Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-12-18, 18:00   Link #21
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killua4Hire
Spoiler:
Thats exactly what I wan't to know. Spiral was very good in the begining lots of potential then it all went downhill. I was like o shit this show is cool then the next thing you know it ends with not a single question answered which the plot seemed to rely heavily on then tells us oh it doesn't matter anymore and it ends. Piece of crap.... ended just like E's Otherwise.

Last edited by Keitarou20; 2003-12-18 at 18:33. Reason: fixed sp and changed something
Old 2003-12-18, 18:09   Link #22
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Killua4Hire - Those are three questions that nobody knows the answers to. I don't think even the manga readers know the answers :\
Old 2003-12-18, 18:37   Link #23
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
ok, I just finished watching Spiral in import DVD...and I'm confused like hell. It didn't help that the sub was horrendous. Can someone who has seen the whow clarify the following points for me? Thanks!
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2003-12-19, 00:54   Link #24
Thelastguardian

the manga version has not even finish yet...
Old 2003-12-19, 01:49   Link #25
Killua4Hire

Send a message via AIM to Killua4Hire Send a message via MSN to Killua4Hire Send a message via Yahoo to Killua4Hire
Talking

Thank you so much guys! It doesn't really clear up much, but it feels good to know I wasn't the only one being utterly confused by this show . BTW, sorry about not using the spoiler tag, I'm new to the forum, I didn't know that thing existed, I'll make sure I use it from now on. Well...now I guess I'll go to watchign something a lil less damaging to my poor brain...like Yu Yu Hakushi
Old 2003-12-19, 02:14   Link #26
drvtech

To answer 2,

Spoiler:
Old 2003-12-19, 14:30   Link #27
Fronzel
Schmuck

You should get s fansub version, if you can. The Kraze and Empire versions are good.

Can someone please license it and the manga? It's one of the few things I've seen in fansub I'd want to buy, weak ending or not. And at least the ending wasn't like Sakura Diaries or Kare Kano (or so I hear for the latter), which is just "Stop. No More."

I like the irony that Rio is the sterotypical cute anime girl, but she also kills people, and the fact that Hiyono and Ayumu are adorable togerther, even if Ayumu is a wet blanket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvtech
Similar though process used by Ayanami. (empashis added)
Wrong show, friend. Hah! I mock your minor mistake!
Old 2003-12-19, 23:03   Link #28
drvtech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fronzel
Wrong show, friend. Hah! I mock your minor mistake!

Hehe, I apologize for the mistake. I should know better given that I at least followed and translated an episode of Spiral. But it was quite a while ago. ^_^.
Old 2003-12-28, 01:20   Link #29
kamij0

Quote:
ok, I just finished watching Spiral in import DVD...and I'm confused like hell. It didn't help that the sub was horrendous. Can someone who has seen the whow clarify the following points for me? Thanks!
Spoiler:
just finished watching spiral too,

Spoiler:
Old 2003-12-28, 17:05   Link #30
PocariSweat
ポカリが?どんな動物ですか?

Spiral is just one giant "Psyche!" of an anime. It sets itself up to be a mystery style show, but then just gets utterly lost in it's pointless bomb fetish and silly overwrought Batman style traps.

The fireworks factory is good example: First no one would generate *that* much static electricity without a Tesla coil strapped to their back. Even so, all Arumi had to do was touch a slightly non conductive object (like a cement wall, wood, or the floor) which will discharge you slowly enough not to spark (try it yourself sometimes). Taking off his shoes would do it too. Second, the whole "fight fire with fire" idea is probably based on using explosives to put out stuff like oil well fires. That doesn't make sense here though. The only way his bomb could be of any use would maybe be to blow a hole to escape through before the main bomb went off. That's hard enough to do without setting off the whole mess, but the show implies the bombs somehow canceled each other out long enough for him to escape.

It's quite a joke to have a mystery series where not ONE of the central questions are answered. Instead we have a fuzzy "I'm ok - you're ok" ending trying to convince us the real answers don't matter. It's kinda like a bad magician shouting "hey, look over there" to distract the audience as he stuffs a bunny down his trousers.
Old 2004-01-15, 00:34   Link #31
Adamjt

Spiral! Arg! Spoiler!

Spoiler

good anime but i waited the hole time just to find out what the Blade Children were and they never tell YOU! what the hell
Old 2004-01-15, 06:25   Link #32
kamij0

ahh .. seems like the blade children aint important in the 1st place
Old 2004-03-13, 22:57   Link #33
chamelean75

Maybe the reason why so many questions were left unanswered was because there may be a season 2? Anyone know if there will be a season 2?
Old 2004-03-13, 23:10   Link #34
wao
OK.

I think the case with Spiral is as it is with a lot of other anime; the manga simply hasn't finished and they decided to just stop there first. Damn you J.C. Staff. I WANT MORE SPIRAL!

I really really really really really want the manga to see how it continues. Gee... I agree the "ending" was one of the shittiest ever...

Hehe, despite the ridiculous parts of the show and other really erk parts, I still love it. XP It's one show I can truly say is love-or-hate... either you hate it to bits or you love it.
Old 2004-03-14, 04:37   Link #35
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
To echo what most people have already said, I was also quite disappointed in the ending.

Spoiler tags just in case.
Spoiler:
Old 2004-04-04, 21:43   Link #36
azndragnz2k

Spiral anime questions *Spoilers*

In the anime Spiral, i have just recently finshed it, but i;m somewhat left hanging. I don;'t understand what kiyotaka's purpose was and what Ayumu had to do, adn why were the blade children so unfortunate.

Can someone explain to me the ending of this anime or what's this whole thing suppose to mean?
Old 2004-04-04, 21:56   Link #37
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by azndragnz2k
In the anime Spiral, i have just recently finshed it, but i;m somewhat left hanging. I don;'t understand what kiyotaka's purpose was and what Ayumu had to do, adn why were the blade children so unfortunate.

Can someone explain to me the ending of this anime or what's this whole thing suppose to mean?
Unfortunately, I'm not sure anyone can do that, the anime was left *very* open-ended. I understand the manga is still running, so maybe more is explained there, but the anime explained virtually nothing. After 26 episodes, you still don't know who the Blade Children are, why they need to be exterminated, etc.--it's the kind of "ending" that made me delete Spiral off my HD pretty quickly...
Old 2004-04-04, 21:58   Link #38
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by azndragnz2k
I promise you that we'll tell you as soon as we find out.
Old 2004-04-04, 22:55   Link #39
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Spiral was one of those anime series that started while the manga was just beginning, then had to end before the manga was no where close to finishing, hence no one but the writer of the manga knew what the hell was going on.

The manga is being scanned/subbed already, though it is being released very slowly.

Last I heard, the manga is at around vol 7 or so.
Old 2004-04-05, 14:22   Link #40
baka
Apathy

Send a message via AIM to baka
if you were paying attention to it i will say you had to pay attention to almost every world of it to understand but i called this my overachievers anime . Well worth the time In my opinion. I wont give spoilers because I don't i believe it ruins it for the future enjoyment of anime fans who have not seen shows.
Closed Thread

Tags
drama, shounen