AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > KonoMini

Notices

View Poll Results: To Much Nakedness?
Way to much 18 15.38%
A tad to much 29 24.79%
Just the Right Amount 40 34.19%
Alittle more 30 25.64%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-19, 06:22   Link #21
nephilim
Loves Kaori

i'm borned a male too. i do not dislike the ecchi parts but neither do i like it crazily. juz felt that it's ok. i'm more concerned with the story than the fan services though

<--------- is a serious guy
Old 2004-05-19, 09:56   Link #22
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

oh if you wanna talk excessive, most people brush it off but for every nude scene there are 3 scenes of jennifer getting drunk off her ass and pouring alcohol down another person's throat (usually ioneous, who i assume is the only one the creators could get away with since he's not human and the rest of the cast are all minors -_-)
Old 2004-05-19, 11:06   Link #23
nephilim
Loves Kaori

oh ya, if you are talking about irritating, i think jennifer and her alcohol scenes are most disturbing, much more than naked scenes, and, in my opinion, not humorous and unneccesary.

however, i respect the fact that the anime is created not for only one type of people but a variety of closely related ones.
Old 2004-05-19, 11:32   Link #24
Spiggy
Invisible

Send a message via AIM to Spiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Spiggy
I voted for just the right amount. There are some shots that were unnecessary but that's fanservice for ya. It kind of caught me off guard when I saw ep1 and low and behold, boobs. Also they are from space so maybe the have some type of weird insulation and they don't need clothes. I just want them to have a variation in clothes so that's my only complaint.
Old 2004-05-20, 02:43   Link #25
Yuun
~Trying to Enjoy Life~

Send a message via MSN to Yuun
Hmm... i think Jennifer is just a plain annoying character but shouldn't be cast out as she played the important role in giving "Hipotesis" to all those mysterious.

Actually i don't find her irritating but rather amusing... isn't that true... forcing other to drink beer and making others drunk isn't a very good morale but i just can't help laughing at that scene. At least is better than Shikijou sensei... i rather cast her out than Jennifer...

Besides...all the character in the anime is very important as they all seems to play quite a important role in their places...
Old 2004-05-20, 07:19   Link #26
Casshern

I don't really think that the amount of "fanservice" is as relevant as the way it's presented. Imo, the way it's presented in Konomini is not "sexy" but funny
I don't think it's meant to "arrouse". So I wouldn't care if there was more or less fanservice than there is right now.

e.g:
The jacket-zipper scene in the first ep, I thought it was cute and funny.

As for Jennifer, I like the way they have added a subtle depth to her character in spite of her wacky, "ecchi", alcoholic surface. Imo, it would have been motonous if the anime only consisted of insecure teenagers with hidden feelings who are embarased about pretty much everything. Jennifer, with her headstrong attitude, confidence and irresponsibility makes the story more interesting and funnier.
Old 2004-05-20, 09:16   Link #27
Spiggy
Invisible

Send a message via AIM to Spiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Spiggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuun
Hmm... i think Jennifer is just a plain annoying character but shouldn't be cast out as she played the important role in giving "Hipotesis" to all those mysterious.

Actually i don't find her irritating but rather amusing... isn't that true... forcing other to drink beer and making others drunk isn't a very good morale but i just can't help laughing at that scene. At least is better than Shikijou sensei... i rather cast her out than Jennifer...

Besides...all the character in the anime is very important as they all seems to play quite a important role in their places...
Sure Jennifer being drunk almost all the time gets kind of old, but she did get alot of info from Aioness when they were drinking. She is the head researcher so I'm thinking that it's a ruse(sp) so that not too many people will pick up what she's up to. Hikari is....scary. It's almost like she has a split personality. I wonder if Akari has the same personality or if she's as innocent as she appears to be. If there's a manga out which I'm assuming there is don't type it please.

Sol//Aris - that jacket zipping scene was pretty funny.

I also liked the scene where Akari brought the beetle to bed w/ her. That was a riot!!
Old 2004-05-21, 07:35   Link #28
Yuun
~Trying to Enjoy Life~

Send a message via MSN to Yuun
Hmm...i like this anime alot... hehehe and it seems to me that ep7 is totally deferent compare with the previous ep... i mean the art. Somehow it seems to me that the artwork turns into cute version with 2 big eyes and no nose & mouth...just so cute >.< Kawaii... cannot stand the cuteness.

But i still love the Evil Hikari version. Wo...the cute version doesn't catch my attention much becoz is just like the old Mahoro but the evil version one are not. She's damn cool man... i love her evil version (Hope can get such girl friend like her)

I think almost all the episodes makes me laugh. I love all the scene and i don't have any complain about the anime so far. Hopefully it won't leave a weakness for me to complain of...hehehe...
Old 2004-05-21, 09:32   Link #29
Casshern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuun
i love her evil version (Hope can get such girl friend like her)
Yeah yeah...you just want her to destroy your school

j/k ^^
Old 2004-05-24, 03:21   Link #30
MidNteJ

i just think its a tad to much.. i mean this anime to ME... wouldve been great with or without the nude scenes.... i dont mind it all but at times... i guess i can be explained by someone saying im one of those sheltered anime watchers?... i watch some what good decent amount of anime... each of them i watch doesnt have nudity... n each of them were great
Old 2004-05-31, 10:28   Link #31
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
More fanservice the better why do you think I sub this and other series ?
Old 2004-06-01, 15:59   Link #32
abubo

Geez...

The nakedness is not that bad. By Japanese standards, this is just a normal seinen series. People expect to see some sort of nakedness in these series.

Japanese people are more open toware nudity. Families take bath together daily. Communial bath house are everywhere, and in some places even old mix baths still exist. Nobody really cares about naked breasts; you can see them in children's manga and anime. Do you know what happens when you visit some homes? The oba-san or the ka-san of the house will come in to your bath and scrub your back, as a show of hospitality. No, they don't care about how nekkid you are.

In Japan, it's the intention that determines Ecchi or Hentai-ness. If you just show a shower scene, like with Hikari and Jennifer, where nothing sexual was going on, it's not even Ecchi. Just a nude scene, people. When Jennifer displays sexual advancement toward Takeru, now that's a little Ecchi, even with no nudity. Compare to real ecchi series like TenTen, KonoMini is NOTHING.

I think in order to adjust anime fully, one gotta sometimes adjust their inner "moral" scale a bit. Don't compare anime by what you watch in the US; think about the tons of true hentai and prono the average Japanese men openly exposed to daily, and then think about the relaxed attitude the Japanese has about nakedness. You'll enjoy KonoMini that much more.
Old 2004-06-01, 17:57   Link #33
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abubo
The nakedness is not that bad. By Japanese standards, this is just a normal seinen series. People expect to see some sort of nakedness in these series.

Japanese people are more open toware nudity. Families take bath together daily. Communial bath house are everywhere, and in some places even old mix baths still exist. Nobody really cares about naked breasts; you can see them in children's manga and anime. Do you know what happens when you visit some homes? The oba-san or the ka-san of the house will come in to your bath and scrub your back, as a show of hospitality. No, they don't care about how nekkid you are.

In Japan, it's the intention that determines Ecchi or Hentai-ness. If you just show a shower scene, like with Hikari and Jennifer, where nothing sexual was going on, it's not even Ecchi. Just a nude scene, people. When Jennifer displays sexual advancement toward Takeru, now that's a little Ecchi, even with no nudity. Compare to real ecchi series like TenTen, KonoMini is NOTHING.

I think in order to adjust anime fully, one gotta sometimes adjust their inner "moral" scale a bit. Don't compare anime by what you watch in the US; think about the tons of true hentai and prono the average Japanese men openly exposed to daily, and then think about the relaxed attitude the Japanese has about nakedness. You'll enjoy KonoMini that much more.

There is also an ancient proverb in Japan that says "You don't truly get to understand a person until you've taken a bath together."

Which in saying, when you are naked in the bath house or in the hot spring, everyone is the same, and there is no class structure - everyone is the way they were as if they were born. Hence, it was one of the only places where a merchant (the lowest class), an artisan, a peasant, and an elite samurai could share equality and mingle together in conversation without any limits to class boundaries.
Old 2004-06-08, 12:05   Link #34
Cammie
Smooth and Curvy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakukojin
The only part of Konomini that I thought they could've done without was the shower scene with Hikari and Jennifer.
I absolutely agree with you... I think the konomini is pretty good but there is some nudity on every episode...
Old 2004-06-11, 18:45   Link #35
Ogata
Underling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammie
I absolutely agree with you... I think the konomini is pretty good but there is some nudity on every episode...
does it really matter??? it's just anime... don't use anime to contribute to real life..otherwise there would be threads like this posting about Green Green's nudity..same deal.... it wouldn't matter...as abubo said up there earlier you can say it's like culture for them....you just don't see there perspective... of course in our country it's not naturual to see People taking Co Ed Baths or your Grandma scrubbing your back naked...it's there culture...let it be.....Remember.... ANIME IF FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPORSES... it doesn't have to resolve to real life issues like nudity...
Old 2004-06-11, 22:15   Link #36
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Also you have to realize that Anime is mainly produced for Japanese audiences.

The studios never take to mind the Westerner fans like us when they are planning and then producing brand new anime, which is always broadcasted in Japan.

Anime either reflects their morale, culture, traditions, or fantasies and are delivered to the viewers.
Old 2004-06-11, 23:01   Link #37
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Hey now, you can also interpret that Akari and Hikari aren't prudes...and that's not a bad thing.

Oh shit, nice sig there Spiggy.
Secca did a great job...but I think it'll look even better if the mini-shot is from a different picture.
Old 2004-06-27, 10:43   Link #38
PsionicXero
Meticulously frivolous

Hey, fan service is a good thing, its like the pizza in ur pizza box, worthless without it. im not saying animes with out fan service is worthless, im just say they need to be pretty dam good, like Evangelion!
Old 2004-06-27, 13:23   Link #39
Kazuki
Blade Child

Send a message via AIM to Kazuki Send a message via MSN to Kazuki
Nani!?!? You can never have too much nekitness. More I say, more more!

-=runs from people who think i'm a pervert=-
Old 2004-06-28, 00:20   Link #40
PsionicXero
Meticulously frivolous

yes, u can never get enough fan service
Closed Thread