AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 11 14.29%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 32.47%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 24.68%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 12.99%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 15.58%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-20, 01:30   Link #121
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
Shana's tsundere traits are passing on to you. That could be good or bad, but I'll go with bad, especially if you're a guy.

Yes, there is. Even in anime and such, the existence of overanalysation is apparent, did you see Death Note or Code Geass?
Of course, some people think too little all the time to ever think too much about a certain subject, so overanalysation may be incomprehensible to them.
Only one thing to say cause I'm very tired... I love your Avatar... lol
Old 2008-02-20, 01:48   Link #122
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Hmmm... just watched this episode. Not sure if it's because of Clannad, which is rather fast-paced, that this episode (and the past one) feels a bit slow. However, I'm pretty satisfied with it (and with the past one as well). Plus, Shana is so cute while talking to Chigusa. :3

Also, it's been a while since I last saw Chigusa open her eyes... Is it a recent trend that the eyes-shut-all-the-time characters suddenly follow the fashion of opening their eyes? O_o;;

On the other hand, I love the new ED. It fits with the atmosphere of the series pretty well and makes the end of the episode somewhat more memorable.

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
Old 2008-02-20, 08:39   Link #123
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

Wow.... nice episode...
I would like to see Yuji fighting....
Because I want to see a guy fighting too.... not always the girls (cause all the flame haze that has been fighting are all girls except for Kashim though)
Old 2008-02-20, 10:06   Link #124
Ratix

Send a message via AIM to Ratix Send a message via MSN to Ratix
Oh shana was so awesome in this episode... New Shana clothes = <3.
Old 2008-02-20, 15:41   Link #125
Paul
Bakka Baka!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiachopvutru View Post
Hmmm... just watched this episode. Not sure if it's because of Clannad, which is rather fast-paced, that this episode (and the past one) feels a bit slow. However, I'm pretty satisfied with it (and with the past one as well). Plus, Shana is so cute while talking to Chigusa. :3
Yea i feel the same way about the pace. At first i thought things were actually moving WAY TOO fast, because i felt that by the end of the episode Yuiji would already leave with Shana........ then when the second part of the episode kicked in everything seemed to just be getting slower and slower and it was easily understandable that Yuiji was just in a state of confusion.

I was like FINALLY when shana asked yuiji to go buy melon bread with her and then i was just like WTF when he declined....... Oh well, maybe next episode will have shana say Yurusai, Yurusai, and then suddenly stop
Old 2008-02-20, 17:19   Link #126
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Oh well, maybe next episode will have shana say Yurusai, Yurusai, and then suddenly stop
I feel like that would put the universe in a state of deadlock.
Old 2008-02-20, 23:02   Link #127
DX HBK
I'm the Showstopper!

The triple urusai have been left too long in the dark.
Just hearing them is definite proof of Shana's trademark.
It must be all or nothing because anything else ruins the whole lyric.
Shana would yell the triple urusai and then deliver some Sweet Chin Music.
Old 2008-02-21, 02:18   Link #128
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Am I the only one who was annoyed by this episode? Yuji FINALLY drops his dumb harem guy persona and actually works towards something, and every single character in the show is all over his balls for it. I can't really fault Yuji for the things he said in this episode as they were absolutely correct. Sometimes the cold hard truth is best. If he goes back to standing around like a moron and screaming his lungs out whenever a Tomogara shows up, I can only blame the other characters for halting his growth. And yes, his speech to Yoshida was golden and it should have happened 3 episodes back before my patience got on a bus and left town.
Old 2008-02-21, 04:26   Link #129
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
Am I the only one who was annoyed by this episode? Yuji FINALLY drops his dumb harem guy persona and actually works towards something, and every single character in the show is all over his balls for it. I can't really fault Yuji for the things he said in this episode as they were absolutely correct. Sometimes the cold hard truth is best. If he goes back to standing around like a moron and screaming his lungs out whenever a Tomogara shows up, I can only blame the other characters for halting his growth. And yes, his speech to Yoshida was golden and it should have happened 3 episodes back before my patience got on a bus and left town.
To be honest, I didn't really understand what that whole conversation was about. It's a bit too vague, but it seems like they are angry because he's feeling too sorry and being a bit too pessimistic.

Yuji now is being rather desperate, though, so instead of running over (since the situation doesn't permit walking), he's jumping from one end of the spectrum to the other end. =/

On the other hand, wasn't it around the same episode that they decided to leave the city in the last season?

