AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto - Episode 14 (TRUE ROUTE) Rating
Perfect 10 31 36.05%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 27 31.40%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 23.26%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 6.98%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.16%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-04-25, 22:51   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Ore no Imouto - Episode 14 (TRUE ROUTE) Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Ore no Imouto, Episode 14 (TRUE ROUTE).

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2011-04-26, 01:02   Link #2
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

Looks like the best is still left for the last episode.

Oh well, still plenty more to check out when subs come out tomorrow.
Old 2011-04-26, 01:18   Link #3
revive4563

Spoiler for true route 14:
Old 2011-04-26, 01:26   Link #4
relentlessflame

*Administrator

(In this week's round of OP changes, Kirino kicks Kyousuke and he goes flying, and he literally "gives up the ghost" while Manami tries to shove it back in. Also, Kuroneko sitting at Kirino's computer.)

Spoiler for Very Rough Summary:
So basically this week was about further developing Kuroneko's character, showing her gain confidence through her interactions with Kyousuke, and perhaps falling for him even more. We also see her develop a friendship with Sena (another fellow "Otaku" of a different flavour) building a little bit on what she learned through her interactions with Kirino (about appreciating other people's strengths and the value of camaraderie in spite of differences). Kyousuke was worried that Kuroneko'd be all alone and unable to make friends, but he discovers in the end that his fears are unfounded. (I'd say that he's been pretty important to her in more ways than he realizes, and he's as clueless about her feelings as he is about Kirino's.)

Next time is the last episode, but according to the title of course, "not".

Edit: I think the main thing I missed in my first viewing but see now was the connection between the reason she's willing to ask for Sena's help, and the way she's behaving with Kyousuke. She doesn't want to lose to Kirino, whether it's in Kirino's remarkable aptitude at everything she does (and so the need to not fail at making the game), or her relationship with Kyousuke (hence why she's even calling him Nii-san now). She surely knew when Kyousuke suggested an eroge that it was sort of in memory of Kirino, but she agreed to go along with it anyway because she's okay with playing the substitute-sister for now if it means staying close to him. But I don't think it's out of pure rivalry to Kirino, but more out of a sort of envy/jealousy of what Kirino has and I think we can safely say some level of feelings for Kyousuke. And, of course, it's no surprise that she has better insight into Kirino's feelings for Kyousuke than either of them have (or will admit to having). I think I understand now the way the story is headed, as this episode fills in a lot of gaps.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2011-04-26 at 06:43. Reason: fix typo & add additional thought
Old 2011-04-26, 05:14   Link #5
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
subs came out yay for another HNNNNNNNNGH Kuroneko moments
Old 2011-04-26, 06:14   Link #6
Silaqui

Send a message via ICQ to Silaqui
Homo-RPG... that killed me.
Old 2011-04-26, 06:51   Link #7
Kopi
Σ(゚ロ゚ノ)ノ

Kuroneko pretty much got a dirty mouth this episode with all the "masturbation" word coming out one after another

But it couldn't be compared to Akagi homo rpg game with characters basing on the male club members..

More Kuroneko and Kyousuke moments. Too bad Kyousuke didn't really catch onto Kuroneko's confession (no dere dere expression though ..)
Old 2011-04-26, 06:52   Link #8
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

I loved Sena's unabashed... enthusiasm for her tastes.

I kind of wonder how much of Kuroneko's flirting with Kyosuke is because of her obsession with one-upping Kirino.
Old 2011-04-26, 07:24   Link #9
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
I know I've said this before, but the complete lack of Kirino really boosts my enjoyment of this series.
Spoiler for Ep 14:
Old 2011-04-26, 08:52   Link #10
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Another excellent episode. This anime has been so damn good ever since Kirino disappeared it feels like I'm watching a totally different show.

The reason I enjoy these episodes so much isn't solely because Kuroneko stole the spotlight, even the dialogues, drama and humor seem better than the in the rest of the series. Are my Kuroneko googles blinding me? The homo-RPG was hilarious, and Kuroneko's speech was superb (first time I've heard anybody say "onani" so much in such a short time :lol . I had a smile on my face throughout most of the episode.

The best scene was the one taking place in Kyousuke's bedroom. Ruri teased him masterfully, not only through words but through body language too. I would have totally rubbed that foot. Her "Then I'll call you Nii-san when we're alone" was the coup de grace. Oh god.

I usually couldn't care less about pairings war, but if Kyousuke chooses Kirino over Ruri, I'm gonna rage hard.
Old 2011-04-26, 08:54   Link #11
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

The whole idea of the project was to build teamwork between Akagi and Kuroneko in making a game together but I can't help but think that having both of their ideas put in a competition where the rest of the club votes which is better would only cause further rifts between an already dysfunctional relationship. It was only sheer coincidence that Kuroneko's game happens to have a lot of bugs in it that only Akagi could fix that managed to make them work together.

Other than that this episode was quite entertaining. I was pissing myself when Akakgi revealed how messed up her game was and it's sweet that Kirino has had such a positive impact on Kuroneko.

Anyway, was that a Tohno Shiki reference at the end?

The icing on the cake is that they end up winning the shitty game award instead. XD
Old 2011-04-26, 08:58   Link #12
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

I don't know if it's seiyuu work, but I always find the girls' impression of each other pretty flawless (when Sena does that Kuroneko impression in an attempt to dissuade Ruri from making an eroge). xp/

Again, the new eps show that the lack of Kirino + more Kuroneko + more Sena = more win.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2011-04-26, 09:03   Link #13
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Other than that this episode was quite entertaining. I was pissing myself when Akakgi revealed how messed up her game was and it's sweet that Kirino has had such a positive impact on Kuroneko.

At least Kirino was good for something

& yup, that was a Tsukihime reference, not doubt.
Old 2011-04-26, 09:27   Link #14
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

As said, i trade any girl in the series for a Kuroneko only episode, well Sena was in it too, not that i mind about it. And the title exactly fits the episode well... especially during Kuroneko x Kyousuke scene on Kyousuke's room. Being invited to be next to Kuroneko on the bed.. i could only wish if its me being in the room instead of Kyousuke at that time. I would be a happy guy, to be beside Kuroneko... and to be treated like a slave? I srsly don't mind if its Kuroneko. I would rub and massage that leg of her anytime anyday shiawase desu~

The part when Kuroneko said about loving Kyousuke as much as his imouto loves him, i can see how much Kuroneko loves Kyousuke there. And i'm glad Kyousuke was being clueless about it, and for once i praised him for not understanding Kuroneko's reply, when i would usually rage about it on many occasions during previous eps, like when Tamura invited him to sleep on her lap. This way, it would create more beautiful scenes between Kuroneko and Kyousuke in the future, though we are left with 1 more ep to go. Kinda hope that they would extend the series into a 2nd season, to end the whole things between Kyousuke and the girls... that would be perfect for me.

Overall episode was perfect.. i don't see why this episode should be rated any lower than 10. Kuroneko is so delicious in this episode, especially when she was lying on the bed with the school uniform. This feeling might be diff if she wore the usual goth loli outfit... kinda like lessening her charm there. Thats why Kuroneko in school uniform gets 10/10 from me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The best scene was the one taking place in Kyousuke's bedroom. Ruri teased him masterfully, not only through words but through body language too. I would have totally rubbed that foot. Her "Then I'll call you Nii-san when we're alone" was the coup de grace. Oh god.

I usually couldn't care less about pairings war, but if Kyousuke chooses Kirino over Ruri, I'm gonna rage hard.
^
Exactly this.
Old 2011-04-26, 09:47   Link #15
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
11/10

Even better than the previous one, I just hope Kirino does not come back to ruin the show again

By the way, how are these episodes released? along with DVDs, novels, stand-alone OVA

EDIT: Nevermind figured it out.

Last edited by Malkuth; 2011-04-26 at 11:12.
Old 2011-04-26, 10:10   Link #16
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Oh wow I must admit the humor in this episode especially with Akagi's homo fetish and even using the club members as models for the characters in the game was just priceless.

Never have I heard a girl use the word masturbation in a Non-Hentai before in my life. ^_^
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
Old 2011-04-26, 11:06   Link #17
larethian

I'm nitpicking here, but "Chiba's Fallen Saint" in the last scene is a mistranslation. Even though it has the same writing as Chiba as in Chiba Prefecture, Kuroneko reads it as "Senyou" (volume 4 chapter 3 chatroom scene), meaning "thousand leaves".
Old 2011-04-26, 11:26   Link #18
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Damn, it's like soemone close to me returned again or something. What is this feeling?
Ah, who cares, I'm off watching the episode! :3
Old 2011-04-26, 11:48   Link #19
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
A pretty good episode overall. Some great moments like in Kyousuke's room where Kuroneko really stepped things up . Of course she probably should have put the "I like you" a bit differently since putting it at the same level as Kirino won't really get through to Kyousuke. Though maybe she's still working on building up things between them before she really makes it fully clear to him.

Maybe one of the best parts was where Kyousuke came up with the eroge project and Kuroneko was actually willing to do it if he told her to . Of course when he talked about helping out with the h-scenes she blew up .

Should be good moving towards the last of these episodes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
The whole idea of the project was to build teamwork between Akagi and Kuroneko in making a game together but I can't help but think that having both of their ideas put in a competition where the rest of the club votes which is better would only cause further rifts between an already dysfunctional relationship. It was only sheer coincidence that Kuroneko's game happens to have a lot of bugs in it that only Akagi could fix that managed to make them work together.

The icing on the cake is that they end up winning the shitty game award instead. XD
Yeah they really did luck out there. Really having them compete and then trying to work on the project that beat out the losers....While obviously Kyousuke's idea about just doing an eroge didn't work out it was a good idea in terms of choosing a different project and thus avoid issues of competition.
Old 2011-04-26, 11:55   Link #20
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
Kuroneko is such an awesome character. I don't find her cute or whatever like most people, just seems like she'd be awesome to hang out with, I find it hard to believe she has no friends.

Great episode, though I found 13 to be funnier.