AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/Zero - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 39 29.32%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 12.03%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 23 17.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 20 15.04%
6 out of 10 : Average 16 12.03%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 4.51%
4 out of 10 : Poor 7 5.26%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 2.26%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.26%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-12-09, 09:43   Link #181
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Play FSN, you'll see Rin stating clearly he never did any of that to her.

And I keep saying that such displays of affection are not really necessary for being a good parent. Heck, I can personally relate to this: I can count the times my mother did that to me during my childhood with the finger in my hands and toes. Does that mean I consider her a bad parent? No, it just means she's not particularly affectionate. Every person is its own world. (although recently she's started to crave for emotional affection now that we are all grown up. Suffice to say that it scares the hell out of me every time she wants a hug. )

Nobody said otherwise. However, it's not like humans only have one facet or priority in their lives.
Correct, but you could probably relate to it because you eventually got something good out of it. Even if said parent was harsh, you eventually gained something from that harshness(discipline, moral fabric, a better understanding later in life about why they acted like that), which Rin did get. Sakura just didn't. Not a thing.

The message you're supposed to get here is that Kariya and Tokiomi are both missing something important, and end up being swayed to an extreme by their own beliefs (I would give Kariya more leeway given that magic familiars are eating their way into his brain stem, but there you go).

Kariya couldn't get over the fact he felt guilty for being happy for Aoi when she married Tokiomi, and doesn't see past the fact that despite that, she still loved the guy (and ironically, blamed Kariya for running away, which caused the Matous need for an heir(see the convo she had with him when she told him about Sakura), so Aoi missed something as well). Tokiomi missed the fact that much of what he did was not entirely necessary, and he followed the creed of the magus to it's fullest, but he believed he was doing the right thing, and basically drowned in his pride and hubris.

For both, even if you could relate to them, you can't really deny that there is some fatal flaw that caused disastrous consequences for them both. Whether one thinks one is doing the right thing, or their intentions to that end don't really matter. If one was to put out the cold, hard truth, then both caused irreparable damage to their loved ones, mistake or not.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2011-12-09 at 13:05. Reason: 1 single problematic line removed
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 14:22   Link #182
ReddyRedWolf

I think episode 9 and 10 are somewhat simultaneous events.

I do have to wonder. If Rider hadn't discouraged Waver or Waver ignoring his advise in getting a clue to Caster's whereabouts would they have met Rin?

I do wonder about the dynamic between the three.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 17:53   Link #183
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
Correct, but you could probably relate to it because you eventually got something good out of it. Even if said parent was harsh, you eventually gained something from that harshness(discipline, moral fabric, a better understanding later in life about why they acted like that), which Rin did get. Sakura just didn't. Not a thing.

The message you're supposed to get here is that Kariya and Tokiomi are both missing something important, and end up being swayed to an extreme by their own beliefs (I would give Kariya more leeway given that magic familiars are eating their way into his brain stem, but there you go).

Kariya couldn't get over the fact he felt guilty for being happy for Aoi when she married Tokiomi, and doesn't see past the fact that despite that, she still loved the guy (and ironically, blamed Kariya for running away, which caused the Matous need for an heir(see the convo she had with him when she told him about Sakura), so Aoi missed something as well). Tokiomi missed the fact that much of what he did was not entirely necessary, and he followed the creed of the magus to it's fullest, but he believed he was doing the right thing, and basically drowned in his pride and hubris.

For both, even if you could relate to them, you can't really deny that there is some fatal flaw that caused disastrous consequences for them both. Whether one thinks one is doing the right thing, or their intentions to that end don't really matter. If one was to put out the cold, hard truth, then both caused irreparable damage to their loved ones, mistake or not.
Exactly. They are both flawed people.

Rin also got something from Kariya: He saved her life. It wasn't her father who risked his ass to save her from Caster's monster, was it?

Let's not even bring Aoi. She's not a victim (Rin and Sakura are the victims), IMO. She's a full adult with full responsibility. Ignorance is not an excuse, nor is her willful stupidity and doormat nature. She's flawed and a terrible mother herself, IMO. She never stands up for herself or speaks up for her daughters and there is no one to blame but her own passiveness (yes, it's a serious flaw). It's a recipe for disaster when mixed with Tokiomi and Kariya. She reminds me to Youko Nakajima (Twelve Kingdoms) before she stopped being a halfass person and became a badass with a steel spine who recognized her mistakes. Like Kariya and Tokiomi, she jumps at the wrong assumptions.

From the three, I just sympathize more with Kariya even if he's an idiot, but at least he has a strong excuse from it (being eaten inside out not very pleasant sanity boost). And because he's not really the father of the girls. Tokiomi, on the other hand, he thought himself so smart and clever and he's a bigger idiot for this. While Aoi is just... Aoi. At least she doesn't pretend to be a hero or a schemer. The three aren't perfect, but out of the three, it seems being an idiot wasn't Kariya's modus operandi until he was wormed. I can't say the same for Aoi or Tokiomi. I wonder how they'll psychologically fare if they were wormed.

At least they have a thing in common? I can't say anything further due to spoilers...

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"

Last edited by Thess; 2011-12-09 at 18:05.
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 18:31   Link #184
blue_sora

So, again, there already pre-release preview screenshots of episode 11:

Spoiler for Episode 11: I forgot the title. Something about kings?:
blue_sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 18:33   Link #185
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
^ Ah, Weber-kun, looking again like protagonist of a rape hentai
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 18:36   Link #186
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
^ Ah, Weber-kun, looking again like protagonist of a rape hentai
Pixiv was right!

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2011-12-09, 18:50   Link #187
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Pixiv was right!
^ pixiv is always right
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 18:51   Link #188
giorno

screencaps seals it.

minus 1 day 'till AWESOMENESS ensues
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 19:14   Link #189
Kokukirin
Shadow of Effilisi

I expect a score no less than 11 out of 10 from the coming episode. (12 if the title changes to "Mad Feast of the Kings")
Kokukirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 19:34   Link #190
ElricKeyblade

I personally can't wait to see some GilxSaber (albeit creepy?) interaction next episode. :P
Old 2011-12-13, 21:44   Link #191
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

10th War: Rin's Adventure

This episode deserves the highest score from my part, because I do not consider Rins' exploits an alternate standalone to the story but rather stresses what has become a gamble at stake not just for Tokiomi but what's in store for both Rin's Mother and Kariya as the war continues to rage.

Important observations are made on Tokiomi, and as unbelievable as he seems to appear in the frontlines of the war, this episode managed to remind the average viewer that Tokiomi's, indeed, can be a caring and encouraging father, and not just a Mage who takes too much pride on raising his next successor so as to keep the dignity of the Tohsaka lineage for the next generations to come.

Rin proves herself that she doesn't want to give up without trying first, and although most of her actions in this episode can be labeled as dangerously reckless (tailing Ryuunosuke even while the mana compass alerted her to the danger signs ahead), she keeps herself to go on for the sake of a friend whom she feared and presumed got kidnapped.
While Ryuunosuke's reaction towards having his magically-enhanced bracelet was pretty slim uneventful and him not getting a reaction minding at all, little Rin became pretty badass summoning her mana with nothing else on her mind but to shatter the bracelet, unknowingly breaking-up the spell and running away with Kotone and the rest of the kidnapped children.

Moving on, we have Kariya appearing before a frightened Rin after believing the ordeal with the child kidnapper was over but almost getting herself in a "death flag" situation by some leftovers, likely, from Casters' excursions into the night of Fuyuki City. However, Kariya proved himself being a hero of justice albeit a tragic one, because judging by how the Matou household magic atrophies the user's bodily condition, Kariya won't last enough to deliver Sakura back to the Tohsaka's.
He can only will himself to survive long enough to win the Holy Grail and get Sakura out of the Matous' hands.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-14, 02:48   Link #192
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
I grant Kariya a higher leeway because he's not their legal guardian, unlike their parents. Tokiomi AND Aoi (she's not smelling like roses by being a self-centered spineless person) have a higher responsibility.

Old 2011-12-18, 02:41   Link #193
Pacify

Dont care if it was pointless, it had more Loli-Rin, thats more then enough for me :P
Pacify is offline   Reply With Quote