. Raws came by so fast and download so fast that I was able to transition to the actual raw instead of watching it on nicovideo several minutes to the end. And as for enka, it is a distinct music class on its own, as explained by the instructor who's teaching a class about the types of music in Japan. It's a really fun class.

Spoiler for Episode 7 discussion:

Once again, my Japanese only caught bits and pieces. Patiently waiting for the sub.
All of these references are from Kadokawa Shoten media or Public Domain, which leads me to believe that they are trying to minimize expenses on copyright royalties. As a result however the pool of actual straight up references is quite limited as I don't think things extend to shows that were adapted to manga (Eureka Seven, Code Geass, Brain Powered etc). They might be able to do a Crossbone Gundam reference though without having to censor, but I don't know.

Also Konata's dad didn't say anything because men aren't allowed to talk anymore in these kinds of shows (Why do you think Akira gets annoyed everytime what's his face says something). He should be grateful that he was allowed to even appear in the episode and should remember his place.
Old 2007-05-20, 14:45   Link #34
lyric

I was shocked by Konata at the very beginning of this episode and Kagami at the preview of next episode...
The interaction between Konata and Kagami comes back [girls love!?]
but indeed, there are still so much close-up of Tsutasa in this episode...Tsukasa is so cute even she is just eating a burg >_<

Spoiler for SHOCK who are they!?:

Last edited by lyric; 2007-05-20 at 15:00.
Old 2007-05-20, 14:57   Link #35
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
I love how the yuri groove started by Konata with her Marimite impression get emphasized by her watching Strawberry Panic (this series being my guilty pleasure of 2006, you can guess how happy I was).
Poor Tsukasa, she is as bad with mobile phones as me, while Konata who forgot hers at home reminded me of my brother.
I'll wait until the subs to fully judge this episode. But, so far, this episode's Lucky Channel is my favorite.

Did I mention how much I love Hirano's "Oujosama" mode?

Quote:
Also Konata's dad didn't say anything because men aren't allowed to talk anymore in these kinds of shows (Why do you think Akira gets annoyed everytime what's his face says something). He should be grateful that he was allowed to even appear in the episode and should remember his place.
moar conspiracy theories plz?
Old 2007-05-20, 15:00   Link #36
Konata-chan
Wannabe Konata Izumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
All of these references are from Kadokawa Shoten media or Public Domain, which leads me to believe that they are trying to minimize expenses on copyright royalties. As a result however the pool of actual straight up references is quite limited as I don't think things extend to shows that were adapted to manga (Eureka Seven, Code Geass, Brain Powered etc). They might be able to do a Crossbone Gundam reference though without having to censor, but I don't know.

Aside from Keroro Gunso, all other Kyoani works and Initial D, I wonder if all the anime/manga/light novel "references" presented in Lucky Star through the anime, manga or CM's are popular enough with the anime group. For some of these anime I didn't get these references until I actually looked them up (eg. Strawberry Panic's "Kuchibiru Daydream")
Old 2007-05-20, 15:06   Link #37
pomps
グ~…

Spoiler for ED again:
Old 2007-05-20, 15:12   Link #38
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Ah, laughing too hard right now. This thread is making me want to drop everything and see the raw ASAP (still waiting for it to download...). It's a shame I sleep in late on the weekend, right when the raws first come out. Based on what's been said so far, it looks like this episode is going to be really great. XD
Old 2007-05-20, 15:34   Link #39
JEEB
Bishoujo fanatic
*Fansubber

For those who really want to know it:
Spoiler for Minoru & Twintails:

Somehow I really liked this episode after I watched it in RAW...

Konata-chan, you did know that there's a button in order to take out the comments... right? But let's not bring too much off-topic talk in here.

In any other part...
Spoiler for L☆S Ep07:
Old 2007-05-20, 15:42   Link #40
Princess_of_Hell
Being Felt Up My Skirt

Send a message via AIM to Princess_of_Hell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post

So they are poking fun at the real Shiraishi when he dressed up as woman?
I have yet to see this episode and I see this, so funny!!!

LOL
Closed Thread