AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Old 2009-12-20, 01:08   Link #121
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
actually it does...main hero sometimes even lies to himself that he loves the girl A...he doesn't know that surprise element will happen in the last episode so he would say he will come back for the girl A...and usually girl A will tell him what the male lead really wants and then girl B will complete the major comeback in the last half of the final episode
Yes but again, but during this time the main character is still treated as a weak-willed person, and also a jerk who is outright cruel and undeserving of such a love, and it is during this time where his friends and family are the least supportive of him. Though when the scene happens when the main character chooses girl B(who he has spent a significant time with by the way, and who usually knows him better than anyone). Oh and that situation only happens in badly written shoujo, and $2 trashy romance novels usually aimed at delusional females that you can find in the drug store (I'm a female myself and I can vouch for it). But, once again fail analogy is fail based on the fact, that Macross is in fact not a cliche shoujo series, nor is it a trashy $2 romance novel from the drugstore, or a Lifetime movie, or any trashy cliched romance plot from

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
In the TV series version Alto knew these two an equal amount of time. Ranka was the reason Alto joined SMS. Sheryl forced herself to Alto's world.
Sheryl didn't force herself into Alto's world anymore than Ranka did. She also gave Alto the chance to ignore her, and Alto could have let her out of his life by not calling her.
Quote:
The big difference between Alto and Hikaru, Hikaru despite his age acted as an adult while Alto was still immature.
I don't see how Hikaru was anymore mature than Alto. He was pretty well known for saying some truly insensitive things to Misa. They both also love flying in the sky. Though FYI Alto was quite aware of Ranka's feelings for him, he just chose to ignore it.
Quote:
Hikaru knew when to give up and move on. It was not until two years later Minmay showed up in front of him that it became complicated again.
He didn't give up on Minmei until the final episode, and he even skipped out on his date with Misa for her. Then he almost quit the army until he heard that Misa would leave Macross City and they wouldn't see eachother anymore.

Quote:
To say the least the rivalry between Ranka and Sheryl in terms of getting the idiot went up during the Bird Human movie.
Oh yeah that's right and episode 15 never happened.

Quote:
Sheryl pulled a trick out of grandma Mao's book and was a bit more successful than grandma. (In Mao's defense she was jailbait at 11 and Shin would rather have the older sister.)
This up the ante as the two became aggressive towards to Alto. But Sheryl and Ranka is not Misa and Minmay. During the course of their rivalry they respected each other and are friends.
So did Misa and Minmei, they respected each other. In fact Minmei stood up against Kaifun for Misa.

Quote:
When Ranka was about to leave she was not asking Alto to choose between her and Sheryl. She was asking Alto to understand. And the idiot didn't as he let his emotion get in the way of his brain working.
Right so that scene where Ranka asks Alto to come with her pet's home didn't happen. Right after said Pet's friends gutted Alto's best friend right in front of him mind you, and caused thousands of people in Frontier to die. Its no wonder Alto wanted to shoot the thing, really there is such a thing called timing, Ranka apparently didn't have a sense of it. Then you have episode 25, where Ranka deliberately issues a challenge to Sheryl. Yeah Ranka really doesn't want Alto to herself, that's why she's issuing love challenges to another girl.

Quote:
Alto is easily manipulated as shown with Leon trying to spin his head towards hating the Vajra.
Againg timing something that apparently you lack a sense of. This episode was right after the mass death and devastation the people of Frontier faced, along with the death his best friend. Really Leon didn't manipulate Alto, Alto already hated the Vajra after the events of episode 20. Furthermore if Alto was so easy to manipulate then why didn't he go back to the Kabuki stage? After all Yasaburo tried to manipulate Alto into returning there.
Quote:
Hikaru and Gamlin would be ashamed at the level of idiocy Alto is displaying.
No they'd probably do the same thing, in fact I thing they have.
Quote:
In the end when all the smoke is cleared Alto didn't choose. Why? Because the idiot loves them both. He didn't chose either he chose them both.
Based on what?

Quote:
Sigh~ We don't have this problem with Basara even with the Love Decahedron around him.
Because Basara shows no romantic interest in any of them.

@justavisitor So you're saying that Alto's an idiot?
wisteria233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 02:37   Link #122
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
So did Misa and Minmei, they respected each other. In fact Minmei stood up against Kaifun for Misa.
Difference Sheryl and Ranka doesn't have a bit of resentment on each other. Misa and Minmay do have a bit of resentment up until Hikaru finally chose.

Else why would Misa be offended by a Minmay poster and the damn scarf.

Quote:
Sheryl didn't force herself into Alto's world anymore than Ranka did. She also gave Alto the chance to ignore her, and Alto could have let her out of his life by not calling her.
Ranka getting into the same school as Alto coincidence. Sheryl transfering to school not a coincidence. In fact Ranka held herself back thinking there is something going on between the two.

Quote:
No they'd probably do the same thing, in fact I thing they have.
Alto's personality is that he never listens. He's not a professional soldier. Hikaru and Gamlin are professional soldiers. Why do you suppose those two earned their own teams?

Quote:
He didn't give up on Minmei until the final episode, and he even skipped out on his date with Misa for her. Then he almost quit the army until he heard that Misa would leave Macross City and they wouldn't see eachother anymore.
He wouldn't quit the military because that would mean he would give up being on a plane. Minmay is the only one who insisted on it. He gave up on Minmay on episode 27. From then on it was just admiration. It was not until Minmay showed up on his doorstep that he allowed himself to like Minmay again. But it has been two years and things do change. He was no longer a boy but man. A man with responsibilities. Hikaru was in the military no longer to impress Minmay but to protect the welfare of everybody as Skull Squadron Leader.

Quote:
Oh yeah that's right and episode 15 never happened.
You just don't get it. Sheryl and Ranka's mutual attempts on Alto feed upon each other, like fire. Plus the Birdman episode happened before that clip show on the Macross Galaxy conspiracy.

Quote:
Based on what?
"You are both my wings!"

I'm not a Ranka shipper. I'm not a Sheryl shipper. Alto both loves Sheryl and Ranka.

This is not without a precedent in the franchise. Mylene equally both loved Basara and Gamlin and can't choose. That love triangle no longer mattered as it became a Bromance end.

Here it is a Sismance end with a side of harem.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 05:07   Link #123
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Oh joy. Hey Natsuki, I guess she just became the newest addition to my ever-growing harem. Should I put the dress on her or what?

- Tak
Takky, I always assume you are the uke permanent member of various harems rather than the owner of a harem But hokay, a harem-leader!Takky is not a bad idea as long as you are ready to be a bottom <3 Mama!Nat still labu you no matter wat! 8D

And put the dress on yourself please~! I love seeing you in the dress as long as you do not sing with false tenor in Diamond Crevasse! 8D

Labu, Nat <333

P.S: Put your impression on the novel with a blast Takky \o/ That might help me change my mind of bring lazy to buy it ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by erfine View Post
[b]

@Nat
The radiance of cheesie's posts blinds my eyes too. Stop pretending to be tsun.
I-I'm not tsun! Honest to goodness! D: *Looks at the perimeter*

... Seems like no one believe me though ;-; /runs off to Brother Stray ;___;

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 05:56   Link #124
magnuskn

Quote:
They always tried to potray Alto as Hikaru-light but he's not Hikaru. Different circumstances surround the three. Plus Alto's an idiot.
I'd say Alto stands quite on his own, if only for the fact that his background is totally different, he is not a slight mysogenist as Hikaru was ( which was era-dependent, of course ) and he also is not a horrible double-timing asshole as Hikaru turned out to be multiple times during the original series. He also is not an idiot in any shape or form.

Quote:
The big difference between Alto and Hikaru, Hikaru despite his age acted as an adult while Alto was still immature.
I don't see it. Hikaru treated Misa horribly on multiple occasions to pursue his unrequited fetish for Minmay. Alto never ever went to the lengths of asshattery which Hikaru did. As for their maturity in regards to their militariy responsibilities, I refer you to reverse-engineer this quote from Ozma "I'm not an adult, I am a man!". This in regards to comparing himself to Alto.

Quote:
Hikaru knew when to give up and move on. It was not until two years later Minmay showed up in front of him that it became complicated again.
Well, I don't know what happened during those two years ( I guess there are supplementals out for that era, too, but I haven't heard of them ), but Misas and Hikarus relationship seemingly had stalled during that era, too. So it is not as if Hikaru did choose one girl or anything.

Quote:
When Ranka was about to leave she was not asking Alto to choose between her and Sheryl. She was asking Alto to understand. And the idiot didn't as he let his emotion get in the way of his brain working.
Eh? Ranka explicitly was trying to get Alto to come with her on her "suicide-cum-peace" mission to the Vajra planet. And that Alto reacted emotionally after seeing the destruction of his home and the murder of his best friend, by an enemy which until that very point was understood by EVERYBODY as brainless beasts, well, that proves for me that he was human, because who would not react with fury at the appearance of another one of those murderous creatures?

Quote:
During Rori, Ware, and Konda's hearing Hikaru didn't trust them at first, then he took a step back thought about it and recommended their asylum.
The Zentraedi three were beings who could express a reasoned opinion and whose plea for asylum made rational sense. The Zentraedi already were understood by Hikaru and the SDFM crew to be beings of reason ( although strange alien cultural values ), while the Vajra were understood by everybody but the conspirators and Ranka ( who did choose to not communicate her findings ) to be mindless.

Quote:
Alto is easily manipulated as shown with Leon trying to spin his head towards hating the Vajra.
He was a.) acting out of the best information he had at that time and b.) had built up a pretty understandable amount of hatred towards an enemy which could not be reasoned with and which was implacable in its pursuit of destroying the inhabitants of Frontier. You are not taking into account at all the circumstances he found himself in and the information he had available.

Quote:
Hikaru and Gamlin would be ashamed at the level of idiocy Alto is displaying.
I highly doubt that. They had completely different situations to deal with.

Quote:
In the end when all the smoke is cleared Alto didn't choose. Why? Because the idiot loves them both. He didn't chose either he chose them both.
I think I can make a convincing case that he had already chosen. The light novels put that assertion of mine in a new light, however, which is why I'd like to have more complete information on the relevant scenes of the last two episodes.

Quote:
Sigh~ We don't have this problem with Basara even with the Love Decahedron around him.
<snort> Basara chose the Galaxy. It seemed he was only bemused by all the attention thrown at him by Mylene and assorted others and was only briefly interested in Sivvil and Emilia.

Quote:
Alto's personality is that he never listens. He's not a professional soldier. Hikaru and Gamlin are professional soldiers. Why do you suppose those two earned their own teams?
Alto already got promoted to junior lieutenant for his actions in episode 14 and did, in fact, get his own team when SMS deserted and he chose to do his duty by Frontier ( and Sheryl ) and stay.

Quote:
I'm not a Ranka shipper. I'm not a Sheryl shipper. Alto both loves Sheryl and Ranka.
He certainly does, but I assert that he does so in different ways.

Quote:
This is not without a precedent in the franchise. Mylene equally both loved Basara and Gamlin and can't choose. That love triangle no longer mattered as it became a Bromance end.
Oh, come on. You can't seriously be comparing Mylene ( or Basara ) to Alto, can you? That has to be a late or early Aprils Fools joke.
Old 2009-12-20, 08:35   Link #125
wisteria233

Quote:
Difference Sheryl and Ranka doesn't have a bit of resentment on each other. Misa and Minmay do have a bit of resentment up until Hikaru finally chose.

Else why would Misa be offended by a Minmay poster and the damn scarf.
Because Misa was inlove with Hikaru and spent 2 years chasing after him, and yet Hikaru could not let go of his first love. That's why Misa was annoyed with the poster, wich she countered by giving Hikaru a batch of pictures of her. The scarf annoyed her because Hikaru had stood her up to meet with Minmei, and then had the gall to give her a scarf with his and Minemi's initials on it.

Quote:
Ranka getting into the same school as Alto coincidence. Sheryl transfering to school not a coincidence. In fact Ranka held herself back thinking there is something going on between the two.
No it wasn't, when the series started Ranka was not in the same school as Alto. She went to a private school for girls, until she got herself expelled by attending the Miss Macross contest. Also try again Ranka did know what school Alto had attended. Sheryl outright said that she only transferred to get piloting lessons(which she thought was fun), and because she wanted to experience what it was like to go to school for the first time. Hell the Drama CD even has her asking Michael and eventually Cathy to give her extra lessons. Sheryl and Alto pretty much denied that there was a relationship between them at that point, though everyone saw otherwise. Ranka could have still tried to get to know Alto.

Quote:
He does listen, he listened when Sheryl asked her not to bring her back to the hospital, he listened to Ranka talk about herself every time they were in a scene together, up until episode 21 when she introduced Ai-kun right after its friends killed Mikhail. He listened to Sheryl whenever they had a conversation, and when listened to Sheryl when she asked him to save Ranka, he listened to Bilrer when then he as ordered to meet with him, and he even listened to Yasaburo who wanted Alto to return home. Yeah Alto never listened alright. Alto becomes a professional soldier after quarter leaves and even has his own unit, before that he was apart of a civilian military whose duties are the same as the NUNS.

Quote:
He wouldn't quit the military because that would mean he would give up being on a plane. Minmay is the only one who insisted on it. He gave up on Minmay on episode 27. From then on it was just admiration. It was not until Minmay showed up on his doorstep that he allowed himself to like Minmay again. But it has been two years and things do change. He was no longer a boy but man. A man with responsibilities. Hikaru was in the military no longer to impress Minmay but to protect the welfare of everybody as Skull Squadron Leader.
Did you seriously watch Super Dimensional Space Fortress Macross? cause your comment shows a lack knowledge of the series. Minmei did ask Hikaru to leave the military, and he seriously considered it. Also there are 34 episodes of SDF Macross not 27, I highly advise you to watch the entire series again, cause for someone that was over a girl, Hikaru sure did chase Minmei around a lot.

Quote:
You just don't get it. Sheryl and Ranka's mutual attempts on Alto feed upon each other, like fire. Plus the Birdman episode happened before that clip show on the Macross Galaxy conspiracy.
Said clip show only happed for half the episode the other half was new scenes.

Quote:
"You are... both my wings!"
fixed and
Translation: You are both important to me!

Quote:
No but is is obvious from your post that you have a bias towards her.

Quote:
Like Magnus said the situation with Mylene was incomparable

Quote:
Here it is a Sismance end with a side of harem.
How you ignore the end of epsiode 25
Ranka: Sheryl-san I won't lose in song or in love
Sheryl: I accept your challenge

Moral of today's post for Reddywolf: One should actually watch a series before he decides to comment on it.
Old 2009-12-20, 08:40   Link #126
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

I'll go through the mountains of posts later. What caught my eye though, would be along the lines of:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erfine
Cheesie is delicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki_Hyuga
I rabu Cheesie
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn
Cheesie is important to me
Though I am much flattered by these comments, much to the great disappointment of some, I don't do OT4s, unlike that manslut Tak, but the doors to my growing harem are always open. It's one of those things that happens when your waifu decided to become a hobo wanderer.
cheesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 08:52   Link #127
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesie View Post
Though I am much flattered by these comments, much to the great disappointment of some, I don't do OT4s, unlike that manslut Tak, but the doors to my growing harem are always open. It's one of those things that happens when your waifu decided to become a hobo wanderer.
Thanks, but I prefer to view you as an esteemed colleague in the institute of Sherylogy. I don't do harems.
Old 2009-12-20, 11:14   Link #128
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
How you ignore the end of epsiode 25
Ranka: Sheryl-san I won't lose in song or in love
Sheryl: I accept your challenge

Moral of today's post for Reddywolf: One should actually watch a series before he decides to comment on it.
That is why it is a Sismance because those two understood each other.

Wisteria I did watch both series. My POV unlike you and others are not tinted by shipping. Yes I'm neutral thus I'm more objective than either Alto-Sheryl fans or Alto-Ranka fans.

If you actually watched Macross episode 36 Hikaru ignored Minmay's plea not to go. Not only to Misa but to the military.

Before Hikaru joined the military he was a sky-idiot (better term sky-geek). The theme gets passed down to Isamu then Gamlin (Though not as obvious, watch Macross 7 Plus Top Gamlin) and finally this generation with Alto.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 12:39   Link #129
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Quote:
My POV unlike you and others are not tinted by shipping. Yes I'm neutral thus I'm more objective than either Alto-Sheryl fans or Alto-Ranka fans.
If you truly believe this, rebuff all the points with proof to back it up.

"Because I'm neutral means I'm right" is not proof.
Foreshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 14:59   Link #130
wisteria233

Quote:
That is why it is a Sismance because those two understood each other.

Wisteria I did watch both series. My POV unlike you and others are not tinted by shipping. Yes I'm neutral thus I'm more objective than either Alto-Sheryl fans or Alto-Ranka fans.

If you actually watched Macross episode 36 Hikaru ignored Minmay's plea not to go. Not only to Misa but to the military.

Before Hikaru joined the military he was a sky-idiot (better term sky-geek). The theme gets passed down to Isamu then Gamlin (Though not as obvious, watch Macross 7 Plus Top Gamlin) and finally this generation with Alto.
Yeah because your posts really are tinted with Alto-hate, and blatant ignorance of the the series you use in your examples. Yep, its totally unbiased

Oh and just because you claim to be a unbiased poster doesn't make you automatically right. And in this case you are seriously wrong.

Oh and episode 36 was the last episode of the show, there are only 36 episodes in SDF Macross. Before that he argued with Misa about going into combat right after reuniting with Minmei. Also in episode 36 he made his choice to stay with Misa, which would entail him staying in the military. Yet more proof that you don't know what you're talking about.

Last edited by wisteria233; 2009-12-20 at 17:19.
Old 2009-12-20, 14:59   Link #131
justavisitor

@Foreshadow
hmm...wait...he only said he is more objective lol...objective doesn't mean "right"

Example, "A newspaper should be completely objective on various issues"...this doesn't mean "A newspaper should be completely right on various issues"

I am not stopping you from challenging him, but I think you unintentionally put your personal assumption into his post

Of course, it's only my opinion XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 16:39   Link #132
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Quote:
@Foreshadow
hmm...wait...he only said he is more objective lol...objective doesn't mean "right"

Example, "A newspaper should be completely objective on various issues"...this doesn't mean "A newspaper should be completely right on various issues"

I am not stopping you from challenging him, but I think you unintentionally put your personal assumption into his post

Of course, it's only my opinion XD
I'm going to tweak your examples and bring them into context.

Quote:
"A newspaper is more objective then other newspapers because it's neutral and others are not"
Which translates to:

Quote:
"A newspaper is correct on various issues, because it is objective and other newspaper cannot present the facts without distorting the truth with their preferences"
In the context of the conversation, he thinks that he can look at a situation impartially, better then other posters which cannot, because other posters here cannot look at the facts without bringing their preferences into play, invalidating their opinions.

Had he only wanted to say he was impartial, he wouldn't say it as a retort to Wisteria, as reasoning to why his opinion is correct.

He's essentially claiming his options are based on fact, while other posters are not, because they cannot interpret the facts correctly.

Last edited by Foreshadow; 2009-12-20 at 16:59.
Old 2009-12-20, 17:31   Link #133
justavisitor

hold on, a newspaper that is objective doesn't mean it is right on various issues, it only means that the article reports the story from both sides. On the contrary, a newspaper that is not objective only means that it takes opinion from one side and neglects the opinion from other side. Unless you are taking about editorial, but I was thinking of an article from a newspaper when I wrote my example....

Anyway, this is way too off-topic... As I said, I just raised out a concern, not trying to stop you or anything...damn six more months to wait for the movie....XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 17:54   Link #134
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Quote:
hold on, a newspaper that is objective doesn't mean it is right on various issues, it only means that the article reports the story from both sides. On the contrary, a newspaper that is not objective only means that it takes opinion from one side and neglects the opinion from other side. Unless you are taking about editorial, but I was thinking of an article from a newspaper when I wrote my example....

Anyway, this is way too off-topic... As I said, I just raised out a concern, not trying to stop you or anything...damn six more months to wait for the movie....XD
I used your examples thinking it'd be easier for you to understand.

The Objective article presents the story based on fact, and covers both sides. It is CORRECT, because it is based on FACT from both sides without taking emotional factors into account.

On the other hand,

Because the other article neglects the situation of the other side, it leaves out crucial details that could be missed by only covering one side- MAKING IT INCORRECT, or WRONG, while already being prejudiced against the other side further distorting the story.

He is inferring that because he's neutral he can see both sides and conclude properly better than other people, because they have a preference and that would "obviously" make them incorrect.

I would hope you would notice that most members of this forum are quite capable of objectively looking at the situation and properly drawing a conclusion with factual statements to back it up. Just because a person has a preference doesn't make them unable to objectively analyze a situation any worse.

What I am asking him to do, is rather then using his "Neutrality" as a justification for his examples, use actual proof.

Last edited by Foreshadow; 2009-12-20 at 22:23.
Old 2009-12-20, 18:03   Link #135
magnuskn

Saying "I am objective" and bringing a very subjective dislike of Alto into the conversation is not exactly the best way to convince anyone of your objectivity, that's true. ^^
Old 2009-12-20, 23:10   Link #136
Mei19
LOL'ing at t3h old bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreshadow View Post
What I am asking him to do, is rather then using his "Neutrality" as a justification for his examples, use actual proof.

Proof that Alto BOTH loves Sheryl and Ranka? Wasn't that his point? I don't think there's a need for an actual proof of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaAlba
if you think that my translations were rubbish, then so be it. I do this purely as a fan only
Spoiler for psst:

Not that we're saying you're making rubbish but there shouldn't be anything wrong in asking for a scan/screenshot of the parts you've translated. Didntcha know shaloom was hailed and defended strongly here too because he's been saying some good stuff. That is until someone exposed him. XXD That wouldn't have happened if he had credible sources tho. Just saying.
Mei19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-21, 00:20   Link #137
KaoruLia

Quote:
Not that we're saying you're making rubbish but there shouldn't be anything wrong in asking for a scan/screenshot of the parts you've translated. Didntcha know shaloom was hailed and defended strongly here too because he's been saying some good stuff. That is until someone exposed him. XXD That wouldn't have happened if he had credible sources tho. Just saying.
Yeah, I'd love to see the scans, not because I'm doubting AlaAlba or anything, but it would be the fastest way to shut up the naysayers. Let's get it over with ^^;;

Anyways, I found this Japanese blog talking about Vol 3 of the light novels, if I'm not mistaken the AltoxSheryl episode 22 scene was also addressed here:

http://friederike.blog90.fc2.com/blog-entry-737.html

マクロスフロンティア Vol.3 アナタノオト
(角川スニーカー文庫)
(2008/12/31)
小太刀 右京

【アルト、男になる】
性的交渉があると男になるというのもあるけどこれどうなんでしょうね?アルトは童貞をシェリルは処女を捧げ ちゃったっぽい話ですがもうアニメでグレーゾーンだったところを見事書いたな、小説。個人的にはちょっとシ ョックでした。グレーゾーンで良かった…(><)なんか、かなーり複雑だ。

I checked it out in Babelfish, but I can't make out 90% of the words... ^^; There was something about Alto being a man, and the word virgin, sexual negotiation, Sheryl...

Last edited by KaoruLia; 2009-12-21 at 05:08.
KaoruLia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-21, 00:37   Link #138
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mei19 View Post

Proof that Alto BOTH loves Sheryl and Ranka? Wasn't that his point? I don't think there's a need for an actual proof of that.
What are you reading? Hint: It's a wall of text
Old 2009-12-21, 05:07   Link #139
AlaAlba

*skips all those wall of texts*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaoruLia View Post
Yeah, I'd love to see the scans, not because I'm doubting AlaAlba or anything, but it would be the fastest way to shut up the naysayers. Let's get it over with ^^;;

@tak: have you got your novels copies yet? we're waiting for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaoruLia View Post
Anyways, I found this Japanese blog talking about Vol 3 of the light novels, if I'm not mistaken the AltoxSheryl episode 22 scene was also addressed here:

http://friederike.blog90.fc2.com/blog-entry-737.html
I couldnt stop myself from buying the novels right after I read this summary. Not this summary from the site you mentioned though, I read about Alto and Sheryl "did" it on amazon's reader impressions

【アルト、男になる】
性的交渉があると男になるというのもあるけどこれどうなんでしょうね?アルトは童貞をシェリルは処女を捧げ ちゃったっぽい話ですがもうアニメでグレーゾーンだったところを見事書いたな、小説。個人的にはちょっとシ ョックでした。グレーゾーンで良かった…(><)なんか、かなーり複雑だ。
[Alto, became a man]
It said that a boy will become a man after he experienced a sexual intercourse, but I wonder about this one. The story that, it seems Alto gave his virgin and Sheryl gave her, in the anime where this scene was a grey zone, the novel blatantly mentioned it. Personally I'm a bit shocked. I prefer it's greyzone still (><) I cant describe my feeling somehow.
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-21, 05:17   Link #140
KaoruLia

Ah, the babelfish translated something similar to that, but I just wanted to be sure. Thanks a lot! XD
KaoruLia is offline   Reply With Quote