AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2011-03-23, 10:13   Link #801
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroslayer View Post
Right, so I've finally gotten started on my next Omake file thing and I was wondering if you guys had any ideas you'd like to throw out.

Spoiler for The Problem with the Second Magic:

Spoiler for Author's Note:
Hm, question. Could Shirou actually trace the crest for the Second Magic? I don't think it's within his skill range, and I don't think the Second Magic requires a specific kind of crest.
Old 2011-03-23, 14:17   Link #802
Heroslayer

Quote:
Hm, question. Could Shirou actually trace the crest for the Second Magic? I don't think it's within his skill range, and I don't think the Second Magic requires a specific kind of crest.
I've probably taken a few liberties with Shirou being able to Project a copy of the Jewel Sword, but he's done something similar in Heaven's Feel so I felt justified enough to write it in.

And the Second Magic doesn't require a specific crest, it's just an amplifier, or a gateway for the magic. I'm sure that the creator could access the Kaliedoscope without the Jewel Sword, just that it makes it easier.

Last edited by Heroslayer; 2011-03-24 at 01:07.
Heroslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-31, 22:59   Link #803
dragon20990

Ideas

Quote:
Right, so I've finally gotten started on my next Omake file thing and I was wondering if you guys had any ideas you'd like to throw out.

Spoiler for The Problem with the Second Magic:

Spoiler for Author's Note:

Your looking for Ideas right? Here are some.

Code Geass - Imagine if Saber's wish was ever granted, and that world would pretty much be code geass. I mean that world of C is basically Akasha, CC is a greater holy Grail, and geass is a lesser grail, a master contract, and a servant contract rolled into one.

Naruto - A proven Fan favorite, but instead of doing it seriously you crack the f%$^ out of it. I think personally it would be cool to see bellephron on kyuubi or see kunouchi on missions to get his baby.

Soul Eater - Could you Imagine all of the death Scythes trying to become his partner like rabid animals? Or him meeting excalibur?

Magical Lyrical Nanoha - Seeing magical girls firing super magical blasts will give him flash backs and I can imagine him unconsciously hating that familiar that looks like Archer. Other scenarios is if he is eaten by the book of darkness, or he is the host of the book of darkness, or that weird doctor dude tries to study his strange magic. Plus Shirou with an intelligent device? Oh the possibilities!

Dr. Who - Imagine the Doctor going bonkers over someone who cuts reality through magic.

Hellsing - Have Shirou compare Alucard to Arcruied. And laugh...hard.

Fate/zero - just to be a bastard and pwn everyone including his father, Saber, and especially Gilgamesh.

Negima - Jack Rakan vs. Emiya Shirou = super trace on! Man with 1000 pactio cards across dimensions! The magus hero who got beat up by a ten year old kid!

Tengen Toppa Guren Lagaan - The only universe with more broken powers than the Nasuverse.

Tiger Dojo Colliseum - Him being in a tournament ran by Taiga and getting his @$$ beat by Saber dressed in a lion outfit.

Finally - Him being chased through the dimensions by a mega-perverted Tohsaka (Rin or Sakura) who is better at using the second magic.
dragon20990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 12:33   Link #804
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

I find it interesting that most of my ideas for Fate/stay night fanfiction seem to focus on Sakura in some way.
Old 2011-04-01, 13:19   Link #805
Cherry_Lover

Well, it just shows that you grasp her true importance as a character
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 23:58   Link #806
Heroslayer

Quote:
Code Geass - Imagine if Saber's wish was ever granted, and that world would pretty much be code geass. I mean that world of C is basically Akasha, CC is a greater holy Grail, and geass is a lesser grail, a master contract, and a servant contract rolled into one.

Naruto - A proven Fan favorite, but instead of doing it seriously you crack the f%$^ out of it. I think personally it would be cool to see bellephron on kyuubi or see kunouchi on missions to get his baby.

Soul Eater - Could you Imagine all of the death Scythes trying to become his partner like rabid animals? Or him meeting excalibur?

Magical Lyrical Nanoha - Seeing magical girls firing super magical blasts will give him flash backs and I can imagine him unconsciously hating that familiar that looks like Archer. Other scenarios is if he is eaten by the book of darkness, or he is the host of the book of darkness, or that weird doctor dude tries to study his strange magic. Plus Shirou with an intelligent device? Oh the possibilities!

Dr. Who - Imagine the Doctor going bonkers over someone who cuts reality through magic.

Hellsing - Have Shirou compare Alucard to Arcruied. And laugh...hard.

Fate/zero - just to be a bastard and pwn everyone including his father, Saber, and especially Gilgamesh.

Negima - Jack Rakan vs. Emiya Shirou = super trace on! Man with 1000 pactio cards across dimensions! The magus hero who got beat up by a ten year old kid!

Tengen Toppa Guren Lagaan - The only universe with more broken powers than the Nasuverse.

Tiger Dojo Colliseum - Him being in a tournament ran by Taiga and getting his @$$ beat by Saber dressed in a lion outfit.

Finally - Him being chased through the dimensions by a mega-perverted Tohsaka (Rin or Sakura) who is better at using the second magic.
Okay, nice to see some ideas being thrown out.

Naruto- I'm kinda hoping to stay way from the really mainstream manga/anime. This, bleach and one piece are the ones I'm trying to avoid doing.

Soul Eater- I honestly don't know enough of this other than to throw out a few paragraph joke.

Nanoha- Well, There's an idea. No intelligence device for Shiro, but I can imagine the havoc he'll play on the time line.

Book of Darkness meets Rule Breaker

Knights versus Unlimited Blade Works

Starlight Breaker versus Excalibur

Oh gods, the possibilities.

Dr Who and Hellsing- Same as Soul Eater

Fate/Zero- Huh... I... can't believe I didn't think of this. I feel stupid.

Negima- I have one planned out already. I would have done the whole, 'Hero of a Thousand Faces' Versus 'Unlimited Blade Works' when I remembered that Jack can just punch Shiro back to his own dimension... so yea, no go.

Guren Laggan- I... don't want to think about what'll happen to Shiro if he's exposed to Kamina.
Old 2011-04-02, 14:40   Link #807
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Guren Laggan- I... don't want to think about what'll happen to Shiro if he's exposed to Kamina.
Yoko and Nia would be added to his harem, that's for sure. And Darry, when she's old enough. And all three of Kittan's sisters.
Old 2011-04-03, 00:44   Link #808
Heroslayer

Quote:
Yoko and Nia would be added to his harem, that's for sure. And Darry, when she's old enough. And all three of Kittan's sisters.
I somehow doubt that.

Here's a question I've been wondering. I'm writing a fighting scene with Shiro and while it's half crack and I don't need to exactly follow the rules of FSN I still want to get this part right for future reference if I write a serious piece.

Unlimited Blade Works.

I understand that it copies the weapon's power and age, to the point where Shiro can use the skills imparted on the blade. Does that also imply strength.

Spoiler for Nine Lives Blade Works:
Old 2011-04-03, 01:38   Link #809
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
I somehow doubt that.
Aw, you're no fun.
Old 2011-04-03, 12:03   Link #810
Cherry_Lover

Hero: Yeah, when Shirou/Archer traces a weapon, he gets the skills of the wielder, which includes their strength, hence being able to use weapons that he couldn't even lift with his normal strength.
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 21:12   Link #811
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
Hey, remember me?

Well, I know you remember this...

Spoiler for Chaos Theory, Chapter Ten:

Last edited by Moczo; 2011-04-03 at 23:49.
Moczo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 21:14   Link #812
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
Hey, remember me?

That... was awesome.

Spoiler for Comments:
Old 2011-04-03, 21:22   Link #813
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Hey, remember me?

CHAOS THEORY!

... Ahem. Sorry. I have been trained to do that.

And for a chapter that is so focused on the showdown with Caster Alter and pretty much the big "Oh crap!" moment of the story, it's also one of the funniest, IMO. The little exchange between Sella and Leysritt had be snickering, and how calmly Archer was talking about throwing Rin--followed by her reaction to him telling her all of this--was absolutely priceless. Oh, Archer, you smooth, smooth man. You have such a way with the ladies.

Also, of course, Archer and Lancer teaming up is made of pure awesome and win, even if right now they're facing an extremely pissed off Caster. Though on the upside, they now have Assassin's help, so maybe that will make things at least a little bit easier before it all ends in hell.
Old 2011-04-03, 21:28   Link #814
Heroslayer

Quote:
Hey, remember me?

New Chaos Theory!

Alright, now that that's out of my system. Holy crap they're screwed. I mean, Archer is made of pure Win, but it doesn't change the fact that he basically always loses in the War... and we can add that definition to Lancer too...

I repeat, they're screwed.

Though I liked how Archer just casually throws Rin away. Independent Movement has to one of the most useful skills for him, ne?
Old 2011-04-03, 22:15   Link #815
Argent Solbright
Vega, The Swooping Eagle

Quote:
Hey, remember me?

Wow, man I almost queal when I see this. (I've just read, well skimmed, through a bunch of idiotic fanfics so this is very welcome).

I love the image of Rin flying through the air.

Last edited by Argent Solbright; 2011-04-03 at 22:32.
Argent Solbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 22:26   Link #816
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Hey, remember me?

Whoa, big fight scene! Now I know why this chapter took so long to write...Nonetheless, this scene contained the customary 100% of the recommended monthly allowance of Awesome. And as a bonus we get the maids being cute and Zouken suffering (which is always fun)! So...Caster Alter can be shortsightedly smug. This is good to know. Though if they drive her off, Lancer had better keep a very close eye on Assassin or things will end up right back where they started before Caster interfered. Loved Archer dealing with Rin!

One typo in the first section; you wrote "walked him" instead of "walked in." (I might also suggest "literally true" instead of "exactly true" in the same section, but that's more of a style thing.)
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 22:28   Link #817
GDB

Loved the chapter. Had so many great images played out in my mind as I read it. Rin getting thrown, with cliche giant anime tears in her eyes as she screamed. Lancer fighting with smooth spins, stabs, slashes, and overall graceful movement, while Archer just calmly marched forward, sword-spamming Gilgamesh style.

After reading this, I realized how long it's been since I last did a chapter for my second war fic. Staring at a computer at work all day's made it hard to sit down and type out coherent paragraphs while at home.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-04, 01:42   Link #818
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Lol the Sella and Leysritt bit at the start was awesome, but I wonder about the comedy placement. Archer bodily throwing Rin is all good and funny but I was thinking a situation like that would be all drama and no grim wit. Well that's how it was in the Novel anyway. Is this just your writing style?

Everything else was awesome.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-04, 03:04   Link #819
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Hey, remember me?

OMG yes new Chaos Theory xD

*hyperventilates for 10 minutes before calming down*

Loved this chapter. Especially the bit with Rin being chucked down the mountain, and Archer's words. The fight scenes are epic too.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-04, 11:52   Link #820
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Lol the Sella and Leysritt bit at the start was awesome, but I wonder about the comedy placement. Archer bodily throwing Rin is all good and funny but I was thinking a situation like that would be all drama and no grim wit. Well that's how it was in the Novel anyway. Is this just your writing style?

Everything else was awesome.
Pretty much, yes. I'm simply not as big a fan of 'grim' as Nasu. I like to lighten things up. The story will, of course, descend into the sort of grit that he went to, but not until things are more severe.

And speaking Chaos Theory, the next chapter is now Up on FF.net.

Tags
character, discussion, fanfiction