AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2003-11-12, 12:10   Link #41
Edo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterx
yea she's crazy like that. btw 19 is out and I think they switched animation teams.. the drawing is sort of ugly probably one of the worst airmaster episodes. crappy fight too
who's subbing it?
Edo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-12, 12:40   Link #42
Merco
I like pie

Airmaster 19 discussion [spoiler]

Alright, for you guys who have seen 19 already, I have to honestly say the ninja's techniques were kinda.... generic is the best word I can think of right now. It was a decent fight and what not... but I was hoping Maki would do something cooler then just try and side-kick the face of each ninja clone until she got the right one. When I first heard her say all she had to do was hit all of em, I was hoping she'd do something like a spinning kick. (I suppose it wouldn't make sense though, given she was so disoriented)

Can't wait for 20 now... 19 ends with a chance of a really crazy fight coming up. In the friggin street... how insane is that fight going to be lol.
Merco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-12, 13:16   Link #43
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

the one I watched was subbed by darkanime. I just saw a torrent by cc for eps 19 too
hunterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-12, 15:24   Link #44
Mephisto03
セスラハニカ

20 is good, it will be timed tonight. Also 21 2morrow. I just started watching this from 19 and i like it but don't think i'll go back to the beginning and start watching it.
Mephisto03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-12, 16:44   Link #45
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

yea the animation seems to have been done by someone else for eps 19, that's why the fight wasn't that good. no fancy stuff but it was ok. towards the end where that wrestler chick was running into that guy I was saying to myself it's gotta be him and bam.. it was him lol
Old 2003-11-12, 18:50   Link #46
t//a//s
]| 百合 addict |[

Send a message via MSN to t//a//s
Hello everyone ^^

The best thread for my 1st post
Airmaster is definitely great, I'm surprised to see that i like every single character ( even if i just watched 14 eps)...
At first, I thought this concept of 'one fight per ep' would become a bit boring but it's not ^o^ /

Anyway, thx to HQA & N! for adopting a more regular pace for the releases ^^
t//a//s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-12, 23:09   Link #47
Relentless
Certifiably insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterx
yea she's crazy like that. btw 19 is out and I think they switched animation teams.. the drawing is sort of ugly probably one of the worst airmaster episodes. crappy fight too
You mean, even uglier than usual? :P

I dont't care, Air Master is not the land of the vacuos pretty faces, it's the land of six foot girls who really, really can stomp on a face. I cringe everytime Maki lands a kick, thinking: "Oww, that had to hurt!"

Anybody thinks we will have more than 26 episodes? AFAIK the manga is still running. I hope they don't make up a crappy ending
Relentless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-13, 01:55   Link #48
Hayamaneko
cat boy?

Send a message via AIM to Hayamaneko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relentless

Anybody thinks we will have more than 26 episodes? AFAIK the manga is still running. I hope they don't make up a crappy ending

actually, Air Master ended already at a total count of 27 episodes. Dont worry about the ending though; since Anime Nations John saw the finale and thought that it was one of the best endings he has seen since the ending to the Gunbuster OVA. And i think its safe to say that they will be making more Air Master since it was pretty popular in Japan and the fact that the manga is still ongoing.

anyways, out of the new fansub groups that have just started subbing Air Master, who do you all think is the best. I personally think that cc is the best new one. the translation is the best out of the two other groups, and he leaves all the segements intact (even though he doesnt bother to translate the "next ep" segment). the biggest drawback is that the file size is pretty big.
Hayamaneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-13, 14:14   Link #49
DarkSide Hero
Hero From the Darkside

Did she Kill that Ninja dude? By the way he looked. i thought he was dead.
DarkSide Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-13, 15:34   Link #50
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

probably not. I thought ruchamaster was dead too after maki rammed his head into the wall. Also he told the ninja guy she was leaving, so I don't think he's dead
Old 2003-11-14, 14:00   Link #51
Citan

Send a message via AIM to Citan
No, the ninja didnt die I beleive. She used the same technique that she used to knock out the Virtual Fighter guy in ep 18. So he should be ok, though a lame character he may be. The next episode looks like it could be exciting. I cant wait.
Citan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-17, 21:40   Link #52
Collectonian

Send a message via Yahoo to Collectonian
I really love Airmaster (and I don't get why the critics trash it so much...yeah Renge is annoying, but the show is side splittingly funny with awesome fight scenes...what more could you ask for?).

Anyway, I'm glad to see other groups are subbing it. I've already gotten eps 18 and 19, but I have a question. What is the title for episode 18? The group I grabbed the sub for hadn't translated it :-(
Collectonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-18, 10:54   Link #53
DarkSide Hero
Hero From the Darkside

What City does AM take place in? From the looks of Ep 19 it appears to be Nagasaki.
DarkSide Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-22, 02:13   Link #54
CompShrink
getting in comps' heads

Send a message via AIM to CompShrink
Quote:
Only one of the current groups started at episode 1. The others are just low-quality poachers.
Well, if *ahem* "poachers" are the only ones doing a series, it will often get a good group to start on it, or catch up on it. I am not blaming anyone here, we all have lives outside of fansubing(at least I hope we do) and hang ups happen, like sounds like they lost their main translator, or he was indisposed. Still, since for a while NO ONE was doing it, I think it's good to have unknown groups do it.

Everyone was unknown at one point...
CompShrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-24, 05:20   Link #55
Gaara_
ぬけ人

Send a message via AIM to Gaara_
Airmaster

Who likes it, who doesnt?
Gaara_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-24, 11:35   Link #56
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaara_
Who likes it, who doesnt?
Well, I like it, but aren't there already a few threads like this?
a_nevels666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-24, 16:40   Link #57
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

If you had a clue about how to use the function of this forum you would have found
Please show some love for Air Master

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-28, 22:20   Link #58
whatever123

Send a message via MSN to whatever123
airmaster20 discussion

hey i've just seen this episode nice fight
Spoiler:
whatever123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-29, 22:07   Link #59
elian85

Send a message via ICQ to elian85
good fighting, dont mention rest

right the fightin is quite good, but (mina was she called, or?) that giant tits girl ruins the whole serie. i think they overdid it and in the earlier episodes they talked about a lot of dumb stuff. and this big homo.... oh my but it is gettin bedder since ep 19.
elian85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-30, 01:56   Link #60
whatever123

Send a message via MSN to whatever123
i think that its just that the author wanted it to be a crazy hillarios fighting anime