AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2016-08-26, 18:31   Link #3601
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Terumi found the 9th candidate by his own intuition, a 30+ year old dentist, and she appears to be a real cougar who later appear to have a self-cest fetish.

He need to do something, but he's on his own since he found her himself.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-03, 22:15   Link #3602
crossguy
Confused. As usual.

224 out. Some type of progress is happening.
WAIT! WHAT?
This one was NOT a setup by his Auntie?
Am I gonna have to wait for this TL.
crossguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-04, 06:04   Link #3603
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossguy View Post
224 out. Some type of progress is happening.
WAIT! WHAT?
This one was NOT a setup by his Auntie?
Am I gonna have to wait for this TL.
She's the real MILF, I'm telling you. An unpredictable and aggressive one.

By the way, based on Genji Monogatari, Genji thought such relationship with an elder woman (Gen no Tenji) who was 20 years older was inappropriate to his standards. Even a playboy has standards.

Say, do you guys think Kaoruko would appear as Fujitsubo - whom she deliberately keep it for the last? I suspect is probably hope to undo the mistake Genji has done, by altering from a lifelong obsession to true love out with mother complex. People thinks Kaoruko represents true love.
Old 2016-09-04, 08:55   Link #3604
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

^I would consider this manga trash if Terumi doesn't end up with Kaoruko in the end

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-04, 14:42   Link #3605
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

And you're not the only who thinks that.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-08, 21:04   Link #3606
crossguy
Confused. As usual.

225 Raw up.
So, It looks like Terumi managed to poke a button or two for this one.
There's a lot of undercurrent stuff/background/implied going on.
Classic writers call this "character development". The Art provides the setting and the mood, but the dialog pushes the characters along.
Part of the reason I like this "tale".
Old 2016-09-08, 22:23   Link #3607
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Yes, yes! Do it, Terumi boy! Rid the self-cest out of her! You're on your own this time.

This is gonna be the best for a time being...

By the way, what do you folks think about loving a MILF? Why is it not a problem anymore when age gap is no longer relevant?
Old 2016-09-09, 04:59   Link #3608
Gilly

What is Noriko's expression on the final page trying to convey? She almost looks like she's about to cry, but I see no tears.
Gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-10, 01:04   Link #3609
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

He finally grew a pair to take initiatives while she probably being single for too long, maybe.
Old 2016-09-15, 16:59   Link #3610
crossguy
Confused. As usual.

Raw up for #226.
It LOOKS like our MC is getting grilled by the new "conquest".
Hard to tell what's going on- but Terumi has a bad case of the sweats.
Old 2016-09-16, 14:22   Link #3611
henshinagogobaby

Quote:
Raw up for #226.
It LOOKS like our MC is getting grilled by the new "conquest".
Hard to tell what's going on- but Terumi has a bad case of the sweats.
From what I can understand and infer, the new character, Gennai, is thinking to herself why Kaoruko would introduce her to someone like Terumi and then starts laying into Terumi for thinking she's "easy", doing something cheesy like bringing flowers, reprimanding him with harsh words.

Terumi then pictures Kaoruko, Tsukasa and the several of the other targets he's met, musing to himself that being thought of as "scum" by other beautiful women is nothing new to him. (Interesting that Hanada, Rokujou, Shian and Yuu are missing, though it may be because those four never looked at Terumi with outright disgust. I'm surprised Hana is included in the lineup too, since she's essentially Hanada but shorter and with glasses)

However, Terumi resolves to win Gennai's heart without Kaoruko's help and tells Gennai that he's still hot for her despite the abuse he's getting. Gennai then starts getting a little nervous, noting that Terumi's a bigger pervert than she thought...

Anyone can die. It's living that requires courage.

You will not touch these innocent people with even one inch of your dirty blades, if you require an opponent, I will fight you. If you wanna taste the ground, feel free to attack me.
-Rurouni Kenshin
henshinagogobaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-16, 23:58   Link #3612
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by henshinagogobaby View Post
From what I can understand and infer, the new character, Gennai, is thinking to herself why Kaoruko would introduce her to someone like Terumi and then starts laying into Terumi for thinking she's "easy", doing something cheesy like bringing flowers, reprimanding him with harsh words.

Terumi then pictures Kaoruko, Tsukasa and the several of the other targets he's met, musing to himself that being thought of as "scum" by other beautiful women is nothing new to him. (Interesting that Hanada, Rokujou, Shian and Yuu are missing, though it may be because those four never looked at Terumi with outright disgust. I'm surprised Hana is included in the lineup too, since she's essentially Hanada but shorter and with glasses)

However, Terumi resolves to win Gennai's heart without Kaoruko's help and tells Gennai that he's still hot for her despite the abuse he's getting. Gennai then starts getting a little nervous, noting that Terumi's a bigger pervert than she thought...
Kaoruko is keeping her low profile, while the rest seemed to be a bad match for him, especially Aoi.

Hanada, Rokujou, Shian and Yuu could be a half-good ones, yet still a bad match regardless. I think Semi should have been excluded from the lineup too, although her past incarnation rejected the adultering MC several times just to remain faithful to her spouse until she regretted not accepting him sooner.

Hana? Was she finding him "disgusting"?
Old 2016-09-17, 10:27   Link #3613
zztop

Does Minamoto-kun have the potential for an anime adaptation, or would it just be dismissed as another cheap ecchi series?
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-17, 11:22   Link #3614
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
Does Minamoto-kun have the potential for an anime adaptation, or would it just be dismissed as another cheap ecchi series?
Even if it get an anime adaptation, ,it is probably will get butchered like hell. Not worth it.

This series is at borderline hentai.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-17, 13:48   Link #3615
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
Each girl arc will take time and the main hook for readers which is Kaoruko will have her time butchered.

The best choice would be at best have a Kaoruko OVAs.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-24, 22:18   Link #3616
crossguy
Confused. As usual.

Uh. Most adaptions lose a lot from the manga. AAnd the opposite is true. It's impossible to tell what would be left in or out.
Raw is up for #227.
Things are heating up for our MC. But do they ever go anywhere else?
Does anyone think he will EVER get his personal demons tamed?(Or be given a chance?)
Old 2016-09-24, 23:33   Link #3617
henshinagogobaby

Quote:
Uh. Most adaptions lose a lot from the manga. AAnd the opposite is true. It's impossible to tell what would be left in or out.
Raw is up for #227.
Things are heating up for our MC. But do they ever go anywhere else?
Does anyone think he will EVER get his personal demons tamed?(Or be given a chance?)
The only way I can see a Minamoto anime adaption work out is if its a series of OVA's, like KissxSis. It's one of the surefire ways of emulating the "raunchiness" of this series. That or air as an anime giving at night time so kids can't see it. It could even give a few filler scenes since the manga itself is "short", with only 8-9 pages a week, which could lend itself to fleshing out the story more.

As for getting over his demons, I believe he will. If Terumi EVER hopes to actually get any of the women he's met to fall for him, then he has to "man" up. Personally, I think the fastest way for this to happen is for him to constantly interact with the bully since she was the cause of his trauma but it looks like this won't happen in the near future. At least with this target, Terumi is on his own with trying to win Gennai's heart, no help from Kaoruko at all. Let's hope he succeeds. He's already on target number 9. Five more women to go.

My biggest concern at the moment is that the series isn't being translated regularly at the moment. Chapter 194 is the last translated chapter and the raw is already up to 227. That's 33 chapters of Minamoto that people want to read but can't. My hope is that this picks up again.

Anyone can die. It's living that requires courage.

You will not touch these innocent people with even one inch of your dirty blades, if you require an opponent, I will fight you. If you wanna taste the ground, feel free to attack me.
-Rurouni Kenshin
henshinagogobaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-25, 04:12   Link #3618
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Beside five to go, he yet to find out the other six incarnations as well.

For me, the another way to overcome his "demon" is to successfully fulfill his mama complex in him, to release his demon out of him. Fujitsubo - become both his mama figure and his wife.
Old 2016-09-30, 22:43   Link #3619
crossguy
Confused. As usual.

Looks like we are up to raw#228.
I guess things are "looking up" for Terumi. Does she continue thinking he's a perv?

I do think our MC will grow a pair, but at this point in time I'm not sure what kind of growth he will have. This is a wretched mess of hangups, personal demons, and twisted opportunities.
The longer I go without a new TL the more things seem to be uncontrollable and irreparable.
I'm gonna hang on till I get some relief!(Or a better explanation!)
Old 2016-10-01, 06:23   Link #3620
Ysellian

Haha yeah. Not really sure what's going on but it looks like a huge step for Minamoto.

Btw concerning TL's, it would be amazing to see what the new google translate machine is capable off once it comes out.
Ysellian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, seinen, smut, snusnu