AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-12-30, 10:56   Link #21
AkatsukisApprentice
Akatsuki's Apprentice

Lee has loads of chakra...do you remember the amount he showed when he went through the gates that was amazing
AkatsukisApprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-30, 11:45   Link #22
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
_Sin_ is doing the Hunter!

Instead of quoting someone I'll just explain the situation how I understand it as easily as possible:

People in the Naruto universe use Chakra for everything even for the most lamest things like walking and cleaning up the room . Chakra flows everywhere in their bodies and Lee is no exception.

Jutsus use chakra; Genjutsu, Ninjutsu and even Taijutsu use Chakra but most likely in a different way. While it appears that Lee can move his chakra into his limbs (and maybe other areas as well) and such increase his power output with Taijutsu, it seems that he cannot use Genjutsu or Ninjutsu because it uses Chakra in a different way.

To address the point that people die if they run out of chakra:

You'll usually fall unconscious if you use too much chakra because you still have enough chakra to maintain your vital body functions - but that's it: No excessive Chakra for running or even fighting.

If you happen to have zero chakra left, then yes, you die.

For better understanding you can switch Chakra with Energy and see if it helps you to understand it better.
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-30, 13:33   Link #23
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by UzumakiKitsu
I don't know- in the very beginnings of the first Chuunin exams, we see that Gai is apparently capable of performing Kuchiose no Jutsu to summon nin-turtles, although it is never mentioned again... I'm not expecting to see Lee with some newfound nin or genjutsu talents, but I also wouldn't be terribly surprised if he had surpassed his old weaknesses and had been able to learn some basic ninjutsu techniques.
Thats possible. Although Lee isn't Gai. It could very well be a phase he is going through in his youth and will begin to pickup the abilities as he gets older.
Old 2004-12-30, 14:37   Link #24
The Great Yuri
Dis-Member

Talking

I think that the reason that Lee can only use taijutsu is because he is stupid. In the chuunin exam arc he says a lot of stupid things, one of which was when he was going to fight Gaara he didn't even notice that the big ass gourd of sand might do something. And then when he was fighting Gaara he made stupid decisions, like uses the lotus twice, when punching him actualy seemed to be more effective...

...but yeah, what the fuck is turtle summon all about?
The Great Yuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-30, 15:04   Link #25
Fuji_Sempai
stranger to all

Send a message via AIM to Fuji_Sempai Send a message via Yahoo to Fuji_Sempai
Lee can't use nin/genjutsu cause he wouldnt be ROCK Lee if he could, can a rock use magic? i think not plus with taijutsu only Lee and Sasuke could get behind Gaara's sheld of sand so i don't think Lee really needs nin/genjutsu since he is kick-ass without them
Fuji_Sempai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-30, 19:41   Link #26
Mezu
The Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edo
Hey all,

I was curious to know why Rock Lee cannot use chakra. Is it because his body has no chakra in it at all or he is unable to somehow control chakra.

Reason why I ask is, if Rock Lee has no Chakra in his body, when he opens the gates Chakra freely flows from him, so he should have access to Chakra and he can finally do some Jutsus? Or is it just Rock Lee somehow some strange way cannot control Chakra even though he is extermely disciplined...
Its just his character and like many said before, he has no talent in genutsu or ninjutsu. Hes basically an imitation of Gai when he was a kid and if you look at gai, he still doesn't have much talent in that area... all we have seen him do was summon and dispel, thats all that comes to mind. But Gai still kicks ass and so does Lee.
Mezu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-30, 23:29   Link #27
Hanabi
日向花火

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Yuri
...but yeah, what the fuck is turtle summon all about?
From the looks of the PS2 game, Gai appears to use the turtle as a large spinning missile. :3
Hanabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-03, 17:38   Link #28
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onaruto Svet View Post
I see this thread a little bit old but i didn't see this question so far
But does Gai sensei is able to use ninjutsu and genjutsu?
According to the wiki, yes. He has 3 out of 5 in his stats for nin- and genjutsu
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-04, 10:59   Link #29
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Sin_ View Post
People in the Naruto universe use Chakra for everything even for the most lamest things like walking and cleaning up the room . Chakra flows everywhere in their bodies and Lee is no exception.
Was a little confused by this tbh. I thought you wanted to say people use chakra powers for mundane tasks, but then I realised you mean it's like "stamina".

Quote:
I see this thread a little bit old but i didn't see this question so far
But does Gai sensei is able to use ninjutsu and genjutsu?
Yes, as StrikeFreedom said, he can, it's also shown in the manga/show as he tends to use summoning technics.
Old 2015-01-06, 11:22   Link #30
itachi-san314

Quote:
I have read somewhere that he can use summoning jutsu, but I'm not sure in that
gai? he summoned the turtle at least twice in the story
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-06, 12:12   Link #31
DKN117

Quote:
I didn't really noticed that
Twice, Gai summoned a tortoise in midair to use as a springboard for extra height in a jump. ...Both times, the tortoise was fairly pissed off about it.
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote