AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2007-06-14, 08:29   Link #261
Tatakae

I'll try to comment the passages bleakessence has quoted. Bear in mind that english is my second language.

Quote:
Comparisons:
Chap7, page 7, upper-left scene followed by a response in lower-right scene
SaHa:
"You stupid virgin with phimosis!"
"I might be a virgin, but I sure as hell don't have phimosis!"
NLB:
"Virgin!"
"I'm not just inexperienced, I'm also totally inept when it comes to this stuff."
Original:

Kuro: 童貞 ホーケー! ("virgin, phimosis")

Aoki: 先生は童貞でも包茎じゃないぞーっ ("I may be a virgin but I don't have phimosis!"

In Kuro's case here's no indication how the two nouns are bound together, and phimosis is written in katakana instead of 包茎. It's up to the translator how he wants to come with the most accurate tranlation possible. I'll give SaHa credit for the more accurate translation.

Quote:
Chap7, page 7, mid-left scene and lower-left scene:
SaHa: "What the hell!? What the hell!!?"; "I've been at Rin-chan's side... much, much longer than that bozo... !!"
NLB: "Why sensei, why!!"; "Why did you make me say it? You know how close I am with Rin-chan..!!"
*SaHa's implies a tone of irritation and anger. NLB's implies a tone of frustrated questioning.
Original:

Kuro: なによ なによ! ("What (the hell/heck, etc), what (" ") ?!")

Kuro: あたしのほうがずっとずっと前から

Kuro: りんちゃんのそばにいるのに...!! ("I've been much, much longer at Rin's side than him!!")

I don't know where SaHa has taken the words "that bozo", but I guess it's called translators free choice. NLB's choice for "naniyo" is a bit too liberal because the original then would rather be "nande da yo/doushite, sensei!" "nande/doushite ... (ect.)", albeit the questioning isn't completely off the mark (indicated indirectly by the "noni" at the end of the phrase).

Quote:
Chap7, page 12, upper-right scene
SaHa: "Um... are both parents out today?"
NLB: "Err... is there anyone a bit older I could talk to?"
*I know the core-meaning isn't different between the translations, but the choice of words used by the two groups makes this scene: considering the context of the situation, NLB's choice of words makes the speaker seem a bit brash or fresh, while SaHa's choice of words makes the speaker seem more subdued. My two cents.
SaHa's choice of words is as accurate as possible (えーと、今日はご両親はいらっしゃらないんですか?)

Quote:
Chap7, page 14, lower-left scene
SaHa: "I advise that you be careful with her, sensei."
NLB: "And I'll be expecting nothing less from you."
*SaHa's translation can be understood two ways: as a 'warning to be aware of her', or as a 'warning to take care of her.'
Original:

Reiji: 先生には気をつけてもらわないと

Ok, this one is tricky. The "-morawanaito" indicates that Aoki should do something for Reiji (-te morau). SaHa's translation is, again, as accurate as possible. I don't know NLB's translation of the former speech bubbles, so I can't comment if their translation is a good one for the context of this scene.

Quote:
Chap7, page 19, upper-left scene
SaHa: "Yeah. It's better that I respect her privacy or I may end up creating more of a distance between us. I think I just need to learn to cope with it!"
NLB: "That's why... instead keeping[sic] our distance because we're worried about violating their private lives... we'd be better off getting to know our children and helping them solve their problems together."
*One of them is seriously off the mark on this one. SaHa's version says the speaker has to respect the boundaries of privacy, while NLB's version says the exact opposite.
Original:

Aoki: ええ (approving to a former comment) プライバシーに遠慮して子供との間に距離を作るより

Aoki: 知った上でちゃんとした対応をするべきだと思うんです!

The highlighted part indicates "must (do) X rather than Y". The Y part is the first sentence and this one says "restrain (oneself) (from violating) privacy and creating distance between (oneself) and the children". The X part means "I think we have to react decently according to what (we/is) know!". Therefore, NLB's translation has hit the right mark whereas SaHa's missed the point.
Tatakae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-14, 08:43   Link #262
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
To NLB and MakubeX2, although I sincerely admire your group's drives and motivations in scanlating KnJ, there seems to be recurring problems with grammar and spelling typos. I know I'm no translator, and I know nil about Niponggo, but if you need assistance in reviewing the grammar and spelling, as well as "naturalizing" the flow of speech for an English-speaking audience, I would be more than happy to assist.

And finally, please don't call me a member of the grammar gestapo... From what I see in KnJ, I just want to help out with the scanlations, as well as serve as a critic to help improve the quality of the scanlations (at least for NLB, since SaHa has already confirmed that they have no intention to review or revise their completed chapters)
You're comments are very much welcomed, As you can see from our comments at TT, this is the very first Scanlation project we are taking on we are always strving to improve with each and every chapters. I'll pass this onto my Editor and see what he can do for our compilation Volumes.

Regarding your comments about my Translation, I'll explain my reasonings here complete with original Japanese Scans with the pharses typed out

Quote:
SaHa: "What the hell!? What the hell!!?"; "I've been at Rin-chan's side... much, much longer than that bozo... !!"
NLB: "Why sensei, why!!"; "Why did you make me say it? You know how close I am with Rin-chan..!!"
*SaHa's implies a tone of irritation and anger. NLB's implies a tone of frustrated questioning.

童貞ホーケー
先生は童貞て包茎じゃないぞーーっ

The literal translation means "Idiotic Virgin" on Kuro's part, Aoki hearded the "ホーケー" as "phimosis" in Japanese since they share the same sound.

SaHa got the literal translation. I figured out that the joke doesn't work as well in English and so tried to go for another intepretation. Here I was thinking that since Kuro was teasing about Aoki being a virgin since he knows noting about Women, he might as well knows zip about emotional matters as he was asking Kuro about Kokonoe's feelings earlier. Apologies for that, but we can retain the joke if you like.

Quote:

なによ なによ!!
あたしのほうかずっと前からりんちゃんのそばにいるのに…!

Literally it means "Why Why ? I've been my Rin's Side way before he does !"

I was thinking that Kuro does not want to admit that Rin has developed feelings for Aoki. But under his persistence to know matters earlier, she was forced to confess to herself in her heart.

Quote:
Chap7, page 12, upper-right scene
SaHa: "Um... are both parents out today?"
NLB: "Err... is there anyone a bit older I could talk to?"
*I know the core-meaning isn't different between the translations, but the choice of words used by the two groups makes this scene: considering the context of the situation, NLB's choice of words makes the speaker seem a bit brash or fresh, while SaHa's choice of words makes the speaker seem more subdued. My two cents.

今日はご両親はいらつじゃらないんですか?

SaHa's again has the literal translation. But I was thinking that Aoki asking the guy in front for him that is his age group about his parents being in seems a bit strange. I mean, a guy in his 20's still living with his parents, what a loser ! So I rephrase it. And of course, Aoki is still a greenhorn as a Teacher, it's as you said, the words adds to his inexperience.

Quote:
Chap7, page 14, lower-left scene
SaHa: "I advise that you be careful with her, sensei."
NLB: "And I'll be expecting nothing less from you."
*SaHa's translation can be understood two ways: as a 'warning to be awarel of her', or as a 'warning to take care of her.'

先生には気をつけてもらわないと
I admit SaHa's got the tone on the dot there. Looking back, I got carried away with getting the context and flow across, since Reiji was saying that He looks after Rin in place of her parents and the original phrase somehow doesn't fit in.

Quote:
Chap7, page 19, upper-left scene
SaHa: "Yeah. It's better that I respect her privacy or I may end up creating more of a distance between us. I think I just need to learn to cope with it!"
NLB: "That's why... instead keeping[sic] our distance because we're worried about violating their private lives... we'd be better off getting to know our children and helping them solve their problems together."

ええ。ブライパシーニ遠慮して子供との間に距離を作るより
知った上でちゃんとした対応をするぺきだと思うんです!

Alright, here's why I think my Translation is the correction one. "ブライパシーニ遠慮して" literally means "Hold Back because of Privacy". "子供との間に距離を作るより" means "Creating a distance between the Children". Try looking it up at any online translator. The 2nd line also translate as "Know and we can maybe think of a little respond". Strike one for SaHa there.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-14, 11:36   Link #263
Pedobear

And this would be why I advised against this. Criticizing another will typically always blow up in your face. For what it's worth, I find it admirable that you did in fact work from scratch, do your own translation in full, and make your own mistakes considering you've probably had their version of chapter 7 for almost a week and could have easily leeched fixes off them before releasing. You at least have my respect for not doing that.

As far as errors go this time, I noticed 17 mistakes/inacuracies in yours this time(this does include the mistakes that were already pointed out, mind you). Seeing as I was chastised the last time for not giving you any of them, I'll at least point something out that you don't seem to have noticed. When Kagami says that "Rin-chan has fallen in love with you, sensei", she isn't saying that aloud. Aoki doesn't actually hear it. The bubbles that follow on the next page seem to suggest otherwise. Enjoy the rest of the hunt.

Also regarding this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleakessence View Post
SaHa has already confirmed that they have no intention to review or revise their completed chapters
SaHa has made no such confirmation as I recall, but BEPally has already mentioned that fixes will be made upon the rough completion of the currently released chapters. You can reach your own conclusions from that statement.
Pedobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-14, 11:39   Link #264
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Now Tatakae's post is what I call constructive posting.... though its probably more insight to the process than our non-japanese-reading audience may want

I guess it depends on how we want to use this thread.... I'm leaning towards this sort of posting because it IS an insight into the "churn" of choosing the translation that better characterizes the 'spirit' of a line of dialog.

@pedobear: basically, unless you start providing constructive input for these errors you say you're finding, you're just going to get ignored as a troll. If you want to keep wasting your time in the thread, I'd suggest taking a clue from people like Tatakae. To use your own language, "Criticizing another will typically always blow up in your face." ... which I observe is mostly true for non-constructive criticism.

Saha isn't participating in this thread... they're welcome to show up and discuss the translations if they want to be collaborative.

Last edited by Vexx; 2007-06-14 at 15:34.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-14, 15:17   Link #265
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Saha isn't participating in this thread... they're welcome to show up and discuss the translations if they want to be collaborative.
Unless I'm right and the bear is from SaHa...

My last post still applies, so I'm not going to waste my time and energy rephrasing the whole thing and post it again.

Basically, if you find errors: quotes or GTFO.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-14, 17:06   Link #266
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedobear View Post
And this would be why I advised against this. Criticizing another will typically always blow up in your face. For what it's worth, I find it admirable that you did in fact work from scratch, do your own translation in full, and make your own mistakes considering you've probably had their version of chapter 7 for almost a week and could have easily leeched fixes off them before releasing. You at least have my respect for not doing that.
I kinda figured that I have the original Japanese text along with the official Japanese endorsed Taiwan chinese translation in hand which I can make references to. So it's pointless to copy right off another fan's translation.

Quote:
When Kagami says that "Rin-chan has fallen in love with you, sensei", she isn't saying that aloud. Aoki doesn't actually hear it. The bubbles that follow on the next page seem to suggest otherwise. Enjoy the rest of the hunt.
Have you heard of "Internal Conflict" ? Here, Kagami has become aware of Rin's feelings for Aoki, but she choose to deny that even for herself. But under Aoki's persistence, she breaks down and admit it silently for herself. This was already explained by me in my previous post.
Old 2007-06-14, 17:20   Link #267
bleakessence

@pedobear
I stand corrected about my previous comment about SaHa. Reviewing where I got that statement (here), It seems that VanGosroth was the one/one of those who commissioned SaHa to translate KnJ, and is not actually a part of SaHa... It seems that VansGoroth was refuting SaHa's claim to fame, not Makube's rebuke that SaHa isn't participating in the thread, implying, not saying, that they aren't willing to defend nor fix their mistakes. My bad...

Quote:
I'll at least point something out that you don't seem to have noticed. When Kagami says that "Rin-chan has fallen in love with you, sensei", she isn't saying that aloud. Aoki doesn't actually hear it. The bubbles that follow on the next page seem to suggest otherwise. Enjoy the rest of the hunt.
chapter 7, page 8 and 9
Uhm... no. Aoki's thoughts on the next page ponder about what made Rin angry, as evidenced by the question mark found after the lines on page 9.
17 mistakes are a lot. I refuted one of them, and three of them were exposed already. Could you kindly point out the other 13?

