AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 26 18.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 35 25.18%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 17.99%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 12.23%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 8.63%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 5.04%
4 out of 10 : Poor 9 6.47%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.44%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 4.32%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-03, 03:03   Link #461
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroy0097 View Post
We need a normal teenage male character who is rooted in reality. Someone who if they were dating Sheryl would be thinking about nothing more than how to do into her pants the entire time. Now that's a real male teenager.
Oh, you mean one who would have no chance with her, like Michael? ^^
Old 2008-09-03, 03:14   Link #462
sekidousai
Ra-ou
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroy0097
We need a normal teenage male character who is rooted in reality. Someone who if they were dating Sheryl would be thinking about nothing more than how to do into her pants the entire time. Now that's a real male teenager.
Hmm... You might be also implying that Alto is not a real teenage male? These past few episodes im really wondering now about Alto's sexuality... he has this aura of being a closet queen.... Like he is just acting tough all the time but in reality he has a true heart of a maiden~~~♥ now that Michel is gone... hmmm i wonder............
Old 2008-09-03, 03:23   Link #463
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

He's saying that Alto's a fictional teenage male -_-

http://sining83.blogspot.com
Old 2008-09-03, 03:29   Link #464
sekidousai
Ra-ou
*Graphic Designer

lols i know... I was just having a jab at kilroy's post wingman
Alto being a closet queen will never happen as it would mess up the whole story.

Last edited by sekidousai; 2008-09-03 at 03:46.
Old 2008-09-03, 04:52   Link #465
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy

Well kind of but at half speed than it is in those anime. More self control than just blatant oggleing and grabing of female bits constantly. You can still have romance and the chase and let the teenager be normal teenagers. By showing some attempt at stealing peeks of naughty bits or doing the yawn hug thing or attempting to kiss her instead of her kissing him. He's just a wuss. Beginning to start believing sekidousai on the closet thing.
Old 2008-09-03, 05:26   Link #466
skyfirefly
Reisen + Cuppy Cake ♥
*Graphic Designer

as much as I dont want to think like that me myself is thinking about sekidousai's post...
Alto's just somehow just too gentle as I think or he has respect upon our two singers who like him.. that's why I hate to think it that way but.... >_<
Old 2008-09-03, 06:13   Link #467
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I agree that Alto is too "gentle" when deal with girl. But maybe he have not had that much experience with girl in the beginning. He may have home-tutor all those years, before leave home at the age of 15, who know

Then we have some culture which find it's strange to have a soulmate before you reach 20(it's real, but i rather not name it), who know if MF is not one of them =D
Old 2008-09-03, 06:23   Link #468
Wesley84

I say he's simply not interested.
Old 2008-09-03, 07:21   Link #469
anyme

I say He's a hime with mother complex!!(& he love the sky than anything else!!)
Old 2008-09-03, 10:22   Link #470
indr0008
Physicist

Send a message via MSN to indr0008 Send a message via Yahoo to indr0008
so tomorrow we'll have a thread for ep 22?
Old 2008-09-03, 13:17   Link #471
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

I say Alto is an airplane geek and so he doesn't KNOW WHAT to do when an actual girl shows interest in him... let alone two! He's lolling around dumbfounded.
Old 2008-09-03, 23:17   Link #472
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

I'd say all those years of being treated like a girl has severely screwed Alto over mentally.

Old 2008-09-04, 11:09   Link #473
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
I'd say all those years of being treated like a girl has severely screwed Alto over mentally.
No, having scripted lines and choregraphy drilled into his little brain is what screwed him up.
Old 2008-09-04, 12:24   Link #474
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

It's more like Alto's the girl (being chased) and Sheryl's the male (the one chasing).

Old 2008-09-04, 18:09   Link #475
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
It's more like Alto's the girl (being chased) and Sheryl's the male (the one chasing).
Which is very typical these days.
Old 2008-09-07, 18:37   Link #476
Mavrickjubei
U Get What U Expect

Send a message via Yahoo to Mavrickjubei
If Michel/Mikhail(every fansub spells it different, go figure) is truly dead, someone did some lousy scripting. Just when Mikhail and Klan relationship was starting to bloom they kill him?! I still think he will mysteriously pop up later.

I agree with the other poster. They were in the SMS hangar and could not find no valkryies except for some booster suits? Come on. They went underground and yet the explosion exposed the area to the outside space which sucked Michel/Mikhail out. Ozmo and Alto needs to wipe the slate clean of Leon and Brera-san. Sheryl needs to spill the beans about grace instead of being quite.
Old 2008-09-07, 21:08   Link #477
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrickjubei View Post
If Michel/Mikhail(every fansub spells it different, go figure) is truly dead, someone did some lousy scripting. Just when Mikhail and Klan relationship was starting to bloom they kill him?! I still think he will mysteriously pop up later.

I agree with the other poster. They were in the SMS hangar and could not find no valkryies except for some booster suits? Come on. They went underground and yet the explosion exposed the area to the outside space which sucked Michel/Mikhail out. Ozmo and Alto needs to wipe the slate clean of Leon and Brera-san. Sheryl needs to spill the beans about grace instead of being quite.
It was all for the sake of causing Alto to take the initiative. You know, instead of actually developing his own feelings and waiting for the proper time, they wanted to compel him with death prospects and desperation, which makes for a lousy basis for a relationship.

And Sheryl doesn't know anything about Grace, besides the fact that Grace basically raised and supported Sheryl all through her life, even providing medical treatment so that she could live and grow comfortably.
Old 2008-09-07, 21:17   Link #478
glyph

Quote:
It's Michael/Michel apparently, according to his tombstone. I stand corrected.

He'll turn up mysteriously in Season Two... only to be turn out to be Grace in disguise. :evil:
Old 2008-09-08, 01:03   Link #479
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
The more I think, the more I believe a second season will come out. If Sheryl is cured (which should be done for the sake of EITHER ending of the current story on a high note or opening the door to a second season), I would kill to see her come back strong as an idol with Ranka in a long quest for truth.

Now that you say it, it seems a little weird to kill Michel right now just after his relationship with Klan just bloomed. What's even stranger is how Grace played with Michel's mind by reminding him of the incident with his dead sister; we all said that Jessica's death was surrounded by mystery and Grace went out far to dig that information. I wouldn't be surprised if Grace "recruits" Michel in her little army using the painful memories of Jessica the same way she did on Brera. That way, we'd have some good mystery for all "detectives" here to work on.
Old 2008-09-08, 01:36   Link #480
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

The only time the producers did a follow up of a series was with Macross 7 and even that was not considered a full fledged continuation but a set of random episodes. I'm not talking about movies here either.

At best we will get a movie or a couple of oav's. Still, as most of you know we were presented with a 'resolving of the triangle' predicament in an interview. The chances of a second series are rather slim if even they existed at all.

I don't mind closing a great series like Frontier. An end is an end and I would hate to have a cliffhanger after all of those episodes. What I would look out for is a movie like DYRL. Let's just hope that the ending will not make us stand in the check up lines at the airport while on our 'Rest of the world to kill the director campaign'.

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Closed Thread