AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-11-20, 01:09   Link #921
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
She is following me. But I thought of that and released her but still no extra dialogue.
There are some unconfirmed rumour that you would need to progress in the main quest further before you could marry her. But all in all it is still a big mystery how to do so without code editing.
Old 2011-11-20, 01:29   Link #922
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Beat Skyrim's main quest! Weeeee

Well I finally got slightly sick/bored of doing miscellaneous quests and scouting caves and such and decided to essentially "beat" the game in terms of the main quest. Not going to give any spoilers...so yeah, it's freaking epic. The only thing I would recommend is getting it done early for some of the perks you get for completing parts of it.

I rolled a Wood Elf Archer (maxed) with almost maxed Sneak and Lockpicking. I have perk points in all 3 as well as in Smithing, Enchanting, Light Armor, Pickpocketing, and One-Handed. I only put perk points in the ones that I thought was necessary or needed. I have points in One-Handed because I maxed Archery fairly fast so I decided to go Dual Wield just for kicks and I love it.

Vallen is right in what he said about how Daedric Smithing provides the best possible weapon. I went light armor so I only leveled up the left side of the tree up to Dragonscale Armor. Dragoscale Armor consists of both Heavy and Light Armor pieces + shields but no weapons which would make the Daedric Smithing have the highest base weapon damage.

When I improved my glass bow to legendary (not sure if I used a potion if it was it was a 20 or 30%) my bow is at 158 (that's including 20 point fire enchant as well as gear with +27/28% bow damage). I used a 40% potion smithing and went to improve my bow and it shoots it up to about 180 so if I craft myself a maxed out fortify smithing, an impovement on my glass bow would be epic. It would be "godly" as Vallen says, on a Daedric bow

Keep in mind that "improving/crafting" isn't the only thing that increases your damage but fortify bonuses from potions and from enchantments do too and actually I would say they increase your damage more than crafting. I have 4 pieces of +27% increase bow damage EACH (gloves, helmet, ring, and necklace) which allows me to sneak attack a dragon for about 1/3 of it's health not including a critical xD. +27% fortify isn't the lowest, as I increased my enchant it went up to 32%.

Long story short - If you want a godly weapon:
-max out smithing + craft your weapon
-max out enchanting and get the perk stat things (especially the double enchant)
-create an armor set of +% fortify smithing gear but be sure to toss up a +% fortify enchanting potion to maximize the +% (I'm not aware of a max fortify for enchanting)
-wear the armor and drink a +40% improved smithing potion (I haven't found anything higher than 40% potion)
-bring your weapon to the grindstone on wallah, there is your godly basic weapon
-not done yet, to make it truly godly bring it to the Arcane Enchanter but before you do drink another one of those +% fortify enchantment to maximize enchant damage
-enchant your weapon twice (enchant perk allows 2 enchants on a gear) with say, fire and shock

BAMBOOM ZOMGZ godly Daedric weapon. Don't forget to name it something epic!

Time to roll a pure mage! I will craft myself a Daedric bow and see how godly I can make it later

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 01:36   Link #923
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

After I am done with this current mage character, I would likely try an archer next. Not the melee type personally. So I would likely end up being a steal archer with super-boosted bow.
Old 2011-11-20, 02:02   Link #924
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
After I am done with this current mage character, I would likely try an archer next. Not the melee type personally. So I would likely end up being a steal archer with super-boosted bow.
I thought the x15 sneak damage boost for daggers was OP'd but considering our range as an archer including the high amounts of damage from our bows, we do just as much with our x6 sneak damage boost. I would even say that we do more damage especially if it's the x6 + critical hit. I know for a fact that I take down bosses (which you can't "sneak attack" forever) a lot faster than my brother. My brother is OP'd though. He found a jewelry piece (or armor piece I forget) that DOUBLES the sneak attack damage so with his dagger he does x30

Old 2011-11-20, 02:44   Link #925
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Cowards, face your enemy face to face! XD

The Quick Reflexes perk under Block has really helped me with boss characters. Soon as power attack and time slows, I drop my shield, circle around and begin my own power attack against them.

Still running fairly basic gear at the moment, I ran across a vampire sanctuary near the Grey Beards and the Master Vampire there was quite the tough fellow.

To sweeten the deal though my character cleaved his head off. XD

Plan to finally unlock some smithing perks as I've got a ton of Ebony ore yet I'm still running Steel Plate.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 03:04   Link #926
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Anyone got a good enchanting guide somewhere? Wanna see if I can make my magic knight dual wield unlimited magika while wearing full legendary Daedrics. I've got the legendary Daudrics already and I wanted to try some magika training.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 03:19   Link #927
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Legendary glass is 55 (at archer 50 through), so i guess Elbony legendary will still slightly stronger than conjured. But then investing 4 pesks onto daeric weapons does not worth it imo,since i already got dragon through light armour

Btw, there must be a good named bow is hiden in a dungeon somewhere, isn't it? Got that mask + flame thrower staffs a while back, which is really unique. So the game must scatter some good, uncraftable stuffs around the map?
There's a purpose for that mask. There's eight masks in the game and if you gather them all in one place .. something amazing is bound to happen .. maybe. Do the Mage College questline and you'll find more info as you reach Labyrinthian, unless you've already been there...

Spoiler for :

As for the bow, dunno. If there is, you'll probably get it through a quest, like you can get the Mehrune's Razor from one. Or the staff that can summon a Daedra to fight for you.

Ps. If someone here has all the masks, or knows what will happen, goddamnit please do put that in spoiler tag because I do not want to know what will happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scanner View Post
I thought the x15 sneak damage boost for daggers was OP'd but considering our range as an archer including the high amounts of damage from our bows, we do just as much with our x6 sneak damage boost. I would even say that we do more damage especially if it's the x6 + critical hit. I know for a fact that I take down bosses (which you can't "sneak attack" forever) a lot faster than my brother. My brother is OP'd though. He found a jewelry piece (or armor piece I forget) that DOUBLES the sneak attack damage so with his dagger he does x30
What 6x bow attack? It clearly says on the perk tree that on sneak you get 3x damage. It's not 3 times the 2x which is default, but 3x at total. If it was 3x2, then Sneak tree would be 15x2 and it's not. Your brother did not find the gloves that give 2x sneak bonus. You get them from Dark Brotherhood.
Old 2011-11-20, 03:46   Link #928
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

I lied . Hm, I kept thinking I saw it was 6x but it is 3x.

Found in a sense that you won't ever get them if you go though the DB? Jeez...

Old 2011-11-20, 04:40   Link #929
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

been playing an assassin on master with illusion:

- Sneak is very easy to level. Sneaking behind mobs+doing a sneak power attack with daggers gives me a rank up every 2 attacks. The last perk in sneak is very very useful.
- The DB gloves+x15 damage perk together gives x30. Using the blade of woe from end of DB quest I can kill almost anything using a single power attack.
- Calm is a pretty broken spell against targets that I can calm. As I have next to no armor, giving myself extra health wouldn't do much. I also do not need stamina because I wouldn't really be fighting in prolonged combat. So I dumped all my level ups into magicka.
- While playing this character I learned a lot about how to distract enemies using bows. The mechanical sentries in dwarven ruins become easier to deal with after I figured out that I can pop them out using an arrow.
- Because of the x30 bonus. The character does not require any tricky enchanting/blacksmithing overpowerness to work. x30 also mean minor upgrades make a major difference.
- The most annoying enemy so far has got to be ice wraiths >.<
- This assassin build is terrible in actual straight up combat. The lack of armor and weapon proficiency at higher levels pretty much makes me useless in a straight up fight. I can barely take out 1/6 of my opponent's health in 1 power attack.
- Nothing is cooler than to slit someone's throat from behind or stabbing them to death.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 07:33   Link #930
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Other than the masks and the flame thrower staffs, the only other unique weapons i found was that 'ghost sword'. It's quite weak through.

@Scanner: what is the attacks of that godly weapon you talked about, for bow or dagger. Like 100 or something? I thought legendary is the highest level already? And any recommendations on how to get the +40% smithing and enchant potions? But to say the truth, it's probably quite a pain to lvl up alchemy to make the smiting and enchanting potions. Then lvl up smithing and enchanting to make that Godly weapons.

For now i'm happy enough with my glass weapons, decent enough for 'backstabbing' or 'sneak arrows' while still make the game challenging enough

A Question:
One of the sneak perk, 'getting rid of the pressure plate' or something, what is it?

Edit:i think i found the answer, the pressure plates are those trap triggering plates on the ground when running dungeons. Basically "light foot skills" will helps you stop triggering most of dungeon traps

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2011-11-20 at 09:04.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 09:39   Link #931
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Pweh just started the Thieves Guild questline and realized that they annoyed me (also my character isn't specced AT ALL for their quests). Is the a questline for a sanctioned beheading and electrocution of the guild members?

Also... I assume the DB doesn't require a sneak oriented combat character to accomplish and my swordie mage can do it fine?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 10:18   Link #932
Dist

You just need to kill. But think about it ; Do you want to kill your target out in the open for the guards to see, or would you rather sneak in their home during the night and slit their throat open?

Well I'm sure shocking them to death works too .. maybe.. Not sure if the guards would hear that.
Old 2011-11-20, 11:00   Link #933
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Btw, for those who haven't known, if you want to lvl up your archer quickly,there is that girl live right at the edge of the mountain at south of Falkreath, who give you practice archer quest. Everytime you finish one practice, your archer is increased by 1, so you can get like 10 points for all the practices
Old 2011-11-20, 12:13   Link #934
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
For the Alteration tree, does Atronach and Magic Resistance perks act passively or only when you have Alteration skills activated? Also thanks for answering my questions before, I cookie'd.

Another question: Why would mage wear robes? If your enchanting is high enough and using a bit of enchanting potion, you can enchant for -27% reduction cost in destruction and +68% magic regeneration for any set of armor. Since it is additive and not multiplicative, you basically cast for no cost at a specific field, ie destruction.

Also, if you want to grindfest

Grindfest guide Other ways to grindfest: Restoration, using the storm in High H*****/Forge fires and constantly casting restoration. Also with Equilibrium, you can convert life to mana while healing yourself constantly.

Edit: I just realized you can hotkey spells instead of constantly spamming Q....................after so many hours of gameplay......:<<<<<

Last edited by Izayoi; 2011-11-20 at 12:23.
Izayoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 12:57   Link #935
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izayoi View Post
For the Alteration tree, does Atronach and Magic Resistance perks act passively or only when you have Alteration skills activated? Also thanks for answering my questions before, I cookie'd.

Another question: Why would mage wear robes? If your enchanting is high enough and using a bit of enchanting potion, you can enchant for -27% reduction cost in destruction and +68% magic regeneration for any set of armor. Since it is additive and not multiplicative, you basically cast for no cost at a specific field, ie destruction.

Also, if you want to grindfest

Grindfest guide Other ways to grindfest: Restoration, using the storm in High H*****/Forge fires and constantly casting restoration. Also with Equilibrium, you can convert life to mana while healing yourself constantly.

Edit: I just realized you can hotkey spells instead of constantly spamming Q....................after so many hours of gameplay......:<<<<<
I already played Morrowind and Oblivion, and the enchanting idea is still quite new for me (I already knew but forgot). So i guess robe were originally for players who enjoy pick items and fight with it
Old 2011-11-20, 13:25   Link #936
Dist

Quote:

No you can't. Magicka regenerates considerably slower during battles so even if you had 500% regeneration, it would still not regenerate fast enough, especially because it's not being regenerated while casting spells.

And why wear robes? It depends which robes. Archmage robes give -20% cost to ALL schools of magic, plus 100% magicka regeneration AND 50 magicka points. I also would wear robes even if I didn't have Archmage robes, because I want my mage to look like a mage, and not like a walking pile of metal ;<

Btw, when you asked earlier about the Archmage Quarters and if you can store stuff in them.. I'm not so sure anymore. Someone inside the College must be stealing my stuff or something D:. I had placed that very special Wooden Mask which I got from Labyrinthian inside the display case, but oh look.. I return from my travels and the mask is gone? D:. I had to use console to regain the mask as I've no idea where the eff it had disappeared off to <.<. With that said, don't place anything important on those display cases D:.

Stuff seems to also magically disappear from my home at Whiterun.. I placed the Daedric Ebony Blade on the wall mount, and it was gone couple days later <.<
Old 2011-11-20, 13:55   Link #937
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
No you can't. Magicka regenerates considerably slower during battles so even if you had 500% regeneration, it would still not regenerate fast enough, especially because it's not being regenerated while casting spells.

And why wear robes? It depends which robes. Archmage robes give -20% cost to ALL schools of magic, plus 100% magicka regeneration AND 50 magicka points. I also would wear robes even if I didn't have Archmage robes, because I want my mage to look like a mage, and not like a walking pile of metal ;<
<
What I mean is this

Youtube

The spell cost reduction is accumulative, meaning 27+27+27+27 = -108% cost reduction. Thus, all cost for that specific spell is 0%. Broken.... Also, I would enchant the other bonus on something like +health or magic resistance since magic regeneration is useless cause destruction is the only thing you need mana for. You can do it for robes too if you want to use alteration's stoneflesh/w/e, although it would never provide as much armor. I have the Arch mage robe, and from experience, this is considerably better.

Edit: Also another concept that broke the game.

1. Make increase enchanting effect potion
2. Drink potion, enchant object with increase alchemy enchantment
3. Repeat 1 and 2
4. Infinitely powerful enchantments for as long as you want to do it I guess.

The idea is that since the potion give you +enchantment and the stronger enchanted object makes +potions, you can loop it infinitely. People keep posting that they have +700 damage swords. Well even without that enchanting by itself is overpowering.

Edit2: I think there is a cap of 32% due to degrading return, but it is still nice.

Last edited by Izayoi; 2011-11-20 at 14:46.
Izayoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 15:03   Link #938
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

It's been a long time since the aged prisoner escaped death in Helgen. The old man has changed since then. After learning how to make a decent armor, he ripped the scales from a dragon and hammered them together to make something a bit more befitting his new title as Arch-mage of Winterhold. His destruction skills went from "frying your ass" to "only ash remains" and that's only if you survive getting cut to pieces by your own comrades while he watches the mayhem from the cover of his invisibility.

By the way, with enchants he now has a 100% mana cost reduction in destruction and illusion (fortify mana dual-enchanted on the head, torso, ring and necklace)

Still need to enchant the boots and gloves though. Probably going to put resist fire/frost on the boots, maybe fortify light armor on the gloves. Or carry weight.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 15:03   Link #939
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
What I mean is this

Youtube

The spell cost reduction is accumulative, meaning 27+27+27+27 = -108% cost reduction. Thus, all cost for that specific spell is 0%. Broken.... Also, I would enchant the other bonus on something like +health or magic resistance since magic regeneration is useless cause destruction is the only thing you need mana for. You can do it for robes too if you want to use alteration's stoneflesh/w/e, although it would never provide as much armor. I have the Arch mage robe, and from experience, this is considerably better.

Edit: Also another concept that broke the game.

1. Make increase enchanting effect potion
2. Drink potion, enchant object with increase alchemy enchantment
3. Repeat 1 and 2
4. Infinitely powerful enchantments for as long as you want to do it I guess.

The idea is that since the potion give you +enchantment and the stronger enchanted object makes +potions, you can loop it infinitely. People keep posting that they have +700 damage swords. Well even without that enchanting by itself is overpowering.

Edit2: I think there is a cap of 32% due to degrading return, but it is still nice.
What is the fun with weapon of 500 damage through, right? As a thief, I enjoyed sneak shot 4 arrows on a target without breaking sneak, much better than one shot every moving object. Had to calculate their moving pathway to plot out the clear eye sights for all those shots. Then with mobs too strong to kill by arrows, i has to get close for x15 dagger. Enjoy the best gaming time at this moment. Challenging, but not too incredibly difficult
Old 2011-11-20, 16:28   Link #940
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

From what I read here it seems that pretty much everyone is a lot more into the game than I am. xD

Ah well, here is my character as he is atm. Clad in full Ebony, smiting everything with one stroke of his mighty blade.

Still has a long way to go, but he'll be there eventually.

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim