AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-12-26, 09:18   Link #21
complich8
Fansubber Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to complich8
I'd like to point out that mangekyo sharingan isn't all THAT extremely overpowering.

I mean .... itachi has it, and a few other nifty techniques, and he not only failed to capture naruto, he also said to Kisame something to the effect of "If we were to fight Jiraiya, the best we could hope for is everyone dying". So presumably someone of Jiraiya's class would at least be able to counter Mangekyo.

Similarly, "Big Shukaku any time" for Gaara ... that'd be bad. Because it'd mean that Gaara has no personality left to be gnawed on, and Shukaku is running around uncontrollably. While it may win whatever fight, it's not an acceptable solution to ... well ... anything. Gaara's already stronger than your average generic-jounin, especially when he's had a little sleep and his personality isn't destabilized.

Neji already has everything you said except the long-range power. We don't know how Hinata's vision and defense are, we've only seen her do two things: fight against Neji and blush thinking about/talking to Naruto. Presumably

Gamabunta probably wouldn't be too happy about being called out to fight with just anyone. Hopefully Naruto, like Jiraiya, would learn more variety and appropriateness of summons, and bring in warrior-frogs, giant rock frog esophagi, pissed off volkswagon-sized frogs, whatever would be appropriate.

I'd wanna give Shikamaru some more credit, and say he'll have something other than JUST those two techniques (one of which he already has pretty well mastered, the other of which is a logical extension).

Of course, eventually Naruto will be the strongest. Why? Because the series is NAMED AFTER HIM. He's not gonna get beaten down by some lowlife orochimaru-sasuke hybrid, in the end. It'd defeat the purpose.

Granted, we won't see any of that for a few years, so I guess there's not too much point in speculating. Hell, Kishimoto could kill off naruto over the current timeshift, and rename the series "Temari and Shikamaru's Super-Fun Power Sparkle Hour". Which I think I'd want to see, because it'd be hilarious.
complich8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-26, 11:04   Link #22
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

and maybe the mangekyou sharingan can be counter by some special specs that filters off some lite or something since it seems to need eye contact and thus depends on light to be transmitted
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-26, 18:45   Link #23
hyuugafan4

Quote:
Originally Posted by complich8

Similarly, "Big Shukaku any time" for Gaara ... that'd be bad. Because it'd mean that Gaara has no personality left to be gnawed on, and Shukaku is running around uncontrollably. While it may win whatever fight, it's not an acceptable solution to ... well ... anything. Gaara's already stronger than your average generic-jounin, especially when he's had a little sleep and his personality isn't destabilized.

Neji already has everything you said except the long-range power. We don't know how Hinata's vision and defense are, we've only seen her do two things: fight against Neji and blush thinking about/talking to Naruto. Presumably

Gamabunta probably wouldn't be too happy about being called out to fight with just anyone. Hopefully Naruto, like Jiraiya, would learn more variety and appropriateness of summons, and bring in warrior-frogs, giant rock frog esophagi, pissed off volkswagon-sized frogs, whatever would be appropriate.
I'm talking about when gaara trnsformed without being unstable-the time when he took out the 2,000 clones, he was still gaara, but he was in the racoons body.

i dont mean sumon gama anytime just to summon him, im talking aout in a battle he could summon him without first calling the baby frogs on the first try.
hyuugafan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-30, 17:56   Link #24
Yogi

One on One Fight: Rock Lee. Everyone else might be able to perform more attacks, but if Rock Lee is fast enough they will never ever be able to pull of even a single one of them before getting pummled into oblivion, nor will they be able to hit a super-fast opponent even if they somehow manege to perform a technique.

One vs. Many Fight: Up to this date, Garaa has performed the single most devistating area of effect attack seen. Combined with the fact that Shukaku can out-power master summons as well as fire massive chakara balls without tiring, I'd say he takes it, assuming he doesn't have to sleep in the middle of Shukaku's head. If he does, then Naruto's 6,000 kage-bunshins will be able to take the day.

Mission Effectiveness: Hands down Sasuke. With a large chakara pool and complete Sharingan, he'll be able to have a massive library of techniques that can be tailored to each mission's specific needs.
Yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-30, 19:38   Link #25
Mezu
The Guardian

You can't say that Naruto would definetely win, theres a reason why everyone who knows anything about the mangekyou in the Naruto world fears it. Plus, by that time, Sasuke should have surpassed Itachi because he, according to Orochimaru, has eyes that show greater potential than Itachi's. Naruto plus all those abilities is pretty much ownage but if he is put under tsukyomi, hes pretty much done unless he can do some super kyuubi mind attack shit or have kagebunshins attack sasuke while he is using tsukyomi. So its pretty much a unpredictable fight, but I am still routing for Naruto when it occurs because Naruto is 0 - 1 with Sasuke and he still needs to fulfil his lifetime promise to Sakura.
Mezu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-30, 19:40   Link #26
hokagenaruto3
Crescent & Star

Man, to become perfect Naruto should just master everything Kyuubi has to offer him. Without Kyuubi, he's just a loud, clumsy, slow, powerless, staminaless brat, but he DOES have Kyuubi and Kyuubi's chakra is 'different' to say the least. First of all it has a 'form'. It's not just a stream of chakra, but it can probably be bent in all ways (Naruto's Chakra arm). If he learns to compress it outside his body, he's got the ultimate armour, if he learns to bend it, his whole body could be a weapon. Not to mention his ability to blast raw chakra at his opponent.
They say Kyuubi crushed mountains by swinging his tail and I think there is reason to believe he used chakra to do it.
The only thing I fear (but I think is inevitable) is that he's going to throw exploding chakra balls/beams or something. That would complete the dbz comparison.
hokagenaruto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-02, 23:35   Link #27
UchihaShwa
One With The Shwa...

Send a message via AIM to UchihaShwa
I think what might be interesting for a future Naruto "ability," would be for Naruto to be able to use the "dynamic" Kyubi Chakra and meld hand seals without the movement of his physical body at all. As it is Kyubi busts out his chakra and makes his prescence known by forming a face in the "force" of Naruto's Chakra. What if naruto could control the chakra to form the hand seals in front of him without movement of his body or his chakra.

Man I can't really explain what I mean but I hope you all got it
UchihaShwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-03, 10:45   Link #28
Midnyt
Endorsed by Nodoka!~

Send a message via MSN to Midnyt
Quote:
Originally Posted by UchihaShwa
I think what might be interesting for a future Naruto "ability," would be for Naruto to be able to use the "dynamic" Kyubi Chakra and meld hand seals without the movement of his physical body at all. As it is Kyubi busts out his chakra and makes his prescence known by forming a face in the "force" of Naruto's Chakra. What if naruto could control the chakra to form the hand seals in front of him without movement of his body or his chakra.

Man I can't really explain what I mean but I hope you all got it
I instantly though of double ninjutsu techniqe when you said that, Kyubi's hands doing one seal and naruto's hands doing another. Could result in some pretty nifty unique jutsus from Naruto, we could even end up with a quadruple rasengan technique.
Midnyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-03, 11:10   Link #29
spekstar
pure rockstar

What would really make naruto cool, would be a kyuubi transformation, like Gaara, only Naruto would be able to control the Kyuubi.

Imagine
Sasuke, fully mastered sharingan + lv2 Curse Seal(and not higher please, to prevent DBZ and DBGT scenes with their Super-ultimate Level 4 Super Saiya-jin fusion Gogeko or something like that)

VS

Naruto in Kyuubi Body.

Both when they are 18 or something like that, Sasuke still needs to stock up on techniques.
spekstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-03, 11:58   Link #30
Midnyt
Endorsed by Nodoka!~

Send a message via MSN to Midnyt
Quote:
Originally Posted by spekstar

Both when they are 18 or something like that, Sasuke still needs to stock up on techniques.
As has been said before, Sasuke has the Sharingan, with it, learning a technique is as simple as seeing it once, he also has a natual talent for thinking of moves using the sharingan, and can invent a new techique by combining all or part of other techniques together, just like that.
Midnyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-03, 12:45   Link #31
upncoming88

hey with Kyuubi doing seals, its teh perfect anti-sharingan copying i think. Because Sasuke couldn't read the movement of the chakra arm, then i think we can presume that he cant read teh chakra flows and stuff of the jutsu created from kyuubi hand seal.
upncoming88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-03, 13:04   Link #32
spekstar
pure rockstar

Quote:
As has been said before, Sasuke has the Sharingan, with it, learning a technique is as simple as seeing it once, he also has a natual talent for thinking of moves using the sharingan, and can invent a new techique by combining all or part of other techniques together, just like that.
well, I know that, but he still has to SEE the techniques, what I meen is, If he does a lot of missions he'll be able to use a lot more techniques. So by the time he's 18 he might be able to use over a 1000 techniques too(just like Kakashi)
spekstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-03, 13:55   Link #33
Reticent

I have to give it to Shikamaru.

Why?

Because for all the power those other guys have, its Shika that's most likely to have built a nuclear arsenal by then.
Reticent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-03, 17:09   Link #34
Bronwen Stx
Did you say something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reticent
I have to give it to Shikamaru.

Why?

Because for all the power those other guys have, its Shika that's most likely to have built a nuclear arsenal by then.
Hahaha. Yes, I definitely agree with you.
Bronwen Stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-03, 22:21   Link #35
Trebor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyuugafan4
so who do you think would be the best

naruto- rasengan with both hands,protective kyuubi charka(attacking by itself) Gamabunta anytime without struggling. 6,000 kage bunshins, all of jiraiya's jutsus.

sasuke- 3 dot shringan(with the mangekyo), 6 chidori, curse seal level 2, all of oros jutsus

lee- at least seven gates without tiring out, high speed at all times, drunken fist,

gaara- big shukaku anytime(not the small sheild), improved attacks that he used on kimmimaro,

neji/hinata- 359 degree vision, hakke, kaiten, long range jutus, gentle fist

shikamaru- shado copy jutsu, shadow neck bind,
It's kinda obvious that Naruto will win, as complich8 said. Some of the suggestions are sort of unfeasible, such as shikamaru. Come on now, he's a strategist, not a fighter. As we saw in the fight with Tayuya, sheer brute force can overwhelm him. Neji/hinata has the weakness and since Neji WAS brought to the brink of death, I doubt he'd win, especially against the protagonist of the show. Lee - oh come on. That's like saying "if he was invincible and had 999,999,999 jutsus and he had an infinite supply of chakra AND the kitchen sink". The thing is, IT AIN'T GOING TO HAPPEN.

Gaara could be a pretty big contender, and his "moveset" (so to speak) seems reasonable. Sasuke's probably can't have the mange because he has to kill his best friend to obtain it, so it's probably a moot point, because if he killed his best friend, well... the series kinda has no meaning. As for the generic "all of oro/jiraya's jutsus", that's kinda ridiculous, even for argument's sake. As for the cursed seal, it's a BAD thing. Unlike most other accepted techniques, it won't be used in any kind of honorable fight, and I believe that Sasuke will eventualy go back to Konoha (just speculation), but if you really want to go with it... Naruto and him already tied, so in terms of power, he can't grow that much, whereas Naruto seems to have much more growth ahead.

Verdict: Naruto wins :P
Trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 00:10   Link #36
Bflip
Cirque Dame's Jonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuzuka
For the sake of clearing things up:
Spoiler:

Well aren't you the keen observer of the obvious . Being powerful means alot more the the # and power of jutsu that you are able to use, experience counts for something as well, irrelevant but just to clear things up, again.
Oh, I thought the topic creator meant what would be cool if the ninjas gained those abilities after the 3 year time skip.

Didn't mean to sound like an idiot, but it really would be impossible for them to get so good in only 3 years.

And it's spelled Sannin, not sennin. Sennin just means hermit.
Bflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 02:42   Link #37
qball8001

Send a message via AIM to qball8001 Send a message via Yahoo to qball8001
Honestly I think Gaara is the strongest as I have said in other Threads. Gaara, with time has an amazing defense, and has an amazing offense. All at the same time. Naruto being the main character,it figures that he will Obviously win the final fight. But I do not think the final fight is between him and Sasuke, since he has to bring sauske back to the leaf. I think the Final Fight is against the clan/group??? Itachi runs.

Naruto, does everything different. He is the epitome of a maverick. So, he will learn the best techniques to fight, they will just be different. I think its cool with the kyubi idea.
qball8001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 08:30   Link #38
Keit
타.파.피.카

Narutos Kyuubi is _a little bit_ more evil than Itachi, so I think if Naruto was in Kyuubiform in that mangekyuo he wouldnt really care about that psycological terror.

I dont really know if this is correct, may be really wrong, but hey...
Old 2005-01-04, 08:32   Link #39
rorosama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bflip
Oh, I thought the topic creator meant what would be cool if the ninjas gained those abilities after the 3 year time skip.

Didn't mean to sound like an idiot, but it really would be impossible for them to get so good in only 3 years.

And it's spelled Sannin, not sennin. Sennin just means hermit.
That's true for all the other genins but the 3 main characters are getting trained by sannin. The 4th seemed to be really young when he was hokage. And he was trained by jiraiya. Imagine the super determined naruto with that added kyuubi boost.
rorosama is offline   Reply With Quote