AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-07-16, 19:00   Link #1961
LunarArchivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
And by my guess its not giving her as much accurate information as she thinks it does.
Well, if you look at Altair's wheel of fortunetelling, there's one avatar for each of the currently active Creations with the exception of herself. Since the Creators themselves aren't on her radar, they seem to be the only ones capable of outsmarting her at this point.

Quote:
Wonder what ability he will give her - To show her panties even more?
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
I wonder how that fandisk will fare and what it will be about, if her special power has anything to do with showing her panties each time I will pity that poor girl so much. xD
I'm kind of wondering if she's either going to go all Kekko Kamen at this point or Altair's a secret lesbian and panty-flashing will cause her to die from blood loss via nosebleeds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
BTW, I find it kinda hilarious that the BEG of Alice world is called "Peeping Eternity".
If you think that's funny, I'm pleased to inform you that Alicetaria's magical gauntlet, while named after a historical knight with a prosthetic metal hand, is actually German slang for "Kiss my ass!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
If one releases a fandesign unto the world with a blank slate for backstory, does that mean outside fan derivatives will shape and fill in said blank slate?
I think it would be disasterous if hentai doujinshi started filling in the unexplored gaps in their sex lives. And people thought Hikayu had it bad.

LunarArchivist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-16, 19:11   Link #1962
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunarArchivist View Post
Well, if you look at Altair's wheel of fortunetelling, there's one avatar for each of the currently active Creations with the exception of herself. Since the Creators themselves aren't on her radar, they seem to be the only ones capable of outsmarting her at this point.
Really depends opn what kind of idea Souta had.
At the moment I think that ability for Altair was his, as he (if I got that one right) said he should be the one drawing Altair in addition to making a character of his own.

Altairs biggest strength is pretty much her worst weakness - she doesn't even know how all of her abilities work, so the best option would imho being one that would cause self destruction without her knowing it

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-16, 19:19   Link #1963
LunarArchivist

Quote:
Altairs biggest strength is pretty much her worst weakness - she doesn't even know how all of her abilities work, so the best option would imho being one that would cause self destruction without her knowing it
I'm kind of wondering if Altair's motives might involve a plot twist of some sort. We all know that Creators can effect change in their Creations. What if she wants to do the reverse, i.e. destabilize reality to the point where she can rewrite Setsuna's fate and prevent her from committing suicide?
Old 2017-07-16, 19:23   Link #1964
magnuskn

Quote:
If you think that's funny, I'm pleased to inform you that Alicetaria's magical gauntlet, while named after a historical knight with a prosthetic metal hand, is actually German slang for "Kiss my ass!"
As a German historian I am well aware of the historical Götz von Berlichingen and the phrase "Er aber, sag’s ihm, er kann mich im Arsche lecken!". While he wore a metal gauntlet as a hand prosthetic, I am not aware that the gauntlet itself had any connection to the "kiss my ass" phrase.
Old 2017-07-16, 19:31   Link #1965
LunarArchivist

Quote:
As a German historian...
Well, there was no way for me to have known this.

Quote:
I am not aware that the gauntlet itself had any connection to the "kiss my ass" phrase.
It doesn't. Given Alicetaria's volatile temperament, though, it's funny mentally picturing her using "Kiss my ass!" as a power summoning phrase.
Old 2017-07-16, 19:48   Link #1966
Router25
World Connector. I think

Any bets that Sota's Creation is named Vega?
Old 2017-07-16, 21:19   Link #1967
tuckersister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Router25 View Post
Any bets that Sota's Creation is named Vega?
What make you think that?

Also I hope Altair VS Souta's Creation fight will be epic. I think they are both similar but different is how they gain their skills. That's why Altair gain her skills from fanservice stuff and Sota's Creation would gain skills by learning other Creation's skills. You key in the factor that the Creation has a similarity with their Creator.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-16, 21:32   Link #1968
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
What make you think that?
I'm going to assume it's because Vega is a star that's part of the Summer Triangle along with Altair and Deneb.
Old 2017-07-17, 02:40   Link #1969
magnuskn

Quote:
Well, there was no way for me to have known this.
At least the "German" part is right there under my name.
Old 2017-07-17, 11:35   Link #1970
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

something tells me the only way to make Hikayu effective in battle without straying too far from the source material is by turning her into a yandere character, judging from other series, yandere characters seem to have superhuman feats in terms of their actions which is quite useful in combat, on a plus side she would never have to worry about her creator trying to molest her ever again...........
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-17, 13:42   Link #1971
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK-95- View Post
Actually, I'm of the opinion that Magane is the final obstacle for everyone to clear. Chaos is her ultimate goal and if Altair chickens out at the last moment (which she most likely will), Magane herself may step in and add the final touches.

If this episode told me anything, it's that Altair just feels alone/abandoned and is angry because of how her creator was treated. She's channeling this anger into her plan to destroy the world, but that's not what she truly wants. I'd say she just wants to be understood and saved by someone. (The OP also hints at this.)
Sure, but that doesn't make her final boss. In the end party would have to deal with Altair plan, who push button is mirror thing. You also can't expect epic fight with Magane, especially if Yuuya manage regain it. At best they will stop evil plan and trash her bit in epilogue.

It also doesn't matter whether Altair want truly destroy world or want be saved. If she is that way good, we got sympathetic final boss. There is plenty of these. Well, there is also possibility someone completely different will take over her role, but Magane is not alternative.
Old 2017-07-17, 15:21   Link #1972
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Global Sword 2 View Post
something tells me the only way to make Hikayu effective in battle without straying too far from the source material is by turning her into a yandere character, judging from other series, yandere characters seem to have superhuman feats in terms of their actions which is quite useful in combat, on a plus side she would never have to worry about her creator trying to molest her ever again...........
You underestimate the power of a yandere fetish. Also, the thing about fandiscs, and why the pervert suggested it, is that they don't have to obey canon in the slightest: The material in them can go from extra routes to a one-shot battle between mahou shoujo, demons and pirates, anything goes.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-17, 15:36   Link #1973
ReddyRedWolf

Know what with Yatoji part of the team I can see Hikayu both power up skill wise and have support... Of a certain Magical Slayer.

Hangaku was supposed to be a spirit of a female samurai general why not Mamika?
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-17, 19:46   Link #1974
magnuskn

Y'know, with Sota spending all this time with the Creators at a government facility, I wonder what he told his mom what he is doing, instead of, erm, going to school? I know she has not been seen since episode one, but technically he still is a minor. Did he tell her he got an internship with some government office?

I know that is not the focus of the show, but those little things make you wonder a bit, like how I was musing about how all the creations are going to spend their time in those six months.
Old 2017-07-18, 15:50   Link #1975
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
I'm going to assume it's because Vega is a star that's part of the Summer Triangle along with Altair and Deneb.
Not only that, but Vega and Altair (not Deneb) are part of Tanabata's legend.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-18, 20:00   Link #1976
tuckersister

I wonder if Re:Creator Altair have similarity to the legend.

I betting that Altair and Vega (got tired of "Souta's Creation) have the same ability but gains powers and skills differently. The reason why I said Vega gains powers and skills from other Creations cuz of how his Creator Souta is. Souta is not a talented person but he learns from other people to better himself. Vega can learn and observe other Creation's skills and powers and apply it to himself developing his own version of it. That would definitely be awesome.
Old 2017-07-18, 22:49   Link #1977
xizro345
King's Justice

Preview for the special:

As expected, it'll be some sort of stuff with the VAs from the anime, from the look of it. I know people somewhere where expecting something different, but there was no indication of something animated (considering it's just done since they had to get the air time for 25 episodes).
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-18, 23:05   Link #1978
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

Yoko Hikasa is a good lookin woman.
pagan poor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-19, 02:28   Link #1979
magnuskn

Oh, well. Beach episode would have been best, but I get that they have a budget, too.
Old 2017-07-19, 04:43   Link #1980
tuckersister

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagan poor View Post
Yoko Hikasa is a good lookin woman.
Of course. I saw her in the last two Symphogear Live concerts. Speaking of that, Inori was from that series, so what a coincidence.

Tags
fantasy, mahou shoujo, mecha, sci-fi, summoning