AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2018-07-07, 11:38   Link #4261
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Honestly, didn't want to jinx it by saying that DitF really reminded me of Xenogears, since they took the idea of two people only being able to fly together because they only have one wing each. Sadly, they also took the idea of an amazing first half, only to be let down by the latter.

Oh well, just like Penguin Drum ended for me in episode 18, DitF ended for me in episode 13.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-07, 11:42   Link #4262
firemagnet

That was an interesting ending, and for my part I hate being right. As a direct parable of the Golden Bough, Hiro and Zero-Two end up sacrificing themselves to save Earth and everyone else. Centuries hence, they are resurrected again in their ideal forms to meet (and love) each other once more. Though just as surely as winter must come again, we know that the VIRM are still out there--crippled, but likely plotting their revenge. This is exactly what was meant by the "bittersweet" ending we were all told about some time ago.
firemagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-07, 11:50   Link #4263
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Spoiler for My Final Thoughts:
Old 2018-07-07, 11:58   Link #4264
devilo96

Well the ending is good enough for me...but virm said they cant die or something like that...if that really the case..then the problem will happen again in the future...but we all know that this series will not get another season in the future cuz this is not from sunrise studio (pfft even code geass get another season cuz the damn debate about lelocuh still alive or not)
Maybe triger will make a movie...
devilo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-07, 12:00   Link #4265
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
the implication that she and Naomi became a couple is pretty obvious.
Maybe so, but it doesn't change the fact she's the only member of the team withering away in a hospital room while everyone else has a whole future ahead of them. Not the worst fate she could have had, but still significantly worse than what the straight members of the team got.

I guess this is the best one can expect from a Shinso Abe anime.
Old 2018-07-07, 12:11   Link #4266
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

I've never been a fan of the idea that Ikuno's been getting the shaft the whole series just because she's a gay character. Not saying it's necessarily completely justified that she had to be the one to sacrifice her vitality, but... I feel like most people's animosity towards the treatment of her personal arc and anything that happens to her is more of a byproduct of desire for lesbian pandering. That's just my spicy take on it. I know that opinion's in the severe minority, but I've been simmering on it for a while now, so I figured I'd finally put it out there.

(Note: To be clear, I'm not saying that's necessarily YOUR stance on it, Kazu. I'm just speaking in a broader sense because your comment reminded me of the people it does apply to.)
Old 2018-07-07, 12:19   Link #4267
Kazu-kun

Pandering would be, for example, Ikuno having wild monkey sex on-screen with Ichigo. And I doubt many people were asking for that.
Old 2018-07-07, 12:20   Link #4268
Jord
10th

Darlifra was a series that used to have a decent writing, interesting elements worth the discussion, lots of mystery surrounding the characters and the enemies making it a really enjoyable series. All of that ended when VIRM was introduced, ruining the writing and making Darlifra a predictable, boring and very cliche driven series.

The ending was of course something predictable and Trigger/A-1 decided to use the typical bittersweet ending where everyone was happy at the end even if that means spending thousands of years to met each other again. It was nice to know that Zero Two and Hiro met under the sakura tree after all that time with the beginning of a new Story, a new future.

What this series used to have was a lot of potential in the pre-VIRM stage but honestly, it feels like all that was completely wasted. In the end and taking in consideration the series as a whole, it is a 5/10, not even close to be AOTS material but it was a fun ride IMO.
Jord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-07, 12:23   Link #4269
LG-MAX 2.o

if anyone is interested in knowing what the Japanese found the end, you can see some comments here: https://twitter.com/DARLI_FRA/status...12591073255429

Of course, we can never generalize.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-07, 12:28   Link #4270
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
if anyone is interested in knowing what the Japanese found the end, you can see some comments here: https://twitter.com/DARLI_FRA/status...12591073255429

Of course, we can never generalize.
It looks like it's very well received by the Japanese anime community
Old 2018-07-07, 12:34   Link #4271
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Pandering would be, for example, Ikuno having wild monkey sex on-screen with Ichigo. And I doubt many people were asking for that.
That's not... quite what I meant. XD

I guess the simplest way I can boil it down is that there's a portion of people who watched this show and wanted to see Ikuno thrive and do well either solely or mainly because she was a gay female. Granted, her sexuality is inexplicably intertwined with her character arc and we didn't get much development for her personality/motivations beyond that, so I suppose you could blame the writers for fostering that mentality in the first place.

But I don't agree with the idea of rooting for a character just because they're a cute lesbian... even if that's the majority of what the show gave us to work with about the character.
Old 2018-07-07, 12:41   Link #4272
wissenschaft

Damn it, so much for my happy ending.
Old 2018-07-07, 12:41   Link #4273
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Umm....Goro sounds really different in this episode. I miss the previous seiyuu. I guess Daiki's voice is really too manly for teenage Goro. But on the other side of the coin, his manly voice is perfect for adult Goro that we saw at the end .

And boy, what should I say about the ending. Well, it's.......meh. It's not great, but it's not awful either. It's just so-so. This anime started mediocre (remember the LN-ish tropes that we saw in episode 1?) and ended mediocre. And the battle animation is still lazy. It's one of the most anemic climactic mecha battles ever if anyone want to compare it to other mecha shows. I guess that's it. Throwing more criticism at this point is like beating a dead horse. The flaws and problems are there for everyone to see and interpret however they want.

On top of that, VIRM will be back again to ruin everybody's day eventually....The End.....

That said, I actually like the music in this series, and also the voice acting I guess, even though the dialogues could've been better and less cheesy. Special props for Ichigo's VA for her voicing debut in this role. Here's hoping she gets more & better roles in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wissenschaft View Post
I shall be looking forward to that. :P
I've watched the final episode and, sadly, I can only give them half of my credits since the anime doesn't fully show Kokoro's pregnancy struggle (not even a montage like I hoped for) and we don't even see the child-birth process. Instead, it directly jumped to post-birth like many other anime out there, so there's nothing special about it.
Old 2018-07-07, 12:44   Link #4274
mickbis

Would be better if the VIRM is gone for good
overall 7.5-8/10 for me
beautiful ending yet I still feel empty inside.. since deep down
I truly wish for better ending and the team is reunite again
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-07, 12:45   Link #4275
wissenschaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I've watched the final episode and, sadly, I can only give them half of my credits since the anime doesn't fully show Kokoro's pregnancy struggle (not even a montage like I hoped for) and we don't even see the child-birth process. Instead, it directly jumped to post-birth like many other anime out there, so there's nothing special about it.
Damn it.

Kind of feel like the shows high point was ep 15.
Old 2018-07-07, 12:47   Link #4276
blakstealth
Cinderella Gang or Die

Kind of a disappointing and anticlimatic ending. With the direction the show went in the last few episodes, this was probably the best they could muster up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
lol we honestly didn't need to see that. Would've been wasting precious time for the finale.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-07, 12:56   Link #4277
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
lol we honestly didn't need to see that. Would've been wasting precious time for the finale.
They could've cut out the badly-animated static battle at the beginning (and middle?) of the episode and saved that time & animation resources for better things since it's more pointless than showing the struggle of humanity's first natural childbirth since, like, forever. That will emphasis how important Kokoro's labor really is. We already know that Hiro & 02 are battling enemies out there. All we really need is the climactic battle in VIRM's homeworld.
Old 2018-07-07, 12:59   Link #4278
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
That's not... quite what I meant. XD

I guess the simplest way I can boil it down is that there's a portion of people who watched this show and wanted to see Ikuno thrive and do well either solely or mainly because she was a gay female. I don't agree with the idea of rooting for a character just because they're a cute lesbian...
How is that different from wanting 02 to get nice things and be happy because she's a cute oni? Being a cute lesbian or a cute oni, it's all character traits as far as fiction goes. You root for characters you like, and the reason you like them is irrelevant. Honestly, it's kind of unfair that liking a cute oni is fine but liking a cute lesbian is pandering. Needles to say, I don't agree with that. I think it's perfectly valid to like a character and root for them no matter the reason.

That been said, this has nothing to do with my point. The only characters I liked were Kokoro and Mitsuru, and I was glad they got a good ending. But just because the characters I like got a good ending doesn't mean I'm blind to what the show is doing with the lesbian character. I got eyes, I can see. In the same way I can see how the oni versions of Hiro and 02 died and their reincarnations are apparently fully human which defeats the point of making 02 a non-human in the first place.

Hiro and 02 as human x non-human couple were interesting and relevant from a thematic stand point. If Hiro became non-human like 02 and both came back to earth to live among their humans friends, that would have been interesting and relevant too. Reincarnated and fully human Hiro and 02 are boring and meaningless. It was literally the worst possible conclusion for the couple as it renders all the struggles they went through to overcome their differences meaningless.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2018-07-07 at 13:47.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-07, 13:03   Link #4279
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by wissenschaft View Post
Damn it.

Kind of feel like the shows high point was ep 15.
For me, it's episode 13. Episode 15 is like the showrunners trying as fast as they can to make Hiro & 02 together again. There's a feel of rush-ness to it, unlike the more natural flow in episode 13.
Old 2018-07-07, 13:06   Link #4280
Mistyclear

....so it’s finally over huh... I just knew that Kokoro and Mitsuru’s first child would be a girl.
Mistyclear is offline   Reply With Quote