AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

View Poll Results: Hayate no Gotoku - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 13 28.89%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 35.56%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 22.22%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 6.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 4.44%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.22%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-29, 01:57   Link #21
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutralizer View Post
Nooo, Hinagiku forever.
Wait, you're advocating Hayate going all the way with Hina?
Old 2007-08-29, 04:04   Link #22
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Maria just started to have a teeny bit of feelings for Hayate, it would have been great if they ended up kissing, obviously not 'all the way' some of us are hoping.
Old 2007-08-29, 07:35   Link #23
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Was it just me, or was the animation down a level in this ep.

Anyway, reasonably funny ep. Between them, Klaus and Tama had by far the funniest lines (although that's not a first). Maria getting the spotlight is welcome, but it's not exactly like anything has really developed between her and Hayate (Nagi hit that on the head before anything could happen). Even if Maria does eventually grow to like Hayate (and the indications of that happening haven't exactly been plentiful), I still think she's a distant third in the running behind Nagi and Hinagiku. In all honesty, I don't think there's too much more that can be done between them before the romantic attractions and relationships in this series become too numerous and convoluted.
Old 2007-08-29, 08:41   Link #24
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

This episode has been excellent for me... I actually side with Nagi but still kinda wish there would be more between Hayate x Maria moment... And I actually didn't get bother with the lack of Hina like I usually would. Anyway, good episode... at the very least, it settles the "joy" of the thought about going back to school...

Yay for back to school next episode. I kinda want to see school again after a while. (not in real life, of course)

EDIT:

Oh, and Katsura the teacher was scary at the end of the preview...

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
Old 2007-08-29, 09:28   Link #25
Ashlotte
Clockwork

As much as I adore maria I can't really see those two ending up together......Shes just too good for him.

Nagi moments are cute though...She has a interesting personality for sure. Watching this in parallel with the new season of zero makes me feel the difference between a true hardcore tsundere and nagi id say.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2007-08-29, 09:32   Link #26
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Its always so funny how Nagi always thinks of Hayate but then Hayate always thinks about Maria
Well finally the episodes has gotten back to the usual, where the comedy and every other good element is back
With the start of the new semester im looking forward to more Hina
I don't know if anyone noticed this but (this is the SS eclipse one)
at 12:43- we see the windshield wipers move, I'm thinking it's responding to Hayate's sadness
at 17:00-17:01- you see a random guy on like a snowmobile, i don't know if that supposed to be a reference
Old 2007-08-29, 10:15   Link #27
neutralizer
Hinagiku-ist

Send a message via AIM to neutralizer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post

Anyway, reasonably funny ep. Between them, Klaus and Tama had by far the funniest lines (although that's not a first). Maria getting the spotlight is welcome, but it's not exactly like anything has really developed between her and Hayate (Nagi hit that on the head before anything could happen). Even if Maria does eventually grow to like Hayate (and the indications of that happening haven't exactly been plentiful), I still think she's a distant third in the running behind Nagi and Hinagiku. In all honesty, I don't think there's too much more that can be done between them before the romantic attractions and relationships in this series become too numerous and convoluted.
But numerous and convoluted romantic attractions and relationships are a key to every harem anime .
Old 2007-08-29, 11:10   Link #28
Sepirts
Backward Stripes

Spoiler for Ep 22/23:
Old 2007-08-29, 11:15   Link #29
CJL13
God of his own ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
I don't imagine Hayate attempting to go all the way.....
I don't either, just saying he better keep himself under control, Nagi has eyes like a hawk.

As for the episode I say Maria has caught up to Hinagiku status in terms of people Hayate notices, but with school coming next episode Hinagiku can easily get back in the lead.
Old 2007-08-29, 11:39   Link #30
Fruitfly

Quote:
I noticed this too. It looked weird at the underwater part.
Probably something to do with the fact that another studio does the background.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_K View Post
at 17:00-17:01- you see a random guy on like a snowmobile, i don't know if that supposed to be a reference
That looked really random. It was right after Hayate said the mansion's power gets it's power from Akira. Not sure if there was snowmobiles in Akira
Old 2007-08-29, 12:25   Link #31
neutralizer
Hinagiku-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepirts View Post
Spoiler for Ep 22/23:
Spoiler for thoughts:
Old 2007-08-29, 14:00   Link #32
Salamandra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepirts View Post
Spoiler for Ep 22/23:
Spoiler for Hm:
Old 2007-08-29, 16:47   Link #33
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitfly View Post
That looked really random. It was right after Hayate said the mansion's power gets it's power from Akira. Not sure if there was snowmobiles in Akira
It's a kind of jetbike/hoverbike that was used by the army in Akira.
Old 2007-08-29, 16:58   Link #34
Calawain
Gaijin

Decent ep, better than last weeks. Quite a few obvious Haruhi, Eva, and Akira references, but they were done well. And I will agree with some of the previous posters, the whole "trip/slip/fall onto a person of the opposite sex whom you have sexual tension with" is in many many comedy anime. Love Hina was particularly emphatic about using it however, and did so many times.
Old 2007-08-29, 17:13   Link #35
Omfgbbqwtf

ah..... Mikuru-chan's classified information + Maria = gold. I thought this is definitly one of the better episode of the series. Maria FTW! and Hina of coz, but she hasn't been able to get any screen time for a couple episodes, so... too bad
Old 2007-08-29, 17:24   Link #36
neutralizer
Hinagiku-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omfgbbqwtf View Post
ah..... Mikuru-chan's classified information + Maria = gold. I thought this is definitly one of the better episode of the series. Maria FTW! and Hina of coz, but she hasn't been able to get any screen time for a couple episodes, so... too bad
Man, that part would be a good avatar.
Old 2007-08-29, 17:47   Link #37
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutralizer View Post
But numerous and convoluted romantic attractions and relationships are a key to every harem anime .
Yes... hmm...

I'm happy to see little happen between Maria and Hayate if it means that the relationships between Nagi and Hayate and Hinagiku and Hayate progress in some sort of fashion in the meantime. Although this anime has shown that it's not going to be particularly urgent as far as monumental relationship development is concerned. I wouldn't be surprised if, by the time Maria figures out that she may like Hayate (if she does at all) he's already come to terms with his feelings for one of the other two girls, and Maria would have missed her chance. I mean, Hayate may like Maria now, but it's more a gag than anything else, since it's unrequited (kind of like the way Isumi likes Hayate). I really can't see anything serious happening between those two.
Old 2007-08-29, 17:53   Link #38
neutralizer
Hinagiku-ist

Quote:
Yes... hmm...

I'm happy to see little happen between Maria and Hayate if it means that the relationships between Nagi and Hayate and Hinagiku and Hayate progress in some sort of fashion in the meantime. Although this anime has shown that it's not going to be particularly urgent as far as monumental relationship development is concerned. I wouldn't be surprised if, by the time Maria figures out that she may like Hayate (if she does at all) he's already come to terms with his feelings for one of the other two girls, and Maria would have missed her chance. I mean, Hayate may like Maria now, but it's more a gag than anything else, since it's unrequited (kind of like the way Isumi likes Hayate). I really can't see anything serious happening between those two.
True, I can definitely see that happening. At this point, I personally think that Hinagiku and Hayate is more likely as Hayate thinks of Nagi as more like a child or sister that he feels the need to protect. He thinks of Hinagiku has a close friend, even calling her Hinagiku-san, which makes me think that that pairing is more likely.
Old 2007-08-29, 17:56   Link #39
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

He calls her that because she requested it. They're really not that close.

I wonder who's really close to Hayate? Tama?
Old 2007-08-29, 18:39   Link #40
Telliamed
sensei no pet

Welcome to "Sayonara, Zetsubou Shitsuji"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I wonder who's really close to Hayate? Tama?
Seems like it. He's the only one Hayate speaks to without reservation. And they've had similar life experiences.

BTW, what was up with Tama saying "I'm from Edo!" ?

Also, I couldn't figure out what the Can't-Show-On-TV guy was hiding underwater.

Quote:
I wouldn't say that. There was some shortcutting that hadn't been done before. And during the fishing scene there were obvious recycled frames. But the boiler room scene was pretty well done. It could be a case of diverted resources.

The first scene, when Nagi was complaining, there was a bit where she hopped on the couch. That was really nice, I looped it to watch the cute little bounce and the way her hair fluttered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitfly View Post
As I thought, a Maria episode
Perfect timing for saimoe.
... didn't help.
Closed Thread