AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 04 Rating
Perfect 10 10 14.93%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 13.43%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 23 34.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 20.90%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 13.43%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.49%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.49%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-28, 11:32   Link #381
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
Well, I haven't posted much yet. Maybe that's part of the reason.
Yeah you really struck a nerve insinuating Nanoha's death. I think any topic relating to Nanoha might cause a surge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisguy View Post
In fact, Ep5 will be aired in less than 24 hours by now and we still don't have Ep5 thread...
Not that previous 4 threads were up that early, but it's getting slower and slower.
This thread came up around 5 hrs b4 screening. Would that be a good thing or a bad?
Old 2007-04-28, 11:56   Link #382
Thisguy
Negikamo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
Would that be a good thing or a bad?
Hmm, I don't know.
In a part of animesuki I used to go, Ep thread came several days before airing to discuss expectation about that Ep...
But maybe I'm too new to here, and that was simply an unusual case?
Old 2007-04-28, 14:08   Link #383
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Well... I haven't done my write-up for Ep04 yet, since I haven't watched the subs for Ep04 at this point. Still patiently waiting.

Cheers.
oh yea some guys still havent watch ep 4 yet O.o pff with nanoha being such a great series im surprised that some fansubbing groups who have the capabilities to realease the subs in 1 or 2 days havent picked it up >.<

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-04-28, 14:26   Link #384
Erio
Hiromi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
oh yea some guys still havent watch ep 4 yet O.o pff with nanoha being such a great series im surprised that some fansubbing groups who have the capabilities to realease the subs in 1 or 2 days havent picked it up >.<
Oh they could do that, but they cant because of the lack of good raws during the first half of the week. And look what happened when yesy released a LQ version of episode 1... so many comments on how bad the series (overall) looked even though it was explicitly said that it was a LQ release, how yesy were speed-subbers and that their release was not worth archiving, and other dumb stuff. If I was part of yesy, I would intentionally wait until a MQ or HQ release instead so that my releases would not be considered speed-subs. And that's what they did.
Old 2007-04-28, 15:09   Link #385
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Yeah you really struck a nerve insinuating Nanoha's death. I think any topic relating to Nanoha might cause a surge.
I'll try to think of something then.
Old 2007-04-28, 15:59   Link #386
johnjefferson3

well unfornallty they are have to inventually pick a raw to sub, since there are no brodcast of Ep4 anymore so if they do not like what is left, they are just going to pick the best one available since the cycle starts allover agian with ep5 in less than 24 hours in low quality again, then each day the quality goes up until the end of the week, and then re start anew with ep 6 and we keep this prodcess going repeating until the series ends, but even DG subs were never this late before!!!!!
Old 2007-04-28, 16:37   Link #387
Woden

Actually, they COULD wait until more stations air it.
Old 2007-04-28, 16:53   Link #388
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

It takes until like Friday for a good MQ raw (via Tokyo TV) to come out.

The HQ raw doesn't air until like 3 weeks later or something.
Old 2007-04-28, 18:19   Link #389
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
It takes until like Friday for a good MQ raw (via Tokyo TV) to come out.

The HQ raw doesn't air until like 3 weeks later or something.
So that's why Triad released their sub a looooooong time after the other groups.
Old 2007-04-28, 18:29   Link #390
CrazyPerson

Yeah, I'm thankful for someone subbing a higher quality version. I'm gonna download the batch one that triad usually releases for keeps while the newest ones are just for watching.
Old 2007-04-28, 18:31   Link #391
Erio
Hiromi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
So that's why Triad released their sub a looooooong time after the other groups.
From what I have gathered, apparently Triad is no longer interested in Nanoha. If they keep translating episodes, it is because they "have to finish what they started." Or so I read.
Old 2007-04-28, 18:43   Link #392
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
From what I have gathered, apparently Triad is no longer interested in Nanoha. If they keep translating episodes, it is because they "have to finish what they started." Or so I read.

Bah, don't worry.

When the show picks up again people would be eating their own words...

... And I'll await the apology letters.
Old 2007-04-28, 21:55   Link #393
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
I'd like to know why they're not interested in Nanoha anymore. I mean yeah, the show got a slow start, but it's getting more and more interesting. And I do hope they will finish subbing the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen
Bah, don't worry.

When the show picks up again people would be eating their own words...

... And I'll await the apology letters.
I wouldn't be too sure about the apology thing.
Old 2007-04-28, 21:58   Link #394
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I'd like to know why they're not interested in Nanoha anymore. I mean yeah, the show got a slow start, but it's getting more and more interesting...
We would most likely never know.

Quote:
I wouldn't be too sure about the apology thing.
I wanna see who's the bigger man
Old 2007-04-28, 22:24   Link #395
Aaron008R

Quote:
I'd like to know why they're not interested in Nanoha anymore. I mean yeah, the show got a slow start, but it's getting more and more interesting. And I do hope they will finish subbing the series.
Well, from reading a number of anime blogs and forums, the people there seemed to be too taken with the pacing with A's so they are quite disappointed with the pacing of StrikerS. Also, they seem to be disappointed with the lack of Aces action. Fortunately, I've also found some people kind enough to explain to the bored ones the easier-to-understand-reasons behind the pacing of the current season (I've actually read Skane's 1-cour 2-cour explanation in a blog recently). But still, I see a lot of skeptics around the net. I hope episode 5 would pull back some of the unbelievers.

P.S. About me, I'm planning on sticking with this series till the end. I'm actually glad they are taking their sweet time for story development now since it's been ten years since A's. (A's had the first season for background info so they could afford to go straight into the thick of things)
Old 2007-04-28, 22:29   Link #396
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

In simpler words, some people are turned off by the "Gundam/2-3-4-cour mecha" pacing. You know, one that mixes worldly-developments + huge cast development + obligatory minor not-really-neccesary action scenes + mecha jargon development + episodes with slow development occasionally?

I dunno, it sounds ironic. Some of my friends who are mecha-haters, say that they watch Nanoha as an alternative, but when StrikerS comes closer to the realms of mecha than ever before...what cha gonna do?

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-04-28, 22:32   Link #397
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
In simpler words, some people are turned off by the "Gundam/2-3-4-cour mecha" pacing. You know, one that mixes worldly-developments + huge cast development + obligatory minor not-really-neccesary action scenes + mecha jargon development + episodes with slow development occasionally?
Yeah, pretty much like that.

Quote:
I dunno, it sounds ironic. Some of my friends who are mecha-haters, say that they watch Nanoha as an alternative, but when StrikerS comes closer to the realms of mecha than ever before...what cha gonna do?
This is the time where some people (including me) pick anime to watch individually and NOT by genre.
Old 2007-04-28, 22:58   Link #398
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Yeah, pretty much like that.
You know, chances are, if it happened the other way... That StrikerS starts out with crazy actions...

Those people are just going to complain that there's no 'depth' to the story...

I have this to say to them: If you had waited for more than ONE YEAR for an anime, only to give it up after a 1-3 weeks...

... That says alot about your character.

Quote:
This is the time where some people (including me) pick anime to watch individually and NOT by genre.
I never judge by genre.

Just like music, I don't care what's the category as long as it delivers the goods. Of course, I do admit that I prefer some over others, but who doesn't?
Old 2007-04-28, 23:07   Link #399
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
You know, chances are, if it happened the other way... That StrikerS starts out with crazy actions...

I have this to say to them: If you had waited for more than ONE YEAR for an anime, only to give it up after a 1-3 weeks...

I never judge by genre.

Just like music, I don't care what's the category as long as it delivers the goods. Of course, I do admit that I prefer some over others, but who doesn't?
You are an admirable person Chaos. Nice post. Quite true as well, because if you're gonna give up before actually trying to give it a chance, I'd say your character is missing a lot of things. I will also stick with this anime until the end. I believe having a little patience will bear fruits and that we'll get an amazing series. Give those producers some time to show us what they got.
Old 2007-04-28, 23:29   Link #400
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

*nods in agreement*
Sometimes, people unconsciously look only for the flaws of things rather than take a look at its strengths. And sometimes biases are just taken too far. I guess it just goes in the diversity of the kinds of people.

Hmm... Perhaps I'd try to give a push for the expected influx of posts now. Let's see...

Since the episode is pretty wrung out already, not to mention that the episode 5 thread is not gonna be up for a few hours yet, let's just talk about the preview and what to expect in the next episode.
I'm really not sure if I should bring up the Caro-Erio possible deep interaction again so I would just like to ask the you guys on how you think the rookies are gonna initially handle the actual with-tentacle-wire-drones this time around. I don't know about everyone else but setting out for mission one right after just receiving customized devices makes me uncomfortable. Perhaps there would indeed be a problem with working with getting used the sudden power boost of the Forward Stars' new devices. In any case, I can't wait to see Cross Mirage and Mach Caliber talk.

[ADD] Urgh... The episode 5 thread appeared just as I finished posting this.
Closed Thread