Closed Thread

Old 2006-08-02, 08:59   Link #21
Petbe
Wingless Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hir0
that bankai seems overpowered...
to get bashed that much by kariya the ep b4 and now this? lol
Except the bontou are going to get A LOT stronger since in Soul Society. Hence the reason to call all shinigami to aid them in the fight.
Old 2006-08-02, 11:30   Link #22
reinloch

The Bounts never have a chance. There is always Hichigo...in Bankai mode. I hope he would appear and tear the fatty, then Kariya apart.
Old 2006-08-02, 12:56   Link #23
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
first half was cool (kariya = DBZ villian ripoff)...but the 2nd half completely fcked it up...and it was flowing good at the start =.=
btw wheres the preview for next week? O.o *hopes for 1 hour special*

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-08-02, 13:23   Link #24
Dantat

Wut theeeeeeeeee, what a lame episode

Seems like they pulled that Ishida plot out of their ares'
Old 2006-08-02, 14:31   Link #25
Shunsui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantat
Wut theeeeeeeeee, what a lame episode

Seems like they pulled that Ishida plot out of their ares'
It actually seemed to me it's been kinda obvious for a while now. Not only is Ishida not exactly best friends with the Shinigami, especially Mayuri, but there was no way the good guys stood a chance on Earth.

I don't see how Kariya is a DBZ villain rip-off. Because he uses his hands instead of a sword? Okaaaaay.

And everyone saying LOL BYA + HITSU >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> BOUNTO obviously missed how many times Hitsugaya got absolutly plastered by everyone last arc, and how the Bounto basically have instant Wolverine-esque regeneration in Soul Society. Oh, and the fact that Kariya ~= Bankai Ichigo on Earth, who last I remembered, did pretty well in a fight against Bya.

So, yeah, maybe less fanboyism over all would make this thread a better read.
Old 2006-08-02, 21:12   Link #26
shikamarufoo

Let's see...A plot twist and then a main character change...What's going on???
Actually I liked this episode and can't wait for all the SS captain fights, though it seems it might take more than one captain to fight one bounto IMO...I was hoping Ichigo didn't have to use bankai (not like in Naruto where he used Rasengan in nearly all the fillers), but it's cool since it's only been used once and seems like it'll be used just once more in SS.
Overall 8.5/10~
Old 2006-08-02, 22:13   Link #27
kirjava
~kugetski~

now im not sure if this goes into a spoiler but i have a theory.

Spoiler for :

of course its just my geuss..
Old 2006-08-02, 22:39   Link #28
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 91 review

To tell you the truth not all the conversation parts were cheesy or dragged when I read of them at Omni's blog.

For me was interesting to know the full account about the birth of the Bount and why SS never took responsibility for the experiments they did on mortal souls.
Spoiler:

I felt a bit sympathetic for their brethen upon hearing their side of the story.

The Ichigo memory flashback parts of the Hollow and Soul Society arcs were those unnecesary and recycled, that I agree did no contributions at all. However, the Zangetsu parts were a welcome since it's been a long for Zangetsu appearing again into the show. Besides, I'm happy that the music scores from the previous two arcs returned.

And I believe we have a few, satisfying minutes of fighting between Kariya and Ichigo (Bankai) evenly matched, though not a full climax.
Old 2006-08-03, 00:51   Link #29
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petbe
Soo umm.. like 5 more weeks of bountos right.. maybe 6.
I'm expecting it to end between episodes 100 and 104, so I'd say about 10 more weeks of bounds.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-08-03, 00:58   Link #30
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
I'm expecting it to end between episodes 100 and 104, so I'd say about 10 more weeks of bounds.
I'm actually predicting to finish up at episode 102, that would sum 39 episodes alloted to the Bount arc, though it would be better if ending by episode 100.

One thing I can be certain that the next arc picking from the manga would start on October when new anime begins at the fall season.
Old 2006-08-03, 01:22   Link #31
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
One thing I can be certain that the next arc picking from the manga would start on October when new anime begins at the fall season.
That's exactly why I chose that numerical range!

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-08-03, 06:38   Link #32
sniperz

i like bankai and owns wannabe winners
Old 2006-08-03, 18:43   Link #33
Lendial

ichi's bankai seemed a bit premature, i was expecting the arc to end with ichi bankai owning kariya
Old 2006-08-03, 23:24   Link #34
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
And I believe we have a few, satisfying minutes of fighting between Kariya and Ichigo (Bankai) evenly matched, though not a full climax.
The excitement Ichigo's Bankai would generate the first time when he did it, was simply lacking in this one. Probably that's the reason why some of the posters were wording Ichigo's dialogue with his Zangetsu "cheesy." Of course, Shounen-cheese is a must have delicacy, but if the presentation is lacking and the timing is all wrong, then its nothing but rotten cheese. However, watching Kariya fight was cool as he never seemed to take his hands out of his pocket till the last moment. Itchy crotch???

For me, the fight wasn't satisfying. And I really want to see if Ishida can back up his words by actually getting back at Kariya. Otherwise, he is just another Sasuke who is suffering from the lame tragic-hero-complex. Note that both of these characters, Sasuke & Ishida, are voiced by the same seiyuu.

By Bleach's standard, give this episode a whole 2 out of 5. Will not be looking forward to the next episode, but will watch anyway.
Old 2006-08-04, 10:05   Link #35
SDM

in my opinion one of the scientists that had something to do with the creation of the bounto looked alot like byakuya, so maybe an ancestor?
Old 2006-08-04, 12:30   Link #36
scorpio516

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
However, watching Kariya fight was cool as he never seemed to take his hands out of his pocket till the last moment. Itchy crotch???
Maybe, before he merged, his doll was...

wait for it....

A giant crab! and it had little crab babbies
Old 2006-08-04, 23:53   Link #37
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

The ep could have been better, Ichigo's bankai could have been more epic, but overall i guess I still liked this ep...Yeah it went almost 100% like Yuyu Hakusho Black Chapter with all but Ishida and company slicing the gate that stops A-class demons, but I still got alot of great action and was somewhat satisfied...Well now we get to see the Shinis vs. the Bountos, so I suspect the action will go into another gear once that starts, but I agree this ep didn't meet the high expectations I had going into it...
Old 2006-08-06, 05:14   Link #38
kranec

i wish ichigo did a bit more damage to kariya...
Old 2006-08-06, 09:07   Link #39
Biswa

Yeah, sounds kinda weak. And what's the deal with Ishida... it doesn't look like he had a major power-up. Is he going to lose his powers again someway?
Old 2006-08-07, 01:09   Link #40
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biswa
Yeah, sounds kinda weak. And what's the deal with Ishida... it doesn't look like he had a major power-up. Is he going to lose his powers again someway?
They said that the artifact he is using to maintain his powers is fragile, so there is a good chance of it. I hope not though, I really prefer the kick-ass, take no shinigami prisoner, Ishida.

Closed Thread