AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-19, 18:35   Link #1
TEC

An anime with someone who is "almighty" and one who looks up

I am searching for an anime similar to black cat in the aspect of the powerful black cat and the enemy (forgot his name) totally looks up and adores(mispelled probably) him.

and if someone thinks i am looking for something like Hitman Reborn i am going to say clearly that itīs not what i am looking for

Well if you need any more specifics tell me so
Old 2008-08-19, 19:01   Link #2
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEC View Post
Well if you need any more specifics tell me so
Yes, please be more specific. The example of Black Cat does not help at all considering I found that title to be one of the most awful show I've browsed through.
Old 2008-08-19, 19:11   Link #3
TEC

well, the serie itself is bad but the serie is not the idea but the realition between black cat and the enemy guy, he adores him through his heart and see him ass some kind off helgon while black cat donīt care a damn about the guy, even then hi sdores him!

if this still not enough than please tell me more in detail what you want to know
Old 2008-08-19, 19:44   Link #4
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Usually the kind of relation that u are describing happens in a one-sided love situation. If this is what you are looking for then a good choice might be Sumomo Momomo or School Rumble. Both are comedy / romance animes.

Vampire Night has that kind of relationship too but it is has a more serious plot and a even darker relationship (more like a slave) can be found in Death Note between the main guy and his "girlfriend".
Old 2008-08-19, 19:53   Link #5
Echoes

Everyone has a profound respect for Griffith in Berserk. He's the leader of a small group of mercenaries, but has a natural charisma and strength that makes everyone look up to him. He's basically the perfect leader.

I'm not sure if you're looking for someone who looks up to his enemy in particular, if that should be the case ignore the suggestion and clarify in your next post.

If you're just looking for respect and honor in general, you might want to check out various samurai animes, where these concepts often play a large role.
Old 2008-08-19, 20:01   Link #6
Arkuatic

i think hes not exactly looking for one sided love, more like a one sided admiration;crush of respect.

Though black cat was a terrible anime in terms of story, lack of action, and randomness its hard to find similar traits of it in other animes.

Though the closest i can think of in terms of what you asked is
Rurouni Kenshin: Ishinshishi e no Requiem
The anti-hero(not kenshin) admires kenshin for his reverse blade, morals, and ideas for the future, however he hates him for kenshin's past(anymore and ill spoil it) and eventually they duel it out.
Old 2008-08-19, 21:19   Link #7
inkyubasu
*.Nyoro~n.*

I second Berserk... Griffith is adored by everyone, like a holy man (the anime doesn't reach the part where he is adored like a GOD though...)

Oh, and you were talking about Creed (the anime Black Cat was pretty bad =_= the manga was kind of good but lacking in the relationship between Creed and Black cat) <-- random point ^^
Old 2008-08-19, 23:48   Link #8
MuraKami
Phase Angle

You mean, like the enemy being infatuated by the hero/protagonist? Like:
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagan - Kamina and Viral
Bleach - Ichigo and Kenpachi
Shijou Saikyou no Deshi Kenichi - Kenichi and Odin
MAR - Alvis and Tom
Last Exile - Claus and Dio; Alex Rowe and Delphine ...?
Old 2008-08-20, 12:12   Link #9
TEC

yeak many of you have given me good responses to my ask, even though i have watched several animes and the idea i am looking for is correct on many of them.

example of correct idea replica:
Bleach(only a little though)
last exile(pretty much i liked it though it ended bad for the admire)
and etc

and as one said i am not looking for one sided love but if it is very good then name it.

PS: i donīt like old animes like kenshin even though it is good (srry itīs my eyes looking for candy!)

please continue if possible
Old 2008-08-21, 08:16   Link #10
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Gurren Lagann has brotherhood and people looking up to one as a leader.

And before Gurren Lagann there's Top Wo Nerae! 1 and 2, also known as Gunbuster and Diebuster. It tells of sisterhood and the main character looking up to her 'Onee-sama' and chose to fight and become better because she wants to be as good as she is and protect the world together.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2008-08-23, 12:07   Link #11
digitalmaster287

I second Gurren Lagann. There is a real brotherly bond between Kamina and Simon, and Simon always looks up to Kamina. Also, its one of the best animes out there, and the last 5 episodes are pretty much the DEFINITION of the word epic.
Closed Thread