AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2005-01-04, 05:45   Link #21
lufia

What if shino vs the sound spider guy? shino's body is made up of bugs that eat chakra and it be pretty kool if u could see his body eating away at the webs and stuff. i reckon he has a better chance than neji
lufia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 06:52   Link #22
Evan
天使我爱你

What if sakura is a boy and sasuke is a gal?
Evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 06:56   Link #23
Vecca

I had to register just to reply to the "rock lee vs neiji" post.

Ok: Rock Lee would win. Easily? No, but he wouldn't have to go past secondary lotus.

When Lee took his weights off, even Kakashi commented on how fast he was.

When Lee was completing the Primary Lotus, Neiji had a little blurb (in the anime at least) where he stated blatently his suprise, and by his voice and eyes, partial fear.

Garra even questioned if his speed was human.

Let's get one thing clear here: Neiji tried hard to beat Naruto when he fought, and used his 64 point technique. He lost, period. Naruto out smarted this "tensai", and that was that.

Naruto was no match for Rock Lee. Lee is pure taijitsu. You have to understand that Neiji's technique works at damaging with the use of chakra, but he has to be able to get close to the opponent to do this. Lee's speed is far greater than that of Neiji's, and speaking in pure taijitsu terms, Lee is a better fighter.

The other advantages Neiji has are his eyes and his ability to cut off chakra from the enemy. Well, for 1, his eyes don't help him against Lee because Lee's attacks don't use Chakra, and he doesn't exert any so nothing can be cut off.

This make any sense to any of you?

Lee's speed increases dramatically in the Secondary Lotus, adding to his already inhuman speed. Neiji just couldn't keep up.

If it got to Primary Lotus, Neiji would die. The only defence against something like that would be what Garra used, a Chakra shield of some kind to negate physical attacks. Neiji doesn't have that kind of power, thus, he loses.
Vecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 07:03   Link #24
Vecca

English + Alcohol = bad mix. Sorry if half of what I posted doesn't make a lot much of sense.. eh.. bed..

Vecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 07:12   Link #25
Inuzuka
now with 20% more ego!

Send a message via MSN to Inuzuka
Quote:
Originally Posted by lufia
What if shino vs the sound spider guy? shino's body is made up of bugs that eat chakra and it be pretty kool if u could see his body eating away at the webs and stuff. i reckon he has a better chance than neji
Let's try to refrain from asking too many "What if X versus Y" questions and turning this thread into an excuse for an all-in-one versus thread, thereby getting it locked.

To answer your question, it'd actually be easier for Neji to go against Kidoumaru, simply because Neji targets the Chakra inside the webbing and cuts it, while Shino's bugs can only cut the webbing if they eat away at the Chakra inside first, which would be alot more tedious and time consuming. As Shinos' bugs are "contained" inside his body, they are limited in number, It'd also be relatively difficult for Shino to place a female tracker bug onto Kidoumaru and even if Shino managed to swarm him with Chakra-eating insects, Kidoumaru'll still have his back-up Curse Seal which maximises his remaining Chakra.
Inuzuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 09:33   Link #26
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

what if there was no naruto...... just kidding

what if naruto learned the primary lotus, would he sustain the same dmg but be fighting fit the next day after opening 9 gates?

what if gaara fought in the desert where sand is everywhere would he pwn everyone?

what if sasuke found out that the reason his brother didnt kill him is because itachi doesn't kill little girls?
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 09:56   Link #27
kanarten

I feel that rock lee would win.

originally he would be fended of by neji(ultimate defence) and would probably have his chakra points blocked(which wouldnt effect him really). then lee would remove his weights and would go to town on neji, im unsure he would be able to open the gates due to his points being blocked but it would probably release so much power that it would force them open similiar to naruto. then he would overwhelm neji with speed and powers. the only thing nejis eye will halp with at that speed would be seeing his own butt handed to him
kanarten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 09:57   Link #28
zappater
zapper

Hisoka there are only 8 gates, and Kakashi has already said that if you open all gates you will die (that may be the reason why the 8th gates name is the death gate.)
zappater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 10:08   Link #29
UchihaShwa
One With The Shwa...

Send a message via AIM to UchihaShwa
What if Garra had his Tensai closed? Would his Sand Shield fail due to the fact that even though the demon controls it his chakra is still the key? Course I could be wrong on that... Also do you think Shukaku (sp?, the sand demon) could surpass the tensai disablement the same way Kyubi did?
UchihaShwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 10:28   Link #30
zamme
Wandering Prophet

Send a message via MSN to zamme
To reply on the Lee vs Neji matter, I think Neji would destroy Lee if he didnt use his 5 gates.
Lee would NOT win just because he removes his weights, the only advantage he would have is the speed.
Neji IS a better close combat taijutsu fighter then Lee, much thanks to the byakugan.

Neji didnt look surprised at all when he removed his weights, and Lee has fought him many times before without victory (I would guess that was without weights).

I'm sorry that I cant back up my theories better, but that would be manga spoiling, and this aint a manga thread.
But when the 5 gates are opened, Lee will have the advantage.
zamme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 11:03   Link #31
Captain_Dope

How about you all go and create a "Neji Vs Lee" thread instead? Because that is what this topic has turned into.
Captain_Dope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 15:25   Link #32
hyuugafan4

neji would win.
lee has charka, but cant use ninjutsu or genjutsu(sasuke felt it in his hands when lee blocked his kick). primary lotus opens the charka gates forcefully and allows no restrictions. now lee without weights would be fast but kaiten would sheild neji and lee woud be thrown away(rotation with a kick, kick gets repelled).neji's hakke close's the distance between him and his opponent in an instance.

what if gaara had transformed at the chuunin exam?
hyuugafan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 15:55   Link #33
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Now this is a hard one:

What if people started to use the Search?
Yup, the would have found another "What if" thread:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=16080
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 16:20   Link #34
qball8001

Send a message via AIM to qball8001 Send a message via Yahoo to qball8001
What if Naruto never learned Kage no Jitsu* I dont think thats correct, in english its Shadow Replication.
qball8001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 16:59   Link #35
velkin
Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qball8001
What if Naruto never learned Kage no Jitsu* I dont think thats correct, in english its Shadow Replication.
Well, for one, both Naruto and Iruka would have been slaughtered by Mizuki in the first episode...that would have made for a very short, very un-satisfying series.
velkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 20:32   Link #36
Fresh

What if Naruto hadn't been grouped with Sakura and Sasuke?
Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 20:47   Link #37
qball8001

Send a message via AIM to qball8001 Send a message via Yahoo to qball8001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh
What if Naruto hadn't been grouped with Sakura and Sasuke?

Make for a terribly boring show.
qball8001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 20:58   Link #38
hypertoast
acclaimed

what if sakura fought from time to time?

actually, I would have liked to see Sakura go off with Sasuke...
but the whole evilness of Sasuke's leaving and teaming up with orochimaru kinda completely destroys any rationale in Sakura's leaving too because she wouldn't fit into orochimaru's plan.
nonetheless, I wonder what would happen in that situation
she'd most likely just back off when she realizes the danger even though she knows Sausuke wouldn't be happy
Maybe she'd have to fight the Sound-nin and have Sasuke call off the fight to save her or something, which would proove some of Sasuke's true loyalty to his village and past.

It could be pretty cool if she went with the whole group of sound-nins pertending to be an ally and the whole time had doubts about her safety and what to do and how to get Sasuke back. She'd no she couldn't do anything that might prevoke a fight because she'd be torn apart. If the 5 leaf genin still came to return Sasuke what would she do? Hide? Mental confusion and choice-making are interesting!

------------------------------------------------------------------
note: this is just speculation. I realize that it is terribly incongruious to the plot scheme. don't flame
hypertoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 21:57   Link #39
Board_of_Command
The Board

What if Naruto failed to learn rasengan?
Board_of_Command is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-05, 02:33   Link #40
Lathmeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Sin_
Now this is a hard one:

What if people started to use the Search?
Yup, the would have found another "What if" thread:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=16080
That 'what if' wasn't specifically targeted towards the anime. It was all things Naruto. So, different thread.

I like this thread.

What if: Haku had not been able to get in front of Kakashi's Chidori in time?

I've wondered that sometimes. I think, that Haku might go berserk seeing Zabuza die in front of him. Drive him to fight Kakashi. But Naruto would be able to talk Haku down and get Haku to join sides with the Leaf.
Lathmeer is offline   Reply With Quote