AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2021-11-06, 13:07   Link #1
Servo

we r no strangers to love

So have u ever been in love? or are you in love?
what do u think about love? and whats ur experience been....

as for me well I am in sate in cant fall in love anymore , not that I am sad or hut not at all but I have fair share of it so dont want it anymore lol

enjoying my single life to fullest

what about u?
Servo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-11, 18:44   Link #2
Strahan

Yup. I've had a fair share of childhood crushes, then three and a quarter loves. The quarter was a girl who was basically just there, lol. My friend dumped her and she had nowhere to go, so I offered my spare bedroom. Ended up hooking up due to proximity and that both of us were single and lonely. Wasn't really much of a flame though.

Then the chick who I'd have called my soul mate turned out to be a whore. Well, no, a slut. She didn't get paid after all lol. Found out she slept around. Forgave her, then a year later she confesses she's been cheating again and left me for another guy. I knew the guy, he molested her when she was 12 (and he was 21). Left me for a real catch, lol. I was livid then, but ran into her at the supermarket years ago and told her it's water under the bridge and that I have no grudge. Felt good to cut that resentment loose. I held a grudge for over a decade over that, but realized I didn't care anymore. It helped that I had found a great girlfriend after.

The great girlfriend though is nine years younger than me, met her when she was 21. So she was right at the "yay I can drink" age and I was already long past it. Wasn't bad at first, but four years down the road she was going to the bar literally every day. Told her I can't deal with that, had an amicable split. We're still best friends to this day. People think it's really weird I can be best friends with a woman, and good friends with her husband too. He's a fellow anime fan, heh.

So now I'm forty-six and single for the last thirteen years. I don't really miss love. Being alone means I don't have to worry about coordinating with anyone; I do what I want, when I want. When I want to share experiences with someone, I have my best friend ex. She'll come over sometimes to use my theater PC for movies so I end up watching with her, making dinner. Like a date, just no romance to it. Just how I like it, no awkwardness or expectations. If I do get the urge for, ahem, physical gratification well... it's a family forum so I'll just say I make a six figure salary and let you figure that out

So I'd say that while I would not be opposed to the idea of dating, it honestly sounds exhausting and thus I'm not actively seeking it. Plus I wouldn't even try until I dropped about sixty pounds. I'm 263# @ 6' 2". The height thankfully helps carry it better, but still have a bit of a gut. Like a beer gut, but really an IT nerd that sits all day, loves to cook but doesn't exercise enough gut lol
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote