AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2011-08-03, 01:18   Link #1821
trenton_dawn
Silt

Okay, glad that fixed everything. For future reference, whenever there's a .gpx version of a song available I add the link to the master list. SirSlarty and FoReIgnMoLe both do their tabbing in GP6 (as do you, I presume). I have GP6 but prefer GP5's interface and it runs a little more smoothly on my computer.
trenton_dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 01:20   Link #1822
LightMusicBand
To the salt mines

hello.... could the mentors in "Yui's School of Rock" help me with something.

after watching the 1st season a while ago, i've recently decided to re-learn some s1 songs. well, here's the thing. in cagayake girls, there is a fast "solo" performed by Yui (i hope you guys know what i'm talking about). so, how do you do that part exactly? speed alternate picking? or what technique do you guys use? ( sorry i can't show the tabs for it).

thanks....

btw, thanks trenton_dawn for yje fixed gp5 versions. you're the man...
Old 2011-08-03, 02:02   Link #1823
trenton_dawn
Silt

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightMusicBand View Post
hello.... could the mentors in "Yui's School of Rock" help me with something.

after watching the 1st season a while ago, i've recently decided to re-learn some s1 songs. well, here's the thing. in cagayake girls, there is a fast "solo" performed by Yui (i hope you guys know what i'm talking about). so, how do you do that part exactly? speed alternate picking? or what technique do you guys use? ( sorry i can't show the tabs for it).

thanks....

btw, thanks trenton_dawn for yje fixed gp5 versions. you're the man...
No problem! I'd basically already done the work for my own use, so it was no trouble at all.

I actually cheat on that part of the solo. Since 15 on the B with a full bend is the same note as 12 on the E, I just do gallops on the B and lighten up on the bend when necessary.

Edit: Uki Uki New! My Way is done. Yay! It went pretty fast, actually...a lot of copypasta from one section to another. There were a lot of synths, though (6! Why do I always choose the synth-heavy songs for myself..) Moving on to Drumming Shining My Life.

Last edited by trenton_dawn; 2011-08-03 at 03:49.
Old 2011-08-03, 08:14   Link #1824
roankun
Tsundere Lover

Erm, may I request that there be vocals in the gp file of Fuwa Fuwa Time? I can play the guitar, but i can't seem to follow it when I try to sing.
roankun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 12:36   Link #1825
myGitah

Quote:
This is how we do it.

By the way, Utauyo!!MIRACLE use similar picking technique.

Depending on your skill level, it might take hours, days, weeks, even months to master these solos. Take your time, don't hurt yourself!

Last edited by myGitah; 2011-08-03 at 22:16.
myGitah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 20:49   Link #1826
trenton_dawn
Silt

Quote:
Originally Posted by roankun View Post
Erm, may I request that there be vocals in the gp file of Fuwa Fuwa Time? I can play the guitar, but i can't seem to follow it when I try to sing.
You're in luck. I happen to have a set of old scans of Fuwa Fuwa Time (Studio Mix) that I got from iuniver's old list. I just tabbed out the vocal score and lyrics. Here you go.
Old 2011-08-03, 22:07   Link #1827
deng17
Sylpheed

Send a message via Yahoo to deng17
@LightMusicBand
I would down pick the bend on the 15th fret then alternate pick on the 12th fret (down-up). The pattern's the same with Guitar ni Kubittake solo...but I did all downstroke in my video. I think I'm not used with alternate picking that part before XD

Let your fingers remember the positions then try to go fast. For sure, that'll sound messy so go back to playing slow again and refine it. Repeat the process until you are completely relaxed (taken from Tom Hess' articles). I didn't follow this process but I think it's effective.
deng17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-04, 00:12   Link #1828
roankun
Tsundere Lover

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by trenton_dawn View Post
You're in luck. I happen to have a set of old scans of Fuwa Fuwa Time (Studio Mix) that I got from iuniver's old list. I just tabbed out the vocal score and lyrics. Here you go.
Thank you!!!
Old 2011-08-05, 05:30   Link #1829
LightMusicBand
To the salt mines

thanks trenton_dawn, myGitah, deng17. that really helped. hehehe. i keep on remembering how i used to do this part. i just do some fast alternate picking on the 1st string while hitting the 12th and the 10th fret, hehehe. i guess that was a year ago. (i just started playing the guitar about a year ago, so yeah).

ok, so i'm doing that now. my hands are already cramped. o well. thanks for the advices, mentors...
Old 2011-08-05, 11:14   Link #1830
trenton_dawn
Silt

Quote:
thanks trenton_dawn, myGitah, deng17. that really helped. hehehe. i keep on remembering how i used to do this part. i just do some fast alternate picking on the 1st string while hitting the 12th and the 10th fret, hehehe. i guess that was a year ago. (i just started playing the guitar about a year ago, so yeah).

ok, so i'm doing that now. my hands are already cramped. o well. thanks for the advices, mentors...
Well, I suppose that works, but without the bend it sounds slightly different. Try bending the 10th fret instead of using the 12th (although the high E is a little harder to bend than the B, that's why I prefer bending 15th on B)
Old 2011-08-05, 18:21   Link #1831
Bolt237

Quote:
Want the live mix, too?
Bolt237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 04:49   Link #1832
kssael
Don't say "Crabcore"!

Quote:
i says here, that you done it in guitar pro 5. so you have tabs for this?

can you post it here when it's done? thanks. really nice work (been searching for some drop tunings of k-on songs hehe).
FINAL PRODUCT!!!

Drop D tuning does wonders all the time! I still need to give credit to the original tabber since I based my arrange from his GP5 tabs.
Old 2011-08-07, 23:48   Link #1833
LightMusicBand
To the salt mines

Quote:
Originally Posted by kssael View Post
FINAL PRODUCT!!!

Drop D tuning does wonders all the time! I still need to give credit to the original tabber since I based my arrange from his GP5 tabs.
yes indeed. drop tuning do wonders... sounds really good dude. you have the gp file, by any chance? share it here.... hehehe... if you feel like it.
Old 2011-08-08, 21:29   Link #1834
kssael
Don't say "Crabcore"!

I still need to credit the original tabber before uploading the tab. BTW, it's made in GP6 (.gpx format).
Old 2011-08-09, 23:17   Link #1835
trenton_dawn
Silt

Drumming Shining My Life is done. As always, Ritsu is crazy energetic, both on the drums and in her singing. Yuuzora is next, then LOVE. After that Joyful Todays...and probably Seishun Vibration, I guess.
Old 2011-08-10, 01:08   Link #1836
LightMusicBand
To the salt mines

Quote:
Originally Posted by kssael View Post
I still need to credit the original tabber before uploading the tab. BTW, it's made in GP6 (.gpx format).
oh, gpx. well, there's a funny story about that.... well, i hope it gets available in gp5 format too. (for those less fortunate like me).
Old 2011-08-10, 05:42   Link #1837
roankun
Tsundere Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt237 View Post
Want the live mix, too?
That would be awesome. (Although I haven't actually taken a look at the live mix yet, so I don't know the difference between them XD)
Old 2011-08-10, 11:49   Link #1838
trenton_dawn
Silt

Quote:
That would be awesome. (Although I haven't actually taken a look at the live mix yet, so I don't know the difference between them XD)
Afaik, it's just the bridge/solo and the very end that's different. Vocals should be the same in either version. I'll see if maybe I can't just copy/paste them over.
Old 2011-08-10, 20:53   Link #1839
kssael
Don't say "Crabcore"!

So here it is (.gpx, .pdf, and .wav only)!
Old 2011-08-12, 16:51   Link #1840
BigSmokeDawg
I play guitar and stuff

Send a message via MSN to BigSmokeDawg
I'm uploading my cover of Genius to Youtube now. It's gonna take a while to do because of my terrible upload speed, but I'll post it here when it's done.

I was originally gonna play Utauyo Miracle but I got really annoyed with messing it up so I decided to play something earlier. I'll probably do it later on.

Edit: Here's the video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1krnR2NyW6U

Last edited by BigSmokeDawg; 2011-08-12 at 17:47.
BigSmokeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote