Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-10-07, 02:57   Link #221
JediNight
キズランダム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin Ansem View Post
Minato sounds more like Nanoha and less like Haruhi. Man, Hirano Aya's got RANGE.

Something about this anime draws me in, but I can't put a finger on it yet. Helps that it's funny so far.
Not really. All her roles are still very high-pitched. She has the Haruhi voice and the Konata voice and Minato is more a higher pitched Haruhi which dips into the Konata style at times.

If you want range, there are a few seiyuu who can do both female-bass voices and the high-pitched ones. (Look up the seiyuu roles for Coopa from Tower of Druaga for example)
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 14:54   Link #222
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
First episode was decent i was not highly impressed but i was disgusted either. My problem was i did not get invested in the characters nothing really stood out that much for me. But i usually dont start to feel an anime till episode 5 anyway unless its something big. A decent start i will stick with it for a while
Old 2008-10-07, 16:43   Link #223
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
This anime sucks. It feels like the studio is banking on famous voice actresses to get viewer to watch this work but forget to tell the story in more interesting way. Something about this anime bores me to tears hence I binned it.
Old 2008-10-08, 00:47   Link #224
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I suspect... that if one is fairly new to the genre - this will be a lot more interesting than if one has seen a dozen or more eroge adaptations. At least I hope that's why I was rather unmoved.

To a large extent, the introduction of the characters is pretty much "by the numbers" and has the "usual suspects".
At the moment, I rather like the main protagonist and Katagiri is very cute but the rest of the cast and dialog seemed quite wooden.

Its probably the school outfits, hair, and the angle shots of the thighs and calves but it gave me some oddball Shuffle! vibes.
Not necessarily a curse (I did enjoy a fair chunk of that series at the time).

There seems to be an extra helping of "cagey scary" male leads this season. That's rather interesting but too many "scary eye" leads could be diluting. Kenta probably never knew he would spark a whole host of "scary eye" leads.

I'll keep watching this series for a bit since its the only harem item I'm even pretending to follow ... but I suspect that Toradora and Kannagi will be my closer focus this season.

Verdict: still on probation.
Old 2008-10-08, 00:50   Link #225
JediNight
キズランダム

Vexx pretty much said it -- I've "seen this show" like 50x before ... and it's been done way better
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 01:26   Link #226
mako1138
tsun tsun dere dere

Coming into this with very low expectations, I can say that it was better than I anticipated. This will probably be my "it's bad but I'll watch it" romance series for the season, unless it really goes south.
mako1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 01:59   Link #227
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I suspect... that if one is fairly new to the genre - this will be a lot more interesting than if one has seen a dozen or more eroge adaptations. At least I hope that's why I was rather unmoved.

To a large extent, the introduction of the characters is pretty much "by the numbers" and has the "usual suspects".
At the moment, I rather like the main protagonist and Katagiri is very cute but the rest of the cast and dialog seemed quite wooden.

Its probably the school outfits, hair, and the angle shots of the thighs and calves but it gave me some oddball Shuffle! vibes.
Not necessarily a curse (I did enjoy a fair chunk of that series at the time).

There seems to be an extra helping of "cagey scary" male leads this season. That's rather interesting but too many "scary eye" leads could be diluting. Kenta probably never knew he would spark a whole host of "scary eye" leads.

I'll keep watching this series for a bit since its the only harem item I'm even pretending to follow ... but I suspect that Toradora and Kannagi will be my closer focus this season.

Verdict: still on probation.
Re: scary leads. I'm holding out for an Angel Densetsu anime season.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 05:57   Link #228
toniblab

i also will wait and see how the next few episodes .
toniblab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 00:56   Link #229
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Quote:
I suspect... that if one is fairly new to the genre - this will be a lot more interesting than if one has seen a dozen or more eroge adaptations.
If this is the case, why are they even watching something like this?

There are tons of animations which have the "guy living with girl"-type of scenario, which judging from the first episode, are better than this.

Heck, why not even watch a harem show like Lova Hina? The more girls, the more entertainment.
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 01:12   Link #230
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Because Love Hina came out in, like, the year 2000 and is licensed?

This one is "new and not seen before"?

<shrug> its worth taking a look at new series. Sometimes you find one that does "the same thing" but in a really entertaining fresh way.

I'm not going to call this series *lousy* yet... only that I'm not seeing anything that makes this stand out for someone that has seen a lot of "choose from the harem" anime. If one is *new* to the genre, then this series may be a lot more entertaining and exciting.
Old 2008-10-09, 02:44   Link #231
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Quote:
Because Love Hina came out in, like, the year 2000 and is licensed?

This one is "new and not seen before"?

<shrug> its worth taking a look at new series. Sometimes you find one that does "the same thing" but in a really entertaining fresh way.