Comments:
Chapter 10 - Strike two! Mimi just loves getting wet, doesn't she?
Chapter 11 - page 30's mini-scene -> Makes me smile like a giggly idiot XD
Chapter 12 - Page 6 is kinda kinky... the rest up to page 16 is pretty depressing Rin's a really strong girl for her age, considering her reaction at the end of Aki's story arc. Well... at least the mini-scene at the last page made me smile again.
Chapter 13 - This chapter made me seriously go "WTF!?" around four times . Now I can REALLY empathize with how Aoki feels when Rin does her thing to him... the poor bastard XD
Chapter 14 - Okay... the WTF!? moments are piling up. I counted 3 on this one... and loving it!

Last edited by bleakessence; 2007-06-14 at 17:53.
bleakessence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-14, 17:37   Link #268
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
I refuted one of them, and three of them were exposed already. Could you kindly point out the other 13?
I've alreadies explained the reasonings behind my choice of words now, prehaps you could respond by stating whether the reasoning's valid ?
Old 2007-06-14, 17:42   Link #269
Pedobear

Well geez, if that's the way you're going to try to justify your mistake when I'm handing it right to you, I guess I have no choice but to spell it out for you and everyone else so that they can decide for themselves. Either way, from your response, it doesn't sound as though you understood what the heck I was saying.

Page 7
"Even an idiot like you should have realized that!!"
Japanese: "Sonna no jibun de kangaenasaiyo!!"
Literal: "Give that sort of thing some thought on your own!!"
Note: In the previous page, the words spoken were not in bubbles and therefore not said aloud, which is what is suggested with your translation. She said those words to herself, and then told him to fuck off and think about it on his own. I don't know how "kangaeru"(to think) was transformed into "Kizuku"(to realize), but that seems to be what you've done here to the detriment of the original meaning kagami was trying to convey to Aoki. She wasn't saying "You should have realized that she loves you, you moron!", she was saying "Piss off and think about the reason on your own!". By using the sentence "Even an idiot like you should have realized that!!", it implies that Aoki has heard what "That" is, which he hasn't. This is merely 1 of your mistakes and as stated before, it doesn't destroy the story, but it shows a lack of understanding and unnecessary rephrasing to circumvent your own confusion, which is something you do quite often from the looks of things.

Now that I've given you something to correct, go right ahead. You seem to have every other bubble wrong on page 7, so you might as well fix that one too.

Here's another minor freebie for you, also on page 7.
"She got him..."
Japanese: "Mitomechatta..."
"Mitomeru" = "to admit"
Literal: "He admitted it..." (ie: admitted to being a virgin)
Old 2007-06-14, 18:21   Link #270
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Well geez, if that's the way you're going to try to justify your mistake
Thanks for the input.

First off, I'm not saying my interpretation is absoulutly right. I've already explained that I've know what the literal meaning are and presented the reasoning behind my choice of words in my translation.

Now prehaps you might like to comment on whether the earlier reasonings I've put up is valid instead of dodging them and pointing out some others.

I welcome any and all suggestions since we are still very new at this and still teeing along the line of "Literal" vs "Context". Like the recent AFK's "Kagami-sama" or "Kagami the Great", "Tsudere" or "Bipolar".

Let's put a poll to it, shall we ?
Old 2007-06-14, 22:23   Link #271
bleakessence

Quote:
I'll take the opportunity to point out a few errors on NLB's part:
grammatical error: page 14, on the lower-right scene
"Under these circumstances... I've assumed the the duties of her parents and taken care of ***."

How is Rin's adoptive-brother's name spelled? "Reiji" or "Leiji"?

grammatical error: page 19, upper-left scene, left-most speech balloon
"That's why... instead of keeping our distance because we're worried about violating their private lives..."
I was referring to these three errors...

@pedobear

Quote:
"Rin-chan has fallen in love with you, sensei", she isn't saying that aloud. Aoki doesn't actually hear it. The bubbles that follow on the next page seem to suggest otherwise. Enjoy the rest of the hunt.
You originally said this, and you suggested that NLB made the mistake of portraying the quoted text as Kagami speaking them, not a problem in translation (as you are suddenly suggesting in your most recent post). That is what I am pointing out. If it boils down to translation, I'll leave it to you guys, but please analyze the following exchange of words:
Spoiler for a chat between Kagami and Aoki:

What Kagami said in the last line is exactly how you put it: "Piss off and think about the reason on your own!" Grammatically, there is no problem with the statement, as "even an idiot like you should have realized that!!" serves to directly answer Aoki's "Huh? Then why!?". Therefore "that" does not target what Kagami said earlier (about Rin falling in love)... it targets Aoki's question, making the statement grammatically correct.

Last edited by bleakessence; 2007-06-14 at 22:30. Reason: added words for clarification
bleakessence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-15, 10:47   Link #272
Pedobear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Now prehaps you might like to comment on whether the earlier reasonings I've put up is valid instead of dodging them and pointing out some others.
I find your attempts to justify your mistakes a little saddenning considering they are clear inaccuracies and misunderstandings, not attempts to spice up the dialogue. I agree with Tatakae's observations for all five of them, and I disagree with most of your attempts to defend yours.

Quote:
The literal translation means "Idiotic Virgin" on Kuro's part
No actually, the literal translation is "virgin, phimosis" as Tatakae has already pointed out. Where you manage to get the "Idiot" from this is beyond my understanding, so clearly, you don't actually know what it means. What Kagami used here is a not so uncommon insult used in manga. While I agree it does sound dry in english, it was something rather difficult to avoid given the next bubble, where you mutated "Koraaa!", a clear indication in this instance of Aoki's anger towards her insult into "Please wait!" which seems more like a desperate man's cry for help. You then further mutated the next sentence into a completely random pile of garbage to accentuate his nosedive into awkwardness instead of accentuating his reason for being angry. He wasn't trying to beg her to come back, he was trying to get one last word in for his defense. Good to see this page is so refined, though. It's so polished that it shines.

Quote:
なによ なによ!!
あたしのほうかずっと前からりんちゃんのそばにいるのに…!
Literally it means "Why Why ? I've been my Rin's Side way before he does !"
Had you read Tatakae's very accurate analysis, you'd have seen that "Why" isn't actually used here. He's already explained quite clearly and concisely what it truly means, so I'm not about to explain it again for you. Scroll up and you can read it again. The "Why did you make me say it" was an extra completely random fill-in, likely used to support and reinforce the already inaccurate bubble just before. How you're even still clinging to your own literal translation when your mistake is being put right on your nose doesn't show a sign of having much "love" for the material. It just shows you trying to save face with people who don't know any better when criticisms of your own work are brought forward.

Quote:
今日はご両親はいらつじゃらないんですか?
SaHa's again has the literal translation. But I was thinking that Aoki asking the guy in front for him that is his age group about his parents being in seems a bit strange. I mean, a guy in his 20's still living with his parents, what a loser ! So I rephrase it. And of course, Aoki is still a greenhorn as a Teacher, it's as you said, the words adds to his inexperience.
Indeed you don't have the literal translation, in fact you have a translation that has unnecessarily converted Aoki's harmless inquiry about whether or not the parents might be at home into an arrogant request along the lines of "get out of my way, kid. I'm here to speak to somebody in charge". Given your comment here "It's as you said, the words adds to his inexperience", I'm taking that to mean that you didn't actually understand what Tatakae was saying. He wasn't saying that Aoki seemed "fresh" as in "inexperienced", he meant it as being "arrogant" or "condescending", which isn't the case. This is again a situation where you screw up the tone characters should have in favor of simply getting the point across, which results in drastically different personalities for the characters than the artist had originally intended.

Quote:
先生には気をつけてもらわないと
I admit SaHa's got the tone on the dot there. Looking back, I got carried away with getting the context and flow across, since Reiji was saying that He looks after Rin in place of her parents and the original phrase somehow doesn't fit in.
Seeing as you don't seem to be putting up much of an argument with this one, I won't bother commenting. Tatakae's explained this bubble just fine.

Quote:
ええ。ブライパシーニ遠慮して子供との間に距離を作るより
知った上でちゃんとした対応をするぺきだと思うんです!
Yet another that has been explained just fine by Tatakae.

Quote:
What Kagami said in the last line is exactly how you put it: "Piss off and think about the reason on your own!" Grammatically, there is no problem with the statement, as "even an idiot like you should have realized that!!" serves to directly answer Aoki's "Huh? Then why!?". Therefore "that" does not target what Kagami said earlier (about Rin falling in love)... it targets Aoki's question, making the statement grammatically correct.
Interesting spin on it, bleak. Unfortunately though, if grammar had been the only issue in these translations, I don't think we'd have any real reason to complain about either of them. The translation inaccuracy is still inaccurate and involves a random and unnecessary modification to the dialogue, as it does in many other instances throughout these translations. The issue of whether or not the characters are using good grammar is entirely secondary to the main point.
Old 2007-06-15, 11:12   Link #273
Tatakae

I can't comment much on the recent passages due of helping organize an anime con this weekend but I just want to stress out that we shouldn't argue about the translation among ourselves too much because, as I see it, both of the translators tranlate Kojika out of love and being fans themselves. The last thing this title needs now is a bitter rivality among scanlators. We shouldn't suspect the motives or translation quality of one scanlator group just because they're fast or the other group for its more "literal" approach to translation. As clichéd as it sounds, make peace people (and love to Rin & Co.), not war

Quote:
No actually, the literal translation is "virgin, phimosis" as Tatakae has already pointed out. Where you manage to get the "Idiot" from this is beyond my understanding
@MakubeX

Was the "Idiot" in the taiwanese edition, or did you read ホーケー ("hookee"---> "houkei") perhaps as ボケ ("boke"; senile, idiot)?
Tatakae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-15, 11:24   Link #274
Pedobear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatakae View Post
I just want to stress out that we shouldn't argue about the translation among ourselves too much because, as I see it, both of the translators tranlate Kojika out of love and being fans themselves. The last thing this title needs now is a bitter rivality among scanlators. We shouldn't suspect the motives or translation quality of one scanlator group just because they're fast or the other group for its more "literal" approach to translation. As clichéd as it sounds, make peace people (and love to Rin & Co.), not war.
This is arguably the most intelligent post that has made it into this god-forsaken thread and it jibes more or less closely with my very first post.
Old 2007-06-15, 17:39   Link #275
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatakae View Post
The last thing this title needs now is a bitter rivality among scanlators. We shouldn't suspect the motives or translation quality of one scanlator group just because they're fast or the other group for its more "literal" approach to translation. As clichéd as it sounds, make peace people (and love to Rin & Co.), not war
Well said. I may have taken a few liberties with the source material and mod it to such my interpretation there, but I was never the antagonist in the first place.

AFAIK, I was here explaining my interpretation without denoucing the rival's oftheir own interpretation as when the other party came in and shot mine down without explainly clearly why using antagonistic words, thus starting the whole deal.

It was after much coaxing with the help from a few forumers that he starts to give in, which I appreciate and takes as a lesson to follow a more literal path in the future.

Quote:
Was the "Idiot" in the taiwanese edition, or did you read ホーケー ("hookee"---> "houkei") perhaps as ボケ ("boke"; senile, idiot)?
The TW translation has translate "ホーケー" as "foreskin". Like I explained, looks like I have taken too much liberties there to read the entire thing as "ボケ", should have checked up more.

Last edited by MakubeX2; 2007-06-15 at 18:04.
Old 2007-06-15, 17:48   Link #276
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

So, Kuro really knows the word "phimosis"?
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-15, 17:54   Link #277
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
So, Kuro really knows the word "phimosis"?
Who knows. She's smart for her age, but is she really that smart ? Or maybe she could be mispronoucing the words there.
Old 2007-06-16, 10:18   Link #278
GammaRed

Hell, even I didnt know wot "phimosis" was, I had to Wiki it! And I was surprised about wot it was... then again, I have never seen a man who wasnt sniped...

But wot a thing to say to your elder... she has guts!
GammaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-16, 10:25   Link #279
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by GammaRed View Post
But wot a thing to say to your elder... she has guts!
She an お嬢様, a little rich scion of a wealthy family if you didn't notice from a single panel of Mimi's lingerie dilemma chapter where a Salesgirl address her as such.

And everyone I'm sure had encounter one somewhere in their life and is well aware of their behaviour.
Old 2007-06-16, 22:34   Link #280
passin'gass
Cropduster

Well i guess chapter15 is nearing the end of the raw 3 volumes i downloaded last year to supplement the first 5 scanlated ones, so congratulations and thank you SaHa for helping me fill in the blanks. Thank haruhi for graphic novels, you can understand the gist of the story even if you can't read it!

And thank you all for keeping this thread discussion as professional and (mostly) objective as possible and keeping flamebait comments to a minimum.
passin'gass is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, growing up, loli, school life, seinen