AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-27, 16:26   Link #3041
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasanagi View Post
Are there any specific details on how exactly Olivie's sacrifice stopped the Saint King Unification War? Like what actions she took and how did she perish in the end?
The only definitive sources on that episode are the flashbacks in ViVid and a StrikerS booklet about the Saint Church. I suspect that the details of Olivie's sacrifice are deliberately kept vague to be revealed in the later ViVid chapters.
Old 2011-03-27, 16:35   Link #3042
Yasanagi
A Drifter...
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Yasanagi
But ViVid's doing a tourney arc now so it's not too likely that the details of such a sacrifice are likely to make its way into the narrative.

Thanks to 00-Raiser for hooking me up with the sig!
Old 2011-03-27, 16:53   Link #3043
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasanagi View Post
But ViVid's doing a tourney arc now so it's not too likely that the details of such a sacrifice are likely to make its way into the narrative.
What can I say? It's the author who chooses the story's pacing. ^^
Old 2011-03-27, 19:45   Link #3044
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

How much resistance do the characters have to psychic or telepathic attack and intrusion?

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
Old 2011-03-27, 19:52   Link #3045
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
Hmm given they've not fought against such types, its not known. but given how nanoha receives messages telepathically in season 1, you can at least take a guess she had no way of inately blocking it without presuambly practice, but thats not non magical telepathy.

then there's magical telepathy being broadcasted if its within the range of a barrier that is made for that purpose. again that is magical.

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
Old 2011-03-27, 20:00   Link #3046
Arcc
Knight who says D'ni

So what are they doing to defend against weaponized telepathic earworms?

Old 2011-03-27, 21:42   Link #3047
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
autobarrier?

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
Old 2011-03-28, 00:57   Link #3048
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpObscura View Post
How much resistance do the characters have to psychic or telepathic attack and intrusion?
The only character who has displayed the ability to directly and forcefully enter others' minds is Verossa AFAIK, and his Mind Probe is a Rare Skill, so I don't think mental defence is very high on anyone's priority list in the Mid. Well, except maybe Teana, since she is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcc View Post
So what are they doing to defend against weaponized telepathic earworms?
MORE FIREPOWER!

...what, it worked on Vivio and Quattro's Relic! >__>
Old 2011-03-28, 06:04   Link #3049
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpObscura View Post
Well Fate fell victim to a Lotus Eater Dream before, but I don't know whether that's the same for the others.
Old 2011-03-28, 07:14   Link #3050
Arcc
Knight who says D'ni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koveras Alvane View Post
MORE FIREPOWER!

...what, it worked on Vivio and Quattro's Relic! >__>
Er. By weaponized earworm, I meant like having a song literally stuck in your head, by somebody else. Not those eels from Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan.

Old 2011-03-28, 12:11   Link #3051
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Well Fate fell victim to a Lotus Eater Dream before, but I don't know whether that's the same for the others.
Nah, AFAIK that was just a pocket dimension + illusion magic. Rein didn't actually get into Fate's head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcc View Post
Er. By weaponized earworm, I meant like having a song literally stuck in your head, by somebody else. Not those eels from Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan.
Oh, sorry then. ^^; Still, my answer stands: in the Nanohaverse, crazy firepower solves everything.
Old 2011-03-28, 19:09   Link #3052
Yasanagi
A Drifter...
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Yasanagi
New question: When exactly did Subaru find Thoma on Vaizen? Before SSX events?

It's still hard to believe that he survived out there for that long before finding Subaru. Guess his mind was pretty wrapped around revenge and the TSAB documenting events of that time as an accident initially.

Thanks to 00-Raiser for hooking me up with the sig!
Old 2011-03-29, 00:26   Link #3053
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Thoma's village was destroyed in 0074, if my calculations are correct. Subaru only joined the rescue squad post-RF6, that is, in 0076. In other words, Thoma has been wandering for at least two years.
Old 2011-03-29, 07:37   Link #3054
Arcc
Knight who says D'ni

Humans are tougher than you'd think. We're tenacious little buggers who don't want to die, and children in particular give up far less easily. The greatest threat in a survival situation is exposure, and if you can beat that and find ways to stay hydrated and keep your calories up, you can survive well enough for a very, very long time. Touma didn't look like he'd been playing Castaway though, so my guess, he'd been moving from place to place doing some odd jobs and relying on the kindness of others when he could.

Old 2011-03-30, 17:47   Link #3055
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

I remeber a mention of an event where subaru witness someone commiting suicide right in front of her before she can rescue said person, leaving a big impact on her and being more or less talked out of it by that guy named Voltz. Where in the timeline this happen? ...is this the reason for why she go to train solo into the mountains where she meet Tohma?

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-03-30, 17:47   Link #3056
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

Dunno about the latter, but the suicide thing happens in SSX IIRC.
Old 2011-03-30, 18:10   Link #3057
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
I remeber a mention of an event where subaru witness someone commiting suicide right in front of her before she can rescue said person, leaving a big impact on her and being more or less talked out of it by that guy named Voltz. Where in the timeline this happen? ...is this the reason for why she go to train solo into the mountains where she meet Tohma?
Like Laith said, the suicide thing happened during SSX. The training in the mountain though, was triggered by another event: the building fire briefly mentioned to Touma in chapter 7 (though I won't be surprised if the mountain part was done due to the accumulated stress of both events and other rescue missions, but that would be merely speculation)
Old 2011-04-05, 18:23   Link #3058
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Do the TSAB or any of it's branches and units have any known motto/slogan?
Old 2011-04-05, 18:27   Link #3059
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

IIRC the only slogan we know of is Nanoha's, "Zenryoku zenkai."

Last edited by Rising Dragon; 2011-08-11 at 13:47.
Old 2011-04-05, 18:55   Link #3060
Aaron008R

I'm already 2,295 words into writing my Vivid fic (Yes, I'm slow). However, I'm a little stumped about how Vivio's daily training should go considering that I want to tackle a little morsel of information from the manga showed during Ch19.

Spoiler for pic:

Shante is quick to point out that Vivio's body and magic are unsuitable for close combat. But the confusing part here is the mention of 'high-speed parallel processing.' I plan on integrating that part into the fic so that at least Nanoha would know all too well about it and will also actually have some doubts, considering she has Vivio's best interests in mind. As of right now, that point appears nothing more than minor lip service that doesn't actually matter in the long run (like Tsuzuki seems so fond of doing).

Before Vivid came along, SSX has shown Vivio to have high proficiency in searching through information (several Infininity Library Books). I guess you could say the parallel processing part applies to being able to run the same search process on several targets at the same time. With that said, does that mean she's good at making several similar spells at the smaller scale and will have difficulty in making a high-yield singular spell (like what Nanoha usually dukes out)? Some input here would be highly appreciated.

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Closed Thread