AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2012-05-03, 09:02   Link #601
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Here's my light novel recommandations, but you might read yourself :
Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria (it's fully translated)
Golden Time (not fully translated but the story sounds good)
Gekkou (fully translated)
those first two look pretty good but I still think he prefers manga over novels
Old 2012-05-03, 09:06   Link #602
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolido17 View Post
those first two look pretty good
These titles should be recommanded to Classified Info. The third one features a cynical boy that Classified might identify with because their personalities are rather similar.
Anyways, when there nothing left, Classified might rewatch Clannad, and if he finishes After Story (24 episodes), I wish it might become one of his top 5 romances and that would a great day to me.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList

Last edited by MisaoFan; 2012-05-03 at 11:51.
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 22:44   Link #603
maxblaze

since i read Velvet kiss i cant stop reading manga with the same genre i fallen into it maybe im just a perv
(this a good past time while taking a break into watching mainstream genre)

this is the list i read so far.
maybe you guys should try it. its actually good.
Nozoki Ana - thanks to tolido for recommending this one. i really like it.
Nozomi to Kimio
Sense
Glass no megami
Onani Master Kurosawa

ill going to try another recommendations.
maxblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 22:51   Link #604
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxblaze View Post
since i read Velvet kiss i cant stop reading manga with the same genre i fallen into it maybe im just a perv
(this a good past time while taking a break into watching mainstream genre)

this is the list i read so far.
maybe you guys should try it. its actually good.
Nozoki Ana - thanks to tolido for recommending this one. i really like it.
Nozomi to Kimio
Sense
Glass no megami
Onani Master Kurosawa

ill going to try another recommendations.
Have you checked the other ones i've suggested.
Old 2012-05-04, 10:28   Link #605
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Got back from uni and i'm already through Velvet Kiss; i have to apologize to maxblaze, since i thought that "them having sex" was a spoiler but well... it's not like it was haha.

I've just finished chapter 17 and i'm currently enjoying it; this title got a very important trait for me: a girl with who you have a very good bond (meaning that she's got only eyes for you and with who you enjoy "any" kind of "things". It gives the feeling of "this girl is only for you" and i love that. This is the case with any title having the so common childhood friend that often turns to be the protagonist's love interest; this is also why i loved Kissxsis: Ako and Riko only had eyes for Keita, and he himself enjoys the love of his sisters. Just so you know, such thing was present in Haruhi Suzumiya aswell, since Haruhi actually had a strong bond only with Kyon... now that i notice it, the girl often isn't very social and the fact that you are the only one binding with her does it)

Anyways, while reading it, feel free to suggest anything similar to this one; i didn't think i could find something like this.

PS: Novels have a really low priority. So far, only Haruhi Suzumiya and Hidan no Aria novels interested me to the point of forcing me to read them.
Classified Info is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 10:36   Link #606
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

if you checked the list on the previous page the last one is something close to velvet kiss
Old 2012-05-04, 10:40   Link #607
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

While unrelated to Velvet Kiss's stuff, I'll wait for Classified to come watching Clannad, if only there's nothing left watching, and I'll expect him to marathon the whole series (first season and After Story), but for the moment, he currently reads manga to regain consciousness and excitement from anime.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-05-04, 10:54   Link #608
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Ok ok, i'll add clannad to the list, but at the moment i'm not much in the mood of watching animes but rather reading mangas.

