AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

View Poll Results: Who is the best girl?
Ichika 11 13.92%
Nino 8 10.13%
Miku 49 62.03%
Yotsuba 7 8.86%
Itsuki 4 5.06%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2018-06-28, 07:58   Link #401
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jord View Post
There is one argument that many people use when the ending of the manga is just what we saw at the beginning or in the one-shot, they say hey but what matters is the journey. The journey can be good at least even with a predictable-boring-mediocre ending, Nisekoi's author didn't even bothered on either the journey or the ending and that's why was so bad.

On 5-toubun we have at least a good journey (up to the current chapter) but I completely agree that here there is no other way than itsuki ending.
One of my problems with Nisekoi was the change the characters shown in it went through from the one-shot to the manga. For example, Raku in the one-shot was badass, yet in the manga he is just another pussy indecisive MC who gets hit by the tsundere cause reasons and complaints about everything.

As for this series, hopefully it stays away from first girl ending... But knowing how this usually goes, I won't hold my breath. If you see one manga of a certain genre then you basically have seen them all.
Old 2018-06-29, 09:40   Link #402
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Hmm... that's interesting, Nino's "being left behind" quote is the same thing Miku said why she can't tell her sisters why she's a sengoku otaku. It's also the implied reason why Ichika couldn't tell her sisters why she was going to an audition (hard to tell since chp 11 has only been translated once).

On the other hand, Yotsuba nor Itsuki's motivation doesn't seem to be the same. Yotsuba to be honest is more like 'wanting to be needed', while Itsuki is more on wanting to set a good example in place of their mom. It has no significance now, but I'm sure it would be touched upon in the future.

----

Concerning about the childhood friend, I wouldn't rule out whoever is the childhood friend to be the bride of the future. Chapter 33 Page 2 (linking is against the rules now that this is licensed right?) has Fuutaro saying "I was having a dream of the day I first met you", and we have the kyoto girl being the only thing in the page.

Of course it doesn't guarantee that the bride is the same as the kyoto girl, but the very first chapter of the very first page has the bride as the focus, and Fuu also narrates "I was having a dream of the dream-like day, in the second year of high I school that I met you." By having repetition as a literary technique, it does imply that the two girls are the same, but of course since it is not explicit we can never be 100% sure. Still, the ball is on the court to find evidence that the bride is NOT the kyoto girl, not the other way around.

As a side note, the author TOTALLY loves repetition, so this isn't just a one off. One gag has Fuu taking Yotsuba's ribbon and pulling on it if she's done something he doesn't approve (like helping out a club) then he fixes the ribbon himself right afterwards; he does it on Chapter 15 pg 12, then again on Chapter 41 pg 9. Another gag is both Fuu and Miku being out of shape; they are both dying gasping for air in chp 4 pg 10-11, then we have them dying again looking for Nino/Itsuki during chap 40 pg 9. Fuutaro also likes acting embarassed when asked about his test scores (when he really got perfect), which he does to Itsuki in the pilot chapter and again with the quints in chp 20 p19 right after the midterms.

And one more thing the author repeats? Itsuki hides her embarassment by hanging her head down while she blushes furiously, in chapter 18 pg 17-18. And you know who also did the same? Rena in chapter 42 pg 9. There's a similar shot of it in chp 17 pg 15, and chp 30 pg 18, both of course in different context than being embarassed and hanging your head low to hide it, but it's interesting that this shot is always Itsuki.

----------

If the above isn't enough to convince, then let's consider who Rena can be. Rena can be an 'impostor' or the actual bonafide Kyoto Girl. If we go by the first one, then it can't be anyone BUT Itsuki.

I mean, there are things 'Rena' shouldn't be knowing if she is just an impostor. One is how Kyoto girl calls Fuu (Uesugi Fuutarou-kun), of which maybe Itsuki heard when Fuu may be sleeptalking while he was sleeping in the hospital (it is the phrase written right before he woke up with Itsuki right beside him). The other is the study charm something that Fuu recognizes instantly (and so he would associate it with Kyoto girl), and both of these were NOT talked about during Itsuki/Fuu's excursion on chp 41, where it's the only scene shown where people might have been listening on them.

So unless the person listening on to Itsuki/Fuu's evening excursion was anyone but the Kyoto girl herself, then 'impostor Rena' can't be anyone BUT Itsuki.

Of course, if it IS indeed Rena who is the Kyoto girl, it becomes a bit less clear, but there are some hints.

It's DEFINITELY not Nino. Rena was non-chalant when 'learning' about Fuu teaching the quints; meaning if it's a story Rena already knows, she doesn't keep in mind how to act naturally. On the other hand, Nino was crying absolute buckets upon hearing Fuu's background story + what happened in the park. This is on top of Nino's personality of treasuring the past; if she indeed does hold dear the circumstances five years ago ("I'm the only one who still can't let go of that time"), then she would not have forgotten Fuu. Not to mention it would be non-sensical for the author to have Rena tell Fuu to 'move on', then have Fuu tell Nino the same thing when Nino and Rena are the same all along.

It's most probably not Ichika. It's been established that Ichika actually has talent as an actress, and it's hard to believe she would make a basic mistake like Rena did upon hearing something extraordinary like quintuplets. Of course it can be chalked up to human error, but out of all the twins, it would have been Ichika who would not have made that mistake.

It's almost definitely not Miku. Unless she has been struck with laser guided amnesia, Miku as of right now will NOT hesitate to use anything that may win Fuutarou over. If she is indeed Kyoto girl and she knows it, the story would have ended already, period. The only caveat to this is if Miku does not remember the incident, because unlike Nino who so treasures the past, we don't know if it's the same with Miku.

So that leaves us with Yotsuba or ITsuki. Yotsuba is a big mystery, but I have a stinking feeling hers might be the next arc, so we might learn more. Still, apart from recognizing him from the get go as the boy of the past, Yotsuba's pile of evidence as the Kyoto girl pales in comparison to Itsuki's.

Before I've detailed a list of things that points to Itsuki as the Kyoto girl, so for the sake of brevity I won't do it again. Here is the link instead LINK

That said, a couple more pointers, one is when Fuu asked what is the relationship between the two during the festival; she says "If I'm generous, I'd say absolute strangers", but curiously, the next thing she says is "Is there any point in asking me? Shouldn't you not already know the answer to that question?" If she is the Kyoto girl and she has already realized Fuu was the boy of the past since she saw the picture in his handbook, this set of words explains perfectly that she is upset that Fuu hasn't recognized her (absolute strangers) and that it's up to Fuu now to remember (Shouldn't you know already the answer?). Of course not the only reading you can of that scene, but it does fit.

The other, more concrete is that Itsuki has been talked about as not having a good sense of direction. We've known this for a while, but it's been swept below the rug since it didn't seem like it was important. But now that we can say for certain Nino is NOT the Kyoto girl, there goes the idea that Fuu met each of the quints 5 years ago but he didn't realize they were different people. On the other hand, it reinforces the idea that he met only one of the quints, and if it's any of the quints who would be separated, it would have been Itsuki due to her poor sense of direction.

It's also Itsuki's phone that we've seen the Dad called to keep in contact (twice!), and it's Itsuki who was tasked with giving the salary (though she is the only one who knows where he lives). Still, it does show she doesn't TOTALLY despise the dad, and we know Fuu has seen the two of them together in Kyoto when he saw the girl off, so theirs may not have been a rocky relationship since the start.

Still, the constant build-up to Itsuki being the Kyoto girl is very alarming in comparison to Yotsuba. Of course, I'm not the author and I may very well be looking a bit too deep into things, so Yotsuba may be the Kyoto girl, or even the End girl if they're not the same. But as it is, Itsuki still is very much in the lead as the Kyoto girl (her holding the pinky finger is very fitting), and if I was a betting man she would be the one I'd bet on.

----

People have been talking about Nisekoi, but honestly, I love Gotoubun because the author actually knows what he's doing in dropping hints. I found Nisekoi it's the usual back-and-forth on who was the promised girl, and so there never was any overwhelming evidence for one character to have been it (unlike Gotoubun where I'm getting more and more clues for Itsuki every time I reread it). Then again, maybe that was the entire point since Nisekoi wasn't about who was the promised girl in the end. XD

Of course, who won in Nisekoi was actually the only thing that was well done in terms of build up. It's been built up for about 100 chapters before the end, and the MC admitting she was his 'best friend' like 50 chapters before the end pretty much was the nail in the coffin. Not that I agree with it mind you, since the other option is IMO way more HHHNNGGG, but I do admit it may be my inherent bias, since the winning girl's VA totally ruined my perception and regard for the character. On the other hand, the other girl was voiced by my absolute favourite VA of all time; who knows, maybe if there wasn't an anime I wouldn't have had this problem

In any case, it's still an ending I'd rather have, rather than have popularity polls dictate who should the winning girl be. That just shows how the author has no backbone, and shows he is there just to make money by not pissing off his largest fanbase rather than actually writing the story he wants to tell.

I've heard of some rife with Masamune in this topic, but to be honest, I've been combing and re-combing through Go-toubun so much digging for clues (I'm on my 8th FULL rereading, and at least 20 partial reads?) that I haven't had time for anime (I kinda miss DitF, Major, and Tada-kun), let alone other manga. I'll probably touch on it in a couple of weeks time, but in the meantime, I have to catchup to last cour AND we have a new cour coming now. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)

Last edited by DragoonKain3; 2018-06-29 at 09:52.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-29, 10:26   Link #403
Lex79

Only thing I don't agree with your analisys is that I think Miku has her motive for not revealing herself as the childhood friend. Specifically, Foutarou already dismissed the possibility of her being one of the quintuplets, so she can be afraid that he might think she is lying. Or she might think that her current self cannot compare to the idealized image of the girl from the past and is afraid that Foutarou would be disappointed in discovering the truth.
For the rest, I agree that Itsuki is most likely the one.
Lex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-30, 07:42   Link #404
LeftSeven
2D artist

lol
futarou got busted
Old 2018-07-02, 05:50   Link #405
WingedAccelerator

Here comes the Yotsuba cover for Volume 5, the same pic that was used on that advertising billboard way before. Still great though.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DhF9rDsUwAAyDer.jpg:large
WingedAccelerator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-03, 21:36   Link #406
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

So, main character reveals himself, Nino is not pleased and snaps and then checks herself out. Man....not sure how he will reach to her now, now that her ideal boyfriend ends up being the one she hates.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-03, 22:13   Link #407
Jord
10th

To be honest, who cares about Nino? all what she's been doing is acting like a selfish scumbag the entire time, her attitude was what pushed her sisters to act in a negative way a few chapters ago. If she's still deluding herself with the old blonde fuutarou then she can stay like that, is not like anything of value was lost.

Now imagine how bad she's going to do in the Japanese rankings
Jord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-03, 23:57   Link #408
Lex79

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
So, main character reveals himself, Nino is not pleased and snaps and then checks herself out. Man....not sure how he will reach to her now, now that her ideal boyfriend ends up being the one she hates.
Just give her some time to realize she actually truly loves Foutarou.
Old 2018-07-04, 00:41   Link #409
Tenzen12

She might have her issue, but she fun to read plus Fuutarou seems quite like hanging around her...
Old 2018-07-04, 03:04   Link #410
WingedAccelerator

I don't think that the situation is that bad. While the whole Nino fuss felt unnecessary, it still had the purpose of emphasizing how Fuutaru and her can talk normally just like the others, and we even got an insight to her thought process, and why she acts the way she does.
From the korean RAW, it looks like Fuutarou did his job, and the whole checking out is meant to imply that she is going back to her sisters. Fuutarou is smiling in the last panel, and I don't think it's a desperate one. The sleeping drug this time was the paypack for the Kintarou act.
Old 2018-07-04, 08:16   Link #411
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Nino drugging Fuu again? Yep, definitely worst of the sisters. I know it's needed because it seems Miku will be confronting Nino next chapter, but doesn't mean I have to like it.

Sorry Negi, you may try to make Nino grow on the audience, and some of them fell for it, but nothing is gonna work on me as long as she keeps on drugging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
Only thing I don't agree with your analisys is that I think Miku has her motive for not revealing herself as the childhood friend. Specifically, Foutarou already dismissed the possibility of her being one of the quintuplets, so she can be afraid that he might think she is lying. Or she might think that her current self cannot compare to the idealized image of the girl from the past and is afraid that Foutarou would be disappointed in discovering the truth.
For the rest, I agree that Itsuki is most likely the one.
Personally speaking, my view of Miku is that she is very headstrong and will not hesitate to do what is needed to win over Fuutarou. Of course, one can argue that Miku only 'remembered' the Kyoto trip 5 years ago if she was the one listening in the conversation over at the park, and so she couldn't answer Fuutarou before when he asks if he met any of them before as kids.

Still, my understanding of Miku would be that if she is indeed Kyoto girl, she would be using her meeting with Fuutarou as Rena to confess she was the one from five years ago, just like 'Kintarou' trying to confess he was Fuutarou in this chapter. But Rena on the other hand said goodbye, and I can't for the life me see Miku throw off the biggest advantage she can ever get in winning Fuutarou's heart. It would be very much out of character for her at this point (fairness over equality), and while I can't discount it with absolute certainty since I'm not the author, the author at least has shown he is consistent over anything else. I for one would like to believe he was consistent all the way through with Rena's characterization, so there's no way Rena was Miku at that time.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-04, 08:34   Link #412
Tenzen12

Fuutarou had it comming though. noone like being made fool of.
Old 2018-07-04, 10:56   Link #413
Lex79

At least the misunderstanding is cleared and won't be dragged forever.
Old 2018-07-04, 11:48   Link #414
wuhugm
Salted Tiger

Why no Miku?
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-04, 12:27   Link #415
WingedAccelerator

Someone said that the panel above Fuutarou is supposed to be Miku seeing Nino. (And that's her hair in the corner?)
Old 2018-07-04, 12:44   Link #416
u2L2rQ

it looks like Miku is stalking Fuutarou based on the last page.
u2L2rQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-04, 13:31   Link #417
wuhugm
Salted Tiger

^^
^
Kinda hard to tell
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-04, 14:34   Link #418
zezegui222
A simple man

A head with headphones, if this isn't Miku then author is trolling.
But... it's like Nino just get out of the hotel, then, she was stalking him? Or was going to talk with Nino? Who knows...
zezegui222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-06, 06:09   Link #419
WingedAccelerator

Remember the team effort theory about the Rena stuff?

Spoiler for Chapter 45:
Old 2018-07-07, 03:43   Link #420
Marcus H.
Toji Affairs Secretary

Man, to be honest, I'd like this effort to be Rena translated into some semblance of effort in actual studying.

Spring 2018: Amanchu! Advance (9/12) and Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii.
Carryover from Winter 2018: Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Card Arc (16/22) and Toji no Miko.
See the Toji no Miko Wiki Project in action!
Summer 2018: Hataraku Saibou (1/1c) and Kyoto Teramachi Sanjou no Holmes (1/1c).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 34. Completed: 336. Plan to watch: 31.

Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, quintuplets, student-tutor