AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross

Notices

Old 2017-12-29, 10:19   Link #121
charles883

I did not expect VF-31 also can equip ghost fighter like Draken. May be Messer use that equipment to counter Keith ghost so fight more fair.
charles883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-29, 11:36   Link #122
Mistyclear

Mirage looks to be relegated to the background again. She got like what a two second cameo...from a reused scene.
Mistyclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-29, 12:06   Link #123
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Notice Mirage didn’t even have a line in the trailer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles883 View Post
I did not expect VF-31 also can equip ghost fighter like Draken. May be Messer use that equipment to counter Keith ghost so fight more fair.
You mean Draken can also equip ghosts like VFs?

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-29, 13:30   Link #124
Convoy
Knight of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash_Hunter View Post
So from that trailer it seems like Walkure will be blamed and maybe persecuted for something, kinda like what happened to Sheryl in the second Frontier movie, there will be more Macross class ships or at least more Elysion type ship (is the Elysion a Macross class ship or is it a new ship class? did we get an answer to that?).
Don't quote me on this but I seem to recall that Macross Elysion is two-thirds the size of the SDF-1 and SDFN series. Elysion is also older than the quarter Macross type seen in Frontier.

I'm not sure if this trailer is firsy confirmation or merely reconfirmation that there is an entire series of two-thirds Macross ships.

Last edited by Convoy; 2017-12-29 at 13:41.
Convoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-29, 14:26   Link #125
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistyclear View Post
Mirage looks to be relegated to the background again. She got like what a two second cameo...from a reused scene.
It makes sense. It's just a movie, they don't have time for a silly love triangle. They'll probably devote most of the screentime to Freyja and Hayate's relationship and the music as weapon storyline with Mikumo and the Walkure.
Old 2017-12-29, 14:26   Link #126
Mistyclear

At least Mirage got a cameo even if no lines...despite being a main character.
Chuck and Arad didn’t get a mention let alone a cameo or lines... Even Roid got a line and a brief cameo alongside Keith.
Old 2017-12-29, 23:59   Link #127
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convoy View Post
Don't quote me on this but I seem to recall that Macross Elysion is two-thirds the size of the SDF-1 and SDFN series. Elysion is also older than the quarter Macross type seen in Frontier.

I'm not sure if this trailer is firsy confirmation or merely reconfirmation that there is an entire series of two-thirds Macross ships.
Keep in mind that there are multiple private military companies in the Macrossverse, each with slightly different standards. So having an entire series of 2/3 Macross is not entirely out of the question.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2017-12-30, 19:49   Link #128
triangler_fans1
MAMEGU fan

I don't know why but the poster of the film reminds me of Ideon, Galient, old's anime.
triangler_fans1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-31, 15:25   Link #129
Convoy
Knight of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistyclear View Post
At least Mirage got a cameo even if no lines...despite being a main character.
I'm probably going to be disappointed, but I can still hope at present that Mirage will actually get in some kills this time around.
Convoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-14, 20:52   Link #130
Mistyclear

Sigh* I find myself looking forward to and yet dreading this movie. After the let down of the second season, I’m slightly afraid about being let down like I was then.
Mirage and Mikumo in particular are a sore point, but Roid and Keith as well as the other knights are also sore points—they barely got any if any at all character development (anime wise, don’t have access to the mangas and novel)—instead (no offense as I do like them) the series just focused on Freyja and Hayate (MC’s I get it) particularly the second half, which came out all dramatic and took away from the other characters and more importantly the fight scenes!
After Messer the battle scenes weren’t nearly as good. Hayate never really learned to fight all that well without Freyja. I miss the scenes were the air battles were about the talent of the pilots themselves (I know Hayate has the potential, unfortunately the the creators never even tried to get him to live up to that potential, instead he became reliant on Freyja—came back to bite the duo too).
I sure hope the movie doesn’t follow the same trend and ruin the characters like the anime did (aside from Kaname and Messer <3). Want to see it and at the same time not...might as well keep my expectations as low as possible, so I don’t become overly disappointed.
....sorry got carried away, will end the post here.
Old 2018-02-09, 13:18   Link #131
Jingdot
Hoina!

I haven't watched the movie yet because I'm poor, but according to JP Twitter and stuff the movie was "excellent" and a thousand times better than the whole 24 episodes of the anime. So far all of those who watched loved it and say that a lot of things were changed for the better.

I dived myself into all the spoilers I could find and damn, it sounds so good. I want to watch it, like, right now D:
Old 2018-02-09, 13:59   Link #132
Tak

Huh, the movie is out eh? Delta almost fell off my radar, I guess I have something to look forward to... maybe I’d be able to acquire additional ‘inspirations’...

- Tak

Old 2018-02-09, 14:07   Link #133
Jingdot
Hoina!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Huh, the movie is out eh? Delta almost fell off my radar, I guess I have something to look forward to... maybe I’d be able to acquire additional ‘inspirations’...

- Tak
I think you can really look forward to it, so far I haven't seen anyone really complaining. There were lots of epic fight scenes and from what I read, they really played a lot parts well and cut unnecessary things.

I just don't know if I'm allowed to post spoilers about a movie that just aired yesterday (going by jp time) so I'll keep silent for now
Old 2018-02-09, 14:25   Link #134
Bgunit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jingdot View Post
I think you can really look forward to it, so far I haven't seen anyone really complaining. There were lots of epic fight scenes and from what I read, they really played a lot parts well and cut unnecessary things.

I just don't know if I'm allowed to post spoilers about a movie that just aired yesterday (going by jp time) so I'll keep silent for now
Don't worry people do it all the time on this site and myanimelist
Bgunit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-09, 15:18   Link #135
Jingdot
Hoina!

Ehh well I don't know, I didn't find anything in the forum rules but I wouldn't wanna bet lol

But from what I heard, there are certainly parts that were changed for the greater good. Must be meaning something when almost everyone says that the 2hour movie is better than the 24-episode anime (even tho I liked the anime, no matter what anyone says)
Old 2018-02-09, 15:27   Link #136
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jingdot View Post
(even tho I liked the anime, no matter what anyone says)
Wuh!? Sorry, I didn't quite catch it last time. *Click* -Holds Jingdot's cat hostage- You want to repeat that last statement one more time?

- Tak

Old 2018-02-09, 15:36   Link #137
Jingdot
Hoina!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Wuh!? Sorry, I didn't quite catch it last time. *Click* -Holds Jingdot's cat hostage- You want to repeat that last statement one more time?

- Tak
C'mon Tak the first half wasn't THAT bad D: The second cour... well. It had its... moments I guess?

But the movie makes up for it entirely
Old 2018-02-09, 15:39   Link #138
CriiGV
Junbi wa inka ne?

I actually quite enjoyed the tv show as well, although I'm excited for the movie from the spoilers I've read.

True, they left out some stuff (that I was really looking forward to, darn you Kawamori) but everyone who's watched the movie so far agrees that it's definitely an upgrade from the tv series.

Also, more Freyja is always good.

Now, if only I lived in Japan and spoke japanese
Old 2018-02-10, 00:30   Link #139
charles883

Im glad studio learned from their mistake and fix the flaw of Macross Delta in the movie.

Those who watched movie already, please spoil me who final boss of the movie and did Messar survive?
charles883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-10, 02:03   Link #140
Dash_Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles883 View Post
Im glad studio learned from their mistake and fix the flaw of Macross Delta in the movie.

Those who watched movie already, please spoil me who final boss of the movie and did Messar survive?
Ok, all of this is just what I have read in other sites

Spoiler for Final Boss and Messer:

Spoiler for Rough Summary of the Movie: