AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-28, 22:34   Link #1
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

I think I may have figured out what One Piece is! (theories and spoiler)

Ok, this is still all theories until we get closer to the end, but based on some recent facts that I've been thinking about on my drives to and from work I may have at least a partial answer as to what One Piece is. First, let's go over the facts.

1. Robin has been talking about the "True History" but instead has been finding "clue history" and "true history". In each case the history in question refered to an ancient super weapon of some kind lost to time.

2. In SkyPie Robin found a clue stone that lead to a rather nasty ancient super weapon that belonged to the Cydarians (sp?). Although she only found a "clue history" stone it pointed to the weapon's existance. Gol D. Roger had already gotten the real stone and very likely the weapon itself. In Arabasta she found a true history stone that DID tell of a super weapon of old. Two identical stones with the same kind of info on them. Also, she mentioned that other stones all contained about the same thing. IE my point in #1.

3. Gol D. Roger has been to every single place of the "True History" stones and either recovered the stones themselves or the item the stone refers to. I can't 100% prove this fact, but there's a lot of info pointing to this being the case.

This now leads to point #4.

4. With the previous 3 in mind, this would lead me to believe that "One Piece" is one of 5 possible things.
a. A fully assembled ancient "super weapon".
b. A control device for said item a, or item c.
c. A collection of the most powerful ancient super weapons of history.
d. The "True History".
e. Some combination of the above.
What do you guys think? Wouldn't it stand to reason that this may be true??
Old 2004-06-29, 00:36   Link #2
whatever123

Send a message via MSN to whatever123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
Ok, this is still all theories until we get closer to the end, but based on some recent facts that I've been thinking about on my drives to and from work I may have at least a partial answer as to what One Piece is. First, let's go over the facts.

1. Robin has been talking about the "True History" but instead has been finding "clue history" and "true history". In each case the history in question refered to an ancient super weapon of some kind lost to time.

2. In SkyPie Robin found a clue stone that lead to a rather nasty ancient super weapon that belonged to the Cydarians (sp?). Although she only found a "clue history" stone it pointed to the weapon's existance. Gol D. Roger had already gotten the real stone and very likely the weapon itself. In Arabasta she found a true history stone that DID tell of a super weapon of old. Two identical stones with the same kind of info on them. Also, she mentioned that other stones all contained about the same thing. IE my point in #1.

3. Gol D. Roger has been to every single place of the "True History" stones and either recovered the stones themselves or the item the stone refers to. I can't 100% prove this fact, but there's a lot of info pointing to this being the case.

This now leads to point #4.

4. With the previous 3 in mind, this would lead me to believe that "One Piece" is one of 5 possible things.
a. A fully assembled ancient "super weapon".
b. A control device for said item a, or item c.
c. A collection of the most powerful ancient super weapons of history.
d. The "True History".
e. Some combination of the above.
What do you guys think? Wouldn't it stand to reason that this may be true??
a very good theory i expect it as e. with maybe the addition of treasures collected by roger throughout his adventure.

the reason why i added treasures is since that roger was the king of pirates he may have along his adventures collected treasures in addition to the true history and maps of the place of resting of the ancient weapont
Old 2004-06-29, 09:16   Link #3
HAHAHA
Rules at Life

Send a message via AIM to HAHAHA
I think this has been stated before by others, but I'm not so sure that One Piece is a treasure in the traditional sense of the word. I dunno, it just seems like Roger was deeper than that, and it will be revealed that One Piece is something else, not a weapon or a bunch of gold. A lot of emphasis in "One Piece" is placed on finding one's own treasures, whether it is a straw hat or nakama, so I really can't see One Piece being something that has been stated above. I think that the ancient weapons like Pluton and Poseidon will play an important role later in the series, as well as the True History, but I think the actual One Piece will be something else entirely.
Old 2004-06-29, 11:48   Link #4
|)arK_Nin
Oi Oi Luffy!

I still think that One Piece will be what Robin is looking for and what Luffy is looking for. I feel that Luffy probably wouldn't be sastisfied unless it was a lot of gold, but he could get deeper into the series.
Old 2004-06-29, 12:19   Link #5
shanks_is _my_HERO

i think the treasure is his pirate flag or sumthing sentimental like that
Old 2004-06-29, 13:31   Link #6
monir
cho~ kakkoii

It is number f, as HAHAHA explains. My idea of what one piece might be is parallel to HAHAHA's idea. In the opening, from the earliest of episode, we hear Gold D. Roger saying in English translation, "Inheritance of will". Later in the series where Luffy went to see the execution place of Rogers', we find out more about Rogers' and how those words came to be. We know that he reveals his secret of his greatest tresure "one piece" in front of a crowd who came to see his execution. Roger tells the spectators his greatest treasure lies in the end of Grand Line, a sea voyage (at that time) only few had dared to take without any added incentive. I suppose Roger wanted other people to cherish the true taste of life which cannot be found in a land where peoples' lives are governed by rules and regulation necessary to sustain any civilized society. One piece is that incentive which will drive people to leave the comfort of society to take journeys to the sea where only laws they have to follow is of the seas and I suppose Roger was counting on that. So Roger dies with a smile on his face most likely knowing that he has inspired generations of adventurer who will willingly take treacherous voyage to the seas to find his greatest treasure, One Piece. Luffy, our friendly mugibara no otoku, is a prime example of those adventurer. So, is there truly a one piece? Hmmm..
Old 2004-06-30, 05:35   Link #7
Lomi

I am thinking that the treasure has something to do with its name... its at the end of the grand line, and to get there you need a crew of people you trust with your life. It might be in some sort of cavern or something like that with puzzles and situations where you all need to work together, and when you do you eventually get one piece... one piece of gold that is. Because the real treasure is the experience, and that is what I think one piece is most likely to be.
Old 2004-06-30, 12:34   Link #8
InstantRamen

^^^ I agree. I believe that when they get to the end of their adventure, they will figure out that One Piece is really the experience, the adventure, and the friendships that were gained along the way. Gol D Roger would probably have liked nothing more than to send millions of people on crazy adventures.
Old 2004-06-30, 15:03   Link #9
fujisawa
Reindeer King

Send a message via AIM to fujisawa
Maybe one piece, is what everyone wants, their own adventure, and their own life, notice many pirates go to the grand line, and face hardships, and fun times, both with nakama, and enemies, maybe one piece is what people should want....nothing real, just a life, one where you can do what you want.
Old 2004-06-30, 23:25   Link #10
Zfan
STOP JOKING AROOOUND~!

Send a message via ICQ to Zfan Send a message via MSN to Zfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAHAHA
I think this has been stated before by others, but I'm not so sure that One Piece is a treasure in the traditional sense of the word. I dunno, it just seems like Roger was deeper than that, and it will be revealed that One Piece is something else, not a weapon or a bunch of gold. A lot of emphasis in "One Piece" is placed on finding one's own treasures, whether it is a straw hat or nakama, so I really can't see One Piece being something that has been stated above. I think that the ancient weapons like Pluton and Poseidon will play an important role later in the series, as well as the True History, but I think the actual One Piece will be something else entirely.
Hey, I agree with you. In fact, I have the same theory ^^
Old 2006-08-30, 10:44   Link #11
Dr.Kureha

I still prefer the weapon and treasure theory to the Life experience one.

Roger's says he left everythign HE owns in one piece, so it must be something of his possesion. Unless he left his experience and knowlege on a stone at the end of grand line. He may have discovered how to awaken the weapon and discovered about the true history...... so all his knowledge could be left in one piece.

Or maybe the weapon needed some assembly, and he had to collect several pieces....and they are assembled in One Piece as the whole weapon.
Old 2006-08-30, 10:51   Link #12
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
It is number f, as HAHAHA explains. My idea of what one piece might be is parallel to HAHAHA's idea. In the opening, from the earliest of episode, we hear Gold D. Roger saying in English translation, "Inheritance of will". Later in the series where Luffy went to see the execution place of Rogers', we find out more about Rogers' and how those words came to be. We know that he reveals his secret of his greatest tresure "one piece" in front of a crowd who came to see his execution. Roger tells the spectators his greatest treasure lies in the end of Grand Line, a sea voyage (at that time) only few had dared to take without any added incentive. I suppose Roger wanted other people to cherish the true taste of life which cannot be found in a land where peoples' lives are governed by rules and regulation necessary to sustain any civilized society. One piece is that incentive which will drive people to leave the comfort of society to take journeys to the sea where only laws they have to follow is of the seas and I suppose Roger was counting on that. So Roger dies with a smile on his face most likely knowing that he has inspired generations of adventurer who will willingly take treacherous voyage to the seas to find his greatest treasure, One Piece. Luffy, our friendly mugibara no otoku, is a prime example of those adventurer. So, is there truly a one piece? Hmmm..
Since when was f a number?

But besides that, I basically agree with this.
Old 2006-08-30, 13:43   Link #13
Snubben_Pierre

It could be One Piece of paper where it says, "haha I fooled you, you BAKA!!"

even though the super weapon theory is much cooler ^^,
Old 2006-08-30, 14:52   Link #14
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Well, given what's happening with this arc, I think that they are likely not going to get any closer to one piece, but instead pick up a new ship and a shipright/new member. They've also made Robin's membership into the crew official with this arc. So I expect that they'll start hunting for One Piece again in the next arc. If water 7 was the halfway point of the story, and there were 16 arcs leading in, one as the center point, and I'm going to guess 15 more leading out and one finalie arc, then we've likely only got 14 more major arcs after this before we hit the last and final arc. So roughly about 2.5 - 3 years of OP left given the current arc speed.

This of course assumes that you count the arcs like this:

* 1.1 Captain Morgan Arc
* 1.2 Buggy the Clown Arc
* 1.3 Kuro Arc
* 1.4 Baratie Arc
* 1.5 Arlong Arc
* 1.6 Buggy Side Story
* 1.7 Loguetown Arc
* 1.8 Warship Island Arc (Filler)
* 1.9 Laboon Arc
* 1.10 Whiskey Peak Arc
* 1.11 Coby/Helmeppo Side Story
* 1.12 Little Garden Arc
* 1.13 Drum Island Arc
* 1.14 Arabasta Arc
* 1.15 Stand-Alone Filler Arc (Filler)
* 1.16 Goat Island Arc (Filler)
* 1.17 Rainbow Mist Arc (Filler)
* 1.18 Jaya Arc
* 1.19 Skypiea Arc
* 1.20 G8 Arc (Filler)
* 1.21 Davy Back Fight Arc
* 1.22 Ocean's Dream Arc (Filler)
* 1.23 Water 7 Arc
* 1.24 Enies Lobby Arc
Old 2006-08-30, 15:00   Link #15
Dr.Kureha

Dnt start talkin like tht its not nice to think it has to come to a end some day
Old 2006-08-30, 22:49   Link #16
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by neodrag38
Since when was f a number?
Fortunately, I can always claim that it was a little joke finally had been caught on after a mere 2 years and 3 months of waiting. Nontheless, good call!
Old 2006-08-30, 23:41   Link #17
minimariam100

Send a message via AIM to minimariam100
I think that one piece is both- gold- and knowledge. I think that when they find one piece, and look back on all of their adventures they'll really realize what Gol D. Roger meant by One Piece. I hope the go deeper into the story of "The Will of D" but that wont be for a long while.
Old 2006-09-24, 06:22   Link #18
regasatanum

Regardless what one piece is. Luffy will be the Pirate king, and not only the title, but all the responsibilities, luffy will forfeit his child like personality and become truly a mature King who has the leadership to lead the pirates against the suppressive world government.

But now... what can transform a comical Luffy into a leader of the time. I believe it must be something that will make everybody getting emotional... such as shanks killed by the conspirating world government. Flashback! Cry!... that will make Luffy grow up in an instant, or even becoming a super saiyan.

Imagine King Luffy in an all black cloak standing on the prow of his ship sailing towards the world government HQ. with his ever-serious no-joke no-laughter expression and hardly even see his eyes at its shaded by his hair and his strawhat, fist clenched and no words throughout the journey, and his ship is ahead of other hundred ships of allies and friends he made since episode one. Accompanied by some touching, motivating background music. The new pirates alliance lead by King Luffy, his fleet is raising the flag of the D and move in an orderly formation under the command of Nami. King Luffy, and the reputation of his crews such as the World NEW best swordman Zoro under his wing, his name alone will shock the world government.
Old 2006-09-24, 07:44   Link #19
CrumCon

matured personality Luffy wont make one piece series interesting anymore.
Old 2006-09-24, 08:57   Link #20
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Luffy and maturity do not go together. He's too much of a dope to be anything like that. Although I do have to admit he's really come around and become an excellent leader of his crew, even if he is an idiot.
Closed Thread