Actually, i was awaiting an answer about the other 2 seasons of Nodame Cantabile; if there is going to be some real romance, i'll take on them, otherwise they'll rot in my folder. Probably i'll watch them regardless because they might make me discover some other classical piece of music that i could enjoy.
Old 2012-05-04, 11:04   Link #609
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolido17 View Post
This title had so much potential but it’s life was cut short so the ending may seem a little rushed
http://myanimelist.net/manga/26584/K..._no_Harisugawa
oretama aka my balls-you’ll get plenty of laughs with this one
http://myanimelist.net/manga.php?id=447
Kimiiro Focus -I’m reading this on Saturday
http://myanimelist.net/manga.php?id=20553
Nana to kaoru-very refreshing title
http://myanimelist.net/manga/5994/Nana_to_Kaoru
KOI WO SURU NO GA SHIGOTO DESU- I know you will like this one
http://myanimelist.net/manga.php?id=13883

My taste for manga never fails me. So all the stuff I suggested before have not been bad titles they were actually good. you should make another list for manga only so that way people could suggest more titles.
I forgot to put these two
http://myanimelist.net/manga/12756/Bousou_Shojo
http://myanimelist.net/manga.php?id=15343
koi wu suru is the closest to velvet kiss
Old 2012-05-04, 11:06   Link #610
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

I'll add Rebirth : The Lunatic Taker (finished) : it has lot of action, a good amount of romance and has dark themes depicted in a cynical way.
Considered you liked Kimi no Iru Machi, I'll also add G.E : Good Ending. Because you have watched The World God Only Knows, read Countrouble.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-05-04, 12:40   Link #611
Redoaxe
ツンデレ。。。?

I second Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria
Old 2012-05-04, 17:28   Link #612
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

I just finished reading Velvet Kiss and i loved it; i mean, don't get me wrong, it's not like it had any kind of deep plot, but the amount of ecchiness(it was just 1% behind the line of hentai) did the job. I think i loved it because the girl reminded me of Aria (from Hidan no Aria, a novel i've read and liked very much) and the "romance" was satisfying. Awesome design i've gotta say really, but i wouldn't go further than that. I loved this title like i loved Kissxsis: they both have no deep plot, but they contain a monstrous amount of borderline hentai that makes up for it.

Now now, i bothered to click on the links Misaofan gave me, and now i fell into indecision: those titles are just too much appealing...
Gekkou: it probably got the most fitting protagonist for me; i'm aswell bored all day, waiting for something interesting happening, while exerting my cynical ego around haha.
Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria: holy shit, that is the same art design of Haruhi Suzumiya no Yutsuu... just looking at those pics, it brought me back memories of when i was reading Haruhi novel, and how much i was interested and delighted.

On the other side, i have a good list of mangas i'm willing to read:
Kagami no Kuni no Harisugawa
Oretama
Nana to Kaoru
Koi wo Suru no ga Shigoto desu
Yuria 100 Shiki

I'll tell you from the start that i will read em all, with no exception, but i feel like reading one of those novels right now; they are just too much appealing. I don't know which title i should take, probably i'll go with Gekkou that is shorter, and then immerse myself in the world of Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria. In between i might get to read Oretama to chill out, since it seems to be a very funny title.

Sorry for not checking those titles before, i just went ahead with the thought "Cba to read things without images" and didn't even bother to check those links, but after having done i was captured.

Thank you for your suggestions, they are all very appreciated.

EDIT
Forgot to mention that i updated the main post; for the ones always posting in here, there won't be any relevant changes (I just added what i've read)
Old 2012-05-04, 18:21   Link #613
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

I came across a manga the was suprisigly good for the first few chapters

SORE GA KANOJO NO SEIGI NARA
http://myanimelist.net/manga/21328/S..._no_Seigi_nara

there are a few manga missing from your manga to read list like kiimiro focus and mama wa doukyuusei, bousou shojo any concerns?
Old 2012-05-05, 05:40   Link #614
maxblaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified Info View Post
Got back from uni and i'm already through Velvet Kiss; i have to apologize to maxblaze, since i thought that "them having sex" was a spoiler but well... it's not like it was haha.

Anyways, while reading it, feel free to suggest anything similar to this one; i didn't think i could find something like this.

Well like i post earlier when you read the manga you will realize that having them sex is not a spoiler.

And I totally agree to you. That you cant find another similar to this one .

I read and keep reading similar genre (some from tolido's reccomendations other i just search it ) and i did enjoy those manga but so far i cant really find something that was similar to velvet kiss.

btw i recommend this manga Onani Master Kurosawa when i read the sypnosis ( i thought it just one of those generic perverted manga around) the art was not that great like velvet kiss otherwise The art is sketched, fitting in perfectly with the mood of the manga. Themain protagonist, Kurosawa, is a guy who cares nothing for interaction with others. He has no friends and has never fallen in love. He converses the minimal amount to simply maintain relations. we can simply put it that he thinks like kyon.
Once the plot picks up, you will find yourself always wanting to know what will happen next. The contents are never predictable, and every bit of it is believable. It controls your emotions like a puppet on strings. as the story moves on. it become more and more interesting it gives me a mix of emotion makes me laugh, angry, and sympathized. had an Epic TWIST .

As when you reach the real bulk of the story you will realize just what it has to offer.It is sweet
Spoiler for :
and inspiring.

Spoiler for the TWIST:

http://myanimelist.net/manga/8967/Onani_Master_Kurosawa -> don't forget to scroll down and read the reviews on the link if you want to find out what other people think about this one.

wooooooo I really love trimestral BREAK

Last edited by maxblaze; 2012-05-05 at 07:41.
maxblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 06:38   Link #615
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

I already suggested onani master long time ago and he already has it on his list of read manga
Old 2012-05-05, 11:39   Link #616
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

^

Anyways, i just finished reading Gekkou:
Spoiler for opinions - many spoilers:

I'll now start getting my hands on something light, like Yuria 100 Shiki or Oretama

EDIT
Forgot to answer Tolido's questions: i skipped those titles on purpose because i didn't feel like i was much appealed by them (The one where the father marries the boy's schoolmate doesn't appeal me much; i'm the kind of man whose woman has to be mine and only mine. If she ever betrayed me, or loved someone else previously, i don't think i could take it easily; probably i wouldn't take it at all and become revengeful in the first case, cold in the second one)
Old 2012-05-05, 12:13   Link #617
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified Info View Post
^

Anyways, i just finished reading Gekkou:
Spoiler for opinions - many spoilers:

I'll now start getting my hands on something light, like Yuria 100 Shiki or Oretama

EDIT
Forgot to answer Tolido's questions: i skipped those titles on purpose because i didn't feel like i was much appealed by them (The one where the father marries the boy's schoolmate doesn't appeal me much; i'm the kind of man whose woman has to be mine and only mine. If she ever betrayed me, or loved someone else previously, i don't think i could take it easily; probably i wouldn't take it at all and become revengeful in the first case, cold in the second one)
surprise surprise the description on the the link was very misleading I actually thought the love interest was going to be with those two but the girl is only there to cause misundertanding and confusion which I think is great because it adds more to the story between the real love interest.you should still pick it up it's good and don't forget to check out

SORE GA KANOJO NO SEIGI NARA
Old 2012-05-05, 21:29   Link #618
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Finished Oretama and i loved it; it just became my favorite, even more than Velvet Kiss. For long i've seeked something that wasn't 100% hentai but had some little plot behind, even if light and funny, but i was never able to find anything like that: i either got a funny story where the guy never gets to do anything with the girl(not even kiss), or plotless hentais filled with blowjobs and what not. The closest thing was Kissxsis, because it had some little light and funny story and lots of sex content, yet not being an hentai. Oretama just had everything: a funny and light plot with a sexy romance in it and an abnormal amount of sex content(that went beyond just showing tits, but actually involved preliminaries and sex). I was also happy that the guy was honest and actually longed for sex (like any other fucking boy, holy shit), and not some super pure guy who doesn't want to have anything to do with the other sex. The main heroine was just too cute, and she was also the female character i desired: a girl who only is for you, who doesn't want anyone else, who is jealous of you and that even plays some sexy games with you (when she controlled the protagonist to get touched & stuff). I've found a title that even surpasses Kissxsis on my list, thank you for suggesting it; if you find anything similar to this, don't hold back.

As far as the other titles are concerned, Sore ga kanojo no seigi nara was already on the list to read(got a .txt file with titles in it), but i hadn't updated my first post(will do so)

I'll also make sure to check out mama wa doukyuusei since it's that way.

Kimiiro Focus doesn't look really that interesting; i get that it surely contains lots of ecchi, but beside that i tend to look at it more like "pervert taking photos of hottie" but in a legal way. Let me know if it is interesting and provoking or if it just gets boring.

Bousou Shojo might instead just get irritating; i mean, lately i've been reading titles like Velvet Kiss and Oretama that were the most satisfying things i've ever came across, and if i were presented with a title where the boy is getting a monstrous hard time to get to his beloved one, and only manage to get a kiss after 100 chapters, then it's gonna be a bit frustrating. If it isn't like that, then just say "It's not like that": do not add anything else, do not say anything that could make me deduce something.

EDIT
Yesterday i started Yuria 100 Shiki, and i've to say that i'm loving it, haha; i just finished chapter 30 and i was dying of laughter, really, even tears came out (the fishing with dick) haha. It was a long time i was looking for titles like this and Oretama: titles that had some plot, were funny, weren't short(hentais are indeed very short) and had a good amount of sex content, that went beyond kissing or holding hands and actually had some petting or H scenes. Feel free to suggest more of this genre.

PS: This title is probably going to be my favorite: it has the things that Oretama had, but it's way funnier, in my opinion. Oretama was more about sex and exciting, so there wasn't much space left to laugh, but here the amount of misunderstandings, people getting arrested(lolmao @ doctor), embarrassing situations and so on just makes laughing unavoidable. Success

Last edited by Classified Info; 2012-05-06 at 11:55.
Old 2012-05-06, 18:27   Link #619
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

haha i knew you would like yuria 100 shiki my favorite part is when that guy put his dick in the noodle cup then his mom entered the room lol.seriously these types of manga are very rare bosou shojo has the same type of stuff but its kind of repetitive but still funny. I don't if you checked to love ru darkness but it's waaay better than the original manga.

Seems like my suggestions have been successful but it’s mainly because you and I share similar tastes with slight differences. sometimes in order to find a good manga you have to look beyond what the description the source provides because it can either be misleading or very boring. that’s why I want you to give those other titles that I suggested like GTO,BTOOM(there is no virtual reality bs),etrnal Sabbath, wolf guy:wolfen crest a shot. sure these titles may not fit very one of your requirements but neither did aku no hana but you still liked it. While you are busy with those and the other manga I will try to find more special titles like onani and oretama then share it with you in the future.

P.S looks like you forgot to add DMW on your manga list. I’ll tell you what I think about Kimiiro Focus On friday since I didn’t have time to read it yesterday
Old 2012-05-06, 19:02   Link #620
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Haha ye, i got there, laughed my ass off; to be honest, i chuckle everytime his mother enters his room because there is always something seriously hilarious going on, haha. This is the kind of humor i like, because you have to land on topics usually considered taboo(sex, death, ...) to make me laugh, since i look at everything else as boring.

Btw, i'll add those mangas to the list, since it might just be as you say: i'll check them out. Oh, and i have uni tomorrow, and i'll be back on friday as always. Thanks again for the suggestions, i still have 53 more chapters of Yuria 100 Shiki, and i'm really happy that even the next week i'll be entertained by this title. I wish it never ended.

I didn't ever check To love Ru manga at all; just sticked to the anime. The only mangas i read are the ones listed in my first post, and the only novels i bothered to check were the one of Haruhi Suzumiya and Hidan no Aria (oh, and Gekkou). Oh well, going bed, see you next week, and thanks again for the suggestions, they are being a total success.