2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2018-07-09, 20:02   Link #1
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Gundam Build Divers - Episode 15 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Gundam Build Divers, Episode 15.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-10, 05:36   Link #2
Ryuuoh DeltaPlus
A Random Lurker

A challenge quest that even the top-ranking teams failed multiple times, and Build Divers clears it in one go.

I dunno, but it's getting old how they're presented as OP AF. I really wish they get defeated some way or another down the road for once.
Old 2018-07-10, 05:51   Link #3
Skye629

Meh the fact it was a debut battle took any of the suspense out of it (we all know how debut battles go, especially for lead units)

Glad to see those fish gundam/MS (from G-Gundam), always good to feature obscure units actually being used

IMO this episode would have been perfectly fine actually had they shown that the Build Divers had already done multiple failed attempts along with the other teams. Refining their strats/tactics (and maybe working alongside other forces and sharing info as a joint effort) up until this episode where they realize the key factor was the shuttle time, and that they could use their own custom one. That was good thinking outside the box there, that did not break any rules or feel forced. Doing it in one go on the first try though?.....nah, boring.

Everything else went perfectly fine. The best part was they didn't use the 00 Sky and brute forced/insta win'd with the Trans-Am Infinity, but instead chose to only use it as a speed boost for a last second catch to cinch the win. It could have so easily been "TRANSSS AMMMMMMMM INFINITTYYYYY -instantly wrecks everything-" from the get-go, so I'm glad they dodged that pitfall

Last edited by Skye629; 2018-07-10 at 06:30.
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-10, 06:30   Link #4
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

so they won because Koichi goes hardcore by building a 1/144 scale shuttle replica out of nothing but pla-plate,
also since G Gundam how do the people of Denmark react to their nation's military consisting of goofy-looking sea life themed Gundams?
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-10, 09:27   Link #5
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Heh, and some people dismissed me when I said Riku & co. outshines the champ and other veteran players one or two episodes ago. But now, this episode came and that fact stares you right into your soul . It's no use to deny it.

Okay, let's dive right into it:

The Bad:

This episode almost insults my intelligence with its storytelling. It's not that Build Divers' method to conquer Lotus is stupid, far from it. The insulting part is when other supposedly far more competent, more experienced and smarter players gets dumbed down to the abyss just to serve the purpose of showing how awesome Riku and his team is.

GBN is world-level medium. People around the world play and live this shit. Now you're telling me that among thousands of talented players in GBN, including champ and the Cunning Rommel, nobody has ever came up with Build Divers' idea after the first try or two? Not with all the intelligence and resources they suposed to have? Even Rommel failed seven freakin' times to beat this challenge yet Build Divers is able to win with just one try??! And that veteran guy has "cunning" as his nickname which supposedly highlighted his intelligence! At this point, I'm questioning the legitimacy of all the current champs and elite players. How can you all be schooled by a mildly-talented non-genius boy?? Riku & Build Divers' development is simply too fast, too sudden, not earned and doesn't feel natural at all, especially for a non-genius individuals (unlike Sei, Reiji & Sekai).

This is too much. This is just too much. They literally had a million of better ways to write 00 Sky's debut without shitting on other veteran characters who are supposedly better than Riku's team and act as their mentors. Yet they chose one of the worst routes. Not only does this degrades the characters who are supposed to be elite, but also boosts Riku & co. when it comes to their Mary Sue-level. This is Gundam ZZ all over again, but probably worse. Way to ruin my effort of trying to be optimistic in this second cour.

The Good:

The battle is pretty good, I guess. I like that this episode use Mermaid Gundam to its full potential (even though the battlefield is not underwater). And Riku applying his football skill to 00 Sky with his deflecting kick is sweet. A perfect timing for the World Cup event that has been going on.

Other than that, I don't feel anything positive from the episode.

The Weird:
It was strange to see lizardmen piloting fish and crustacean-oriented gunplas but then I was reminded that Momo the catgirl is piloting a penguin-mech .
Old 2018-07-10, 10:41   Link #6
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

there's this joke in the Gunpla community that pieces of pla-plate is considered the ultimate Gunpla, Koichi takes it literally.
Old 2018-07-10, 11:18   Link #7
Desruprot
Has Shining Fingers

pretty good episode, being a debut one the autowin was expected. Seeing Ayame being so much more personable now that she has accepted being a team member is great. Also like her being briefly distracted before the group cheer. The action was good despite the plot armor, if they had showed they had previously attempted it would of granted more credence to the attempt that they show.
Desruprot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-10, 11:20   Link #8
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Build Divers being able to clear a mission the top teams failed several times in one go is indeed just too much. We can rationalize it as them learning from the other team's failures and making full use of Koichi's top tier building abilities (time was the biggest problem with that mission after all), but still.
Old 2018-07-10, 19:57   Link #9
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

Who writes these anime scripts? Nothing is coherent when they supposedly set a bar. That bar is consistently broken by the most amateur team in their world. Like seriously, what's the target audience in Japan? Gundam has been around for a long time. There are certainly adult fans. How do the Japanese adults even put up with this crappy writing of a show? This episode and a couple of the others have essentially ruined what they initially set up in their prologue.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-11, 01:06   Link #10
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumcyclonex View Post
Who writes these anime scripts? Nothing is coherent when they supposedly set a bar. That bar is consistently broken by the most amateur team in their world. Like seriously, what's the target audience in Japan? Gundam has been around for a long time. There are certainly adult fans. How do the Japanese adults even put up with this crappy writing of a show? This episode and a couple of the others have essentially ruined what they initially set up in their prologue.
uh, Build Divers target demographic is kids, as in like the Yu-Gi-Oh! and Beybade ones, though the latest Gegege no Kitaro anime despite the kiddie demographic manages to have adult topics in its plot e.g. Japan's overworking culture and suicide, yikes.
Old 2018-07-11, 20:11   Link #11
Wandering Soul

I get that the 00 Sky needed a good showing for it's debut, but having Build Divers finish such a mission on their very first try is too much. The actual action was good though.
Old 2018-07-11, 23:05   Link #12
Skaddix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Heh, and some people dismissed me when I said Riku & co. outshines the champ and other veteran players one or two episodes ago. But now, this episode came and that fact stares you right into your soul . It's no use to deny it.

Okay, let's dive right into it:

The Bad:

This episode almost insults my intelligence with its storytelling. It's not that Build Divers' method to conquer Lotus is stupid, far from it. The insulting part is when other supposedly far more competent, more experienced and smarter players gets dumbed down to the abyss just to serve the purpose of showing how awesome Riku and his team is.

GBN is world-level medium. People around the world play and live this shit. Now you're telling me that among thousands of talented players in GBN, including champ and the Cunning Rommel, nobody has ever came up with Build Divers' idea after the first try or two? Not with all the intelligence and resources they suposed to have? Even Rommel failed seven freakin' times to beat this challenge yet Build Divers is able to win with just one try??! And that veteran guy has "cunning" as his nickname which supposedly highlighted his intelligence! At this point, I'm questioning the legitimacy of all the current champs and elite players. How can you all be schooled by a mildly-talented non-genius boy?? Riku & Build Divers' development is simply too fast, too sudden, not earned and doesn't feel natural at all, especially for a non-genius individuals (unlike Sei, Reiji & Sekai).

This is too much. This is just too much. They literally had a million of better ways to write 00 Sky's debut without shitting on other veteran characters who are supposedly better than Riku's team and act as their mentors. Yet they chose one of the worst routes. Not only does this degrades the characters who are supposed to be elite, but also boosts Riku & co. when it comes to their Mary Sue-level. This is Gundam ZZ all over again, but probably worse. Way to ruin my effort of trying to be optimistic in this second cour.

The Good:

The battle is pretty good, I guess. I like that this episode use Mermaid Gundam to its full potential (even though the battlefield is not underwater). And Riku applying his football skill to 00 Sky with his deflecting kick is sweet. A perfect timing for the World Cup event that has been going on.

Other than that, I don't feel anything positive from the episode.

The Weird:
It was strange to see lizardmen piloting fish and crustacean-oriented gunplas but then I was reminded that Momo the catgirl is piloting a penguin-mech .
Mostly this series makes me feel insulted.

1) Cause this is not how an MMORPG works there is no controls by the Admins or Mods or whatever you want to call them in this game.

2) I am not a protag elitist where I need to follow the guy who is the best or one of the best but please don't insult me by claiming this protag is a normal and them him being elite for no reason. Just give them flaws to balance the eliteness.

I take back every bad thing I said about TRY this is so much worse...

And no its kid show is no excuse for bad writing. Pixar and Miyazaki built greatness on making stuff for kids that also is strong in all areas a story should be.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-11, 23:55   Link #13
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The lack of administrative presence in GBN, I should point out, is not common in the West. Over in Japan, GBN's admin situation is the norm, with the communities being self-policed and administration only called in in the presence of catastrophic failure.

And let us not forget this is a game setting taking place in Japan.
Old 2018-07-12, 00:14   Link #14
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
Mostly this series makes me feel insulted.

1) Cause this is not how an MMORPG works there is no controls by the Admins or Mods or whatever you want to call them in this game.

2) I am not a protag elitist where I need to follow the guy who is the best or one of the best but please don't insult me by claiming this protag is a normal and them him being elite for no reason. Just give them flaws to balance the eliteness.

I take back every bad thing I said about TRY this is so much worse...

And no its kid show is no excuse for bad writing. Pixar and Miyazaki built greatness on making stuff for kids that also is strong in all areas a story should be.
No, Try is still bad, this is just somehow even worse.
Old 2018-07-12, 00:42   Link #15
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Both of you are wrong, but that's par for the course on this forum.
Old 2018-07-13, 08:19   Link #16
Chosen_Hero

Oh boy, someone woke up on the wrong side of the animesuki bed.

No matter what anyone says about this series and it's horrible flaws we at least have to agree that this series is more coherent than whatever the hell Reconquista was trying to do. Anyone that says they knew what it was about is 100% lying.
I will never forget the episode where they stop the war to just pick up and throw away garbage.
Old 2018-07-13, 08:58   Link #17
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
No matter what anyone says about this series and it's horrible flaws we at least have to agree that this series is more coherent than whatever the hell Reconquista was trying to do. Anyone that says they knew what it was about is 100% lying.
I will never forget the episode where they stop the war to just pick up and throw away garbage.
I.........don’t know about that. While GBD’s storytelling is more coherent than G-Reco, it is also somewhat duller. G-Reco really has this “so bad it’s good”-quality which at least keeps me paying attention in contrast to GBD where I found myself nodding off in some occasions due to boredom while G-Reco keeps throwing something crazy, zany and wacky that keeps my eyes glued to the screen. If both series’ final goals are to entertain an audience like me, then I’m afraid I have to say that G-Reco did a better job at it. Not to mention that the animation, visuals and artworks in G-Reco are legit great (and dare I say original in some aspects) giving it more of an edge.

I still think both are bad shows but G-Reco is definitely the more amusing one (so far). GBD reminds me of AGE when it comes to all the things that made that show bad (two of them are being mediocre and boring) which is rather hilarious when this show is so proud and gung-ho about borrowing elements from AGE. Maybe they borrowed too much to the point where AGE's dullness rubbed off on this series?