AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-04-06, 12:27   Link #1
musouka

Hanasakeru Seishounen

Seeing as how there appears to be no thread for this series yet, I thought I might as well make one so it doesn't slip between the cracks completely.

Hanasakeru Seishounen is by Itsuki Natsumi, probably best known in Japan for Yakumo Tatsu, but best known here for Juu-ou-sei. Her works tend to be interesting and complex, so for those of you that are expecting a typical "reverse harem" scenario, think again. (Most reverse harem series don't start off with a subplot in 1939 New York)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis from Baka-Updates
A very powerful industrialist directs his daughter to pick a husband from three candidates he has chosen for her. They are to come into her life, and their uniqueness would cause her to recognize them immediately. All three of the candidates are outstanding. Well, it’s actually four...
The story evolves along the lines of a power political mystery involving a small middle eastern country.
Directing is by Kon Chiaki (of Higurashi and Junjou Romantica fame), which is a definite plus for me. I liked her style in Higurashi, but Junjou was what really made her stand out to me, even though I ended up eventually dropping the series.

Also of interest--even to a person like me, who can barely remember seiyuu names--is the cast list:

Endo Aya is playing the lead, who has the headache-inducing name of Kajika Louisa Kugami Burnsworth.
Namikawa Daisuke is Rumati, and then Ono Daisuke as Eugene, Fukuyama Jun as Carl, and Morikawa Toshiyuki as Fan Li Ren.
ずっと変りはしない

Last edited by musouka; 2009-04-06 at 15:52. Reason: misspelling the author's name orz
musouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 12:29   Link #2
LKK

I certainly hope a sub group picks this up. It's been on my radar for some time now. Glad to see there's finally a thread for this. Hopefully it'll get more buzz as a result.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 12:33   Link #3
musouka

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
I certainly hope a sub group picks this up. It's been on my radar for some time now. Glad to see there's finally a thread for this. Hopefully it'll get more buzz as a result.
I believe there was a group listed on the "who's subbing what" list, so I'll keep my fingers crossed. Shoujo actually tends to do okay on their board as compared to others, so I was a little surprised to see no one had bothered to make a thread...
ずっと変りはしない
musouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 16:00   Link #4
BluWacky
尻の竜

Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka View Post
I believe there was a group listed on the "who's subbing what" list, so I'll keep my fingers crossed. Shoujo actually tends to do okay on their board as compared to others, so I was a little surprised to see no one had bothered to make a thread...
I was sat at work today (having managed to watch the first 15 minutes of the show before leaving) thinking about this - I mean, NeoSam posts threads for EVERYTHING, why didn't we get one for this show?

Anyway. I thought the first episode was great, although I fully acknowledge that I've been hyped up for this show for months (I loved most of Jyu-Oh-Sei and what little I've read of Demon Sacred) and deliberately champion underdog shows for some unknown reason. Kajika's a great central character, and I'm looking forward to discovering the substance behind the harem-like premise.
BluWacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 23:05   Link #5
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka View Post
Seeing as how there appears to be no thread for this series yet, I thought I might as well make one so it doesn't slip between the cracks completely.

Hanasakeru Seishounen is by Itsuki Natsumi, probably best known in Japan for Yakumo Tatsu, but best known here for Juu-ou-sei. Her works tend to be interesting and complex, so for those of you that are expecting a typical "reverse harem" scenario, think again. (Most reverse harem series don't start off with a subplot in 1939 New York)

Directing is by Kon Chiaki (of Higurashi and Junjou Romantica fame), which is a definite plus for me. I liked her style in Higurashi, but Junjou was what really made her stand out to me, even though I ended up eventually dropping the series.

Also of interest--even to a person like me, who can barely remember seiyuu names--is the cast list:

Endo Aya is playing the lead, who has the headache-inducing name of Kajika Louisa Kugami Burnsworth.
Namikawa Daisuke is Rumati, and then Ono Daisuke as Eugene, Fukuyama Jun as Carl, and Morikawa Toshiyuki as Fan Li Ren.
wow, talk about a reversed harem anime. this is the type of Plot that i have been waiting for a long time. It is obvious that she has some feelings for the Lee-ren which she projected to the pet.
It is obvious that Lee-ren is not happy about the game thing. It will be interesting to see who she chooses. also, this is going to be 39 episodes long(the pain)
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 23:17   Link #6
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Perhaps NeoSam is too manly to have such thoughts such as the ones that girls can have harem too? Don't kill me.

The reason I don't follow reverse harem because there isn't enough fan-service. I know for a harem series that I can always look forward to a mandatory beach-episode. Why can't reverse harem have one in a regular basis? Surely the idea the dudes donning on their trunks and a healthy application of sunscreen to look pica-pica (shiny) isn't too far out of the generic equation of fanservice. The camera can also focus on the flexing muscle, some pecs' action... and a crotch-shot for the finishing touch. Not too shavvy.

I'll check out the first episode since LKK-sensei is showing interest in it.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 00:06   Link #7
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Perhaps NeoSam is too manly to have such thoughts such as the ones that girls can have harem too? Don't kill me.

The reason I don't follow reverse harem because there isn't enough fan-service. I know for a harem series that I can always look forward to a mandatory beach-episode. Why can't reverse harem have one in a regular basis? Surely the idea the dudes donning on their trunks and a healthy application of sunscreen to look pica-pica (shiny) isn't too far out of the generic equation of fanservice. The camera can also focus on the flexing muscle, some pecs' action... and a crotch-shot for the finishing touch. Not too shavvy.

yeah, there is very few reverse anime around. you have to consider that the source material is 15 year old.they didn't use the character design for the girl looking at some images for the manga. I searched around and couldn't find much information about the show or its ending. It is official though...

Anyone that have read the last volume of the manga and can spoil who she chooses in the manga?

Last edited by monir; 2009-04-07 at 00:26. Reason: manga spoiler removed
Old 2009-04-07, 00:30   Link #8
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
Anyone that have read the last volume of the manga and can spoil who she chooses in the manga?
I removed the manga spoiler, Golthin. You can always start a manga thread for this title in the Manga section and discuss the particulars there. Let's try our best to keep the anime-only viewers as spoiler-free as possible.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 01:46   Link #9
rio

Thank you Thank you Thank you
Thank you for making Hanasakeru Seishounen thread ^^

I really considered to make Hanasakeru Seishounen thread, but hesitated a bit since i haven't made any threads and don't know what i write in that first post; but when i decided to try to make the thread, i found you made it ^-^ So i am really glad !!

I am really big fan of Hanasakeru Seishounen, so i am very happy that the series became Anime. ^-^
Old 2009-04-07, 02:11   Link #10
Irkalla
I asked for this

Watched the raw and it's My inner fangirl just can't resist a reverse harem, even less if it has such a big seiyu galore. Also somebody NEEDS to spoil me with manga spoilers.
Old 2009-04-07, 02:25   Link #11
golthin

Quote:
I removed the manga spoiler, Golthin. You can always start a manga thread for this title in the Manga section and discuss the particulars there. Let's try our best to keep the anime-only viewers as spoiler-free as possible.
actually the spoiler i put there is also in the first post , i got my info from another board and didn't notice that it was already quoted here. I didn't notice that when i went to do search for the manga. . of course you have to read between the lines to get to that conclusion.

Spoiler for misunderstanding from first episode and summaries:

don't forget to watch the preview for next episode and watch Li Ren closely.

Last edited by golthin; 2009-04-07 at 03:43.
Old 2009-04-07, 07:43   Link #12
LKK

Quote:
also, this is going to be 39 episodes long(the pain)
Is it really going to be 39 episodes long?? Where did you hear that?

Quote:
If what I heard is correct, this series is mostly set in the Middle East. Warm climate, plenty of opportunities for some fanservice. Although, I don't know yet if this is the type of series that will go in for that sort of thing.
Spoiler for ep 1:

Quote:
I don't know what to say to that. .... I'm flattered though.

One thing I'm looking forward to is the fact that this is based on a finished manga. I don't know how it ends and I don't want to know. But knowing that it does end leads me to hope that the series might come to a conclusion which is somewhat rare nowadays. I'm a little tired of series that don't reach a conclusion. A problem that frequently occurs with series based on in-progress manga or novel series.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous

Last edited by LKK; 2009-04-07 at 07:48. Reason: added thought about series conclusion
Old 2009-04-07, 08:25   Link #13
golthin

Quote:
One thing I'm looking forward to is the fact that this is based on a finished manga. I don't know how it ends and I don't want to know. But knowing that it does end leads me to hope that the series might come to a conclusion which is somewhat rare nowadays. I'm a little tired of series that don't reach a conclusion. A problem that frequently occurs with series based on in-progress manga or novel series.
you probably don't have to worry about finding how it ends. I searched and searched and couldn't find a summary for the manga. The manga first 5 chapters were translated and there is a raw for volume 2. the manga is out of print or not listed in all the places I searched.
hopefully with the anime they do a reprint of the manga.
Old 2009-04-07, 08:37   Link #14
LKK

Quote:
you probably don't have to worry about finding how it ends. I searched and searched and couldn't find a summary for the manga.
A LiveJournal friend offered to spoil me for the ending before the first episode even aired. I told her thanks, but no thanks. There is an LJ community for Hanasakeru Seishounen. If you're an LJ member, you can join the comm and ask for spoilers there. The comm's founder knows how the series ends and would love to have new members join.

Old 2009-04-07, 08:45   Link #15
golthin

Quote:
A LiveJournal friend offered to spoil me for the ending before the first episode even aired. I told her thanks, but no thanks. There is an LJ community for Hanasakeru Seishounen. If you're an LJ member, you can join the comm and ask for spoilers there. The comm's founder knows how the series ends and would love to have new members join.
thanks for the info. I will go and search that. I never been to that site so how you get there?
By the way, the 39 episodes comes from animenation and they got it from an interview with one of the seiyuu for the show.
Old 2009-04-07, 08:59   Link #16
LKK

Quote:
thanks for the info. I will go and search that. I never been to that site so how you get there?
LiveJournal main page

Hanasakeru Seishounen LJ community info page

Quote:
By the way, the 39 episodes comes from animenation and they got it from an interview with one of the seiyuu for the show.
I'm surprised that the producers would have made an upfront committment for a such long series. I'm doubly surprised since the show has next-to-no buzz here in the West.

Old 2009-04-07, 09:19   Link #17
golthin

Quote:
LiveJournal main page

Hanasakeru Seishounen LJ community info page

I'm surprised that the producers would have made an upfront committment for a such long series. I'm doubly surprised since the show has next-to-no buzz here in the West.
well, Saiunkoku Monogatari even with the license is also a sleeper here in west. it seems shoujo always get at least 2 or 3 cours in my experience.
Old 2009-04-07, 14:11   Link #18
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

I'm Looking forward to this, just saw the first episode and is very promising
I REALLY hope a group picks this up
Foreshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 21:50   Link #19
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I just saw ep1, and if it fulfills the promise I saw, 39 eps isn't too long. I found the story interesting and the characters individual. Endou Aya's Kajika is a very attractive character. We'll see what they can do with the premise.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 22:42   Link #20
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I just saw ep1, and if it fulfills the promise I saw, 39 eps isn't too long. I found the story interesting and the characters individual. Endou Aya's Kajika is a very attractive character. We'll see what they can do with the premise.
It will be fun to see the Shipping wars in this gem. I will restrain myself from spoiling anyone about the ending. I wanted to watch the anime, but I didn't want to invest my heart on a pairing. 39 episodes is a long way to go and I didn't think I could survive it. I am just going to enjoy the show at its fullest without worrying about the romantic side of things. I want to thank LKK for pointing me the way to a place where I was able to find the information I was looking for.

Last edited by golthin; 2009-04-11 at 23:49.

Tags
romance, shoujo