AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-09-17, 00:50   Link #81
supermegasonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Since the manga, despite having some good things, steadily lost its value for more than 100 chapters, as EssTess put it. For the anime's episode length, it was maybe planned for 1 cour to test its Blu-Ray/DVD popularity, and if it was good and popular enough, they plan for a second season. And the studio behind it is a much recent one (Kinema Citrus).
its definitly gonna need atleast 2 seasons from where the manga is at.
though yea, it did feel kinda boring after a while, its kinda picking up i guess at the lastest chapters, but i think it should finish some time soon.
Old 2012-10-06, 15:13   Link #82
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 17:12   Link #83
ImperialFlameGod8190

Spoiler for Episode 1 review:
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 05:00   Link #84
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

At last, my most anticipated anime this season this season is here. Although they strayed somehow to the original art style in the manga.
Vladrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 05:04   Link #85
Aesthetic Shampoo

Is it confirmed how long this will run for? Because if it's one cour, they have a perfect setup for it to end before the crappy part of the manga begins. Great first episode.
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 05:11   Link #86
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssTEss View Post
Is it confirmed how long this will run for? Because if it's one cour, they have a perfect setup for it to end before the crappy part of the manga begins. Great first episode.
12 episodes IIRC.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 06:17   Link #87
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
This anime is Awesome!!!!!!!!!!! Just the intro was enough to capture me!!!!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 07:34   Link #88
Insane
Banned

Hopefully the anime adaptation get 2-cour and ends before the crappy part begins (chp 115-ongoing). If people keep saying that the manga is getting boring, i kinda agree with them. I started out enjoyed the manga quite a lot, but as it dragged on and on (and on, and on, and on......) I've come to lost interest with it as the action scenes tend to use boring, typical old shounen formula (villains come, intense brawling, beat them, finish).

Just watching eps 1 and i admit that it's a good start. Man, Sakura's reaction towards Ogami is very hilarious and i grateful that they made it very faithful with its manga counterpart.
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 07:38   Link #89
Jerseykid

......Burn!
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 07:54   Link #90
Bern-san

I forgot how much I loved those scenes where the classmates misunderstand Sakura 's intentions with Ogami.

Dogs are suffering this season. First Jojo and now this...
Old 2012-10-07, 09:10   Link #91
II Maestro

The anime adaptation was good. Sakura was cute munching down that onigiri.
Old 2012-10-07, 10:13   Link #92
ookamigirl

Sakurakouji, the school aikido star.
The mysterious transfer student Ogami Rei appears.
She sure was fired up about getting to the bottom of things.
Sakura vs G-Falcon. Not a smart thing.
Luckily, Ogami saved her...
A savior or a ruthless killer?
Guess we'll see next time.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 10:16   Link #93
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Yeah, the 1st ep was pretty good. The thing that makes CB good is it has balanced elements of seriousness and comedy, with the comedic elements being more enjoyable for me, esp when all of the cast gets together. The interactions between Ogami and Sakura were pretty funny as I hoped. I'd like a manga reader to clarify for me something though:

Spoiler for about Ogami's power:

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 10:25   Link #94
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
I forgot how much I loved those scenes where the classmates misunderstand Sakura 's intentions with Ogami.

Dogs are suffering this season. First Jojo and now this...
Had the same impression about dogs. Not a good day to be a dog in anime.

The comedy definitely worked pretty well, but Sakura needs quite a lot more situational awareness. But for whatever plot reasons she's about to be saved, she nearly got herself killed twice for the same lack of awareness to her personal safety.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 10:34   Link #95
Xaturas

Hmmm manga seems to be popular on some online readers. Might as well follow the anime and see if its good. Ep.1 was ok, though there is a lot of bishounen and girl looks like taken out from shoujo manga (her weird eyes).
Old 2012-10-07, 11:24   Link #96
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Yeah, the 1st ep was pretty good. The thing that makes CB good is it has balanced elements of seriousness and comedy, with the comedic elements being more enjoyable for me, esp when all of the cast gets together. The interactions between Ogami and Sakura were pretty funny as I hoped. I'd like a manga reader to clarify for me something though:

Spoiler for about Ogami's power:
Spoiler for Reply to spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
Hmmm manga seems to be popular on some online readers. Might as well follow the anime and see if its good. Ep.1 was ok, though there is a lot of bishounen and girl looks like taken out from shoujo manga (her weird eyes).
Though, the girl looks like someone from another series... I can't get the feeling off of me...
Old 2012-10-07, 12:16   Link #97
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

You know, this is one title in which I don’t mind if the anime-makers make an anime original-ending at the 12/15/24th episode. That’s because the later chapters are so boring it’s enough to kill any interest toward this manga/series.

Even though I was a Samurai Deeper Kyo readers a long time ago and should’ve known what to expect of this mangaka, I’m still pissed off of how he develops Code Breaker. It’s like he doesn’t learn from the flaws of his previous work.

So, let’s enjoy this trip folks. I hope it doesn’t last long so that we only get the best out of Code Breaker . If this becomes popular and get some following seasons, I hope the script-writer can come-up with their original ideas which can be a lot more interesting than the mangaka’s .
Old 2012-10-07, 12:38   Link #98
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post
Spoiler for Reply to spoiler:
Spoiler for reply to "Reply to spoiler":

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 13:07   Link #99
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
My take on this episode is much the same as MisaoFan's.

There wasn't much fancy in this episode, but it was good and solid. The male and female lead both came across well and there was some decent comedy moments.

What stood out to me the most was the excellent BGM, particularly for the comedy moments. That BGM really made a huge difference for me - It turned something that could have easily been horribly cliche to instead being so over-the-top that it felt like it was very self-aware in lampooning the "student celebrity" and "mysterious transfer student" tropes. So the BGM caused a scene to go from "Bad" to "Hilarious", so that was rather impressive, really.

Anyway, yeah, here's hoping that this show can fill the niche that Accel World filled for me over the past two seasons (which in turn was filled by Shana before that).

One question for those familiar with the source material - Is this a reverse harem? I don't mind it if it is, but I'd like to sort of manage my own expectations beforehand if it is a reverse harem.
Old 2012-10-07, 13:18   Link #100
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
One question for those familiar with the source material - Is this a reverse harem? I don't mind it if it is, but I'd like to sort of manage my own expectations beforehand if it is a reverse harem.
In a way, yes it is. But not to a degree where the boys are so dreamy and "beautiful" so that this show can only be enjoyed by girls. It's a shounen after all, with plenty of macho action .

Tags
action, shonen, supernatural