AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kanon

Notices

View Poll Results: Kanon 2006 Total Series Rating
Perfect 10 235 52.34%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 135 30.07%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 38 8.46%
7 out of 10 : Good 25 5.57%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 2.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 0.89%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.22%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.45%
Voters: 449. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-08-03, 13:22   Link #241
Bennyswan
Hmmm.....
*Artist

Ahhh finished watching it yesterday, really good anime.

Animation Quality : 10/10 yes it was dead sexy
Voice Actors : 9/10
Adaption from game : never played it lol

Ahhh I loved it so much......... I'm going to rewatch some episodes. >
Old 2008-08-06, 09:24   Link #242
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
Higurashi has...
Spoiler for Higurashi:

Kanon has in a magical city:
A fox whose spirit lets it live as a human for a short time, a girl with an extended disease, a girl in a coma whose spirit is wandering through a "dream", a girl whose previous experiences recreate demons, and a cousin.
i felt that the writers for this show has never met a real female human being before....
kingsky123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-18, 21:10   Link #243
anime ronin
death by animeoverdos X_X

well, after a 2 - 3 eps a day and two Kanothons ive finally finished watching. as far as my thoughts on it, i give it a 7 out of 10. it was definately better than the 1st version. it had its deep moments but nothing over the top. so yeah it was good 7/10

PIRATES DOCKING 6!!! GIANT ROBOT SOLDIER!!! BIG EMPEROR!!!
anime ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-18, 21:18   Link #244
Shinigami_Mello
All hail Oyashiro-sama

Send a message via MSN to Shinigami_Mello
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsky123 View Post
i felt that the writers for this show has never met a real female human being before....
Ever heard of something called moe? XD They try to appeal to a lot of the male audiance watching it.
Spoiler for Higurashi:

Anyway, my rating was an 8/10. But that was mostly because the characters didnt grow on me much. I find the cast of Clannad better (even though Kanon is more 'dramatic' (Until the AS that is). Maybe because it saw it last of the three, or something, I like it for sure. But, there was something that put it lower.
Shinigami_Mello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-23, 16:08   Link #245
kamuinoyume
OMAE WO SHINJIRU!

The series was really excellent, it was inches away from getting a masterpiece, but I don't really know where or when it started to fall back to 9, unlike other Kyoto Animations this one had everything it needed but the fact that Yuuichi end's up with the chiby is rather annoying.
Old 2008-09-23, 12:34   Link #246
Vegard Aune

This series was, in short, the best bishoujo-series I have ever seen. Everything was just perfect; the animation, the music, the characters, the writing... I really can't think of a single thing I didn't like about this show... Well, except that one scene in episode 20 that made me go
Quote:
Originally Posted by My reaction
Was that...
*Goes back to confirm it*
I'll pretend I didn't see that...
No, I will not say which scene I'm referring to, but I would assume it would be obvious. However, ONE, five-second scene is not enough to change my opinion on this series, so...
10/10. And that's not a score I usually give. This is only the third series I've ever given a perfect score.
Old 2008-09-24, 11:07   Link #247
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

Interesting, what can be this scene that gave you this reason ?
Littm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 12:53   Link #248
Orophin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
I really can't think of a single thing I didn't like about this show... Well, except that one scene in episode 20 that made me go

Was that...
*Goes back to confirm it*
I'll pretend I didn't see that...

No, I will not say which scene I'm referring to, but I would assume it would be obvious. However, ONE, five-second scene is not enough to change my opinion on this series
Let me guess, Ayu's bath scene? I didn't see anything wrong with it.
Orophin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 17:48   Link #249
billborden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orophin View Post
Let me guess, Ayu's bath scene? I didn't see anything wrong with it.
Wooooow... I've watched the series twice, and don't even remember this scene. I need to go back and see if I'm just blind.
Old 2008-09-29, 18:20   Link #250
Orophin

Quote:
Originally Posted by billborden View Post
Wooooow... I've watched the series twice, and don't even remember this scene. I need to go back and see if I'm just blind.
Here's a screenshot of it:
Spoiler for Ayu's bath scene:
Orophin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 06:30   Link #251
rapidfire

When i was watching Kanon i really liked it, and back then would have been inclined to rate it quite high. However, as it progressed it kinda lost i's momentum and became confusing at times.
My biggest complaint would be Shiori's "illness", which we never witness, never see her suffer any symptoms, it doesn't affect her in any way (well she doesn't go to school, but then she does just as she is apparently dying from her illness??? Who the hell would consider that a good idea?), and then she recovers from it. It made that whole story arc feel quite empty and pointless.

There was a major moe overload as the story progressed too, but i wont complain about that as it IS Kanon.
Ayu's ending confused me too.

Of course, this is said AFTER I've finished watching Clannad, which showed me how this style of anime is supposed to be made. I felt much more connected to Clannad than Kanon. it also felt more balanced.

All up, 6.5, maybe 7 for Kanon.

Last edited by rapidfire; 2011-04-16 at 11:17. Reason: Spelling mistakes and bad grammer.
rapidfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 18:30   Link #252
Shinigami_Mello
All hail Oyashiro-sama

Send a message via MSN to Shinigami_Mello
Thats the exact same thing I felt, I'm glad I wasnt the only one.
I didnt mind Shiori's too much since there are some illnessess that have no symptoms and no apparent affects. And one day it'll just go all out. ( I remember I heard of a good example of it, but I cant remember it now. Something doing with the ribcage)
Shinigami_Mello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 14:51   Link #253
Solafighter
Hige

Same here. I watched Kanon 3 times(first time good one year ago[and i will watch it a fourth time soon]) and everytime, i cant explain why Ayu is there and how it would be kinda possible. Yeah sure its mystery but... mh anyway, i realy loooove it and its still one of my top favourites ever.
Old 2008-10-18, 18:46   Link #254
Tiran86

Currently its number 8 on my top 10 list . I gave it a 9/10 because while its great and has been a favorite since I finished it, I don't think its quite worthy of a 10/10, although its a fantastic series.
Tiran86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-28, 18:45   Link #255
Konataist1977

I loved Makoto's story; it's like a beautiful folk tale. The arc with the demon-hunter girl (can't remember her name) was really well done.

The rest of the series got more and more depressing and I gave up on it about two-thirds of the way through. The amusing comic bits and moe factor just aren't enough to make this an essential series.

The first half of the series: Four auu~ out of five.
The second half of the series: Two uguu~ out of five.
Konataist1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 02:19   Link #256
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

This remake, while vastly better than Toei's '02 version, won't break my 70-point ceiling for most anime (except CLANNAD and Haruhi - which is something else for somewhere else.) for some knocks here and there.

Story: Better planned than Toei's. You can't do an anime of this style without at LEAST 20 episodes. Toei got that wrong. But still, between Shiori's arc and the end, too much time was dragged along, and this could be used on Shiori, Mai and possibly Nayuki. (-10)

Design: It's KyoAni. Majorly good, but then again, Yuuichi looks like Kyon taking care of kids his sis' age. Thank God that they didn't use Itsuki.

Theme songs: Not exactly interesting. CLANNAD had better ones. But still an improvement over '02. (-5)

Setting: As a Japanese local, I know of 3 flaws:
- It's never going to snow so much in Osaka. (Moriguchi IS in Osaka)
- Osaka isn't anywhere near north.
- Osaka isn't that hilly. (-5 each)

Still, a wonderful effort, as for me, 70 is already very good. Haruhi is 90, btw, and CLANNAD, about 80. I always there's something better in the future, therefore I never give 100 to a series... LOL.
ZephyrLeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 11:35   Link #257
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

May I comment a bit ?

Story, btw, when you're talking about the story, remember, that some girls in 2006 version are "coming from nowhere" after ending from some arcs, it's kinda you playing the game. In original Kanon they made it much better.

Theme song in Kanon is much better then in Clannad. And opening visual line is better too.

- points for facts and settings ? You're watching anime, my friend. Let's make some minuses for fox girls too, why not ?
Old 2008-11-13, 12:18   Link #258
seiji_kun

Well the theme song is to each his own opinion. The settings however, I can't believe somebody would ever hold that against an anime. Well to each his own.

This is one of my favorite, in it's genre even my favorite. Guess it helped that he ended up with the person I wanted. Also that she survived, it actually made me appreciate dramas more. Kind of fell in love with dramas cause of this series and I still think it's beat every other drama that I saw. I prefer it so much more then Clannad or Air. Well the only anime series that comes close to Kanon in it's genre is EF - a tale of memories. 9.5 cause nothing is perfect, but this certainly comes close for me.
Old 2008-11-13, 12:20   Link #259
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

For me Kanon 2006 is one of the best animes and takes the first place with Kiminozo in my top. If someone interested.
Old 2008-11-13, 22:31   Link #260
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littm View Post
For me Kanon 2006 is one of the best animes and takes the first place with Kiminozo in my top. If someone interested.
Oh yeah, btw, which faction are you in? Suzumiya or Hayase?
ZephyrLeanne is offline   Reply With Quote