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
Old 2008-02-21, 05:53   Link #130
greyhawk
Some dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiachopvutru View Post
To be honest, I didn't really understand what that whole conversation was about. It's a bit too vague, but it seems like they are angry because he's feeling too sorry and being a bit too pessimistic.
Er, I don't think he's either feeling sorry or being pessimistic. He just stopped being a wuss and suddenly everyone won't give him the time of day, just what kind of fussy logic is that?
Spoiler for Offensive:
Old 2008-02-21, 06:59   Link #131
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
Am I the only one who was annoyed by this episode? Yuji FINALLY drops his dumb harem guy persona and actually works towards something, and every single character in the show is all over his balls for it.
Hmm...Well, first of all, he's literally working towards this 'something' without really taking the advice of the experts in the field-Margery, in particular. It just didn't feel like Sakai Yuuji at all, to reject advice regarding 'spellcasting' from an expert and causing her to put off training for a day because of his obstinacy. I highly doubt the Flame Hazes or even their Ous are belittling Yuuji (Praised him for his apparent change in attitude, even), but since they know what it's like to be training, you ought to listen to them before shooting your mouth off and biting off more than you can chew.

To put it simply, Yuuji dude, this isn't a typical Shounen anime.

His urgency is understandable, but his attitude isn't.

Quote:
I can't really fault Yuji for the things he said in this episode as they were absolutely correct. Sometimes the cold hard truth is best. If he goes back to standing around like a moron and screaming his lungs out whenever a Tomogara shows up, I can only blame the other characters for halting his growth.
Absolutely correct? As in which of his statements?

And what's there to blame? Shana was worried about him, Kazumi was worried about him, Margery was dishing out advice as an expert in her field. They are either concerned or trying to help him. What's wrong with that?

I think I mentioned earlier that Yuuji was actually lying to himself in those conversations he had. Of course, I was convinced at first that some sort of iron will was born in him, but the thing is, he isn't even paying attention to Shana when she asked him to come with her to buy Melon-pan, the very person whom he said he would go with away from the city. It's hypocritical in a sense, and I assume that might be why Shana felt something was off.

In another case, when he was talking to Shana about leaving the city, it seemed as though he was somewhat worried about his mother. His attempt to make the whole thing casual was poor. If Yuuji had really decided on leaving the 'human' world behind, he should have taken the initiative to make sure there was nothing he could worry about.

As much as his attitude is commendable, and I would love to see him in action with Blutsauger, I don't like this kind of half-assed resolve from him, and maybe Zarovee might actually help him truly strengthen that.

EDIT: I know I'm one of the few who disapproves, but perhaps we can take the Kazumi-bashing somewhere, say, into a character discussion thread, hmm?
Old 2008-02-21, 07:51   Link #132
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

His resolve isn't half assed, its how he's going about it.

Shana agrees with everything Yuji is saying, but its whats behind the words is whats bothering her. Shana wants Yuji to go with her out of love, not out of necessity. Yoshida wants Yuji to dump her cause he doesn't love her in that fashion, not out of necessity. Everyone doesn't like the fact that he's trying to discard his previous self completely, he should at least keep his old caring self.. but I think thats a bit difficult to do... but then again, I still see the ending as Yuji and Shana being eternal super heroes who protects the world from Tomogara.

Whats ironic is, is that Yuji is in love with Shana, and vice versa, but neither party knows that... And whats odd is, is that even Kazumi knows that Yuji only has shana in his eyes, but, she's still sticking around.... that b**** annoys me to no bounds.... and I hate that she's in the "heroes line-up" in the intro when she has ZERO contribution to the group other than unnecessary drama...
Old 2008-02-21, 08:31   Link #133
DX HBK
I'm the Showstopper!

Yuji is unconsciously allowing the events to change him.
And that has only served to push him over the cup's rim.
Once innocence is lost, his nature surely has shifted towards pessimism.
Perhaps he's seeking to conceal his own turmoil with false optimism.
He's getting effective in manuevering his requests past the Flame Haze.
Yet, his allies are wondering if Yuji is mentally lost in his own maze.
Old 2008-02-21, 08:53   Link #134
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
His resolve isn't half assed, its how he's going about it.
Not half-assed? Maybe an explanation about the conversation he had with Shana about Chigusa is in order. He might not know it, but it could be a subconscious action. He was still worried about his mother, that's for sure.

Quote:
Shana agrees with everything Yuji is saying, but its whats behind the words is whats bothering her. Shana wants Yuji to go with her out of love, not out of necessity. Yoshida wants Yuji to dump her cause he doesn't love her in that fashion, not out of necessity.
You got the first part half-right. It might or might not be love (to us it's pretty obvious, but to her, it might be a different story), but as long as he's going for the sake of her and not simply because of his own interests i.e. because he's becoming a liability to the safety of the city. At that point in time he showed that he was more concerned about his own pride than the intentions he wanted to go through with in the first place.

As for Kazumi, it's the same issue. It might be the same with males in a similar situation, that while Yuuji thought what he was doing is correct, and that he's telling the truth, the fact is he's only referring to the truth that he perceives to be correct. In other words, he's own opinion of what he should be doing with little regard (probably unintentional) to the feelings of the people who would be affected by his decisions.

Quote:
Whats ironic is, is that Yuji is in love with Shana, and vice versa, but neither party knows that... And whats odd is, is that even Kazumi knows that Yuji only has shana in his eyes, but, she's still sticking around.... ***Snipped***
The girl's fighting in her own way, and I really feel for her this episode, because of Yuuji's actions. Was she all to blame for her continuous and probably fruitless quest for Yuuji?

Partly, yes. Her attitude when giving Yuuji the first bento was one of escapism. It was as though she was speaking and leaving quickly so that Yuuji would not have a chance to voice out any second thoughts he might have in accepting. In reality, she would never win because she thinks she has lost.

The man has some answering to do here too, because you don't just keep accepting a girl's handmade lunch to you day after day then suddenly reject her for some reason laced with strange logic.

Anyway, it's not as though I'm pissed at Yuuji, because this is all part of his development as a character.
Old 2008-02-21, 09:33   Link #135
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

This episode was somewhat of a letdown, and i couldn't shrug the feeling something is of. Technically all the angsting around makes sense to a degree ... and doesn't at the same time. Everything is suddenly doom and gloom and i am left scratching my head why it all went down the drain so quickly ... then again Shana S2 has been "great" at creating second hand drama whenever the relationships are involved, so maybe i shouldn't be surprised.

Well, lets hope that next week Yuji straightens his resolve instead of being over-eager and hotheaded about it, and lets hope everyone else stops overreacting towards it. Seeing that those assassin guys ambushed him at the end, i wonder if he is going to put any of his newfound "skills" to use ... though chances are he will fail miserably Oh well, we shall see how this all develops, but i am leaving this episode with an odd taste in my mouth.
Old 2008-02-21, 09:59   Link #136
Paul
Bakka Baka!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX HBK View Post
Yuji is unconsciously allowing the events to change him.
And that has only served to push him over the cup's rim.
Once innocence is lost, his nature surely has shifted towards pessimism.
Perhaps he's seeking to conceal his own turmoil with false optimism.
He's getting effective in manuevering his requests past the Flame Haze.
Yet, his allies are wondering if Yuji is mentally lost in his own maze.
I guess il be the first person to say "nice poem!" especially lines 3 and 4

Forgot to mention this in my previous post but aren't the current Tomogara somewhat "funny" looking? I mean that guy who controlled the magnets looked like some imp from a kids fairy-tale and whats up with that giant tower that has a flaming head and tentacles? Im not saying i don't like them, but its just so different from the likes of Friagne........
Old 2008-02-21, 13:31   Link #137
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Im not saying i don't like them, but its just so different from the likes of Friagne........
Style is hard to come by.

Hecate has a nice hat.
Old 2008-02-21, 13:35   Link #138
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Style is hard to come by.

Hecate has a nice hat.
lol..uh... Hecates hat is considered a good sense of fashion? lol
Old 2008-02-21, 15:25   Link #139
Paul
Bakka Baka!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
lol..uh... Hecates hat is considered a good sense of fashion? lol
Hecate's hat is awesome!

If i were a girl, i would SOOOOOOO wear it!
Old 2008-02-21, 15:47   Link #140
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Half assed is when you don't put everything you have into it. Like when you decide to train in a martial arts, instead of putting everything you have into every punch you just swing your arm with nothing behind it. The term half-assed isn't the proper one to use in this scenario, as he is taking everything seriously.

We all know Yuji is going to leave to protect everyone and everything thats in the city, he's just disassociating himself to make the transition easier.

And you know Yuji took the bento's because he didn't want to hurt her feelings, he resolved himself in this episode to finally stop leading Kazumi along, he knows he doesn't care for her in that fashion, otherwise he would've returned her feelings a long time ago. How he went about it was wrong though. He should've told her straight out that he doesn't love her, it would've made things a little easier.

On a side note, if you were a girl, you would have better fashion sense and not think the hat is awesome, lol XP
Closed Thread