AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2014-09-21, 17:16   Link #1121
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakahou View Post
Haha I read them both, but I don't plan on doing anything else until I finish Shieldbro. I want to actually be consistent in whatever I do; not just picking up random series, doing a chapter and then dropping it.
That's an impressively daunting task. It's got about a few hundred chapters...good to see your enjoying it enough to share with us, rough draft it may be. We salute ye'

Hm, how is your work progress? You read the current chapter and then translate & share them? So what chapter you share is basically where you yourself are currently/just reading on?
El Rue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 17:20   Link #1122
Bakahou

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rue View Post
That's an impressively daunting task. It's got about a few hundred chapters...good to see your enjoying it enough to share with us, rough draft it may be. We salute ye'

Hm, how is your work progress? You read the current chapter and then translate & share them? So what chapter you share is basically where you yourself are currently/just reading on?
Yeah I read as I translate, and do one final proofreading/actual reading before I upload.
I have a feeling that if I read ahead without translating I'll lose interest.
Bakahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 17:32   Link #1123
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

Quote:
Yeah I read as I translate, and do one final proofreading/actual reading before I upload.
I have a feeling that if I read ahead without translating I'll lose interest.
Ah, thank you. I can understand how you feel...we appreciate it.

You heard that folks (especially those who are already so far ahead/or finished)...do try to actually hide spoilers now rather than what some usually do, please? We don't want to ruin the fun for Bakahou and the incoming newbie's who's bound to find their way here.

Ah, reminds me of instances when one asks a spoilerfic question/s, gets a Hidden answer but his/her next comment/reaction to that answer basically spoils what was hidden by the one polite enough to hide it anyway.
El Rue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 17:36   Link #1124
Bakahou

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rue View Post
Ah, thank you. I can understand how you feel...we appreciate it.

You heard that folks (especially those who are already so far ahead/or finished)...do try to actually hide spoilers now rather than what some usually do, please? We don't want to ruin the fun for Bakahou and the incoming newbie's who's bound to find their way here.

Ah, reminds me of instances when one asks a spoilerfic question/s, gets a Hidden answer but his/her next comment/reaction to that answer basically spoils what was hidden by the one polite enough to hide it anyway.
Actually I already read all the spoilers so it's too late for me. But I do like the details and jokes this series has so I'm continuing regardless.
Old 2014-09-21, 17:37   Link #1125
ngng
Ibekusa Makina daisuki!

Quote:
Okay last one for today.
Chapter 61~
http://pastebin.com/JQ6NKR7n
Look like someone did not get enough beatings previously. Probably wants to be stepped on some more.

The spoiler is probably what drove me to read more. I want to know the details from reading those summary.

About the name of Kimono Chick, should we leave her name in Japanese or translate it into English?
ngng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 18:03   Link #1126
Razorfloss

and the bitch strikes again oh well. Firo will hopefully send the bitch flying with a few well placed kicks
Razorfloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 18:34   Link #1127
jaydreadzz
Love Miku x Rin <3

Hope Firo also kicks that bitch
Old 2014-09-21, 20:49   Link #1128
spiderbait

Bakahou is ruining me. How can I be satisfied with normal translation speeds when I've experienced the Bakahou standard?

I swear, Bakahou is a time traveler. Just wait. When he reaches how far the author has gotten, he (she? Someone'll correct me) will mess up and accidentally release a chapter the author hasn't finished!!!
spiderbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 21:31   Link #1129
DemiDomo
Rest in peace Monty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderbait View Post
Bakahou is ruining me. How can I be satisfied with normal translation speeds when I've experienced the Bakahou standard?

I swear, Bakahou is a time traveler. Just wait. When he reaches how far the author has gotten, he (she? Someone'll correct me) will mess up and accidentally release a chapter the author hasn't finished!!!

How many needles did u have man?
DemiDomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 21:53   Link #1130
ngng
Ibekusa Makina daisuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiDomo View Post
How many needles did u have man?
Probably 61 of them in less than 1 hour unless he already took the other doses several weeks ago.
Old 2014-09-21, 22:48   Link #1131
Enternal

Quote:
I'm actually more interested in [Web Novel 100] Chapter 100 - 温泉 Hot Spring......
I know, don't judge.
Hahahahahah! Is that what you're actually interested in?! Hahahahahaha...

And... I'm curious. HOT SPRINGS ARE DELI... AWESOME.

Anyways, time to go print out a picture of bitch... and then burn it. I AM EVIL Guhehehehe...
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 23:23   Link #1132
qinlongfei

I admit I originally registered in the forum because I wanted to rebuke that one dude back a few pages who didn't like Naofumi (from his comment I have a hunch he only read the manga and not the WN which goes into more detail about how Naofumi's personality is formed in the main story). But real life happened and I forgot to activate my account, so now that I'm finally allowed to post probably everyone forgot about that one dude.

So yeah, excuse me for jumping on the bandwagon but ALL HAIL BAKAHOU! THE BRINGER OF HOPE AND JOY!

If I know you in real life I would give you a hug.

But I'm probably one of the few people, if not the only person who's more interested in the spear hero gaiden than the main story. Don't get me wrong, the main story is awesome and I won't be interested in the spear hero gaiden at all if the main story is not awesome. But being a Chinese Canadian, I can't help but simply feel a bit fatigued about the concept of 'a dude living in a comparable life to our real life gets summoned into a fantasy world and goes on a series of misadventure' plot because I can't throw a stick without hitting ten guys who write a similar concept within Chinese Web Novel community.

Although The Rising of the Shield Hero is definitely better than 99.99% than what I read in Chinese WN community with similar concept, and the reason I like this story so much is because Naofumi's personality really resonate with me especially given the setting. To me, he walks a very thin line between someone who would be traditionally identified as being good and evil, heroic and selfishness. A lots of his goals are to benefit himself which can be seen as selfish, but at the same time he either consciously or unconsciously trying to do good things because of his own conscience and that makes him both relatable and inspiring. He's not completely heroic character you put on a pedestal like Superman, he's a regular dude who fight social injustice throw at him yet at the same time struggles to do good things to people who are good to him and I feel his character is somewhat symbolic of humanity's nature of being both good and selfish and good need to overcome our selfish nature (I'm probably over analysing Naofumi's characteristic at this point).

But like I said, while I really like Naofumi's character, I really feel fatigued about the story's concept and I feel spear hero gaiden's concept is much more interesting. Taking a more flawed, and douche-y side character from an established main story and make that guy the main character as he tries to change his own way. I'm somewhat reminded of the Superior Spiderman from Marvel comic at this sense, and unlike Superior which is just a marketing scheme to make people buy more Spiderman comics, I feel the author is much more commited at this idea since Spear Hero gaiden is running for almost 200 chapters now. And having Motoyasu goes through different loops is actually a very cleaver idea, since I think this kind of fantasy story tend to be most interesting during the beginning where the setting and character relationship is still in the construction stage compare to when story moves into a status quo. And having different loops means we can get to see how the same story play out differently during each loop without resorting to fan fiction plus it get the opportunity of expanding more of the story's world. So yeah... I'm interested in seeing where the gaiden would go and I definitely hope to see someone pick up spear hero gaiden once the main story is fully translated (I'm reading it raw and guessing what mostly happened by the Kanji since I'm Chinese).

Not sure if this should be considered as a spoiler, but from what happened in spear hero gaiden... basically, the world peace is dependent upon three heroes being douchebag, and shield hero becomes a brooding emo hunk.

Yeah, that sounds about right.
qinlongfei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 23:32   Link #1133
ngng
Ibekusa Makina daisuki!

Want to see something with similar concept like Spear Gaiden? Watch Higurashi no Naku Koro ni. Spear Gaiden is similar concept from visual novel in which you can repeatedly make different choice to change the story. You can restart the game when you make a bad choice. The more you repeat the game, the more choices you will make, the better you can undestand the story.
Old 2014-09-22, 00:24   Link #1134
Digibeast
Going digital

Hahaha and the bitch appears again... but doesn't it seem like Melty seems to be the next successor to the Queen? Is she though?

It would be great though to see a 3v1 fight and Malty dying during the fight no matter who wins.... but I guess this is only for fanfic...
Old 2014-09-22, 00:35   Link #1135
Bakahou

@ginlongfei

Oh my, a fellow canadian (b.c.) here. I read your whole wall and regarding spear gaiden all I can say is wait until I finish the main story, I don't want to give false hope to anyone or commit myself to something which I'm not sure I'll be interested in.
Old 2014-09-22, 04:35   Link #1136
CNine
The Crossroad

nextnextnextnextnextnextnext chapter spoiler
Spoiler for spoooooiiiiiileeeeeeeerrrrrr!!!!!!:
Old 2014-09-22, 04:52   Link #1137
chryrst
incurable chuunibyou

Spoiler:
chryrst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-22, 04:59   Link #1138
qinlongfei

@ngng

I appreciate the suggestion you give me for checking out another potential good story (I'll definitely go check it out), but I think you kind of missed the point why I'm interested in spear gaiden.

Yes, I think the loop repeat mechanism is a cleaver idea, but even if spear gaiden doesn't have this mechanism and it's about a story of Motoyasu repeat the whole adventure for one time I'll still be interested in reading it. I'm think spear gaiden is interesting because it's taking a previously established douche-y character and have him start over from the beginning of the story with the knowledge of he acted as a douche from the previous experience and tries to correct his mistakes.

@Bakahou
Always nice to meet another Canadian here on the internet. And I don't want to pressure you into doing something you might not be interested in doing either since... well, Motoyasu does start out as a complete douche (ironically that's why I really enjoy the concept of spear gaiden since that story is about how he's trying to not be a douche when he starts over).

And sorry about my text wall hurting anyone's eyes. I tend to over analyse things I enjoy and rambles on.
qinlongfei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-22, 05:10   Link #1139
DemiDomo
Rest in peace Monty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qinlongfei View Post
@ngng

I appreciate the suggestion you give me for checking out another potential good story (I'll definitely go check it out), but I think you kind of missed the point why I'm interested in spear gaiden.

Yes, I think the loop repeat mechanism is a cleaver idea, but even if spear gaiden doesn't have this mechanism and it's about a story of Motoyasu repeat the whole adventure for one time I'll still be interested in reading it. I'm think spear gaiden is interesting because it's taking a previously established douche-y character and have him start over from the beginning of the story with the knowledge of he acted as a douche from the previous experience and tries to correct his mistakes.

@Bakahou
Always nice to meet another Canadian here on the internet. And I don't want to pressure you into doing something you might not be interested in doing either since... well, Motoyasu does start out as a complete douche (ironically that's why I really enjoy the concept of spear gaiden since that story is about how he's trying to not be a douche when he starts over).

And sorry about my text wall hurting anyone's eyes. I tend to over analyse things I enjoy and rambles on.
No problem at all. I actually enjoyed it since you brought out a main point I missed about spear gaiden its the "what if I did this" concept which i overlooked due to my eyes glued to spoilers lol.
DemiDomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-22, 05:27   Link #1140
chryrst
incurable chuunibyou

Spoiler for spear hero gaiden:
chryrst is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alternate universe, bitch, dark hero, goddess heroine, harem, hero, hero of the kitchen, rpg, shield, webnovel