AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2015-01-12, 04:46   Link #2041
Vegard Aune
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In the middle of nowhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somethindarker View Post
They shouldn't have done the extra season since it was originally planned to end it with the previous one.
Unless you're referring to the "seasons" here the way Nick seems to (aka, book 1 and 2 = season 1, and book 3 and 4 = season 2), then you're completely wrong here. Book 3 was, in fact, the only one where Mike and Bryan already knew as they were writing it that they were still getting another season after it. Heck, why do you think Book 3 was the only one that ended on an inconclusive note? They wouldn't have ended it with Korra in a wheelchair, horribly traumatized and clearly not well, if they didn't already know they were going to be able to follow up on it afterwards. Compare this to the first two books; Book 1 rushed to wrap up every loose end in a nice bow at the last second, and Book 2, while being somewhat more open-ended due to the Avatar-line being broken and the spirit-portals being opened, it still was written in such a way that if it was indeed the end of the series, it would still work as one. Then Book 3 comes along and reveals in the last five minutes that, hey, that battle had a serious impact on Korra and she's still not over it, but we're not going to clarify exactly how badly it messed her up because that's for the next season to handle.
__________________
Thinking of stuff to put in a signature is hard...
Vegard Aune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-12, 05:02   Link #2042
Somethindarker
Super Senior Elder Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Silent Hill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
Unless you're referring to the "seasons" here the way Nick seems to (aka, book 1 and 2 = season 1, and book 3 and 4 = season 2), then you're completely wrong here. Book 3 was, in fact, the only one where Mike and Bryan already knew as they were writing it that they were still getting another season after it. Heck, why do you think Book 3 was the only one that ended on an inconclusive note? They wouldn't have ended it with Korra in a wheelchair, horribly traumatized and clearly not well, if they didn't already know they were going to be able to follow up on it afterwards. Compare this to the first two books; Book 1 rushed to wrap up every loose end in a nice bow at the last second, and Book 2, while being somewhat more open-ended due to the Avatar-line being broken and the spirit-portals being opened, it still was written in such a way that if it was indeed the end of the series, it would still work as one. Then Book 3 comes along and reveals in the last five minutes that, hey, that battle had a serious impact on Korra and she's still not over it, but we're not going to clarify exactly how badly it messed her up because that's for the next season to handle.
I read somewhere there were originally supposed to be only 3 season I'm not going by books. You may be right just seems the show was a little long seasons 3-4 were just a chore to finish the ending brightened it up a bit but I still feel avatar needs a little more dark. Hopefully next season has a character picking up the pieces after an Avatar failed their mission, now THAT would be good. Shit maybe Korra could be the Avatar that ultimately failed I dunno too much happy endings but then again it's Nickelodeon.
__________________
Dig me up from under what is covering the better part of me.
<img src=images/as.global/smilies/smile.gif border=0 alt= title=Smile class=inlineimg />
Somethindarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-12, 07:15   Link #2043
Somethindarker
Super Senior Elder Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Silent Hill
@Levani

Yea that was pointed out already I read the article about the last two season wrong. Where did you get I wanted bloodbaths and gore I said dark as in a more desperate world where everything is truly dire? All I said was from the lore that's been established not all Avatars have succeeded in their missions and some have even straight up failed I'd like a series pick up at a point like that where the ending isn't "oh just another day in the life of an Avatar" but like I said it's Nickelodeon the series is meant for kids so I guess it's wrong to expect something like that. Personally I liked the ending Korra and Asami going off on vacation pretty much all the characters arc finished even Mako and Korra having that one moment it's all good.
__________________
Dig me up from under what is covering the better part of me.
<img src=images/as.global/smilies/smile.gif border=0 alt= title=Smile class=inlineimg />
Somethindarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-06, 02:30   Link #2044
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The top of the world.
Age: 28
Legend of Korra will return as three part graphic novel. It will continue from where the anime ended, and explore Korra's and Asami's relationship!

http://www.cbr.com/new-legend-of-kor...-release-date/
__________________
My Twitter account! Thanks to Godlike1889 for the sig!
milan kyuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-06, 12:30   Link #2045
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Entre caníbales...
Age: 24
I'm yet to read The Search and The Promise and they go and add some more comics to my backlog
__________________
Tómate el tiempo en desmenuzarme...
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-23, 05:08   Link #2046
Ulin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp View Post
I'm yet to read The Search and The Promise and they go and add some more comics to my backlog
And there are three more trilogies after those

I guess I should start watching Korra. I loved the first series but the change in the style was too much for me to handle watching Korra but I guess this could be a good moment... (before I spoiled myself even more)
Ulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-23, 05:28   Link #2047
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Paris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulin View Post
And there are three more trilogies after those

I guess I should start watching Korra. I loved the first series but the change in the style was too much for me to handle watching Korra but I guess this could be a good moment... (before I spoiled myself even more)
Well I for one liked very much the new art.
You should give it a try !
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-23, 05:50   Link #2048
Ulin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sageblink View Post
Well I for one liked very much the new art.
You should give it a try !
I didn't mean the art, more like the enviroment. Going from the first setting to a industrial revolution one was a bit hard and I couldn't get used to it

But I should really give it another chance, since almost everyone says that it is better than the first series
Ulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
avatar the last airbender, korra

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:19.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.