AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2012-09-10, 09:31   Link #61
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

I really don't see what's so impressive about this movie. The animation doesn't look that impressive. If it's done by 1 person I know it's pretty difficult to reach movie animation standards just by yourself. IMO in comparison Shinkai's work is a lot better.
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 09:48   Link #62
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Yeah, it may not look all that impressive ... but the man was crazy enough to do it, so that at least should account for something ...

That and it's pretty retro looking, so that's pretty cool too.
Old 2012-09-10, 10:51   Link #63
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haohmaru View Post
I really don't see what's so impressive about this movie. The animation doesn't look that impressive. If it's done by 1 person I know it's pretty difficult to reach movie animation standards just by yourself. IMO in comparison Shinkai's work is a lot better.
What's impressive is that it's basically an animated manga by the creator of Five Star Stories. Creatively it's interesting that he decided to make a new property into an animated film instead of just writing another manga series.

You can tell that the layouts are not that of a seasoned animator or director, but rather reminiscent of the layouts you would expect in 2-page comic spreads and various comic panels. The way the project is being approached and the person doing it makes it interesting, not the animation quality.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 11:05   Link #64
Lenneth4

Send a message via MSN to Lenneth4
Quote:
Originally Posted by j0x View Post
i already saw those videos and that is where i learn about Sakuga too
Ouch ! sorry dude

Haohmaru
It's simple , look again on the mechas design , Mamoru nagano make usually one of the most complex design ever
Seriously it's very hard , almost impossible to animate it in 2d in a impressive way.

It should have been in 3d cell shading but i'm not a fan of this , so i applause his courage to do it in 2d !
Lenneth4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 17:25   Link #65
potchip

Most fans probably are hoping for an 'out-there' movie that only appeals to fans and a commercial flop, so that Nagano would stop playing fantasy star online and get back to FSS Otherwise you might see him playing MMRPG until he's 70!
potchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 21:55   Link #66
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

Part of what makes storytelling great in anime is how you use animation to make it complete. It's too early to say anything about it yet, but from what I've seen in the trailer. It's not that impressive imo. Maybe the story and characters can make up for it.
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 22:29   Link #67
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haohmaru View Post
It won't be boring like Shinkai's work at least. The mech designs alone will be worth seeing.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 23:17   Link #68
potchip

The thing that distinguishes Gothicmade is that 99% of animes made today are for a profit - like pirates 2/3/4 and follows a formula that makes money. Nagano is doing this for himself, and has only himself to please. This is from someone who basically doing whatever the hell he wants, because he earned enough money from his work 2 decades ago to live the lifestyle he wanted. One thing is certain, it will be different. And retro. Some may dislike the gorgeous background cell at the expense of fluid animation, some may not.
potchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 17:41   Link #69
Domonkazu

I expect something original, anyway char design was never his forte, however his mecha design is awesome, and the way he interprete his the world is quite bizarre and unique.

Five Star Stories is one of my favourite oldies, it still very good for something made in 1989, better than most anime released in mid 90's.
take a look at this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkcQv3pXnTQ
Domonkazu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 18:49   Link #70
Lenneth4

Send a message via MSN to Lenneth4
well FSS is a movie so it's a bit normal for the high quality

But yeah it a great movie , too bad , mamoru hated it.

Please someone to translate the whole five star stories manga and release it , also i want a tv series !
I hate mamoru for playing Mmo's all the time , damned !
Lenneth4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 11:11   Link #71
Ialdaboth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenneth4 View Post
Please someone to translate the whole five star stories manga and release it , also i want a tv series !
The manga has already been translated into english.
Old 2012-09-27, 09:43   Link #72
JKL
Kyuuketsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
It won't be boring like Shinkai's work at least. The mech designs alone will be worth seeing.
Haha! This.
JKL is offline   Reply With Quote