AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-08-09, 13:07   Link #5521
King-Slayer

Well the chapter is out now.
Get a little more info on Yoshiko but I still don't know what she summons and we find out Hayari gets crazy when she's drunk. Sawa is getting a little creepy with the stories Usuzan tells. However, with these kind of players, it's going to make Saki's comeback all the more scary.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-09, 13:20   Link #5522
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Yes indeed ... Sawa is ... tough ... almost gave an image of being Cthulu-like in that last chapter!

Still - good chapter.

C'mon Saki - time to shine and start stomping!
Old 2015-08-09, 15:00   Link #5523
itisjustme

The contrast between the big boobs meet at the start of the chapter and the flat chested match is brutal.
itisjustme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-09, 19:34   Link #5524
Chitanda Eru

About Sawaya this match, the "bird" kamui seems to nullify the other's ability, somehow it's same as Shizuno, the dora is somehow same as Awaii and one type of tiles (man or red tiles) is somehow same as Kasumi of Eisui ---> Wow Sawaya is mixed by lots of style

And yes, she used all of her Kamui now. She is having nothing but 1 cloud for the rest of the battle. Hope that she will have more than that.

I think for the rest of the first hanchan, the best thing Saki can do is to have +/- 0. But it is quite hard cause she need to score more than 32000 points now
Chitanda Eru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-09, 23:33   Link #5525
Narumin

I hope Saki will make a big win (Sanbaiman or Kazoe Yakuman) or get enough scores to the third place before break and show her goddess mode for comeback to the first place in the second hanchan. I don't want Kiyosumi go to the final with the second place because they will become an underdog. Every team in the final should be an equal candidate.

I want to write Saki series fanfiction and make Saki to be a frosty and lone-wolf girl who never care everything and others after her childhood past. In the first time in Kiyosumi mahjong club, she says that she joins the club because she has only nothing to do in her daily lives. However, Nodoka makes her to think about something until she decides to win the tournament for reconciling with her sister. During the match, she will show her calm and serious face.

I want Saki win on one or two hand before break and she shouldn't be in Yakitori status. In addition, she should recover by herself more than Nodoka's help. I want Ritz to improve Saki's character development. Nodoka should apologize Saki about losing point in the vice-captain match and causing more trouble in Saki's match. If Nodoka scolds Saki like the Nagano tournament, I will hate her.
V
V
V

Last edited by Narumin; 2015-08-10 at 02:08.
Narumin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-10, 01:50   Link #5526
The Green One

Rough situation for Saki, her biggest achilles heel is her confidence. She doesn't seem to be falling apart yet, but she can't afford to take much more damage, can't be many hands left until the mid match break. Then we'll see if her love..*cough* I mean friend Nodoka can give her a pep talk. It'll be interesting to see how she gets out of this, we know her plot armor will get her to the finals but it'll be interesting to see how. We saw a glimpse of her super mode last time, we'll see what she shows us this time.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-10, 02:04   Link #5527
tarajis
El Psy Congroo

Does Saki get a dealer turn before the end of the first half?

If that's the case then I would like to see Saki breaks and then on her dealer turn, with a darkened face, everyone's eyes would be at Saki as she releases an end-of-the-world aura (something like earthshaking and thunder and lightning and other scary stuff) and smirks and whisper something like "futile effort" and then spams yakumans left and right until someone goes bust or maybe even get everyone to go negative on the final hand and don't even get to the second half...

Wouldn't that be an unexpected turn of events? Well... it's Saki we're talking about so it's possible, right?
tarajis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-10, 03:57   Link #5528
Chitanda Eru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarajis View Post

If that's the case then I would like to see Saki breaks and then on her dealer turn, with a darkened face, everyone's eyes would be at Saki as she releases an end-of-the-world aura (something like earthshaking and thunder and lightning and other scary stuff) and smirks and whisper something like "futile effort" and then spams yakumans left and right until someone goes bust or maybe even get everyone to go negative on the final hand and don't even get to the second half...

Wouldn't that be an unexpected turn of events? Well... it's Saki we're talking about so it's possible, right?
Wow, it's time for Saki's "limit break", huh? ^^ I think she will cast some Flare, Meteor, Holy or Ultima before using the limit break :")

And yes, if Sawaya won't win again, the next match is Saki's dealer turn. However, I think it's not the time for Saki to show up, she will shine up after this
Chitanda Eru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-10, 04:08   Link #5529
Narumin

Yakitori status shouldn't happen for Saki. She is one of national-class monster, not an useless normal player.
Old 2015-08-10, 07:47   Link #5530
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narumin View Post
I hope Saki will make a big win (Sanbaiman or Kazoe Yakuman) or get enough scores to the third place before break and show her goddess mode for comeback to the first place in the second hanchan. I don't want Kiyosumi go to the final with the second place because they will become an underdog. Every team in the final should be an equal candidate.
Why would Kiyosumi become underdog if they will go to the final with the second place? 4 teams that manages to get there will get the attention equally.

Kiyosumi's lose record (aka the time where they got 2nd place) at this point is still 0 while Shiratodai, Achiga, Usuzan and Himematsu all have 1. (Rinkai is also 0 BTW)

Going to final in the 2nd place won't ruin Kiyosumi Reputation.

Actually, it would be better for the plot if Kiyosumi going to final in the 2nd place. At this point we all think "No matter what happened during the game, no matter how bad Kiyosumi's score before Saki play, Saki will make Kiyosumi win" If that didn't happen, and Saki does 'lose' for once, it will at least create more tension for the final round.

Last edited by Marina2; 2015-08-10 at 08:05.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-10, 13:27   Link #5531
tarajis
El Psy Congroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitanda Eru View Post
However, I think it's not the time for Saki to show up, she will shine up after this
This is the "Majhong is Tanoshii" power up. This is where Saki dominates the table and show how fun playing majhong can be... No, I want something different for a change... something like "Majhong is Suffering" power up... something that would make the way the Koromo acted in the Nagano finals look tamed and cute... okay, okay, the Koromo is cute however she acts I'll give you that... something that would trigger the fallout between Saki and Nodoka...

How about before going to the second half and Saki gets lost looking for the toilet (again) and then ends up meeting Teru with Awai being all over Teru and Teru just walks past by Saki ignoring her... Saki thinking her imouto position has been stolen and then we hear something breaks and then Saki going to the table looking for blood and then the doom and gloom begins...
tarajis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-10, 14:39   Link #5532
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
This is the "Majhong is Tanoshii" power up. This is where Saki dominates the table and show how fun playing majhong can be... No, I want something different for a change... something like "Majhong is Suffering" power up... something that would make the way the Koromo acted in the Nagano finals look tamed and cute... okay, okay, the Koromo is cute however she acts I'll give you that... something that would trigger the fallout between Saki and Nodoka...

How about before going to the second half and Saki gets lost looking for the toilet (again) and then ends up meeting Teru with Awai being all over Teru and Teru just walks past by Saki ignoring her... Saki thinking her imouto position has been stolen and then we hear something breaks and then Saki going to the table looking for blood and then the doom and gloom begins...
Thing is, Saki's normal mode is already that, or at least her double zero thing is. She started doing that precisely because she thought being good at mahjong was bad and brought her pain, if I remember correctly.

Saki is still very much trapped in her past traumas, its time to move on from that, and apparently its up to Nodoka and her pillows to do just that.

Of course, things can still go tumbling down later once its time to face Teru and her crew, but I doubt it will help with her skills.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-10, 23:09   Link #5533
Bladezer

Quote:
Yakitori status shouldn't happen for Saki. She is one of national-class monster, not an useless normal player.
There is no Yakitori penalty to be paid, it was another mistake that the anime made.

Also Sawaya seems to have gotten her powers like Shizuno, where as Shizuno was blessed by the sacred mountains in Nara, Sawaya seems to have stumbled onto something long forgotten in this world and has brought it back to the forefront, and its only purpose is to protect Sawaya and keep her safe no matter what. Also this really makes me think Ritz should try her hand at the Fantasy Adventure genre, since she really likes to put in a lot of references to things you wouldn't really expect from a sports manga.

Also you guys are going to actually have to wait until the end of the match for Saki to really get going, since that's when she does all her best work.

Also I seriously want a proper back story on all these girls powers, since they seem to have some pretty mysterious origins.

Also really funny that Naruka is a sceptic, but her teammates are actually able to call her out on it and it to get through to her unlike Nodoka.

And on the Shinohayu chapter, its actually pretty nice that Ritz is making it clear that Harue is Hypersensitive to spotting tells. Yeah it maybe a bit late, but its nice when something is introduced and used for a character, and the creator actually continues to use it.

Last edited by Bladezer; 2015-08-10 at 23:20.
Bladezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-11, 06:13   Link #5534
Narumin

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladezer View Post
There is no Yakitori penalty to be paid, it was another mistake that the anime made.

Also Sawaya seems to have gotten her powers like Shizuno, where as Shizuno was blessed by the sacred mountains in Nara, Sawaya seems to have stumbled onto something long forgotten in this world and has brought it back to the forefront, and its only purpose is to protect Sawaya and keep her safe no matter what. Also this really makes me think Ritz should try her hand at the Fantasy Adventure genre, since she really likes to put in a lot of references to things you wouldn't really expect from a sports manga.

Also you guys are going to actually have to wait until the end of the match for Saki to really get going, since that's when she does all her best work.

Also I seriously want a proper back story on all these girls powers, since they seem to have some pretty mysterious origins.

Also really funny that Naruka is a sceptic, but her teammates are actually able to call her out on it and it to get through to her unlike Nodoka.

And on the Shinohayu chapter, its actually pretty nice that Ritz is making it clear that Harue is Hypersensitive to spotting tells. Yeah it maybe a bit late, but its nice when something is introduced and used for a character, and the creator actually continues to use it.
Yakitori status I said means Saki can't win even one hand in the first hanchan. I think it's too bad. In Side-A semi final, Shizuno was almost in Yakitori status in the first hanchan but she could get a direct hit on Awai in the last hand.

Last edited by Narumin; 2015-08-11 at 06:36.
Old 2015-08-11, 10:01   Link #5535
Bladezer

Quote:
Yakitori status I said means Saki can't win even one hand in the first hanchan. I think it's too bad. In Side-A semi final, Shizuno was almost in Yakitori status in the first hanchan but she could get a direct hit on Awai in the last hand.
Actually there is not winning any hands in Mahjong is called Yakitori I believe, its just called not being able to win any hands.

What your thinking of is the Yakitori penalty rule that makes players who don't win hands or get tenpai at the end of around pay out point to other players. Effectively it is used to stop heavily defensive play, and the reason I know there is no Yakitori penalty in this tournament rules, is because Izumi didn't win once in her match, and she didn't have to pay the penalty.
Bladezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-14, 13:41   Link #5536
Ura-dora

Quote:
Originally Posted by King-Slayer View Post
Well the chapter is out now.
However, with these kind of players, it's going to make Saki's comeback all the more scary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
C'mon Saki - time to shine and start stomping!
Quote:

I want to write Saki series fanfiction and make Saki to be a frosty and lone-wolf girl who never care everything and others after her childhood past. In the first time in Kiyosumi mahjong club, she says that she joins the club because she has only nothing to do in her daily lives. However, Nodoka makes her to think about something until she decides to win the tournament for reconciling with her sister. During the match, she will show her calm and serious face.
Quote:

After reading most people's comments about how the match is going, I've become baffled. Why is it that people are so set on seeing Saki dominate every single match? It is as if Saki is suppose to win every single round, nobody wins a hand, game over, everyone is happy? Is this some new sort of popular trend? Where the main character can't be faced with obstacles, but instead defeat the opponents quickly, without trouble?

I'm actually one of the very few people who find the direction the match is going, to be fresh. It's clearly obvious that Saki's team won't lose at the semi-finals, but having her face a team that is strong is even better.

I'm not sure if you guys have noticed, but Saki's opponents are getting stronger and stronger. Do you know why they are getting stronger and why it is becoming harder for Saki to dominate? The answer is simple, she is advancing in a competition where only winners are able to advance. Each round has two new winners who are stronger than the teams before.

While Koromo was extremely strong, the Nagano captains match was not as difficult a match as the quarterfinals captains match. This is because while Koromo and the other players where good, the players in the quarterfinals captain match were great. Now the players in the captain’s semi-final match are much stronger than the ones in the qauterfinals.

And by stronger, I'm not saying anyone is stronger than Koromo. I'm simply saying the pressure from all three opponents Saki is facing, is much stronger than the Nagano captains match. This follows the semifinals captain match, having much more pressure than the quarterfinals match.

Instead of Saki dominating every single round from East 1 to South 4, wouldn't it be nicer if she is faced with obstacles and overcome those very same obstacles. What is the point for creating strong opponents if they can't give her a challenge? What would be the point if we know Saki is going to dominate everything? By the logic of people who want Saki to be mega powerful, Saki should win every match against Teru, with Teru not even scratching her.

Why does Saki has to make such a huge and glamorous comeback? Why can't she barely scratch second place. Learn her lesson from the semifinals, and come back stronger during the finals?
Ura-dora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-14, 14:42   Link #5537
The Green One

Now now, is it really that bizarre to want to see the main character do well? Is it so strange that when she's getting her ass kicked to empathize and hope she turns it around? Is it so odd to want that when she wins that she do it in an impressive/amazing manner? That's not so unreasonable. I don't think any of us are saying we just want to see Saki come to the table, yawn, and then snap her fingers and all the other players immediately and completely lose. Saki struggling from time to time undeniably has an important purpose but don't just assume we want her and Kioysumi by proxy to always win effortlessly. I doubt any of us are saying that.
Old 2015-08-14, 18:13   Link #5538
Hiyono

I think it's more that we can't stand the wait. It takes foreeeeever for Saki to do her stuff.
Old 2015-08-15, 08:13   Link #5539
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ura-dora View Post
Why does Saki has to make such a huge and glamorous comeback? Why can't she barely scratch second place. Learn her lesson from the semifinals, and come back stronger during the finals?
I'm not sure when this trend came into existence but there seems to be a growing number of (sadistic?) fans who'd prefer cheering/rooting Saki as an evil dream crushing monster and not the hero. Pretty certain the trend hadn't come up yet when season one anime was on air. I think it's due to the result of the whole series of event, especially on Achiga side, making team from Nagano seems whole lot stronger than other regions which ended up making Kiyosumi seems less of an underdog people would wanted to rooted for to an actual threat that other team should be wary of.

I think it's just the byproduct of outcome many matches post-Nagano tournament that somehow defiles fans initial perception of the team powerlevel.

And there are also exist those who are impatient and just want to skip the whole tournament and go right down to Saki vs. Teru. Due to the manga snail pacing it can't be helped.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-15, 11:08   Link #5540
The Green One

When a single round of a tournament takes over 2 years to complete you're going to feel some.....fatigue in regards to following it.

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri