AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-07-09, 22:44   Link #81
p997tt
= Porsche 997 Twin Turbo

I have been playing OGs for 5-6 hours a day since last Monday and I just cleared OG1 stage 36 last night (I play slow and watch many battle animations). The game is so good, easily one of the best SRWs I've played (started since SRW 3). A lot of the battle animations look real good and I'm glad they redid all the voices and BGM. I also liked the Twin system a lot, it's probably the most useful system added to a SRW game lately (didn't really like the squad system much in @2/3).

I have already gone through both OG1 and 2 on the GBA but that was so long ago (when the Japanese version just came out), I can hardly remember much of what happened throughout the games now.
p997tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-10, 05:58   Link #82
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Had to redo my savefile, since I missed obtaining the Huckebein 008L... T_T
Though, repeating was also pretty beneficial for me, since I got other stuff that I didn't get on my first run.

Things I learned for OG1 (GBA):
  1. Grouping people side by side is pretty much beneficial. Extra attacks, at the risks of wasting your limited ammo on overkilling an opponent.
  2. Latooni is just too good. Give her a high damage, high evasion unit and she'll win battles for you. I wish all girls were like that.
  3. Repair and Supply Modules are for levelgrinding characters. Thanks to them, Ingram's level skyrocketed...
  4. Always abuse Exp x2 and Money x2 seishin when doing "moneyshots" on various large targets, like battleships and bosses.
  5. You can never have too much money, and you'd want to pump up pilots as high as they can.

*thanks KBTKaiser for the tips and the 008L secret*
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-10, 06:07   Link #83
Karnot
Banned

Quote:
Grouping people side by side is pretty much beneficial. Extra attacks, at the risks of wasting your limited ammo on overkilling an opponent.
Uh, yeah, and then comes the enemy turn, and 20 enemies target your one unit, and you have to manually change support to "none" all 20 times. And thats just 1 turn !!!

I wish Bandai wasnt so stupid, and invested in a decent interface, this one hasnt changed since SNES days, and is quite horrible.
Well...pretty much whole concept is the same, i guess.
Karnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-10, 06:20   Link #84
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnot View Post
Uh, yeah, and then comes the enemy turn, and 20 enemies target your one unit, and you have to manually change support to "none" all 20 times. And thats just 1 turn !!!
TALK ABOUT FRUSTRATING. Glad there's the shoulder button to help out with that, but still...ugh.
Old 2007-07-10, 19:55   Link #85
p997tt
= Porsche 997 Twin Turbo

Quote:
Latooni is just too good. Give her a high damage, high evasion unit and she'll win battles for you. I wish all girls were like that.
Leona turned out to be my top female ace in my game. I put her in R-Gun with 162 mobility and no one ever gets higher than 10% hit rate on her (even Excellen in her 180 mobility robot gets hit from time to time) and her Hit&Away ability is very useful for Metal Genocider. BTW I really liked her new BGM...

Quote:
There was a time my Excellen nearly died because I forgot to turn the support off...I wish all these pilots that use high mobility/low armor units don't get support defense at the start.
Old 2007-07-11, 09:36   Link #86
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Okay.. I'm in a bit of a dilemma here.

Just saw a copy of SRW:OGs in a nearby PS2 game shop... and now I wonder.

Should I spend a few bucks now to buy the untranslated game, or wait for some miraculous announcement from Banpresto for an English port in the near future (Dear Lord, DO WANT.)? I'm also worried if my still-incomplete game knowledge could supplement my limited Japanese knowledge in playing the game. I recall that the PS2 and GBA scenarios are almost identical, save for some parts.

I did manage to get the game for a short test drive (went through Missions 1 & 2), and I noticed a few different things. Besides the graphics overhaul from the GBA...
*suppresses Elzam's Trombe! BGM in his head*
Old 2007-07-12, 22:20   Link #87
DaigoMadoka

Yeah, there's a few differences in stages, weapons and unit appearances. First few stages of OG2 in OGs starts off different, which helps fit in the R characters, but I'm still confused why for a few of those new stages Kyosuke's Alt Eisen is the Alt Eisen Nacht (blue coloured instead of red) and suddenly gets repainted in time for the OG2 original first stage.
DaigoMadoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 22:23   Link #88
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaigoMadoka View Post
but I'm still confused why for a few of those new stages Kyosuke's Alt Eisen is the Alt Eisen Nacht (blue coloured instead of red) and suddenly gets repainted in time for the OG2 original first stage.
Supposedly, the ATX team did that to confuse some terrorists they were after. Unfortunately, said terrorists still identified it as THE Alteisen anyway

On Flying: "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 23:25   Link #89
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Finally got tempted and checked out the Wikipedia page for Alt Eisen.

Seems like Alt Eisen Nacht is piloted by the Shadow-Mirror dimension's Kyosuke (codenamed Beowulf).. who seems to have funky inhuman powers. I think he's trying to prevent Shadow-Mirror from dimensionjumping into the OGs world.

Yeah, I've also looked into the Shadow-Mirror article, but I stopped there. :3
Old 2007-07-13, 00:13   Link #90
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganeShounen View Post
Finally got tempted and checked out the Wikipedia page for Alt Eisen.

Seems like Alt Eisen Nacht is piloted by the Shadow-Mirror dimension's Kyosuke (codenamed Beowulf).. who seems to have funky inhuman powers. I think he's trying to prevent Shadow-Mirror from dimensionjumping into the OGs world.

Yeah, I've also looked into the Shadow-Mirror article, but I stopped there. :3

That's for the later stages of OG2 proper.

On the other hand, the Blue Alteisen that appears in the early post OG1 pre OG2 parts mentioned by DaigoMadoka is the original Alteisen, simply painted blue

On Flying: "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-17, 20:05   Link #91
Tornix
The Evil Twin

Send a message via ICQ to Tornix Send a message via AIM to Tornix Send a message via Yahoo to Tornix
Oh man, I can't believe I forgot about the reinforcements on Stage 49 in OG2. Hiryu and Kurogane almost bit the dust this time.

So, I wondering if anyone was using/making special ammo? I found I was using it less and less near the end of the game.
Old 2007-07-17, 22:33   Link #92
Archer

Super Robot Wars : Original Generations Gaiden announced.
Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 00:13   Link #93
Tornix
The Evil Twin

Send a message via ICQ to Tornix Send a message via AIM to Tornix Send a message via Yahoo to Tornix
OG Gaiden already? Looks like they've got a card game of sorts, too. I wonder if we'll have to choose our character like in OG1...
Old 2007-07-18, 00:49   Link #94
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Awesome, especially considering I love card combat systems (though I have a feeling I'm one of few in North America). This game is made for stat and arithmatic nerds like me.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 00:59   Link #95
Tornix
The Evil Twin

Guess you could add myself to the few of North America , but it seems the card game's just a mini game kinda like Xenosaga Ep 1. I'd imagine they wouldn't sell much copies if it was card battle.

The two characters (Folka and Fernando) on the first page are from Compact 3 on Wonderswan. I'm glad they're getting some love. Looks like Fighter Roa's sister is in the game, too.
Old 2007-07-18, 02:01   Link #96
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

Oh gawd nekomimi armour

*fap fap fap fap fap*
dodgethis_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 02:03   Link #97
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Oh man, I am so waiting for OG Gaiden.
Old 2007-07-18, 02:10   Link #98
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

In the card battling game there I can make out what looks like Elzam in a lion with a Hot Blood Seishin card next to him and below Tasku in the Giganscudo with Seola in control of the whole thing. I'm guessing the dice thing in the image with Meier is a hit generator or something involving random numbers ala a D20 system. Say your Hit minus Enemies Evade=Whatever, and you have to roll above that to score the hit. In the bottom right it just seems to be a card collection.

Also I've never seen the Catwoman character before in any game, leading me to believe it's either from The Great Battle or a completely original unit. I also don't recognize the girl next to Fighter Roa there, Shoko Azuma or something.
Old 2007-07-18, 03:22   Link #99
p997tt
= Porsche 997 Twin Turbo

OG Gaiden? And it's for PS2 too...that's such an awesome news. I was thinking OGs would be my last purchase for PS2. Looks like I was wrong.

The expected release date is 2007. I really wonder if they could get it done before christmas this year, or a 6 month delay like what happened to OGs.

I hope some of the old cast are in this game, especially Kyosuke, Excellen and Lamia. I see that Tasuku is here so hopefully Leona is too (she's one of my favourite OG characters).

Since there's the word Gaiden in the title, I wonder if it will be as difficult as Alpha Gaiden.
Old 2007-07-18, 12:58   Link #100
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by p997tt View Post
Since there's the word Gaiden in the title, I wonder if it will be as difficult as Alpha Gaiden.
The only thing I found difficult about Alpha Gaiden was that many of the bosses insisted on regenerating to full health frequently at set points on top of being able to regenerate health every turn and cast seishin while doing it. They basically gave the bosses the players abilities, which is what made other strategy games like Fire Emblem Thracia 776 a pain to play. If you were willing to slug it out though it wasn't so bad.