AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-14, 12:58   Link #1541
MPS645

Can you tell me about: silvia, valkyre, girl of the ore and kuruwa and the sisters from the church?
Old 2010-01-14, 22:49   Link #1542
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by hung44 View Post
http://www13.atwiki.jp/index-log/pages/274.html

Would someone mind translating this page.

According to it, Saint = Natural Mage with inborn power, Genseki = Naturally developed esper, Academy City esper = Power Curriculum developed esper, and Mage = people who learn sorcery. Ordinary people = neither esper or mage. They put Touma as an exception to all these groups.
Now that I look at it properly, isn't this the author's website ?

Anyway, there's a flow chart to dictate which group you belong to, correct me if I'm wrong because I can't read japanese, but it goes like...

聖人である Y ―――――――――――――――→ 聖人(神裂、アックア)
 N└原石である
    N├―魔術師である
     | Y├―魔力がある N――――――――→ □□
     |  | Y└能力開発を行った N ―――→ 普通の魔術師
     |  |   Y └―――――――――――→ 土御門、エリス
     |  | 
     | N└能力開発を行った N――――――→ 一般人
     |       |
     |      Y└超能力の才能がある N――→ 無能力者(レベル0)
     |          Y└―――――――――→ 人工能力者(レベル1~5)
    Y└―――――――――――――――――→ 天然能力者(姫神、軍覇、△当麻)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plant42 View Post
Now there are 55 days left till Vol.20 released(10 Mar).
10th march? Wouldn't Railgun have ended by then

That means the threads would go quiet again

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPS645 View Post
Hi I'm new here but i read a lot of posts
I don't read the novels so i'd like to ask for some info
Sure no problem what do you want to kno-

Quote:
Can you tell me about: silvia, valkyre, girl of the ore and kuruwa and the sisters from the church?
... Hai?
Old 2010-01-15, 00:26   Link #1543
Miraluka
Banned

Mmm... no, looks like is the equivalent of the english wikia.
Old 2010-01-15, 04:38   Link #1544
tsunade666

Quote:
HUH? who are they? I don't know them?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

About the chart

Using machine translation

生まれる
├(生まれつき)→聖人
├(環境による偶然)→原石

├┬(魔術を学ぶ)→魔術師
│└(能力開発)→超能力者

(特に何もなし)

一般人

おまけ
上条当麻などの例外達

Translation

It is born.

(naturally) Saint

(coincidence by environment) Raw ore or maybe Gemstones

(Learn Magic? ) Magician

(Ability Development) ESP person

(in particular, none of any)

General successor

詳細版
聖人である Y ―――――――――――――――→ 聖人(神裂、アックア)
 N└原石である
    N├―魔術師である
     | Y├―魔力がある N――――――――→ □□
     |  | Y└能力開発を行った N ―――→ 普通の魔術師
     |  |   Y └―――――――――――→ 土御門、エリス
     |  | 
     | N└能力開発を行った N――――――→ 一般人
     |       |
     |      Y└超能力の才能がある N――→ 無能力者(レベル0)
     |          Y└―――――――――→ 人工能力者(レベル1~5)
    Y└―――――――――――――――――→ 天然能力者(姫神、軍覇、△当麻)

Detailed version

Saint

YES = Saint ([kamisa] and [akkua])
NO = raw ore or gemstone ????

From Gemstone

YES = Natural Ability Person ( Touma, Aisa and Sogita )
NO = Magician

From Macigian

YES = Magic User
NO = Undergo Ability Development

FROM MAGIC USER

If undergo Ability development

YES = Ellise
NO = Usual magician

From Magician again

When answer no which is undergo ability development

NO = Not sure about the translation because it just display general successor or just general maybe its referring to level 0 which is just a normal person
YES = Had the talent to use ESP

From the had the talent to use ESP

NO = LEVEL 0 or incompetent
YES = Artificial ability user LEVEL 1 - 5
Old 2010-01-15, 05:20   Link #1545
MPS645

here's a link to the characters: http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/...-angelene-anie
Old 2010-01-15, 09:55   Link #1546
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillmissing View Post
Shiina and Misuzu meet again during SS2 as well. They seem to be getting along pretty well.

And of course, Misuzu meets with Touma in the first SS during her unfortunate adventure. Touma can't take a hint at all though. At all. And she causes problems for her daughter like usual.

Which Touma ends up paying for in vol 14, lol.
I already forgot what happen in vol 14. Vol 14 ends with Mikoto knowing about Touma's amnesia right? Or that is another volume? Why Touma paying for?(Haven't read SS 1 and 2 yet T_T)
Old 2010-01-15, 10:51   Link #1547
cubicjack
Kino fanboy

Quote:
There's really not that much info about them (except for the sisters), since they were really just SS characters with little to no significance to the plot whatsoever.

Silvia is one of the Saints, and also a servant of the English royal family. She is now living and working together with Aurrelus, a Norse magician who's described as the man who was the closest to becoming a "demon god" (majin).

Valkyrie is a Valkyrie in-training. She wears the legendary bikini armor. She went around cutting people's jeans, and thus became the "Jeans-cutting Devil". One of her abilities is "Nine Support", which can produce 9 copies of herself to seduce and control men.

The Girl of the Ore is an ore/gemstone. Touya (Touma's dad) met her during one of his business trips. She was mysteriously handcuffed to a briefcase at that time and was being chased down by a bunch of men in black.

Kuruwa is a kunoichi who's a descendant of a ninja family. She's chasing after Hanzo in hopes of getting him to help restore the famous Hattori ninja family. She often fights Hanzo to convince him, but she loses all the time. One of her "attacks" is stripping to confuse her opponent, and Shiage fell victim to that once (that bastard *shakes fist at him*). She somehow ended up with a copy of the list of ores/gemstones, and thought of using them to restore the ninja society.

As for the sisters from the church, there's a lot more stuff to write about. So it would help if you could specify who and what you want to know about.
Old 2010-01-15, 11:42   Link #1548
stillmissing

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
I already forgot what happen in vol 14. Vol 14 ends with Mikoto knowing about Touma's amnesia right? Or that is another volume? Why Touma paying for?(Haven't read SS 1 and 2 yet T_T)
Yeah, vol 14 ends with that fun cliffhanger. But what he's paying for is that little message she got on her phone. "What do you think you're doing to another person's mother?!"
Old 2010-01-16, 09:35   Link #1549
MPS645

I would like to know about all of them but let's just focus on one or two if it's really long:
first is: anieze sanctis
second:lucia
Old 2010-01-16, 09:58   Link #1550
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillmissing View Post
Yeah, vol 14 ends with that fun cliffhanger. But what he's paying for is that little message she got on her phone. "What do you think you're doing to another person's mother?!"
Ah yes, what indeed...

...No seriously, what did he do ?

Quote:
I would like to know about all of them but let's just focus on one or two if it's really long:
first is: anieze sanctis
second:lucia
Ahh, this I can answer. Both of these characters first appeared in Volume 7.

Anieze Sanctis is the commander of some 250 battle nuns (That's right, battle nuns, not the ones from 'Brutal Legend' though) of the Rome Catholic Church. One of her quirks is her perference to speak in other language rather than the one she should. For example, when she met up with Stiyl and Index, she spoke to them in Japanese rather than English because she's afraid to sound weird to the native English speakers. She wears 30cm heels, and has a tendency to land herself in compromising positions with Touma, (The walking church incident with Index? Yeah, that happened to her as well ). Normally she behaviors like any other girl, when it comes to business, she's a hardass.

Combat-wise, she wields a Staff with an Angel design on the top. I cannot comfirm, but her spell seems to be that whatever damage done to the staff, her opponent would receive a similiar damage.

As for Lucia, she's just one of Anieze's followers. I have NO idea how her spell works. Another hard ass.
Old 2010-01-16, 10:48   Link #1551
Plant42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

Combat-wise, she wields a Staff with an Angel design on the top. I cannot comfirm, but her spell seems to be that whatever damage done to the staff, her opponent would receive a similiar damage.

As for Lucia, she's just one of Anieze's followers. I have NO idea how her spell works. Another hard ass.
-For Anieze
yes, it's like the Japanese curse of Wara-ningyou(Straw doll) and since it's a direct attack through space any defensive gear is useless.

-For Lucia
Her "Wheel of Saint Catherine" is a magic that based on the legend of Saint Catherine's wheel.
An attack that make her huge wooden wheel exploded into a hundred of sharp fragments, then use those fragments to attack like a shotgun.
All the fragments will come back to her and reconstructed as a wheel via her command.

-For Angeline
Her "Twelve Apostles Martyr" is a magic that use her coin sack as a catalyst, then perform a high speed coin attack(like a bullet) that will persue its target.
And the string at the coin sack tip can also use to bind the opponent too.
Old 2010-01-16, 10:59   Link #1552
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
-For Anieze
yes, it's like the Japanese curse of Wara-ningyou(Straw doll) and since it's a direct attack through space any defensive gear is useless.
Ahh thanks for comfirmation.

Nevertheless, Touma was able to negate the attack by blocking in the same direction.

Quote:
-For Lucia
Her "Wheel of Saint Catherine" is a magic that based on the legend of Saint Catherine's wheel.
An attack that make her huge wooden wheel exploded into a hundred of sharp fragments, then use those fragments to attack like a shotgun.
All the fragments will come back to her and reconstructed as a wheel via her command.
Now that I think about something like that did happen, but my language comprehension skills suck, all I got was "Wheel" and "Explosion".

Quote:
-For Angeline
Her "Twelve Apostles Martyr" is a magic that use her coin sack as a catalyst, then perform a high speed coin attack(like a bullet) that will persue its target.
This I didn't know, I thought she could only help support Lucia's spell or something. So she sort of shoot coins like Mikoto?

Actually, now that we're on the topic of this...

That Bishop(?) in Volume 11, what is his name, Biagio Busoni? His magic has something to do with the Cross. He uses it to repel his enemies, but he can also crush them with the weight off the Ship's crew. How does it work? I know it has something to do with the Cross that Jesus carried...

And Just in case we anime-watchers has been misled all this time, what does the novel say about Aureolus Izzard's [Ars Magna]?
Old 2010-01-16, 12:29   Link #1553
Miraluka
Banned

Chapter 7 part 7, Touma vs Vento of the Front
Old 2010-01-16, 15:49   Link #1554
tsunade666

Now that's interesting info.

I find it interesting to know more of the other characters.
Old 2010-01-16, 16:14   Link #1555
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
-For Anieze

-For Lucia

-For Angeline
Spoiler for lol:
Old 2010-01-17, 00:23   Link #1556
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Then again... You never know... They all have one thing in common...

Spoiler for :
The Kamiyan Diseased, discovered by Tsuchimikato.

BTW, on your question on Vent's Divine Punishment.
It only trigger when you antagonize her. You can have ill feelings against her, as long as it is not categorizing her as an enemy. So it is possible to get around the Divine Punishment with what you think (but be VERY careful, the slightest idea of considering her an enemy is enough to get you).
BUT, whenever she is considered as a direct target of an attack, it counts as atagonizing her. So, trying to take a direct offence against would never work. Tsuchimikato gets around by thinking Vent is not important and his priority is somewhere else. Aleister is unaffected because... he really didn't give a danm, and Kazakiri, her magic neutralizing nature is more than enough.
Old 2010-01-17, 06:30   Link #1557
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
The Kamiyan Diseased, discovered by Tsuchimikato.
Ironically, he was the only one to win Touma in a fist fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
BTW, on your question on Vent's Divine Punishment.
It only trigger when you antagonize her. You can have ill feelings against her, as long as it is not categorizing her as an enemy. So it is possible to get around the Divine Punishment with what you think (but be VERY careful, the slightest idea of considering her an enemy is enough to get you).
BUT, whenever she is considered as a direct target of an attack, it counts as atagonizing her. So, trying to take a direct offence against would never work. Tsuchimikato gets around by thinking Vent is not important and his priority is somewhere else. Aleister is unaffected because... he really didn't give a danm, and Kazakiri, her magic neutralizing nature is more than enough.
Ah hah! So there is a loophole, abeit not very easy but it's better than nothing.

About Kazakiri... Is her AIM field set up to be counter-magic, or is it by nature, any huge amount (like 10000+) of AIM gathered in one place is enough to screw with Telesma? If it's the latter, than wouldn't Accelerator's Black Wings produce the same effect? It is something that taps into the AIM fields right? And with 9000+ Imoutos in the network, it should have the AIM field of at least half of Fuse=Kazakiri.
Old 2010-01-17, 07:05   Link #1558
tsunade666

Even if their is a loop hole if your attacking her it still triggers. And attacking randomly wouldn't get you their. She's not the type that will just stand their. She pretty sadist that likes to rain air hammers on her enemies.

PRETTY CHEAT!

If it can mess up with telesma then the battle against Aiwass wouldn't be even a one sided bullying. But its possible to weaker ones. But who knows.

Ironically too those two get along with each other and always fight with their fist through out the whole series and even the silliest stuff like food. Tsuchimikado and Touma are really buddies if Aogami Pierce could had been involved too in the magic or espers side than it would be much better. The three idiots fighting side by side. And all of them are level 0.

Touma = Fist
Tsuchimikado = Guns
Aogami Pierce = ? Dagger ???
Old 2010-01-17, 07:12   Link #1559
Plant42

Quote:
About Kazakiri... Is her AIM field set up to be counter-magic, or is it by nature, any huge amount (like 10000+) of AIM gathered in one place is enough to screw with Telesma? If it's the latter, than wouldn't Accelerator's Black Wings produce the same effect? It is something that taps into the AIM fields right? And with 9000+ Imoutos in the network, it should have the AIM field of at least half of Fuse=Kazakiri.
That's the power of Imaginary Numbers School District that was manifested by the appearance of Fuse=Kazakiri.
It's the place where the "law of magic" has been rewritten and those who try to cast magic with the same way they always did will ends up death by body explode.
But the one that manifested by Fuse=Kazakiri is incomplete, it's just give a damage to the opponents and reduce their spell powers.
Old 2010-01-17, 07:54   Link #1560
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Touma = Fist
Tsuchimikado = Guns
Aogami Pierce = Runs since Mikado and Touma did all the fighting
Fixed for you.

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen