AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-02, 13:52   Link #281
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakened View Post
Edit:
Beth the headless hours man/woman/Claymore. lol
Well... the kitty has a head at least
Old 2009-10-02, 13:54   Link #282
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
Concepts:

Catgirls: Yay!
Catguys: *shudder*

#1 Reason for Raki not to date Clare:

Clare was absorbed and reemerged out of Raciella and now probably has some of Raciella's DNA in her mix.
Raki was hit by two digglet spears, and is now having Raciella's DNA mixing into him.

This means: Raki and Clare are now brother and sister, so any kind of romantic relationship between the pair would have to be considered incest. I'm glad I solved that dilemma.
Old 2009-10-02, 13:57   Link #283
straferd
Toushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Well... the kitty has a head at least
bah thats mean. I felt sorry for the gal, all she wanted to do was killing monsters
Old 2009-10-02, 13:59   Link #284
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

why was priscilla unable to protect raki?
She is far stronger than the ghosts probably she had reached her limit and ran amok.
You can not trust that little bitch, can you?
Old 2009-10-02, 14:03   Link #285
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
How do you protect someone, if the enemy explodes into infectious spears when you destroy them? Once Raki got hit, the only way she could've saved him was to rip off his arm, which I am all for.
Old 2009-10-02, 14:04   Link #286
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

I have to say, silly MIB. The destroyer is not a perfect weapon. It has the flaw that most WMD's have. It's indescriminate. It's like how using a Nuke has the fallout, and rise in cancer rates. or using a Germ bomb runs the risk of the plauge you unleashed infecting your own side.
Old 2009-10-02, 14:05   Link #287
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta Spanksta View Post
Concepts:

Catgirls: Yay!
Catguys: *shudder*

#1 Reason for Raki not to date Clare:

Clare was absorbed and reemerged out of Raciella and now probably has some of Raciella's DNA in her mix.
Raki was hit by two digglet spears, and is now having Raciella's DNA mixing into him.

This means: Raki and Clare are now brother and sister, so any kind of romantic relationship between the pair would have to be considered incest. I'm glad I solved that dilemma.
Quote:
How do you protect someone, if the enemy explodes into infectious spears when you destroy them? Once Raki got hit, the only way she could've saved him was to rip off his arm, which I am all for.

Spoiler for The Family Kiss:
Old 2009-10-02, 14:17   Link #288
Nixl

Quote:
You like scenes from the Raki perspective? As for Clare being boring, the only thing I can think of was that she didn't become multidimensional until the Teresa of the faint smile arc. Claymore had a slow start, IMO, but once the Teresa of the faint smile are happened, it was great arc after great arc, and I don't think Clare was boring during those.
I think it mixes the story up. Just like switching between protagonist and antagonist, but with some people in the middle. I think the problem is that when we are waiting for monthly releases as opposed to reading a finished work. The thought can get lost to us.

I personally still do not like Claire that much. My reasoning is that I find her motives simplistic (revenge, find raki, and save the day, etc). It is not that they are bad things, but she rarely breaks out of that mold. She has gotten stronger, but I don't equate that to being a developed character (not implying that you said that). I thought the anime Claire was a bafoon towards the last episodes, so I hope the manga does not repeat it.

Raki is a character I sat on the fence about, until he found Priscilla. Believe me the whole "must protect claire" thing made me roll my eyes. Chapter 81(82?) with Rene showed another dimension moving away from that to a degree. Do not get me wrong, he did ask Rene about Claire, but in the chapter him being with Priscilla despite her the AO status. I would also de-emphasize the significance of Raki asking Rene about Claire since it appears that she is dead. (chapter 93, pg 05 second to bottom left panel)

I feel Claymore is a manga that will be infinitely better when it is finished. Since all the perspectives flow towards the same focal point.

Don't take my posts too seriously. My perspective never seems to match smoothly.

edit: double post
Old 2009-10-02, 14:20   Link #289
Weird D
Just existing...

There we go again with the Raki-hating...
Yes he was immature at the beginning. He was a child remember? A normal, naive child who got thrown out into the world of the Claymores, one which is far more cruel than even the one humans know there. This does not change the fact that he was willing to die for Clare on two occasions, and even after 7 years, he has not forgotten her.

And why do people assume he will turn into a complete badass, for all we know, this could be yet another failed creation. Highly unlikely, but still possible. I'd like it better for him to stay human, but I doubt it will happen. Personnally, I'm leaning toward a future reenactment of the Rabona cathedral with Clare repaying the favour and stating she'd rather die than leave him ; OOC for Clare I know, but that would make it a full circle like they did between Clare and Jean.

Anyway, Clare will soon be all the more driven to destroy the Org : Rubel will probably leak his presence to Clare, along with their new experiments with Raciella's flesh, which will make her and the Ghosts act much faster, especially considering how hot-headed Clare is. Either several Half-Awakened die and the Org is none the wiser, or the Org is destroyed, so it's win-win for him. Though it would be extremely ironic if Clare was forced to team up with Priscilla.

There are just too many ways this can go, and Yagi has been dropping bomb after bomb ever since the appearance of the AFs. But if Raki dies, it will be from Clare's hand, or taking a blow meant for her, and that will probably not happen till near the end.

Though I'm wondering, does anyone have any idea how many volumes are remaining?

Quote:
You do realise you've just given him a blank check to be with about any other girl in the series right?
Old 2009-10-02, 14:31   Link #290
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Don't bother Weird D; it's partly why I don't care that I'm unable to post for awhile, everyone is just happily ranting on the hate-bandwagon.

Frankly, I hate this change; Yagi is destroying what makes Raki unique and special in a world ruled by supernatural monsters. Claymore has never been about who has the stronger powers, it was about personality and relationships that dicatate importance. By taking away that special humanity in Raki and turning him into another monster, he is not only pulling off a boring cliche, but effectively killing him.

And I'm still finding it impossible to figure out how Priscilla, the most powerful person for the majority of the story, failed to protect the most important thing in her entire life. No matter how much she weakened herself, apparently, all that power amounted to nothing.

No Riful.......No Alicia.........

What kind of chapter was this?
Old 2009-10-02, 14:53   Link #291
straferd
Toushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
No Riful.......No Alicia.........

What kind of chapter was this?
And I waited a month for this??

Nah jk, it will be ok.
Old 2009-10-02, 15:46   Link #292
TheNumberThree

i complained on here, last month when ch 95 was coming out, about the way the story was developing and what appeared to be the demise of alicia & beth...and i'm still wary of that, but...the only thing that could potentially change my mind on this topic right now, would be if alicia and riful form some kind of alliance...i know it's alittle early to speculate on that (seeing as how neither got any mention in this months chapter) but i just thought i'd share...i'll reserve the rest of my opinion until the chapters officially released (and i can read the text)
Old 2009-10-02, 15:55   Link #293
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

A little early?

Number Three, an alliance between Riful and Alicia has been speculated all last month; I myself, loved the idea. This chapter I think, has lowered the chances of that happening I think.
Old 2009-10-02, 15:57   Link #294
RM-FAN
Anti-Nina Einstein

Well, after of read the spoilers and watch the pic of the fate of Beth...

Can us consider to the twins Alicia and Beth like an EPIC FAIL for the Organization?
Old 2009-10-02, 16:05   Link #295
HegemonKhan
Banned

okay.... claymore is way cool..... but now i'm like totally lost..... its gone total crazy.... i'm not even gonna try to explain/understand anything going on any more..... it's way beyond my ability....

when the creator of a manga has even more crazy stuff happening than i can come up with crazy ideas... it's time for me to retire from trying to understand-explain the manga....

i think i'll just watch and enjoy it, and let the manga-creator explain itself if it ever does on its own time.....

Last edited by HegemonKhan; 2009-10-02 at 16:20.
Old 2009-10-02, 16:13   Link #296
TheNumberThree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
A little early?

Number Three, an alliance between Riful and Alicia has been speculated all last month; I myself, loved the idea. This chapter I think, has lowered the chances of that happening I think.
yeah i've seen some posts about how alicia saved riful so that in exchange riful would help her save beth...and i never really thought that theory had any substance...unless beth was able to pull alicia back before she got taken over than alicia is fully awakened, and i think that will probably tip the scales in rifuls favor as far as getting alicia to join her

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM-FAN View Post
Well, after of read the spoilers and watch the pic of the fate of Beth...

Can us consider to the twins Alicia and Beth like an EPIC FAIL for the Organization?
i wouldn't call alicia and beth a failure as much as the organization rushed them into battle, and obviously didn't see the rafaela/luciela-destroyer-thing happening
Old 2009-10-02, 16:22   Link #297
RM-FAN
Anti-Nina Einstein

I saw the raw of this chapter and i got a dude

żBeth take control of the parasite and awakend or the parasite made control to Beth and did that she awakend?
Old 2009-10-02, 16:55   Link #298
Dark Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro View Post
I dont like the idea that Raki is not a human, or will stop to be a human. All his importance in story was that he is only human protagonist in this series full of monsters trying to stay human.
I agree and that is why I am dissapointed and also, this ruined the sweet reunion and the only small romance in the manga that I was expecting, I just hope they dont ruin Raki's good looks and the kind heart he had but eventually the truly tragic thing for Clare will be to kill Raki with her own hands. Damn I hate this, how much more misery does Clare have to go through, where the hell was Pricilla, she was supposed to be his eternal guard, I would've much rather seen, Raki get eaten by Pricilla than turned into a monster by the ORG or unless, he gets turned into something like a Claymore, the first male Claymore that was a successful experiment, and which will keep Raki from awakening for a long time, just like Clare, then it would be okay.
But this really is shocking as I was expecting to see Raki and Pricilla team up and protect the village while Raki shows off his skill with the sword but we get none of that and we get our only human carted off to the ORG to turn him into a monster, the mangaka is too unfair on Raki and Clare
Old 2009-10-02, 17:03   Link #299
Korinov
The Burned Man walks!

I don't usually say something until the english scanlation is released, but it frankly surprises me how people can get mad or dissapointed just looking at a RAW or some spoilers... i.e., a M.I.B. says Raki was some kind of 'experiment' and people start going mad about 'what the f*** Yagi is doing?'. Just from quite an ambiguous sentence... maybe the 'experiment' was just letting him be aside Clare for quite a time, maybe the exposure to yoki releases (like Clare's) can induce some kind of 'changes' in a developing human body like a 12-13 yeared old Raki had... or the Org just thought it could be possible.

What gets me more suspicious is how a MiB is capable of recognising Raki after 7 years... maybe they were quietly watching him, but then it makes no sense to call him a 'failure experiment', since the Org would have no interest in watch over a 'failure'
Old 2009-10-02, 17:31   Link #300
HegemonKhan
Banned

especially now... i don't think there ever was suppose to be any sweet or happy moments in claymore, laughs....

claymore isn't your "feel good", "happily ever after" disney kid-shows/movies cliche' .....
-----------------------------------------------------------------

does anyone know when/if claymore manga is ending soon?

i hope this chapter 96 isn't some kinda rushed ending of the manga... like what happened with the anime....
Closed Thread