Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2010-10-02, 23:26   Link #3701
dickdatduck
(ﺧ益ﺨ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amjzz View Post
The mangaka really seem to like to draw ecchi and big breast, considering lucy's is 17 according to chapter 158.2, the proportions of the female bodies on this manga are ridiculous.
Is this the first manga you ever read?
Quote:
So even if they knew they had a chance of fighting strong mages, cana and lucy went inside the cave with only a bikini, basically with no protection.
Gray is naked.
dickdatduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 00:36   Link #3702
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Hell, if you think that 16~17 with that size is bad, try 15~16 with about that size (as Negima! demonstrates)

in fact, if the term "ecchi" is a tag on any shounen series, expect large breasts on young females

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 01:05   Link #3703
Clarste
Human

Quote:
I mean sweat THAT much:
It's not that unreasonable. Humans evolved to run around naked in Africa, and sweating that much is expected. That's why we can sweat that much.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 01:29   Link #3704
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Making a mountain out a molehill, its not hard to sweat that much, even with a light amount of clothing.

It just means that the humidity there is akin to a tropical island along the equator, it gets absurdly easy to work up a sweat.
Old 2010-10-03, 01:32   Link #3705
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
It makes it look like some kind of hentai.
After all the crap doujin that have been going around, I've come to think highly of Mashima and OG!'s art...
Quote:
Hell, if you think that 16~17 with that size is bad, try 15~16 with about that size
Sometimes it goes as low as 12~14, THAT's what I call unreal!
Quote:
But now that I think about it, aren't Bixlow and Evergreen a bit broken?
Most powers are situational, and in this case we don't know how dark the cave is, what kind of runes may have been set up by Freed/Levy/Ever, and if Lucy gets some water to summon Aquarius, it's basically an easy victory. Still, I hope we'll get to see more Kana, last time Freed mopped the floor with her.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 01:39   Link #3706
Finre

Hmmm my predictions are:

Levy and Gajeel will face Gildartz so they will be out. Also a nice way to take out Gajeel so he wont lose anyone besides a powerful figure.

Natsu most probably will hit quiet zone. For a battle seeking guy to hit safe zone isnt that far-fetched idea.

Gray and Loki will most likely face Erza. Fierce battle awaits

Elfman-Evergreen or Juvia-Lisanna will face Mira Jane and most likely will lose.

And one of those two teams will face Mest and Wendy and will lose as well.

I am expecting 2 or 3 of those to become S ranks because Guild lost Luxus and Mystogan. And most likely Cana and Mest will become one. I have great expectations of Mest .
Finre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 01:57   Link #3707
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Primary problem with 2-3 becoming S Rank is that the Master has already said only 1 person will become S rank through the exam.
Old 2010-10-03, 02:02   Link #3708
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Lucy can also be considered among the 'broken ability' characters with her having Gemini now. If she has the ingenuity of a 4th-wall breaking character, Gemini alone would propel her to top 10 of Fairy Tail's mages.

Any runes placed by Fried should be able to be easily dispelled if Gemini can get a touch on Fried, which should not be too hard considering they're in a cave, and high-speed tunneling is Virgo's specialty. That's not even considering the more obvious method of Lucy/Cana using Gemini on themselves as decoys and double ambush positions. And we haven't even seen what Scorpio is made of, and I suspect he's probably up there among the useful and powerful spirits.

Lucy could have had half the battle won if she was sneaky and had Gemini going around in the ship touching everyone, and gaining a massive edge in the intelligence warfare.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 02:02   Link #3709
Finre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Primary problem with 2-3 becoming S Rank is that the Master has already said only 1 person will become S rank through the exam.
Yes i know but i am expecting a surprise there.
Finre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 02:16   Link #3710
cyberdemon

Quote:
i think if 2 or 3 candidates impress him enough he could decide to let them become s-class together. Past experience could've just told him that likely only 1 candidate would normally pass.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 03:05   Link #3711
Clarste
Human

It was implied that the "one person will pass" was a new rule for this particular trial, so I doubt it's from past experience. If you look at the numbers it seems that usually less than one person pass per year, so one guaranteed pass is actually more than usual.

That said, it wouldn't be at all surprising to see him change his mind based on performance, especially since it's obvious that the trial will be interrupted at some point.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 03:09   Link #3712
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Luxus wasn't really a bad guy. I hope he comes back to Fairy Tail.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 03:14   Link #3713
MechR

Quote:
In chapter 158.2 lucy was 17 years old and was in fairy tail for a year already.

On this arc was revealed that she hasn't been for one year in fairy tail, so she is younger and probably 16 and not 17.
Chapter 85's cover says Lucy's birthdate was Jul 1, year 767.

Lucy introduces herself as age 17 at the start of chapter 3. That day was July 4, according to the end of that chapter. Judging by the "sunny -> snowstorm -> sunny", the process of going to the mountain, rescuing Macao, and bringing him back to the guild all happened in one day. And she got her official FT stamp in chapter 2 right before they set out to rescue Macao (or the night before, since it looked dark out, and was still dark when Natsu left the building), so it looks like she joined the guild the night of July 3 at the latest, just days after turning 17.

But, the 1-year-later omake title page does still say "Lucy, 17".

So yeah, it looks like that's off by a few days: She should be just barely 18 in the omake. I guess Natsu and Happy were closer to the mark than they thought!

(Thanks to Fairy Tail Wikia for several of those refs.)
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 04:11   Link #3714
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Lucy can also be considered among the 'broken ability' characters with her having Gemini now. If she has the ingenuity of a 4th-wall breaking character, Gemini alone would propel her to top 10 of Fairy Tail's mages.
Well gemini does have several limitations... First they require being able to touch their target; and if gemini itself is not very strong then that can be a difficult task. Furtharmore they only have a 5 minute limit on their transformation, so that's how long they have to get the job done. I might also add that Lucy herself has limits on how long and often she can summon her spirits; she can only summon 1 at a time, and summoning 2 in the same fight is enough to exhaust her, 3 being her absolute limit. We've also seen that atleast some of her spirits can be taken out relatively easily compared to mages as we saw Sagitarious taken out quite quickly by bixlow.

Actually what would have been interesting to see is if Lucy had the fore-thought to have Gemini disguise themselves as her and go around the boat to copy two of the fighters and memorize them; heh she could have even attempted to snag makarov (though i'd imagine he'd be able to see through gemini's disguise). Hell even better would have been to copy Erza, Mira or Gildartz before hand... though that does assume that gemini keeps the copies even after returning to the spirit world...

Quote:
Most powers are situational, and in this case we don't know how dark the cave is, what kind of runes may have been set up by Freed/Levy/Ever, and if Lucy gets some water to summon Aquarius, it's basically an easy victory. Still, I hope we'll get to see more Kana, last time Freed mopped the floor with her.
frankly i do find Bixlow and Evergreen to be rather broken... i mean you have to actually avoid making eye contact which would be extremely difficult in a fight and really results in either fighting blind or forcing them to take their eyes off you. Erza only got by because she had a fake eye, and Lucy only got by since blinding people is something Loki is great at.

their's is the kind of power that's good for a villain since it's hard for the hero to fight against, but only result in something of a plothole when they are good guys... author has to figure out how they loose; how inconvenient that out of the many people they could fight against they would always end up against the few who can counter such abilities... and i would expect that we might see future fights with them ending with them being beaten off screen so that he can avoid such explanations.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 05:03   Link #3715
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Oh my, the service in this chapter is off the charts, especially for Lucy. Just a shame Erza was present on the ship. Gray was expected, and never changes.

Really wasn't expecting Lucy/Cana to go up against Freed/Bixlow, though then again i really had no idea what was going to happen.

& of course, Gajeel/Levy moment on page 9 is pretty adorable.
Old 2010-10-03, 10:57   Link #3716
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post

Any runes placed by Fried should be able to be easily dispelled if Gemini can get a touch on Fried, which should not be too hard considering they're in a cave, and high-speed tunneling is Virgo's specialty. That's not even considering the more obvious method of Lucy/Cana using Gemini on themselves as decoys and double ambush positions. And we haven't even seen what Scorpio is made of, and I suspect he's probably up there among the useful and powerful spirits.

Lucy could have had half the battle won if she was sneaky and had Gemini going around in the ship touching everyone, and gaining a massive edge in the intelligence warfare.
What you said makes massive logical sense, which is why I'm so afraid they're going to dumb down Lucy in order to not overpower her. She's not going to make the best use of her spirits, except as the plot demands. I've seen hints of this throughout the series, which is a shame, because I'd really like to see her become a top-tier mage.

Also not really liking the Gadjeel/Levy ship that looks like it's being set up. It reeks of a Vegeta/Bulma thing, and that just rubs me the wrong way, especially after what Gadjeel did to Levy. It makes Levy look like the type that's submissive and wants to be dominated, hooking up with the boyfriend that beats her up. It just doesn't sit right with me.

On a somewhat unrelated note, I don't like Lluvia going back to that look; I liked her with the other hairstyle and outfit, heh.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 12:08   Link #3717
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Making a mountain out a molehill, its not hard to sweat that much, even with a light amount of clothing.

It just means that the humidity there is akin to a tropical island along the equator, it gets absurdly easy to work up a sweat.
Exactly. I live in Barbados, and it's insanely humid. I'm starting to sweat by sitting down. >.>

That aside, all them sweaty ladies
Mashima really loves drawing Lucy in those kinds of poses though...what a genius! xD

Also rofl @ Elfman: "MMMMAAANNNNNNN!"

Last edited by cloak_and_dagger; 2010-10-03 at 12:20.
cloak_and_dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 12:14   Link #3718
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post
Mashima really loves drawing Lucy in those kinds of poses though...
Which is a good thing, because i like to see it happen.
Old 2010-10-03, 12:25   Link #3719
Wrath88
Kissing...

Lol, I also believe that Natsu's going to end up getting the safe route.
Old 2010-10-03, 13:47   Link #3720
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post
I think he got Erza
Spoiler for Map:

Natsu's place is justified since he went to a cave to the left of which there were only 3...he didn't go in to the square one so that makes 2...he ran up a path which leaves the one i marked on the map. Refer to the map on p7 to see that it's Erza's path.

I believe Mest got there before Natsu since you don't see him or Wendy in the panels after Evergreen left.

I thought I was wrong but they don't specify which letter route corresponds to what numbered one..
If you check the next page you can see that A,C,F,G,H are in their proper place... B,D,and E are hard to see/unreadable, but logic would say they are in order aswell
Furtharmore, Lucy and Cana went down path C (the third tunnel), which is the only tunnel that does not have an X over it...

[edit]
though it is true that what we think is E, does not look to be the tunnel Natsu took. Though this all assumes that Makarov's map is reflective of the actual paths... so even if Natsu took the path that the map had erza, does not mean that it was not instead the quiet path

Last edited by Slayerx; 2010-10-03 at 14:19.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen