Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-09-23, 18:07   Link #421
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I prefer kenichi fights since they have a more realistic feel.. the masters fights feel too DBZish...
I like it more when kenichi struggles to survive under his master's training. The level of fear and terror they achieved on kenichi is more amazing than his progress of martial arts xD
incube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-23, 22:08   Link #422
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Realism never existed in anime.

lol jk, I guess I just prefer the superhuman fights.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 16:45   Link #423
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

I kinda found the latest translated chapters disturbing. I didn't think Miu was that type of girl to be so easily swayed by a handsome face. In the past, the Miu I know would have just kicked that crap out of that kid once he said he had info on her father and started trying to black mail her. One would get the impression that she wasn't exactly against the idea of partnering up with that guy and not just in the fighting sense. She seemed attracted to him even though he's the type to blackmail a girl. Doesn't seem very consistent with her personality in the earlier chapters.

Also I thought at this point she was pretty well in love with Kenichi but I guess not. Hmm, it will be interesting to see were her loyalties lay in the future chapters. I hope she doesn't turn into evil Miu.
Old 2008-09-24, 17:51   Link #424
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

er... you read it completely wrong. There was no way she was swayed by him. She only knew he was connected with her father and that was all that mattered.

As far as Kenichi is concerned, she's not aware of her feelings yet. She don't understand why she gets jealous and feels uneasy everytime another girl hits on him. She's still naive.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 17:52   Link #425
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Well the masters are in a different level and Kenichi is only dealing with more or less the same level as he is.
Old 2008-09-24, 21:52   Link #426
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

No I didn't read it wrong. Go back and look at the scenes with her and him up in the tree. She is making googly eyes at him like she would have if her and Kenichi were up close.
Old 2008-09-24, 21:59   Link #427
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

What the heck are you talking about? there's no googly eyes. Barely even a glance.
Old 2008-09-24, 22:24   Link #428
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

Whatever. I see it differently. I would be happy to be wrong about it though. I'll just have to wait until I see how the story progresses.
Old 2008-09-24, 23:01   Link #429
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine-Tails-Nin View Post
No I didn't read it wrong. Go back and look at the scenes with her and him up in the tree. She is making googly eyes at him like she would have if her and Kenichi were up close.
I agree with HayashiTakara.... you are misunderstanding it. Miu was just helping to save the bird and when he mentioned her father's name, something ticked inside her.... after all we know how much Miu yearned for a family. She was confused... not because she had feelings for that guy but wether she should look for her father or not. And it was Kenichi that waked up and made her realize her mistake. At the end she apologized to him...

As for that guy taking advantage of her.... as far as i remember Miu seems to be taken adavantage of her innocence and naiveness all the time... but the only person she cares and trusts is Kenichi.

Her reaction when she found out he was from Yami... first thing she thought of was Kenichi's safety

The only reason she stopped was because of her father

Here you can see what she was thinking....

And here how Kenichi made her come to her senses.

Old 2008-09-24, 23:12   Link #430
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Well, enough about that, how about that Tanimoto-kun going on a date with Honoka? XD
Old 2008-09-25, 01:38   Link #431
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Well, enough about that, how about that Tanimoto-kun going on a date with Honoka? XD
It was so good lol... Kenichi asking why was he there... Honoka appearing and then silence.... and kenichi saying : "Tanimoto...?"

Btw i was wondering... is Miu's grandfather considered one of Kenichi's masters or he is only the elder / head of the dojo. He is like the "master" of Kenichi's masters.
Old 2008-09-25, 02:25   Link #432
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
I would say so, although he's not formally his master. He did teach him the Seikuuken and philosophy in a way after all.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 03:35   Link #433
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine-Tails-Nin View Post
I kinda found the latest translated chapters disturbing. I didn't think Miu was that type of girl to be so easily swayed by a handsome face. In the past, the Miu I know would have just kicked that crap out of that kid once he said he had info on her father and started trying to black mail her. One would get the impression that she wasn't exactly against the idea of partnering up with that guy and not just in the fighting sense. She seemed attracted to him even though he's the type to blackmail a girl. Doesn't seem very consistent with her personality in the earlier chapters.

Also I thought at this point she was pretty well in love with Kenichi but I guess not. Hmm, it will be interesting to see were her loyalties lay in the future chapters. I hope she doesn't turn into evil Miu.
Blackmail her? He didn't do anything bad. He came on a bit strong, but she tried to kick him first - he only defended himself, and not very violently at that. The bit about her father was just a bit of tit for tat, not blackmail. And all he asked was an opportunity to show her what he was about... That really isn't much.

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2008-09-25 at 07:11.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 05:16   Link #434
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Ohhh Ken-chan looks jealous and at the same time worried, also there's somewhat of a past related to Miu's dad. That makes a chapter interesting and compelling, better start reading Kenichi again.
Old 2008-09-25, 06:42   Link #435
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

Well if that many people are telling me i'm wrong I guess I'll concede. I guess I was seeing things that weren't there. I have seen that angle taken in so many mangas maybe I'm gun-shy. I was getting the feeling the author was gonna try and hit us with the evil-miu thing and it kinda pissed me off, cause I love my Miu the way she has been.

If I knew how to link images I would show the pages that I was talking about, because those ones above aren't the ones I was talking about.
Old 2008-09-25, 06:46   Link #436
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

ooopsie mod plz erase.

Last edited by TooPurePureBoy; 2008-09-25 at 14:53. Reason: double posting isnt cool
TooPurePureBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 07:10   Link #437
Tri-ring

For those interested, here are last week's and this week's title pages.

Spoiler for To save space:
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 07:23   Link #438
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Maybe Miu's dad went to the dark side and that is why his name wasnt on the gravestone. Or perphaps he commited crimes bad enough to be kicked out of the family and thus not being in the gravestone...
Old 2008-09-25, 08:03   Link #439
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

By the looks of it, he's alive and in Yami. Why would his name be on a gravestone?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 08:37   Link #440
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ring View Post
For those interested, here are last week's and this week's title pages.

Spoiler for To save space:
Pretty cool images. Seems Miu on the first pic is a Yandare, but she had that tendency whenever she's in a fight.

Tags
shounen