AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-04-11, 11:13   Link #1001
animeboy12

There's something I little off-putting about an anime like queen's blade taking itself seriously but I'm still having fun. But where's cattleya and melpha?
animeboy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 11:51   Link #1002
ultramojones
Pfjaklsq of Greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeboy12 View Post
There's something I little off-putting about an anime like queen's blade taking itself seriously but I'm still having fun. But where's cattleya and melpha?
I don't know, but I can't wait for Menace and Airi to show themselves too, how many episodes are there supposed to be?
ultramojones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 12:52   Link #1003
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramojones View Post
I don't know, but I can't wait for Menace and Airi to show themselves too, how many episodes are there supposed to be?
12, i am pretty sure
Astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 14:37   Link #1004
CGrascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post

Even Kanokon has more than one subbing group
Indeed. At least this story attempts to have a coherent plot to accompany the fanservice. Kanokon was just sexually suggestive jokes from beginning to end.

And of course, groups will be tripping over each other, trying to inflate their ego by having stuff like K-On worked on and released. (I've seen like five/six groups working on that.)
CGrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 16:06   Link #1005
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Kanokon was more like because it never tried to be anything more then a sex-fest. Queen's Blade is trying to have both over the top fanservice and storytelling, but is falling short on the second part so far, mainly because, well...it doesn't HAVE a story. "babes fighting to be queen" does not qualify as one. Kanokon didn't have a story either, but at least wasn't trying to have one.
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 16:30   Link #1006
animeboy12

Why do people think that just because an anime series don't have a code geass or death note quality story it doesn't have a story at all?
Old 2009-04-11, 16:54   Link #1007
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Why do people think that just because an anime series don't have a code geass or death note quality story it doesn't have a story at all?
Because when a show usually has this level of ecchi then it doesn't, though this is one of the rare cases when it has both. It has nothing to do with Death Note or Code Geass.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2009-04-11 at 17:08. Reason: Spelling mistake~
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 16:59   Link #1008
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
Kanokon was more like because it never tried to be anything more then a sex-fest. Queen's Blade is trying to have both over the top fanservice and storytelling, but is falling short on the second part so far, mainly because, well...it doesn't HAVE a story. "babes fighting to be queen" does not qualify as one. Kanokon didn't have a story either, but at least wasn't trying to have one.
You are just trying to simplify Queen's Blade's story. It's like saying Gundam 00 is just "Mans fighting for world peace" (yes, based on the first 2 eps, that's all people could make out, and by using your kind of judgement).

Seem like you don't want to think about the benefit of becoming the Queen, and the reason why they have to fight for that position, which is actually the show's story all about.
In fact, Kanokon does have its story, but it try too hard at fanservice that it became a mess, while Queen's Blade is doing the opposite. QB's plot is actually moving.
Old 2009-04-11, 17:02   Link #1009
animeboy12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Because when a show usually has this level of eechi then it doesn't, though this is one of the rare cases when it has both. It has nothing to do with Death Note or Code Geass.
I'm not making I direct comparison, I'm just using those anime series because of there quality of story, I'm just talking about that type of quality of story.

Name one anime series with Queen's blade eechi that doesn't have a "story". No matter how bad or convoluted a story is, it's still a story. I'm not defending Queen's blade story, as right now it's very weak but anime is so much more than story.
Old 2009-04-11, 17:06   Link #1010
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Not trying to be a grammar Nazi here, but it's ecchi, not eechi.
Old 2009-04-11, 18:25   Link #1011
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Probably because to those people shows like Code Geass or Death Note are the only kinds they've ever really watched.
Old 2009-04-11, 18:33   Link #1012
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

Quote:
I'm not making I direct comparison, I'm just using those anime series because of there quality of story, I'm just talking about that type of quality of story.

Name one anime series with Queen's blade eechi that doesn't have a "story". No matter how bad or convoluted a story is, it's still a story. I'm not defending Queen's blade story, as right now it's very weak but anime is so much more than story.
anime is like any other form of media entertaiment, different show has different way to satisfy their specific audience. Sorry to say this, but when people compare queen's blade compare to ikkitousen or kanokon, that's just dumb.

kanokon is a ecchi school drama comedy
QB is a ecchi action show...
they are two different typr of show

And ikkitousen of course has better story line than QB, because it is a spin off romance of 3 kingdom story...it's a story written in 14th centry... and been passed down all these years. it has been said since the 1st few page of this thread. DO NOT EXPECT QB has AMAZING STORYLINE

Last edited by Astrana; 2009-04-11 at 18:43.
Astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 19:00   Link #1013
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

well at least there 10eps left now.

but really ep.2 this time put in more action with bit doobi & with look in the past to know some characters history.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 22:05   Link #1014
ultramojones
Pfjaklsq of Greatness

I think we've yet to see Risty's, Nanael's, Claudette's, and Elina's oppai, everyone else had a turn somewhere - Promo, EP1, EP2, OP, ED - unless you count doujins
ultramojones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 02:11   Link #1015
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
Probably because to those people shows like Code Geass or Death Note are the only kinds they've ever really watched.
It's a shame. Queens Blade don't have the greatest plot of all time, but it's fun, it's nice and got BOOBS. Don't need any other reason to watch the series, hehe.

BTW, Neko Arc rocks.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 03:57   Link #1016
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Ying View Post
It's a shame. Queens Blade don't have the greatest plot of all time, but it's fun, it's nice and got BOOBS. Don't need any other reason to watch the series, hehe.

BTW, Neko Arc rocks.
No, it does not need any other reason.

Amen.
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 06:56   Link #1017
jennkei
Screenshot Fiend

I was expecting ep 2 to be like ep 1, but apparently not. XD Not so sure about the story at the moment...will continue watching for a bit to see.
jennkei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 11:31   Link #1018
Fatsobob
Retired
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Fatsobob Send a message via MSN to Fatsobob
My stance on this show is that it is SO bad that it is good. The animation quality on it is fairly high, though the level of fanservice and eechi in it is insane! This is the type of show that you get your friends(unless you are very ronery) together and get a good laugh at stuff like exploding acid tits.
Old 2009-04-12, 12:46   Link #1019
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Shrine maiden = win. i'm thinking its the long dark hair.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 18:48   Link #1020
yononaka
nani ni tatoemu

It's nice to have a fanservice anime for a change where I can actually savor quite a few of the character designs employed for the purpose. I don't usually watch a lot of fanservice-based anime because of a scarcity of truly appealing (for me) characters generally doesn't make up for the lack of a useful plot. Here though, while there are still quite a few girls I'm not that keen on, the likes of Tomoe, Menace, and a few others make it worthwhile.

But the real fun lies in observing all the holier-than-thou-ness this show seems to inspire in quite a few folks.
yononaka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, blade, comedy, ecchi, queen, second season, yuri