AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-01-23, 09:17   Link #1061
Thany
Unfair

I think the correct sentence would have been 'Mon Francais est très mauvais, mais vous êtes très belle'.
But it was still understandable, but I'm not sure I would have been able to understand if it didn't had a context ^^
Thany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-23, 14:05   Link #1062
PiGGiEE
PiGGiEE Judo Chop Chop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_Squirrel
This thread needs more pics of Hellychan.

Where is the Hikaru no Go poster btw? ^^
YAY HELLYCHAN! More pics more pics!
PiGGiEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-23, 16:30   Link #1063
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob
Sigh... worse fears confirmed... My French sucks big time... (bowing head in shame). I must apologize firstly to Hellychan for having to read such crap...
Why, you don't need to apologize bob ^^; As Thany has already said, I've guessed what you meant and I really thank you for having told me in French!~(^_^< )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_Squirrel
Where is the Hikaru no Go poster btw? ^^

Here it is! (Sorry, I don't have any scanner, so I took it with my camera, that's why you can see a little light in the center which is actually the flash's reflection )

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiGGiEE
YAY HELLYCHAN! More pics more pics!
Unfortunately, I don't have anymore
Old 2004-01-23, 17:08   Link #1064
SirJeannot
AT Field

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thany
It was bad bad but understandable was what I meant
Anyway, French is a very hard language so don't even think about doing very good sentences in French
i am able to sp34k & write properly (i think? ) in english so you should be able to do that in french

omg, found that pic from last summer, taken quite late (but don't misunderstand, this is only luck if it's such a bar behind me )

my hair are a real mess
Old 2004-01-23, 17:50   Link #1065
KaeMeera

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob

KaeMeera

Btw... Love your avatar... you must have every guy here wondering why they didn't meet you a few years ago before you tied the knot... or at least why they're not living on the east cost ... I can certainly say Nova Scotia is looking better by the moment
Nyu...

I guess that's why young girls get married so...young...?

And, it doesn't make it easier to have a jealous husband! lol I can't be complimented these days without Mr. on my case about it. But! That's a conversation for a-whole-seperate-thread...

*runs off*
KaeMeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-23, 21:53   Link #1066
Joe Dalton

yes thany.
And indeed dont worry bob I cant speak french perfectly or anything even close to it.
I am able to understand it and make myself understandable but grammar is just EVIL!
Still it was helpfull when I was traveling through paris alone so Im glad I took the subject at school gave a nice basis.
Anyway I might have annother and fortunatly better pic of me comming up till then the 1 I posted earlyer will have 2 do
Joe Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-23, 22:18   Link #1067
Sun_Tze
I pity the foo!

Send a message via MSN to Sun_Tze Send a message via Yahoo to Sun_Tze
KaeMeera asked me to smile, and so... here's a smiling photo

http://amcinfo.net/cosplay/cosplay/Img_0001.jpg

And a photo for my bros of #Animesuki (Insert Hip-Hop accent on this word):

http://amcinfo.net/cosplay/cosplay/Img_0003.jpg
Sun_Tze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-23, 23:01   Link #1068
KaeMeera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Tze
KaeMeera asked me to smile, and so... here's a smiling photo
YAY! Much better! Much better! *claps happily*
Old 2004-01-24, 01:17   Link #1069
bob

Wow... I didn't think that my inability to conjure up a coherent sentence in French would bring up such a lively conversation....I greatly appreciate the encouragement by Thany, Superchop, Joe Dalton and of course Hellychan.

Much to my dismay, I used to be able to hold a reasonable conversation about 10+ years ago at the end of my grade schooling... sigh.. I could also write sentences back then too... correct ones no less… honest

With the minimal exposure that I've had to people who actually speak the language in my part of the country, my reasonable skill level (for a tourist that is) has degraded to the point of pure embarrassment .... I guess the next time I'm in Europe I gotta spend about a month in France to hopefully boost my abilities to that of a crappy tourist... (making note to check if I have relative I can bum off a place to stay).. Would be nice to be able to claim that I'm trilingual (enough ) again instead of being plain ole bilingual....

KaeMeera:

I can totally understand his position… I’d be totally nervous/proud that so many guys where eyeballing my wife… He’s got to be a bit more secure thou.. It says a lot that you married him in the first place

Lol… he doesn’t have to worry about me thou… I live way too far and would probably get lost on the Trans Canada Highway on the way

Hellychan:

Not a problem, complements always seem to sound better in the person’s native tong and I make an effort if I can to at least pay one compliant in that language.. My only fear was that my English would sound better than my French thereby ruining the complement lol. I am happy that it wasn’t the case

Thany:

Yes Sensei I will write that one down now (jotting down 'Mon Francais est très mauvais, mais vous êtes très belle' for later reference)

I appreciate the correction, it goes a long way for me to getting a better feel for the grammar again.

Joe Dalton:

I know what you mean about the grammar, but it’s a bit worse for me as French has similarites to other southern European languages I’m familiar with. So falling into a trap of familiarity is much easier… sigh. But I agree with you, there’s nothing like being totally immersed in a language and culture to speed up the learning process

To All:

Seems like there’s been a lot of discussion about blue/purple hair as of late but no pictures… So I guess I’ll be the first to post one of me with dark purple hair/ with matching Go-Tee and eyebrows… Before anyone freaks thinking this is my regular attire I’ll explain… (see previous picture for a more normal looking me )

Explanation: It was Halloween… any guesses as to what I went as?

No I don’t have a tattoo… a friend of mine thought it would accentuate the look if she penned one in …. I think it works out well…. I’ll see if I can find another angle of this picture but so far this is the only one I can find right now.
Gees... what's whith me and these huge posts anyhow?... next i'll be accused of being longwinded... hehehe
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-24, 01:52   Link #1070
GATX207_Blitz
Gobble Gobble

Send a message via MSN to GATX207_Blitz
bob I have no clue what you went as, but you got PURPLE HAIR how cool ;p

I would think about dyeing my hair, but its soooooooooooo thin like everytime I get a haircut you can see my scalp like my hair is see through. So if I did dye it I think all of hair would fall out and I would have this nasty ass stain on my head that was PURPLE or BLUE and I would only get fingers and laughs for being a bald purple or blue stained guy T_T

Well if there are any more people out there who have done the greatness of dyeing there hair PURPLE or BLUE plz post ^^

PS I posted once and ever since then I was called a 16 year old and buddhist monk so I'm going to have to think about posting another pic

EDIT: PSS has anyone gotten there hair this kind of blue I like this one

BTW this is suppose to be a ciel cosplay from shingetsutan tsukhime

Last edited by GATX207_Blitz; 2004-01-24 at 05:49.
GATX207_Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-24, 13:53   Link #1071
megazone23

Woohoo, whoa, so many posts in this thread O.o" No... I gave up reading through the thousand some odd posts -_-" Oh well, haha, I guess I'm gonna join in on making posts here =P

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabolistic
(from page 50)
a surprise picture taken in room..

i am sporting my new breakdancing tracksuit (the top half, at least), and was taken while we were discussing the finer points of being nerdy
You kinda look like one of my friends. Pretty cool room though. Maybe it's from a bad angle, but it looks CLEAN!! *scary* Iono. Most people's rooms that I know (mines included) are messy. Haha, orange is coooool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob
(from page 51)
Attention Flash_Squirrel, I've stumbled across some photos of yours via a friend that you might want to get your lawyers on.. I thought it prudent to bring it to your attention as they both intrude on your private life. I've posted it here to enlist the help of the Animesuki crowd.

The first appears to reveal your hidden identity.....

The Second appears to be after a good party

cheers...

Let me know if you need some backup catching the perpetrators.
Oh man, those are such cool pictures, hahaha. So THAT'S who Flash_Squirrel is. Anyway, preeeeetty nice pics, haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Tze
(from page 52)
Also... FEAR THE PINKNESS OF MY WALLS!!!!!!!!!!11111oneoneone
*scared* Maybe it's just me, but I can't really tell that your walls are pink. But as long as they're not REALLY pink, who cares! (urs would be called 'off-white'... just REALLY off white..)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob
(from page 52)
As this is a post about pictures and it's winter here, here's a themed picture.

btw if you can't figure it out... I'm pretending to be drunk, and looking rather dumb at it.
(picture is a few years old)
It was a good attempt. Maybe if you were slumping on the snowman or closer to it for the buddy look, you'd look more drunk. And have some bottles at your feet, but on it's side instead of standing up. But it was a good attempt nonetheless. And a wicked snowman too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephisto03
(from page 52)
Lets give this a try. Only pic of me in the last 2 years, seriously. This was from april 2002. OK, almost 2 years. And yes thats MY bike.
Pretty sweet bike! Makes me wish I had a motorcycle license and the $$$ to get something like that, hahaha. Not many motorcyclists here tho... and getting my driver's license was hard enough. NO MORE UGLY ROAD TESTS FOR MEEEEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcdonalds
(from page 53)
OMG, possibly longest thread possible, was just browsing animesuki forum due to boredom. Anyway, heres my pic
Heehee, that's one thing I never got. People look at the computer screen to see if their smiles and stuff are good before taking a picture with the webcam. But why don't people look back at the webcam before clicking the picture?

Ok, I just read this post again and it sounded reeeeeeeeally weird... I don't think I'm awake yet.... Back to sleep =.=;
megazone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-24, 14:18   Link #1072
megazone23

Ok, my turn to post up my pic. But I'm going to make it more interesting. I'm going to put up a recent group picture from a month ago (ok, so it's not too recent) and put up my kindergarden class picture and everyone can compare the two to see which two people look similar and guess who I am in both pictures. =P

(I hope I did the tags right... O.o")
megazone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-24, 15:14   Link #1073
diabolistic
pythagorean≠python gorax

Quote:
Originally Posted by megazone23
You kinda look like one of my friends.

i get that a lot.. usually from asian people too ^^;

"Hey, aren't you that guy i know.. Ricky Lam?"
"No."
"But, do you know Ricky?"
"No."

<Pabs> kcl, you sure do put out a lot of Naruto eps
diabolistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-24, 17:22   Link #1074
Joe Dalton

your the ugly 1 :fingers: j/k
Joe Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-24, 17:53   Link #1075
Cammie
Smooth and Curvy...

Quote:
Ok, my turn to post up my pic. But I'm going to make it more interesting. I'm going to put up a recent group picture from a month ago (ok, so it's not too recent) and put up my kindergarden class picture and everyone can compare the two to see which two people look similar and guess who I am in both pictures. =P

hmmm.... your the guy with the white long sleve shirt with the dark stripe front row second person to the left and the in the kindergarten picture your the one holding the sign in the blue sweater? just a wild guess?
Cammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-24, 19:54   Link #1076
KaeMeera

Quote:
Wow, this is hard... =/
Old 2004-01-24, 19:58   Link #1077
KaeMeera

Quote:
Originally Posted by GATX207_Blitz
BTW this is suppose to be a ciel cosplay from shingetsutan tsukhime
Really?! I thought of Shiki from Samurai Showdown when I saw it.
Old 2004-01-24, 23:12   Link #1078
MwyC

Send a message via AIM to MwyC Send a message via MSN to MwyC
nah..the tattoos on her arms are pure ciel
MwyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-26, 15:40   Link #1079
Ami_

Here's mine. You can think am I either the dog, or the stupid-looking boy.
Ami_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-26, 15:50   Link #1080
KaeMeera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ami_
Here's mine. You can think am I either the dog, or the stupid-looking boy.

Wow, you can type pretty damn good for being a dog! Nice coat, I have one just like it...

(Well, calling you a stupid looking boi would be an insult, wouldn't it?)

Tags
photo