AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2018-06-21, 16:58   Link #6421
KPSJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
F*** Kirie and Eva, Karin's Route all the way bros!
This is why you're one of my favorite posters on here we have the same taste in best girls Wuhugm.
KPSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-22, 01:59   Link #6422
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Karin needs more arc and focus, yes.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-22, 07:32   Link #6423
NapoleonDeCheese

Karin is a good character with great potential but she and Touta just aren't made for each other. They make for good siblings in arms however.
NapoleonDeCheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-22, 07:34   Link #6424
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
This is how Karin arc will go:

Karin: I am Karin who had live thousands year lo-*got one shot and then got buried by arc villian*

Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-22, 10:37   Link #6425
NapoleonDeCheese

You forgot the part where she's stripped naked first.
Old 2018-06-22, 15:41   Link #6426
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
Yes, absolutely. Karin needs way more focus, including exploring more of her background. A good arc with her and Touta-chan would be cool in my opinion.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-23, 08:38   Link #6427
Shippuu
┐(-。ー')┌

I want a Karin arc less for her character and more for an opportunity for world-building.
Is her God actually the God or just another Mage with Divine-tier magic? Christianity seems to be the only major religion to have any notable presence in the setting.

The part of me that keeps thinking too highly of Ken can't help but wonder if it was a whim or if there is a deeper reason behind it, as it probably has the strongest ties to Ialdabaoth's Gnosticism out of all the big religions.
And Karin is also using Light with purifying properties. Something else entirely or another branch of Light Magic similar to the White of Mars?
Shippuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-25, 12:17   Link #6428
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroNerdBoy View Post
Yes, absolutely. Karin needs way more focus, including exploring more of her background. A good arc with her and Touta-chan would be cool in my opinion.
I just watch the latest OVA with Karin being naked from beginning to the end, no, it is not going to happen, she is just fan service, her interesting background will fall to the wayside like all the Ken's ambitious setup, under utilized. (remember we have two or three more UQH not even introduced, yet)

==========
first a new quality UQ goods, (there are so few this deserve an update)
1/6 Kirie figuring
http://amiami.jp/top/detail/detail?scode=FIGURE-040166

not my cup of tea, I would rather go for a duo sex Kuromaru, but that is for another time….

==========
now another update on that live stage play, we have the first dress photo, and it is Negi, for the sake of the forum decor, I won’t post the photo. (ARRRRRRRR!)

https://spice.eplus.jp/articles/194308

the interesting parts are the released actress names for the students, they are, in order.

Chamo/Ami Saitō (how would they pull this off?)
Asuna/松岡⾥英 (……)
Konoka/Ai Wanabi (ok)
Nodoka/歌⽥初夏AKB48 (good)
Eva/Kitagawa Yosino SkE48 (if she is short enough)
Chachamaru/⻄潟茉莉奈 NGT48 (if she is tall enough)
Ayaka/Koujina Yui HKT48 (if she is arrogant enough)
Yuna/Miyu Takatsuki YOANI1C (not athletic enough?)
Kazumi/⾨⽥奈菜 (too pretty?)
Yue/Sakaki Miyu STU48 (Nooooo!)
Ako/Akari Kawakami (too sexy?)
Akira/⼩野沢 蛍 (very good)
Misa/Keito Mori (urg…)
Madoka/Yuki Mamura (…)
Kufei/⾕川愛梨 NMB48 (too much baby fat?)
Haruna/⽵内夢 (too pretty)
Maki/Miumi Naka 4dollars50cents (not genki enough?)
Sakurako/Miyu Toyoshima (seriously the cheerleaders had the less face value)
Kaede/⽊原実優 (this could work)
Chisame/⼤胡愛恵 (another too pretty?)

notice each 48 groups has one represented, talents are definitely there, but the casting…
Old 2018-06-25, 13:46   Link #6429
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hata View Post
I just watch the latest OVA with Karin being naked from beginning to the end, no, it is not going to happen, she is just fan service, her interesting background will fall to the wayside like all the Ken's ambitious setup, under utilized. (remember we have two or three more UQH not even introduced, yet)
Haha! Thanks for depressing me for a cold dose of reality.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

Old 2018-06-26, 08:38   Link #6430
NapoleonDeCheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hata View Post
Chamo/Ami Saitō (how would they pull this off?)
My best guess is she's just the voice for a Chamo prop on the stage.

Quote:
Kazumi/⾨⽥奈菜 (too pretty?)
I don't get it. Asakura is supposed to be gorgeous, how would the actress being 'too pretty' be an issue?

Quote:
Yue/Sakaki Miyu STU48 (Nooooo!)
Even with the best of budgets, Yue would always be one of the hardest characters to cast.

Quote:
Kufei/⾕川愛梨 NMB48 (too much baby fat?)
Unless she's a 48 years old sailor man in Ku Fei cosplay, she can't look worse than Live Action TV Ku Fei... right?

Quote:
Haruna/⽵内夢 (too pretty)
See Asakura. Haruna is the hawtness.

Quote:
Chisame/⼤胡愛恵 (another too pretty?)
Once again, part of the gag with Chisame is she's actually gorgeous in a nerdish way even without the Chiu fanciness, she just is too stubborn to recognize it.
Old 2018-07-02, 17:35   Link #6431
Hata
時の異邦人

in this month’s BSM, UQH is on the cover, and the magazine’s bundle bonus is 2 separate swimsuit edition cover jackets for UQH compilation #17, one UQH one Negima version, so if you are buying the compilation and you might want to change the cover jackets, then go check it out.

https://twitter.com/BETSUMAGAnews/st...09306837921793
Old 2018-07-04, 07:24   Link #6432
NapoleonDeCheese

It's funny how Akamatsu became an 'All Collector's Edition' creator.

The UQ anime was only, AFAIK, available in a deluxe set (which I still think helped to make the sales as laughable as they were). And every other release he does nowadays seems aimed to be a 'limited edition' kind of deal, or at least to mostly highlight the LE. It's as if he's just given up on trying to broaden the audience as much as possible and instead keeps it shrinking to a relatively small amount of people who still care about Negima, and who are fanatical enough as to pay out of the nose for extras that mostly basically amount to 'here, have ANOTHER illustration of Evangeline' at the end of the day.
Old 2018-07-04, 18:56   Link #6433
4th Dimension

Quote:
Originally Posted by NapoleonDeCheese View Post
It's as if he's just given up on trying to broaden the audience as much as possible...
Hardly suprising when I think UQ was supposed to be kinda it's own shonen thing, there to draw in the old crowd that want more Ken shonen and others... buuuut then that didn't work out that well because it didn't grab the audiences and in a desperate attempt to bring in readers he turned it into Negima """"2"""", and even that isn't doing that great.

PLUS, as we all know, Negima is CURSED when it comes to adaptations...

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-09, 03:37   Link #6434
Shippuu
┐(-。ー')┌

Curious how Ialda looks different every time they fight her. Though this time there's more serpentine visuals, which is how the Demiurge is usually described. The Ouroboros is also Cosmo Entelecheia's logo.
I'm rather disappointed that the second battle was skipped, and strangely, Ken seems to have also skipped the incident where they pursued Ialda on Mars with (a partially demonized for some reason) Negi and Albireo.
Then again it doesn't really seem to fit into the story anymore so I wonder if Ken just reconned it.

Ialda's network is also quite interesting. I wonder of each planet has its own spirit world like Mars and presumably Venus. I've been wondering for a long time why Venus' demon world is apparently not collapsing. Especially if it was made by Ialda too.

Fate is being Fate again. I suppose he was made that way and can't help it.

I'm still confused about how the White of Mars and Black of Venus are tied to Ialda. It's not like she is the origin of these powers.
You may have to be related to Ialda to use it properly, but Magia Erebea can be created and learned from scratch as demonstrated by Evangeline, Negi and even Rakan (to a point).

And as though Asuna wasn't devalued enough already with magical clone powers, now you can just recreate Magic Cancel with science.
Shippuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-09, 11:51   Link #6435
SilverGlavenus

Fate actually made a point in this chapter. Had it been someone else other than Negi, I doubt Eva would have the same reaction. We also get to see two cool dudes from UQ, one of them is probably second to only Yukihime in the UQ hierachy, based on Jinbei's introduction back then.

Another thing that pisses me off is the fact that Cutlass receives so much attention and compassion from Touta. Just because the consequences of her action have been reversed does not mean she is without guilt. He should focus on why he was created instead.

Honestly I don't know the meaning behind the look Eva gave Touta. Was it for explaining why Eva can't be with Touta and instead fell in love with Negi ? Or was it for saying that the fate of an immortal is cruel ? Or is there something else .?
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-09, 13:19   Link #6436
mark1246

so two thing

1. I know everyone want to believe that Eva X negi had sex, but unless i see confirmation they did im not gonna believe it. It just were used to Eva sleeping topless like that so it nothing new and if they did, i think the author would of show it.

2. You want to know what even sucks more, if they save negi and friends, are they back to there original age they were saved or there age is forward cause it been 40+ years. cause man it nothing but sadness in the UQ timeline for Negi friends.
Old 2018-07-09, 21:05   Link #6437
silenceblade

The reason why they made a clone of Negi and Asuna (instead of just Asuna) is because they are both blood related to the mage of the beginning? It can be said that even among the "family" Asuna was the only one with the full power of magic cancel. Negi's blood was added to fixed the clones incomplete magic cancel?
silenceblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-10, 02:37   Link #6438
Ultragunner

Hm...even with the new chapter, we still don't know how exactly Touta ended up outside of the lab

Cutlass was most likely sent to various Battlefield and then she defected.
But what about Touta? Did some researchers break him out and they got chased by Fate before Eva came to their rescue?
Old 2018-07-10, 09:24   Link #6439
4th Dimension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
Hm...even with the new chapter, we still don't know how exactly Touta ended up outside of the lab

But what about Touta? Did some researchers break him out and they got chased by Fate before Eva came to their rescue?
I felt like it was implied that he was busted out at her prompting. Possibly to derail Fate's project?

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-11, 02:11   Link #6440
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post

If you look at Touta's mom, she looks pretty sad. Although it isn't her image in chapter one, it wouldn't surprise me if she were the one who busted Touta out and arranged his escape. Heck, she may have even played a roll in Eva conveniently coming upon the scene of the slaughter to save Touta.

Tags
action, comedy, harem, mother-con, negima, sequel, time travel, waiting for love