I'm not going to call this series *lousy* yet... only that I'm not seeing anything that makes this stand out for someone that has seen a lot of "choose from the harem" anime. If one is *new* to the genre, then this series may be a lot more entertaining and exciting.
Well, I'm still waiting for that new thing. Hopefully it will come, soon.
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 05:43   Link #232
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Personally i found the episode quite entertaining, and i am fairly confident in the length of my list of seen "harem or similar" animes

It is true there are a fair bit of the 'usual' elements at play here, but at the same time i found the characters fun to watch, and the male lead is more proactive (even if not particularly bright ) than we generally get in such shows. The angle of approach they took with comedy struck a cord with me as well, and that, coupled with the fact i found the characters quite fun (even if some have logic-defying hairstyles ), which i find an extremely important perquisite in this genre, ensured that i found the first episode simply 'fun' to watch. And that makes it good enough for me (after all, i am here to have fun first and foremost ), even if it wasn't particullary high on the innovativeness scale. (And i have ef ~melodies~ to fill the gap for the later )
Old 2008-10-09, 07:41   Link #233
nikorai

Send a message via ICQ to nikorai
Hello. I came from Clannad thread. I was complaining there that I have a very busy schedule and there's not much time to watch anime. So, I finally managed to watch the first episode. It actually turned out to be better than I expected.
Of course, you can pretty much guess the plot development including the mysteries like
Quote:
Why the hell would some rich family have their daughter marry some nobody -- and how would he not even know about it?
But at least i learned a new word which is 許婚. My old textbook taught only 婚約者. Both words are translated the same way but the first one seems to have the feel of arranged engagement, while in 'konyakysha' the kanji literally mean 'a person who promised to marry'.
By the way, I have to say that I completely switched to watching anime raw. It actually makes it more entertaining to watch because you need to make out the words they say to keep track of what's going on.

personal page at nikorai1.narod.ru
nikorai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 07:43   Link #234
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

It seems formulaic enough, but hey, I like formulaic. And happy ends.
Old 2008-10-09, 07:51   Link #235
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
It seems formulaic enough, but hey, I like formulaic. And happy ends.
Yea whats wrong with Formulaic and happy. I noticed a trend of people hoping for bad ends lately whats up with that? I thought the first episode showed a lot of potential as for this new thing in harem im not so sure we are going to get anything new. Thats like saying i hope I see something new in a High School Shoujo series. Rarely happens but not out of the question, but dont hold your breath I have seen at least a couple of hundred series with the same premise. Although i enjoyed the first episode i am not holding out for so much hope that it will be earth shattering for me.

As for the Why the hell would some rich person have there daughter marry a no one. Well.......thats what we call story telling. We will learn in due time what the circumstances are, because im sure there is a catch 22 somewhere. Its not out the question that the guy would not know about an arranged marriage.

Just give it some time
Old 2008-10-09, 09:47   Link #236
Sin Ansem
With this I'm Invincible!

Send a message via AIM to Sin Ansem Send a message via MSN to Sin Ansem
Yeah, I tend not to care about stories' genericness as long as it's entertaining. However, if it's not entertaining, flaws I can usually pass up become more pronounced.

Luckily, that is not the case here.

I Am Negima!?, and SO CAN YOU!
Part the First
Part the Second
Abandon Sanity, all ye who read here
Sin Ansem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 10:32   Link #237
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
As for the Why the hell would some rich person have there daughter marry a no one. Well.......thats what we call story telling. We will learn in due time what the circumstances are, because im sure there is a catch 22 somewhere. Its not out the question that the guy would not know about an arranged marriage.

Just give it some time
Isn't it standard procedure to let the girl tell the guy as she moves in?
Old 2008-10-09, 10:35   Link #238
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Isn't it standard procedure to let the girl tell the guy as she moves in?
Oh how could i forget that standard. Thats one of the first lesson they teach in Basics of Anime 101 in college lol
Old 2008-10-09, 13:38   Link #239
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Shades of Ai Yori Aoshi's opening premise ....

Just to clarify, not dissing anything I've seen so far ... just trying to decide if its enough entertaining to justify spending time with it given a finite amount of anime time in my week. Its still on my "3 ep probationary" watch and I've already dropped some of the other series on that list. Biggest annoyance is the other "rich stuffy girl", and glad I don't have friends like his two "buddies" .. .yrch.

Last edited by Vexx; 2008-10-09 at 17:17.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 17:01   Link #240
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Bothered with the voices, I listened to the original voices... Original is far better than the anime's. Especially for Yuuhi and Minato.

Extremely... stereotypical...
Not much to say, since everything was very, very plain. Rather boring in that aspect.
In fact, I was bored enough to hear and register the line "Morning's Yuuhi (Asa no Yuuhi)" as "朝の夕日"...

Last shot in the OP with the girl changed!

While most of the stereotypes are tolerable, I found the parents of Junichi and Minato to be painful... Completely "yeah...".
Also found that
Spoiler:
scene to be very incomprehensible...

I'll continue to watch this, since the visuals aren't bad, but I'm not expecting much for now.
Mah, I guess voice actor fans can love this. Seems the script put in plenty of tsundere lines for Yuuhi who is now acted by Kugimiya.

Preview: ...Is the show going to have 9 pointless episodes and suddenly get serious or something?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, eroge, harem, romance, seinen