AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-11, 15:06   Link #261
amasposu

Quote:
Originally Posted by recover View Post
I prefer an anime-unique route to the end, but they have iterated quite a few times that "Daikichi is not Rin's father"

The possibility that it goes the manga route is down but not out..
I feel that whether Rin considers Daikichi her father is not really important. What is important is the blood tie. Rin doesn't know anything yet in the anime.

Spoiler for Manga Spoilers:
Old 2011-09-11, 15:09   Link #262
User68604
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Isn't next week the finale? There's no way they can get into the second half unless there's another season. But I'd rather they do an original ending with Daikichi and Kouki's mom getting married, thus completely precluding the manga ending.
Usagi Drop seems to have been pretty successful in Japan (spawning not only an anime, but also a live-action series). The likelihood of a second season is high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by posutan View Post
I
Spoiler for Manga Spoilers:
Oh lawdy you said it! But I agree, we are among the few minority that actually liked the ending..
Old 2011-09-11, 15:17   Link #263
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
explain to me how it works out nicely.
Old 2011-09-11, 15:19   Link #264
amasposu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soconfused View Post
explain to me how it works out nicely.
If you read my spoiler tag, I did explain.
Old 2011-09-11, 21:56   Link #265
Soconfused
Old God Member

That...doesn't really explain, but whatever, I don't want to argue about the ending anymore, I'm over it. Lets argue about how horribly rushed the 2nd half was instead.
Old 2011-09-12, 06:07   Link #266
User68604
Disabled By Request

I'd agree that the second half was rushed. The mangaka failed to go more deeply into Kouki/Rin's relationship through adolescence. The failure of Daikichi/Nitani's relationship could've also been fleshed out with more depth. And of course, they could've also done a lot more to develop Daikichi/Rin's relationship. Dare I say, with expert writing, the mangaka could've even lessened some of the majority's animosity for the ending...
Old 2011-09-12, 10:24   Link #267
Soconfused
Old God Member

Exactly. Had there been, say, an earlier time skip, lets say 5 years or whatever, that developed all three of those relationships (Daikichi/Nitani, Rin/Kouki, Rin/Daikichi), then did the 10 year time skip, and added maybe 10 more chapters or story and dropped the whole Kouki's girlfriend arc that led to nowhere, then I might of seen myself at least accepted the ending. The fact that it was just thrown out there in the last 5 or so chapters made it hard to stomach. It needed some proper foreshadowing.
Old 2011-09-16, 19:03   Link #268
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Oh boy. Yen Press plans to go ahead and release the manga from volume 5 onwards.

Not that I don't support their decision, as I believe it's important to respect the author's original intent when importing a manga (even if that original intent is crummy). Oh well. Too bad for whoever faithfully buys the manga series up to volume 9 without being spoiled and will have to endure their entire perspective on the series being ruined.
Old 2011-09-17, 00:34   Link #269
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Usagi Drop Young Rin: What is this so adorably awesome manga????? This is a genius

Usagi Drop High School Rin: Lolwut

Well overall its a great read even though things got pretty AWKWARD near the end of its run. Not that I didn't want to see Rin all grown up but... IT WAS REALLY AWKWARD. I'm hoping there's no sequel; some anime-only fans might be shocked of the turn of events.
Old 2011-09-17, 09:29   Link #270
Kirarakim

Okay I won't say the second half ruined the first half for me...but I do try to put it out of my mind and ignore it.

Honestly there was nothing I wanted to happen (I don't care who ends up with who) except for it to be a story about a single father raising a child. Not what it became. But what are you going to do?

I am still curious about this new manga that is being written that explores the middle parts of Rin's childhood.
Old 2011-09-18, 13:05   Link #271
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Mmm I'll echo the sentiment a few others expressed that the manga ending isn't particularly terrible in and of itself it was just really poorly executed.

The anime and the first half of the manga which it was based off of was such a brilliant bit of storytelling that the rush job the manga did on the second half felt extremely weak and un-compelling in comparison...Shame really as it would have been interesting to see it done with some proper character development as defying peoples preconceived notions of where the story was headed isn't an terrible idea. Oh well.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2011-09-18, 23:32   Link #272
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Anyone have info about the Bangaihen?
Haven't seen any of it yet, is it already released?
Old 2011-09-28, 07:59   Link #273
shibakun

Extra Volume Info.

Does anyone have any information on the release of the extra volume (not bangaihen - I'm talking about the extra volume for the main story)?

Thanks!
Old 2011-09-28, 08:59   Link #274
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I just want to mention that... even if the manga ending was not like what we had. In fact, i think...
Spoiler for Manga ending spoiler:

Still I prefer to take the manga as an independent (and inferior) story from the anime....
Old 2011-09-28, 09:03   Link #275
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Spoiler for Manga ending spoiler:
Or none at all?
Old 2011-09-29, 01:29   Link #276
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I'm still working through the post-jump manga, but I can forgive a lot after seeing the "Unagi Drop" T-shirt with the eel in chapter 38...
Old 2011-09-29, 03:03   Link #277
henwy

None at all would have been far preferable to what we got. I'm not even sure why a 'romance bow' had to be tied upon the manga. It wasn't a romance manga to begin with so why would that be a necessity for a good end? Even worse is that the mangaka was racing for hell and damnation for it, seeming to not give a damn how many plot and pacing elements she/he(?) ran over to get to that point. Is it because it's josei and there's something about having 2 X chromosomes that means anything you read or watch must end in a romance?
Old 2011-09-30, 05:42   Link #278
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
Or none at all?
That's too..
Old 2011-11-06, 17:42   Link #279
kitten320

I'm an anime watcher and really liked it. I was delaying my manga read for a while but today I accidently stumbled on it and decided to check the last chapter expecting to see Rin/Kouki or Kouki's mother/Daikichi marriage or just live together, maybe with a baby but instead I saw Daikichi/Rin ending?! 0_0

I have watched a lot of weird things but somehow this kind of ending never crossed my mind for THIS series. I could care less if it was Penguin Drum or any other anime ending but Usagi Drop?! Just how did it end like this?! This series never gave me any pedophilic wibes! Well grandpa amd young lady was a bit wrong and weird but still!

I really feel sorry for Daikichi... just imagine how much bashement he will get... if they are seriouse, they really should change the place of living where no one knows their history...

Daikichi still raised her! This is wrong on so many levels!
If Daikichi had not raised her and she were just to meet him, I wouldn't mind such ending. I know a real couple who has 25 years difference and have children but here... I really regret checking manga ending now x_x

I'll never be able to watch anime the same way now...

Last edited by kitten320; 2011-11-06 at 17:54.
Old 2011-11-08, 17:12   Link #280
User68604
Disabled By Request

The anime is awesome in its own right. High production value all-around and there's been strong hinting that it will not go the manga route.
Closed Thread