AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-03-24, 17:45   Link #6841
Johnny
Working the bags...

I wasn't surprised when Haruto got on his high horse and talked down to Asuka. Let alone tell her that if she doesn't pass all her classes the trip is cancelled. He's a freaking douchebag, I expected nothing less...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-24, 17:53   Link #6842
cmgmcmg
Friendly friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
You people are off your rocker.

I've never felt the urge to reach inside a work of fiction and back hand someone as hard as I am with Haruto right now. After the last chapter this guy is the douchebag OVERLORD of the douchebag realm, and he has the nerve, NAY, the audacity to tell people like his friends that they're pathetic and coasting through college? He has the balls to place himself above them after what he did in the last chapter?

Go fuck yourself Seo. I'm not just going to up and forgive you for doing what you want with your characters because you just happened to remember the 'comedy' portion of 'romantic comedy' title that is supposed to describe this series.

I swear to god this break up better be awful, in every sense of the word. I want him to dump Asuka for a roll of toilet paper. I want her to break up with him for a goat.

God damn it.
I don't feel as strongly as you do but you hit the nail on the head this time... I thought it was at least out of character how he blew up on them when they asked the last time, he was already ready and had the table ready and put up no fight at all.

After all the years of their childhood tradition he just now cares???

But I don't want him to drop Asuka for toilet paper, it's not Asuka's fault that the author decided to cut all of her personality and is preparing to throw her aside as quickly as Nanami, but at least Seo kinda kept Nanami true to her character and dropped her with a memorable personality.

Don't blame Asuka for Seo, she's done nothing wrong (besides being as much of a push-over as Haruto).

You think you can swing the bat? Show your bling and let me shine you!

Let's Dance!" - Dimitri
cmgmcmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-24, 19:08   Link #6843
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beo View Post
Here's a thought - they do manage to go on the trip but Rin gets involved and get a bit mischievous. She some how work it so that Asuka get swapped out with Eba.
I'd say it is more likely that There will be a lot of focus on Yuzuki before the trip. Asua will end up finding out about it and basically confirms where harutos' feelings truly lie. She herself then switches up with Yuzuki for the trip without telling haruto maybe saying she'll have to go on a later train or something like that and then Yuzuki ends up turning up there instead.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-24, 19:10   Link #6844
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgmcmg View Post
I don't feel as strongly as you do but you hit the nail on the head this time... I thought it was at least out of character how he blew up on them when they asked the last time, he was already ready and had the table ready and put up no fight at all.

After all the years of their childhood tradition he just now cares???

But I don't want him to drop Asuka for toilet paper, it's not Asuka's fault that the author decided to cut all of her personality and is preparing to throw her aside as quickly as Nanami, but at least Seo kinda kept Nanami true to her character and dropped her with a memorable personality.

Don't blame Asuka for Seo, she's done nothing wrong (besides being as much of a push-over as Haruto).
No, this time no one is safe.

Everyone suffers.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-24, 20:57   Link #6845
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
I wasn't surprised when Haruto got on his high horse and talked down to Asuka. Let alone tell her that if she doesn't pass all her classes the trip is cancelled. He's a freaking douchebag, I expected nothing less...
I actually found that part consistent in terms of how relationship works... I mean the trip is pre-planed. And Asuka did talk it down like it doesn't matter, for all we know this could be their actually first trip together since they've been together plus he has been working and saving up for this occasion. Secondly Asuka was willing to like sacrifice some of her grades which I felt that it is the Haruto duty to do something about it.

At least it looks like a relationship from Haruto point of view, in a way he was trying to do something, while his girlfriend Asuka looks like she doesn't care..... unless they've gone on lots of trip before during time skip or else its inconsistent. Out of character perhaps but in terms of development its somewhat consist that scene at their apartment.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-24, 22:45   Link #6846
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
actuallly saying that is quite reasonable and in line with what a boyfriend should do. he would've been a douchebag if he did nothing despite knowing it.
Old 2011-03-24, 22:56   Link #6847
Johnny
Working the bags...

Really, what a wonderful and helpful boyfriend he is. Oh wait, he wasn't helpful at all. He just took the higher than mighty attitude route with her and left...

And apologized in the end for what again? For being a huge douchebag...!
Old 2011-03-24, 23:29   Link #6848
cyberdemon

geez all the bashing has made everyone think Haruto is the source of all problems. fact is he was in the right this chapter. It was Asuka's mentality that was in the wrong. She acted like nothing mattered besides the trip. Sure she was busy with sports but she could've easily have asked long before for help with that, not just wait till the last moment.

heck i would've acted like Haruto in that situation with my girlfriend and likely so would a majority of you with your bf/gf
Old 2011-03-25, 00:03   Link #6849
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
geez all the bashing has made everyone think Haruto is the source of all problems.
He's not? We must be reading a different manga then...
Old 2011-03-25, 00:06   Link #6850
Master Chibi

Haruto is the source of all the problems.

That's irrefutable.

We're all pointing out what he did in the last chapter and how he suddenly puts himself on a high horse for something as petty as copying notes when he's done some morally fucked up shit days prior that would leave them ALL looking down on him.

And no, I wouldn't almost cheat on my girlfriend, then make up an excuse to cheat on her, then clearly fawn over my ex only to have my ex have snap me out of it and set me straight, then ignore my ex's sister telling me how big of a douchebag I am, not tell my girlfriend what really happened, or try and do away with my own guilt at the last minute.

Sorry.

Old 2011-03-25, 01:02   Link #6851
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
geez all the bashing has made everyone think Haruto is the source of all problems. fact is he was in the right this chapter. It was Asuka's mentality that was in the wrong. She acted like nothing mattered besides the trip. Sure she was busy with sports but she could've easily have asked long before for help with that, not just wait till the last moment.

heck i would've acted like Haruto in that situation with my girlfriend and likely so would a majority of you with your bf/gf
See, Haruto's academic high horse would have worked well if he didn't cave to Shiori's demands in front of other people. That just made him look like a hypocrite. Even if Shiori has a groping picture, Haruto could reveal Shiori's secret in retaliation.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 01:31   Link #6852
cmgmcmg
Friendly friend

Quote:

That's irrefutable.

We're all pointing out what he did in the last chapter and how he suddenly puts himself on a high horse for something as petty as copying notes when he's done some morally fucked up shit days prior that would leave them ALL looking down on him.

And no, I wouldn't almost cheat on my girlfriend, then make up an excuse to cheat on her, then clearly fawn over my ex only to have my ex have snap me out of it and set me straight, then ignore my ex's sister telling me how big of a douchebag I am, not tell my girlfriend what really happened, or try and do away with my own guilt at the last minute.

Sorry.
Haruto is an idiot, if people hasn't realized this now then your words are falling on deaf ears. Such a cowardly act of Haruto...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
See, Haruto's academic high horse would have worked well if he didn't cave to Shiori's demands in front of other people. That just made him look like a hypocrite. Even if Shiori has a groping picture, Haruto could reveal Shiori's secret in retaliation.
Yet again, Haruto is an idiot and doesn't think far ahead into the future or into the situation at hand.

BUT every problem can be traced back to Seo and his character developments, I just feel sorry for the characters; they have no say whatsoever in what happens to them...

Let's Dance!" - Dimitri
Old 2011-03-26, 07:32   Link #6853
Shadow5YA

If Seo ever makes another series, he should keep it short. The writing for Rinko Days has been decent so far.
Old 2011-03-26, 08:56   Link #6854
Aesthetic Shampoo

^ aha, you just made me read the first seo work i didn't hate. Good job.
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 09:17   Link #6855
Shadow5YA

KNIM was likable too before Eba left Hiroshima.
Old 2011-03-26, 09:18   Link #6856
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnythesun View Post
^ aha, you just made me read the first seo work i didn't hate. Good job.
Dunno , I'm enjoying reading Princess Lucia. It feels better when he is not writing something serious. Characters can turn into idiots but it will still make that series fun. As for his other manga.... I feel with this series KniM is just his lowest atm.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 13:34   Link #6857
Master Chibi

Quote:
Yeah there was nothing really all that wrong with KNIM before she left.

Old 2011-03-26, 14:36   Link #6858
cmgmcmg
Friendly friend

Quote:
I truly enjoyed that part to no end.

Let's Dance!" - Dimitri
Old 2011-03-26, 16:16   Link #6859
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemuru View Post
Dunno , I'm enjoying reading Princess Lucia. It feels better when he is not writing something serious. Characters can turn into idiots but it will still make that series fun. As for his other manga.... I feel with this series KniM is just his lowest atm.
Personaly I like his Love Plus - Rinko days the most so far. Princess Lucia seems a liitlle bit on retarded and dumb site too much even considering it as a humor.

Quote:
If Seo ever makes another series, he should keep it short. The writing for Rinko Days has been decent so far.
Technically Rinko days is not written by Seo. Characters and their perosnalities are taken from the game, although situations are changed by Seo.

So Seo is not really the author of the manga story but more like a co-storywritter.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 19:12   Link #6860
Chandalen

Quote:

That's irrefutable.

Sorry.
Pretty much this. Guy is approaching the podium held by Louise from ZnT for me.

as for his other series, I will agree that rinko days is mostly fine (mostly since it's not his unique work), and I don't mind Princess Lucia but the story really has no where to go, and after coming back to the series after a long reading hiatus the characters all look the same just with different names/attitudes.

Last edited by Chandalen; 2011-03-26 at 19:18. Reason: add more about other stuff
Chandalen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, seo kouji, shounen, slice of life